Well, I’ll Be! It’s a Wallaby!

And wouldn’t you know it, I just happen to have some Wallaby Chow here…

That’s one lucky hand, Caitlin B.

Comments

1. bon appetite

2. Want!!!

3. Love the paws holding the hand still!

4. Look, it’s Rocko! But…where’s Spunky?

For those who don’t know what I refer to, here ya go:

5. It’s a baby!
    A joey I believe they are called….
    très cute.

6. Always know where your towel – and your Wallaby Chow – is!

7. S.J. Hartsfield says:

It’s *very* important that the food not move around when you’re trying to nom the nosh.

8. kibblenibble says:

Sad eyes, wheeskery wheeskers. Ahn.

9. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ victoreia: don’ fergit them lil’
    clawsies-thinggies, HELPINGK to hold the hand still …

10. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Comme ca c’est une philosophe profonde….

11. That’s it! I’m going to Australia and I’m hitting every petting zoo I can find.

12. Watch me wallabies feed, mate, watch me wallabies feed.
    They’re a dangerous breed, mate, so watch me wallabies feed.
    All together now!
    Tie me kangaroo down, sport, tie me kangaroo down!
    Tie me kangaroo down, sport, tie me kangaroo down!
    And so on…

13. Please sir, may I have some more?
    ;-(

14. Oops, that was supposed to be a : ;-)

15. Yes, we must respect the clawsies!

16. So cute: reminds me of this classic momma and baby wallaby.

17. WallaBaby!!

18. Gigi (the original one) says:

Skippy!

19. (The Original) Mel says:

Belleh. Needs wallaby rubbins.

20. I’d be happy to oblige.

21. Such a sweet face, big brown eyes and luff those large velvety ears. So gently nomming…

Wallabies must be the Australian translation of “deer”.

22. Mary (the first) says:

Why has no one booped his/her velvety nose? Y’all are falling down on the job! (Oh, and BOOP!)

23. if someone had ever tol’ me that the B-52s did the theme song for that show, i mighta just watched it and stuff

24. A Kangaroo walks into a bar.
    bartender “Wallaby”
    Kangaroo “I’ll have a lager please”.

25. Ah, ha! I knew this scoundrel looked familiar – this is the troublemaker that gave poor Sylvester all those woes in the old cartoons!

26. Princess of Insolence says:

Hey, Rocko….wanna go camping?

27. Lucy's Mommeh says:

ffleur-yes, baby roos are joeys, but this, I believe, is a full grown critter. Wallabies are small versions of roos. Kind of like the chihuahuas of the roo world.

28. bookmonstercats says:

Don’t forget the wobble-board, Shari……

29. :D :D :D

30. LaureninGeorgia says:

Dawsonville, Georgia has a kangaroo farm. They have ‘roos, wallabies, and a few other Australian animals. It is a wonderful place to spend a day. One of the wallabies took a liking to my son when he was about 9 or 10, and sat underneath his chair for the longest time. Way, way cute.

31. The soulful eyes are keelingk me.

32. mrsgilmore says:

serious *plink, plink* action going on there, wallaby. maybe after your snack you’ll get a manicure.

33. You don’t even have to go Down Under to get your wallaby fix. At the zoo in Colorado Springs, CO, they have a number of wallabies just out running around and chilling. They’re so used to peeps that I was able to get some good photos.

34. My four year old niece was the B-52s for Halloween. 8O

35. And they range in size to quite teeny-tiny.

36. OMG!!! I had a long-time Australian BF (why I do the Aussie accent sometimes), and my friends and I used to drive him absolutely bat**** with that song. ROFL

37. Ooooh, the shame of it!

38. that little scruffy cute face reminds me of my beagle mix. so sweet and old man like. she even puts her hands up like that for her treats too. loooove it.

39. A Kangaroo hops into a bar.

40. Rearrange the letters of ROFL and you’ve got Rolf, as in Rolf Harris the composer of Tie me Kangaroo Down.

41. I hop so.

42. See, this is why I love this site! Not only do CO followers love animals, they are well informed…and have a wicked sense of humor to boot.

@Theresa – I drove my nephew scooters with that song on a family camping trip. It’s been 30 years and he still won’t forgive me.

43. Me want.

44. Bookmonstercats: the picture next to your name… is that the, what some people call, the “cute, smiling spider”? Not interested in seeing it, just morbidly curious, thanks!

MOI of the arachnophobia!

45. LaureninGeorgia says:

Here’s the website for the Kangaroos in Georgia:

46. Skipppyyyyy Skipppyyy,
    Skippy the bush kangarooooo.
    Skipppyyy, Skippy,
    Skippy, our friend ever true!!!

47. Even if you are being ironic, I still find your grasp of the English language appalling. Please go back to middle school and learn to read and write properly.

48. If I am correct (which I’m pretty sure I am) this is a picture from the Billabong Wildlife Sanctuary just outside of Townsville, QLD, AUS. It’s amazing and fantastic. A must go if you’re in the area.

49. actually, O NO speaks a few languages quite well, i hear. she just happens to prefer one entirely of her own construction. at least that’s how i read it. she may be cooking up a response in the lab right now.