Our Most Action-Packed Video Ever!

Before you press play, dear reader, we beg of you — sit down and hold onto something! For what you are about to see is so tense, so gripping, so full of pulse-pounding pandemonium that your overstimulated mind may short circuit! Can your heart stand the excitement of — a kitteh lounging in a tub of water?!

Comments

1. Is that a rubber platypus? I totally need one of those. Also, kind of need that kitteh.

2. The tension! I still can’t recover… *gulps down tranquilizers*

3. That is an otter in disguise! I’m sure of it!

4. What happened next???

5. I t-t-thought I was ready for it but I wasn’t.

The crossed legs have kilt me ded, not to mention the strategically placed…. hot dog??? duck-billed playtus???

6. looks like the kitteh has been tranquilized ;-) how relaxing!

7. I like the surprise ending.

8. Gigi (the original one) says:

This video needs a soundtrack, lets all sing together:

Rubber Thingy your the one
    You make bathtime lots of fun,
    Rubber Thingy, I’m awfully fond of you.

9. If I recall correctly, it was too hot outside for said kitteh. So Kitters came indoors and had a spa day. = : )

10. Kitty Rolled over and Lolled on the other side LOL

11. I love the modesty duck

12. WendyPinNJ says:

Oh lordy. Another adorable Scottish Fold. I think I need one of these. Or two. Possibly three. Well, four. But that’s it. Maybe.

Do all Scottish Folds like water, or just this one?

13. From now on every time I’m stressed out I’ll watch this. I shall call it my kitteh Prozac.

p.s. someone please remix this with music from Inception.

14. WendyPinNJ says:

Oh, and I’m sorry, but that rubber duck looks more like a platypus!

15. 260Oakley says:

Totally bathetic

16. That´s not a cat, stupid human folk … it´s a little alien from outer space (just look at the eyes) and soon it is going to call its´ brothers and sisters and they will conquer all the world and all the bath tubs in it … they will sleep in your beds, shed hair on your furniture and demand food of you when ever they want, you will be slaves at their command!

Uh, you mean IT IS ALREADY HAPPENING???

EEEEEEEKKK! I CAN HEAR THEM AT MY DOOR!!!!!
    Oh. It´s just my two very normal very nice kittehs … no danger at all …

Sorry. Got carried away by imagination.

17. That cat looks baked.

18. I for one welcome our new furry overlords.

19. I wish my Scottish Fold was like that. I am willing to bet they either gave the cat some tranquilizers or got it just after a cat nip high.

20. *snorfle* I actually check the comment threads for yours — what a funny, subtle wit you have.

21. Andi in NC says:

indeed….

22. While Maru toils away leaping into and out of boxes, his younger, lazy brother stays home and lounges in the pool that Maru’s fame bought.

23. Bluemenro says:

That is one comfeh kitteh! I think there should be a link to this video for the definition of “comfortabuhls” in the in C.O. glossary.

24. They got some special kind of cat drugs in Japan, or something.

25. Lewis n' Clark says:

I think kitteh needs training in appropriate modesty-wear; a hot dog is not exactly…uh…shall we say..as good as a tailio?

26. soooo cute…!!!! those huge eyes…!!!

27. Mrs. Capers says:

lulz

28. I think kitteh had too much nip and fell into a stupor.

29. @Sunny….
    Modesty Duck!! laugh laugh wheeze (I have the flu)

30. the mind boggles!!!

i’m so confused, i should prolly go straight to bed….

31. as someone else has already mentioned, love the crossed legs.

32. Agreed. I was much more shocked by the privacy wienie (wha’ wha’ WHAT?) than by the cat lounging in water.

33. That was weeeeeeeeeird.

34. Kitteh doesn’t blink at all!!! Is that normal?

35. victoreia says:

Actually, I was waiting for the “Dramatic [insert ani-pal of choice]” music.

36. victoreia says:

Whadda ya mean “new“?!

37. My oh my, that is one damp feline … ;)

38. I love how he/she is purring the whole time :). I agree with the platypus for the toy. Or maybe a Pokemon?

39. aww, look, she has soaked so long her ears have gotten pruney!

40. I wish bathtime for my kitties was this mellow…

41. I thought the eyes indicated the dose of valium / catnip / whatev the cat took before entering the bathtube :)

42. Boiled.

43. Shinygirl says:

Is that Maru? Is that what Maru is under all his fluffyness?

44. Don’t nuff me Bro.

45. Camp, I haz it. :P

46. There’s one in every family.

47. Zen cat.

Meoooooommmmmmm

48. It’s the bath toy that cracks me up.

49. (The Original) Mel says:

Sumpin ain’t rite here.

50. Drugged.

51. Everyone does! That is why 260Oakley is a national treasure!

Great one 260, truly great.

52. Is it common for cats to like water? The few cats I’ve known they all HATE water.

53. catwhisperer says:

That’s a mighty creative way to evade moderashuns…

54. it’s all very sweet and cute until you hear that one of them weighs a thousand pounds. yipes!

55. People, people! Take a closer look!
    It’s clearly a Privacy Platypus,
    not a Modesty Duck!!!

56. I like the privacy duck :)

57. Calgon, take me away!!!

58. I appreciate a good Kent Brockman reference, Kar.

59. There’s a breed of cat called the Turkish Van that loves water so much they are sometimes called the Turkish Swimming Cat.

60. A kitteh in the water and no commentroversy? Kitteh has pwned everyone!

61. Martha in Washington says:

Poor kittie! Such a mean owner! Where are the bubbles? What’s a bath without bubbles?! And a martini on the side of the tub? And some aromatherapy candles? And Barry White singing in the background? Come to my house kittie and I will treat you right!

62. Can’t decide whether it’s drugged or tranqed or otherwise beat into submission, or whether Relaxed Kitteh actually likes the bathing and relaxing and lolling around.

63. cubbybutt says:

the feline version of “when pigs fly.”

64. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

There’s a Maru, in every family? WHERE”s MINE???????

65. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Shaz has inspired the following summary to my mind:

“Relaxed Kitteh is Relaxed.”

Succinct, no? ;)

66. I’m with you on both of those thoughts, smooph! I have never seen a cat just lie in water like that…

I thought that was a privacy rubber ducky at first, but at the very end there’s a distinct view of a platypus-like tail.

67. Isn’t “privacy wienie” something like jumbo shrimp?

68. Yes! Also: military intelligence, government worker, pretty ugly.

69. 260Oakley says:

You guys are too kind. I’m bowing humbly in your direction, though that’s not an easy thing to do with a cat in my lap. ;)

70. Lewis n' Clark says:

*Golf claps, followed by whispers of “Author, author!”

71. :D

72. cutelover says:

the crossed legs!!
    the plastic toy!!
    the milky eyes and vacant stare!!

73. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

What is wrong with that cat?

74. Don’t disturb the cat; that’s the one thing CO-ers would never stand for. :)

75. ;) I thought it was a …tub?

76. Peeps….

That kitteh is in a shower. Seriously. That kitteh in a bath is also taking a SHOWER!

With a plastic platypus.

Apocalypse is nigh!

77. I kind of thought the rubber duck (or platypus) was vibrating a bit. And considering the strategic placement of it. Hmmm….

78. I want to be this kitty. So relaxing. That would be purr-fect!

79. 260Oakley says:

Perhaps a modesty marsupial? For when you need to cover up down under…

80. I was thinking this would be an IDEAL subject for “Soft Kitty.”

81. Oh my…this kitteh (“Fukutan”) is extremely high IQ/cooperative. It enjoys baths, and does about three times the tricks of a half-heartedly trained dog.

82. Wha….? A cat that enjoys being in water? What has that cat been smoking?

83. I want whatever that kitteh is on! Are Ludes still around!?!? Thought I missed out!

84. Yes, you is a national treasure, 260!

85. My Abyssinian kitty Puma adores water, though she doesn’t lie in it like our current Subject does. Puma sits in the shower and waits for me to turn on (and off) the water quickly, whereby she catches drops in her teeth and whines at the rivulets as if they were teeny tiny bugs. Then she sips some water and then resumes her place in the back of the shower to wait again for me to come by and ‘pretend drench’ her once again. She can do this all day. I, alas, can not.

86. 260, I bow to your genius each day!! :p

87. James Brown Celebrity Hot Tub Party!

88. Okay, not sure if that actually worked. I’m trying to post the James Brown Celebrity Hot Tub sketch from SNL back when Eddie Murphy was on. Let me try this:

89. Exactly! See above… :)

90. sigh. I was worried about that.

91. Lewis n' Clark says:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? haaaaaaaaaaaa?

92. Natch! Where the women roll & the cats flounder! ;-)
    (it’s the only rhyme I could think of)

93. fried

94. HOT TUB! UGH! GIT IN DA WAT-TAH!!!

95. There could never be too much James Brown Celebrity Hot Tub Party.

Good God! Hit meh! Well well well!

96. Yeay Theresa! (You’re the best. I can’t figure out how to do anything other than post a link.)

97. Say hot tub! Gonna get you wet-a. Gonna make you sweat. Uhn. Say say hot tub. Rubba-dub in the hot tub… Oowww. Good God.

98. Martha in Washington says:

And yes, kittie, I do, in fact, have an 8-person hottub in my backyard. You could invite friends!

99. Can’t you hear, can’t you hear the purring?

(I think it’s a hot dog – - or a vegemite sandwich)

100. I guess Japanese cats like to follow their national tradition of taking nice, relaxing baths… Who knew?

101. and full of bathos.

