Swan: Legacy

“Get on the bird”

The journey across the cygnet universe.

alextotoro, has changed the game.

Comments

1. For some reason, this reminds me of a Gary Larson The Far Side cartoon.

2. so much beauty *sigh*

3. Is it only me, or do adult swans always look like they’re wearing sunglasses? Just adds to their coolness factor, I guess! :D

4. Gigi (the original one) says:

Swanee how I love ya, how I love ya
    My dear old Swanee…

5. Mary (the first) says:

Beautiful! And Happy New Year to all CO cuties and peeps!

6. 1. I always feel it incumbent on me to point out that swans are incredible badasses. There is a swan family in the park near me who are total “Sopranos.” Do. Not. Mess. With. Them.

2. Nonetheless, the care they take of their cygnets is so beautiful and touching. Many springs I have seen Mama and Papa swan toting the babies around the lake like this. This makes me really long for spring!

7. That would have something to do with the madly paddling feet.

8. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

giggle and also giggle

9. ………Tres elegant………

As it’s 7:15 pm in the UK, this is my last chance to wish ev’rybody in the cute community HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

10. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

wooHOO HonGlad!! Prospero Nuevo Ano, Senor !!!! :)

11. Not only is that duckling ugly, he’s lazy to boot!

Wait, what?

12. Gigi (the original one) says:

It’s only 14h30 here in Québec but I don’t want to miss my chance to say: Bonne et heureuse année à tous mes copains et copines de C.O.

13. Puts the Boston swan boats to shame.

14. bob drummond says:

yes, swans are beautiful and elegant (and very aggressive too.Ouch!)Don’t get too close to them ,especially when they have little ones with them.
    Happy holidays everybody and have a Blessed New Year.

15. I thought baby swans were supposed to look like ugly ducklings. These guys aren’t ugly anythings!

16. fish eye no miko says:

“When we found the victim, she was surrounded by a circle of baby swans…”
    “It looks like we’ve found–
    [puts on glasses]
    –a cygnet ring.”
    YEEEEEEAAAHHHH!!!!

17. Gary Larson cartoon yes! They are animals but they remind us of people at the same time…..

18. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

fish eye no moko WINS THA INNERNET TODAY, PHOLKS!!! :)

19. This would be my ultimate choice of transportation!

20. luvstehQte says:

hans christian anderson had it sooooooooo wrong; how could anyone ever think those bebbehs are ugly? the floofs? the black beaks? *DED*

21. Sweet ride ya got there.

22. Lol!

23. Cygie-back ride

24. Space Cowgirl says:

I want to take a whole trans-Pacific cruise on a ship that white, soft, and fluffy.

25. Space Cowgirl says:

(but hopefully less bitey)

26. Mom’s like: “Now, my cygnets, you must learn that our elevated station within aviankind carries with it duties as well as privileges. We have an obligation as swans to conduct ourselves with the dignity and grace commensurate with our species.”

Cygnet 1 is like: “Ooh, who’s that other cygnet upside down on the other side of the water?”

Cygnet 2 is like: “Whatevs, mom.”

Cygnet 3 is like: “I think I’ll just go off on my own for a while, in the opposite direction the rest of y’all are going.”

Cygnet 4 is like: “Water’s too chilly! I’m getting back on momma’s back.”

27. No ugly duckings there!

28. JuliaJellicoe says:

Best parade float ever.

29. …”Watership down…”

30. Arrrgh! Cute and fluffy! Cute and fluffy and smugly riding its mummy! I can’t deal with this.

31. little cygnet gets ultimate ride in a swan boat

32. :lol:

33. Mom always like you best…

34. Gary Larsen indeed. Good call.
    Look at the expresh on the face of the Swanling.
    He’s all like, “what?”

35. cellarmouse says:

yeah, i never could understand that … i guess the idea is they look like ugly ducklings to a papa duck, and all mama duck sees is another beak to feed; … maybe why i always considered adoption an optiion and my sweetie didn’t …

36. bob drummond says:

Lots of luck finding a cruise ship that is that safe,clean and dependable.
    Check out the recent history of big cruise ships.OUCH!

37. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

My thoughts also went to the Bah-ston swan boats.

38. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Truly.
    y’know, they say that there Titanic is unsinkable ;)

39. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

also best parade float FLOOF evahr ..

40. I was crying so went to CO to recuterate. This comment alone was enough to get me laughing. Thanks, CO & Fish Eye no moko.

41. Es el Año Nuevo, no el Nuevo Año.
    (Not trying to be rude :) )