I’ll Get You My Pretty!

And your little dog, too! [paws rubbing together]

OK OK I’m no witch—The hat is just a Petunia.

Mitza in the garden
Mitza in the garden was conjured up by todorrovic.

Comments

1. I can just hear the screeching/squeaking hamster equivalent to the witch’s laugh now. SQUEEEEEEE

2. It’s a HamWitch!

3. demonic, a bit

4. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

My hair is a petunia; your argument is irrelevant.

5. So snorgelicious.

6. How do you KNOW she’s a witch?

7. Proshe hammeh posing ‘neath a petunia cap… *headdesk*

8. I am now imagining Christine O’Donnell wearing a petunia hat.

9. that’s just ridiculously cute.

10. Well, if she weighs the same as a duck…

Great photo, excellent caption.

11. Newest spokesham for Budvisor beer

12. Retired Hippie says:

*laughing* I was thinking the same thing.

13. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

WIN

14. me too!

I’m not a witch… I’m you!

15. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

NOT MEANT TRULY (Just using a quotation from M. P. /Holy Grail film)

“Let’s burn her!”

16. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(whiney 8 year-old kid sister voice)

“Mommmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I wanna hamster with a Neon Pink Petunia on its haid………………. moooooooooommmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee….”

17. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(ps in normal rational tone)

Nice photo. Nice color contrast espesh (hunter dark green and
    phenomenally rich jewel-toned Pink flower….)

18. Andi from NC says:

That’s exactly what I thought about….

19. Andi from NC says:

Mitsa is the cutest hammie name ever!

20. Oh no WAY!!! *ded*

21. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(“here we go again. Meg, we’re gonna need a bigger defibrillator ….”)

Apologies to whomever came up with that line of dialogue for the film?

or it could have been in the original, the BOOK Jaws
    (if so, then that’s Peter Benchley )

22. She turned me into a newt.

I got better.

23. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

AND MAYBE JUST THIS ONCE I’ll manage to get *THE* vintage film clip attached before Speedy Gonzales and Archiver Extraordinaire La Therese …. has her way with the ‘Net????

24. I’m not a hammie….

25. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

ta HECK with HER!!! ….no … the person I wanna see
    under this Petunia is SARAH PALIN !!!

Anybody suppose Mama Grizzly ever wore a girly-style hat?????
    or a neon-pink Petunia???

26. I smell a rat! Oh wait… it’s just a petunia.

27. Yeah, she just “dabbled into” witchcraft. [snort]

28. Gigi (the original one) says:

This made me speak in tongues it’s so cute.

Me: Weyyy goo too too allu weee looe awww.
    Husband for the kitchen: Are you OK?
    Me: Wittle babyyyy witchy hammie.
    Husband: Never mind, you’re on that site of yours aren’t you.

29. WendyPinNJ says:

Had I been drinking coffee, I would have spit it all over the keyboard: from the cuteness and the caption “The hat is just a petunia.”

30. WendyPinNJ says:

LOL! “that site of yours!”

Actually it’s mine!

31. WendyPinNJ says:

You sully the name of Cute Overload by bringing that woman’s name in to the conversation.

“Cute Overload” and “Sarah Palin” do not belong together! Like, EVAR!

32. Awwwww, so cute!!!

And of course she’s not a witch; she’s wearing a Petunia, so she’s clearly a Muggle.

She’d have to be wearing a Lily to be a witch.

(Lame Harry Potter joke is lame)

33. Oh, perfect! Bittsy hammy wid floweh hatuh …

34. I have never wanted a hammy as much as I do right now. NEVER

35. Gigi (the original one) says:

I’m happy to share with all the peeps, it would be lonely all by myself.
    Not to mention I would miss all the funny comments!

36. Martha in Washington says:

Would a Petunia hat make ME look that cute? No, probably not. :(

37. Girl Who Used to be from Alaska says:

I agree!!! Maybe Hammie will get She Who Must Not Be Named On Cute Overload instead of the little dog!

38. “Never mind, you’re on that site of yours aren’t you.”

He’s Mr. Compassion, isn’t he? LOL!

39. I’m going to use that in an argument someday, NTMTOM, and if it doesn’t work, I’m going to blame you. :P :mrgreen:

40. No politics from either side of aisle belong in Cute Overload.

41. Gigi (the original one) says:

After 35 years I think he just knows when to just laugh knowingly and walk away. LOL!