102. Gold darn it, bathos was supposed to appear under Oakleys bathetic :(

103. What I like about cats is they’ve kept their wild instincts, this just don’t seem right.

104. Has nobody else noticed the B.E.F. (beady eye factor)? Kittehs normally don´t exhibit this symptom of cuteness, but this kitteh does….

105. don’t forget smart bomb

106. You mean I could have a kitteh to lounge in the tub wif me?!?!?! Must have!

107. :)

108. BWAHAHAHAHA!

109. Yup indeedy. *golf clap*

110. Schwa alien disguised as cat does not quite succeed…

111. TrixandSam says:

Theresa, aren’t the Scottish (and Irish and Brits) known for their boiled dinners? Would only make sense that’s the state of this kitteh.

112. Cute-iculous Scottish Fold + quirkily adorable behavior = Japanese pet.
    You just know if they had panned back from the reclining bathing beauty, a spotless, uncluttered and aesthetically cool apartment would have been revealed.

113. i wonder that cat was enjoying or just too weak? :p

114. Kitty hypnotism?
    I completely got the alien vibe… those eyes… is that a *relaxed * cat? Still not convinced. It’s been hypnotized!

115. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Merci, Messieurs :)

116. It’s a wind-up toy! I am totally getting this. The website doesn’t sell lazy soaking cats, sadly.

117. Stewed.

118. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Theresa: d’ya think that Monsieur Brown got his use of “well, well, well” from his ancestor in Cool Musique,
    that is to say, Monsieur F. Waller,
    of piano artistry?

‘Cuz I gots an LP (yup, kiddies, one ‘o’ them round BLACK vinyl thinggies) where Monsieur Waller uses THAT phrase….in order to avoid using a (Blue-er) term, which would have necessitated a visit by the “Po-po” …..

119. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Puma evidently is skilled at training her human vassals to perform her every whim obediently.

I think I”m too skeered, to imagine the permutations and acrobatics necessitated at Puma’s mealtimes ….

120. One never knows, do one?

121. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(ahem)

*whispering*
    I will hazard my estimation, that what lies under
    Maru’s fluffyness is (ahem) just a TAD more solid & perhaps beefy ….

But since he, Winston & Hugh (Simonscat) OWN THE WORLD,
    I’m stating that opinion in a whisper …

122. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Wend:

Please enjoy the following:

123. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

best wheezes/ wishes for INSTANT healing, Chris!!!

124. Our very skittish car used to sit by the edge of the tub every time I had a bath to drink the bathwater while I laid in it. She didnt seem scared at all.

125. Awesome! Well down!

126. Er, done.

127. Spiffed

128. thankyewverymuch!don’tforgettotipyourwaitressgnite!

i wish there was a way to stick a big button right into your reply (timing is everything in comedy, right?). does this make it a little faster?

129. She really just lays there. Even if you try to distract her.

130. Found another video. Looks like she REALLY likes it.

131. Toy PLAT-A-MA-PUS! How cute….

132. crrrazycatlady says:

I thought it was a pig-in-a-blanket toy. I don’t know why one would *make* or *have* a PIAB toy, but it looked like one until the end.

I love this kitty so moishe, lounging w/his feets crossed and purring contentedly (you can tell by the belleh movement)!

133. 260 you crack me up.
    As for the kitty…I’ve never seen a cat so loving the water.

134. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

135. OMGZ!! AKA Thrushy says:

Scotty fold attack!!! I also need a platypus… I’d let it float in my aquariums.

136. LuvFurBabies says:

Where are the candles and bbbbbuuubbbllleesss??? ☺

137. :lol: That kitty must of been bathed like that since he/she was a kitten :lol:

138. How dare you impune our cuisine. Now I must put the sprouts on for next Christmas :)

139. Emmberrann says:

Kitteh is all “Must you re-ally disturb me at my bahth? It is the Only time when I can Truly Rela-ax! Please go! At once!” [said in Julia Child voice, with plummy overtones]

140. Hey that’s a fantastic idea! Oh, if only I had ~ze skills with editing videos!

141. Cats are SOOOOOOO wierd – hahahaha

142. WOW

143. SnowyLeop says:

LOL!

144. SnowyLeop says:

Do you suppose it’s very warm water? I would think she would get a chill quickly if the water were cool or lukewarm.

I tried to start bathing my two cats when they were kittens but they were as terrified of water then as they are now. That’s why I use the wipes to clean their fur when necessary

145. nothing strange here…check it

146. this cat could run a workshop on relaxation and self-care, i’m very impressed

147. SheepishKitty says:

it’s like an old-man in a hot spring kitty

148. My cat is 10 months old and I have given him a bath since the 30 days of life, yet she does not like to swim and is very hard to hold her to bathe. I live in Brazil and here we have a really hot day, yet she does not want to take a shower …. This video is unbelievable …. wish my cat would like that … Too cute … :)

149. go on http://www.girlsgogames.com/ its really good and not bad.

150. my cat does this too!