Water Pol-ow

A caution to the five people who haven’t seen this video already: Something startling happens, but the YouTube videographer assures us that all turned out well.

Comments

1. A new dish pug in the hole Featured at restraunts nation wide. :D

2. Prosh Pug Pup
    playing Polo
    Plops in pothole

3. SCOOOOOOOOOORE!

Okay that is all I can think of for now…. carry on.

4. Aaaaand let the nuffing begin in 10…9…8…

5. What is it Lassie girl? Bob fell in the well ????

6. Good job, cameraman, dropping the camera immediately to go help the dog! Automatic win over all the America’s Funniest Home Videos parents who continue filming their injured children for 30 more seconds.

7. kibblenibble says:

Even with the warning, I was still startled. :shock:
    Qte leetle puglet.

8. so cute

9. 260Oakley says:

Monty Pugthon and the Holey Grail

10. Beth covered in cat hair says:

I was startled too…then I laughed (I feel bad about that). Poor baby!

Jesse M., you’re right…at least s/he thought the dog was more important than to keep filming.

I wonder if doggie will think that the ball did that to him on purpose and carry a vengeance towards it from now on?

11. Except that they don’t show videos of injured people on AFHV. They specify that in the submission rules.

12. Mary (the first) says:

My first thought too, “yay cameraperson for dropping the camera instantly to go rescue the puglet!” Second thought: hahahaha! since I knew puglet was ok.

13. Our judges would have also accepted “Timmy” :)

14. I’m glad that the filming stopped and the pug was presumably assisted, but it’s hard not to have the happy ending within the clip! Think of the audience!

15. …and that’s when Bob realized that following the white rabbit around was a bad idea.He was there… AND THEN HE WASN’T!!!

16. LMAO – I gave an almighty gasp when I saw this – then belleh laughed. haha

17. I literally just went *GASP!* when the pupperson’s fell in… Good thing the video stops, it means the owner rushed to save the pup! Although, it would be nice to have an “after” video so we could see that all is well :)

18. I literally just went *GASP!* when the pupperson’s fell in… Good thing the video stops, it means the owner rushed to save the pup! Although, it would be nice to have an “after” video so we could see that all is well :)

19. Oops. Stupid server posted twice. Please delete extra comment? Thanks *blush*

20. “Hello, pool service? Yeah, hi. Listen, my filter seems to be pugged up…”

21. Nooooooooo!

22. Ugh.

23. YAY! THIS! :D

24. Gigi (the original one) says:

What happened? I was chasing that big round thing and then every thing went black!

25. pugh?

I gasped & belleh laughed! Obviously a magician, this was the famous disappearing act!

26. Ana Félix Pires says:

I was all ohnoohnoohnoohno! and then it happened and I laughed. Poor thing. Ahah! :D

27. Totally want the after video showing little puppersons all happy again too!

28. WendyPinNJ says:

I was shocked and then surprised as well! And then I laughed–somewhat uncontrollably–too!

However, I submit that it is entirely possible to both go help the poor little puggy puppernutter AND continue filming. At the very least to reassure all the rest of us that poor little puppernutter was, indeed, OK!

29. WendyPinNJ says:

OH NO! Poor little puppernutter. Not fair not to supply the video evidence of the happy ending!

30. This is not funny or cute. It’s startling and scary. What if young people who visit the site don’t understand that the puppy could be dead in seconds. I love this site, but please don’t post animal cruelty or neglect. This pug puppy almost died. Not cute.

31. I see a wet cat…and a hot dog.

32. I totally got a good belly laugh from this one. Then I replayed it 5 or 6 times and cracked up every stinking time. Shouldn’t this be tagged “cute or sad”?

33. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Premi-yum!!1

34. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(Muttley chortle)

35. That’s the kind of thing I figure a dog needs only do once to learn caution in the future. ;-)

36. Oh please! Can’t the pug’s owner make another video just to let us all know that the little cutie is really ok? That was so sudden and sad! I really want to see the happy ending!

37. victoreia says:

*groan* [golf clap]

38. let’s review teh signs of nuffiness, shall we?

1. authoritative, condescending, absolutely assured tone? check.
    2. emphatic assurance that author has better, more correct point of view? check.
    3. assumption that cuteoverload has scorned comment authors views? check.
    4. declaration of fealty to cuteoverload, despite evidence of high crimes? check.
    5. concern for children? check.
    6. use of nuffterms like “startling,” “scary,” cruelty,” “neglect,” “dead” and the ultimate nuff-bomb phrase, “not cute?” check, check and check.

puglover, you are a nuffer.

your comment is being hoisted onto a pike as a warning to would be nuffers.

for the rest of you lot, the popcorn is ready.

39. Hmm. Similarly, I almost die every time I trip over my big feet and don’t break my neck.

40. “Almost died”? Really?

The pug stepped into the access hole of the skimmer. That’s where debris gets stuck after drifting in with the pool water. The reason he appears to stop so soon is because his feet were already at the bottom, meaning no, he didn’t almost die. He wasn’t even close.

41. skippymom says:

I almost die every time I trip over one of my cats.

42. Stormcat42 says:

And there was much rejoicing… *sullen muffled “Yea’s”

43. Stormcat42 says:

*points at Skippmom* What she said…

44. I fifteenth the reassurance I felt when the cameraperson immediately dropped the camera to go help the bebe. Priority was on the puglet’s safety. Yay, cameraperson!

45. Yeah, we need a follow up video showing that the pup is doing fine and is happy!!

46. First, white ball (of pug) in the corner pocket for the win.

Second, don’t pool filter holes come with a covers?

47. Oh wait, I KNOW there’s another joke in there somewhere, pool and pool?

48. I should have read the warning, I screamed like a little girl.

49. I can almost hear the cameraguy screaming in horror as he/she drops the camera to rescu(t)e their precious widdle baby.

50. Do rejoice in knowing that all dogs go to heaven.

51. I gasped a little, just like pug’s mommeh! Glad she stopped filming to rescue the little babe! Silly pug! Absolutely adorable! And I can just imagine the little one’s face afterwards, all “Wuh happened???”

52. I almost died last Tuesday because I held my breath whilst cleaning the bathroom.

53. Or just make another video. That pug is really cute, and would like to see more of his shenanigans.

54. Sharpy, you’re my Hero (or my She-ro, depending on your gender…) :)

55. So that makes him Pugdini? ;-)

56. Or perhaps David Puggerfield?

57. at least the pug’s face was already smashed!
    really though…i am glad the little one was okay. i too felt bad for laughing.

58. 2catsonmylap says:

FTW

59. I’m thinkin’ maybe half of the team of Pug & Teller.

60. Prosh pug plug.

61. oh no! poor puggie! :(

Videographer to the rescue!!!!

62. Haha! Poor little guy. That must have been a shock. I’m sure he didn’t fall very far, though.

My dad loves to tell me about the time our little terrier-whippet-somethingelse mutt fell into and got caught inside a sewer drain while chasing birds along the beach in Biloxi. He had to trudge into the ocean in his Sunday best and reach into the yuck to yank him out…

63. Coitaaaado!!!

64. I was way off. After the disclaimer, I was expecting to see him take a running leap at the ball and both of them would end up in the pool! :-P

65. hehehehe… pug plug. They don’t need a filter cover, they have a perfectly good pug plug.

66. Hee hee! Best comment!

67. I agree with Nikki! Sharpy, do you have a superhero cape? ‘Cuz you should!

68. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Me three.

69. We must not be watching the same show then ahahaha

70. Don’t worry everybody. I was in the hole.

71. This totally reminds me of the time my puppy fell into a ditch. She was bounding along happily and then she wasn’t there. Then she reappeared and continued bounding. I shrieked and then once I knew she was ok, it was hilarious. Sadly I didn’t have a video on her at the time.
    The pug pup is ok = funny.

72. LOL!

73. :-D

74. Love it – it’s so obvious that it’s going to happen, and yup, it does! But c’mon, folks, we’re assured that everything turned out OK and yet some people won’t believe it without video assurance? And some even wanted the photographer to continue filming whilst performing rescue? I’m quite sure some would have roundly castigated said photographer had they done so, as has been done following previous videos posted here (but instead others castigated them for NOT doing so). It just goes to show you, you can’t make all the peeps happy all of the time.

Me, I’m just happy to see silly pug do the kind of dumb thing I would do if I were a little dog.

75. muttluver says:

…..they must define “injured” differently.