42. “I’m not a witch, I’m your wife!”
    Love me some Princess Bride… and some hammies

43. Oooh, she looks so fancy!! :) What a cutie.

44. cellarmouse says:

how? … i mean, if you stick a cute hat on a baby, they pull it off … hamsters are not by nature more cooperative than infants … so how the heck did they train it to pose with a petunia on its head …?

45. baileysgrandmom says:

Oh, thank goodness! 260O is back! We’ve been MISSING you! Think I’ll go get me a brewski…wait…hamster + beer = BREWSTER, right?

46. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Song/ lyrics suggesh:

“Ya gotta know, when to hold ‘em,
    know when to fold ‘em;
    know when to walk away; know when to RUN….”

47. I can’t believe people haven’t commented on those adorable wispy whiskers.

48. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

speaking of this whole conundrum … who is that Japanese floofy
    wunderkitty (who is *NOT* Maru) and who allows photos to be made of him/ her with various clever objects — I believe one example was a clump
    of blue hydrangea blossoms — worn as hats, and who has
    a facial expreshe of Buddha (eyes closed in seeming bliss)???

…..CO has delighted in him/ her whenever presented here.
    I haven’t my usual Research Kid motivation to locate the name tonight (due to the late hour when I’m posting this). …but he/ she seems a relevant, similarly delightful parallel here.

49. I’m hyperventilating from CUTE.

Can’t… look… away from adorable hammie!

50. Make mine a Hamstel Light.

51. Gigi (the original one) says:

LOL!

52. Agree most heartily!!!!!

53. I have read that it was a Roy Scheider adlib; source, “the making of Jaws” book.

54. Good one!

55. Or……. it’s a clever, albeit darn good photo-editing job. Hey, it could happen!

If not, then I’d like to hear the conversation leading up to Mitza finally agreeing not to rip the dang flower off her head ’til after the photo is taken.

56. “YOU… SHALL… NOT… PASS… oh, you have seeds? Okay, you can pass.”

57. This is so cute I nearly fainted.

58. Bewitched by a hammie in a flower hat….. how often do you get to make a comment like that?

59. Oh man, those big shiny eyes…

60. Bring forth the fainting couch!

61. “I’m a lonely little petunia in an onion patch,
    Oh won’t you come and play with me.”

62. ohmygawd, it’s TEH QTE!!!! I want to put a flower on my hamster’s head, but I think he’d eat it quicker than I could take a picture. Love the little Hammingtons!

63. bookmonstercats says:

@Hon Glad, I don’t acshully know what you look like, but if I had to make a call, it wouldn’t be a petunia. Playful or otherwise.

64. “I’m going to wave my magic wand – ooops, I just ate it!”

65. For the love of all that is cute and holy, please try.

66. bookmonstercats – I’m more of a sunflower :)

67. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“Paging victoreia,
    to the Acute Cuteness Emergency Department…”

68. Another one for the CO Calendar 2012!

69. WendyPinNJ says:

LOL!

70. Beautiful. I can’t help wondering whether the petunia just dropped onto her head or was placed there by loving fingers. Either way . . .

71. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*curtsies*

72. LOL…very good.

73. me too! LOL.

74. This critter can be cast in the next Beatrix Potter feature.

75. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*frantically raises hand and hoots, like Horshack in “Welcome Back Kotter”*

“oooo, ooooo Mistaire Kottaire!!!”
    “Look at THIS ARTICLE!!!” re . B. Potter and also re. Emma Thompson

Emma Thompson to pen new Peter Rabbit book (article Aug 2010, bbc.com)

76. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

A friend of mine is actually named Newton.
    Needless to say, this is one of our favorite bits from MP/ HG film ….

77. Space Cowgirl says:

The magenta is oh-so-fetching with her complexion. <3

78. Even Now this line from her commercial makes me grin!

79. Would not that be “Code Qte! Code Qte! ER, STAT!” :-)

80. Bingo! Nice one!

81. Precisely!!

82. Queen of Dork says:

Oh no you didun’t! :)

83. bob drummond says:

All together now! Ding dong the witch is dead
    which old witch
    the wicked witch
    ding dong the wicked witch is dead!

84. bookmonstercats says:

Mind boggling away, mulling THAT one over.

85. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says: