From the Zagat Guide for Squirrels

Top O’ The Oak, Norberts Park, Seattle $$$ — Favored by locals in the know, this midtown hideaway boasts panoramic views of the swing sets and duck pond.

New executive chef Twitchy, formerly of Dumpster Cafe, brings his TexMex-Swedish fusion flair to the corn-centric menu. Standout creations include Ear of Corn ($9.95) and Much Taller Ear of Corn ($11.95). Reservations recommended.

From sender-inner Robyn S.: “These were squirrels having lunch in my Grandpa’s yard. They were too cute! Like a squirrel table for one!”

Comments

1. *falls off chair laughing* :lol:

2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. OMG! So cute!

4. This is so nice. It makes me feel bad about my squirrel feeder, upon which the squirrels hang upside down to eat.

5. Oh, come on! This is tewtally redonk.Tell me, where are the squirrels supposed to carry the money to pay for that meal? They got no pockets! The guy who set up that restaurant is gonna take a bath, you betcha!

6. Gigi (the original one) says:

I’ve been serving dried fruits with the usual peanuts to my backyard squirrels since Christmas, they love it.
    Stumps is my favorite, he really likes the dried bananas. Poor baby got hurt this summer and lost his tail and his right front paw, but he’s a game little fellow and very funny. When I’m late with his breakfast he calls from the apple tree until I come out with the goodies!

7. Environs at Top O the Oak: Casual. You can even put your feet on the table as demonstrated by Mr. Black squirrelio in the first pic!

8. Moi aussi!

9. Another triomphe pour NTMTOM — I knew it was him! And remember, peeps and skwerls, that’s pronounced Za-GAT’s. :D

10. Would love to know if her Grampa made these or bought them. I would love a set for my yard. Already have the squirrels.

11. I want a squirrel dinette! It’s too cute for words. I’ll be grandpa did a lot of “fieldwork” in designing the perfect configuration of table, bench, etc. It’s TOO MUCH. The work of a real critter-lover!

12. Grandpa rocks!

13. “Here at Heartbreak Cafe, you will never be annoyed by the coo-ing, snuggly, loving squirrels who insist on rubbing their relationships in your face. That’s because all our tables are set up for one diner only.”

14. Is the black squirrel sitting on its bum? :D ahaha

15. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*snerk*

“MUCH TALLER EAR OF CORN” BWA HA HA

and I thought French Existentialist Literature was surreal …..

16. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Harrumph. And *WHY*, pray, do you feel that you have the right to allow other miniscule activities of your own, create delays in serving Monsieur Stumps??????? :(

I mean *REALLY * now.

Signed,
    Indignant Animal Rights Activist.

17. I know what you mean! Our squirrels are really roughing it compared to these guys…

We don’t have black squirrels like Grandpa has. Lucky fellow!

18. It’s my half birthday, and what better way to celebrate than cute squirrels!

19. They both are. :D

20. Swedish TexMex fusion???? Cracked me up, totally.

21. kibblenibble says:

It’s so comforting to know that there are people in the world who would create stuff like this for our furry pals.

22. :D *joins O NO to wag finger at Gigi*

23. emmberrann says:

Monsieur NTMTOM, vous etes le maitre. Je vous rends toute honneur. You are de best, maan, srsly, LOL’ed mself silly!

24. “Decor is spacious, built with sustainable materials and ergonomic seating. Ideal for people-watching!

Ingredients for dishes, though not locally sourced year-round, are aged to perfection, providing optimal texture and flavor balance. Family-style dining available, and sharing plates is encouraged.

Reservations are recommended though not required. Be prepared to wait.”

25. I know! The nerve of some people!

26. warrior rabbit says:

Awesome! Thanks for finding them. They are too cute (squirrels and seats).

27. Gigi (the original one) says:

Well I do have the serve breakfast to my cats first, they insist on it! After I serve the cats AND the squirrels AND the wild birds in the backyard, then and only then do I take the time to serve myself. I let the husband fend for himself LOL!

28. Mary (the first) says:

Well, it’s good to see you have your priorities straight! LOL! Now if you could just “train” your husband to join in on feeding the critters!

29. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(PS to Gigi: I only did the bit above, in “silliness” mode, don’tcha know??…)

30. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Comme j’aime la langue francais :)

31. Colonel Jenna says:

I thought about getting one of those adorable feeders until I realized that the local squirrels *already* have a fancy, custom-built feeder — my (bloody expensive) new deck! The things I do for the local wildlife, and I don’t even have any black squirrels. I’m jealous of Grandpa.

32. That is the BEST!! Haha.

33. Ha! ha! ha! This is the besst backyard feeding station EVAR! But I don’t gotst no squirrels, grey, black or brown, in my backyard. Our trees are not big enough yet to provide habitat. :(

34. Quick, hide the childrens eyes! Phallus worshiping Squirrels, I’m shocked, shocked I tell you.

35. I hope they also make wider chairs cuz the possums and raccoons in our yard are hungry too. I’m sure they’d like some corn in a chair. Yummy!

36. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“Borke, borke borke” ….

Signed,
    The Swedish Chef

37. They ARE for sale (the little dinettes – not the squirrels!) Check this out –
    They’re called Songbird Essentials Red Cedar Squirrel Chair & Table Feeder:

38. Oh poor Englishman. Thinks corn grows up in cans. :P

39. This floor’s gonna get crowded quickly! [rubbing elbow after hitting the floor]

40. Aw, my grandpa used to make these! We had one in the apple tree in the back yard of the house where I grew up. Memoriiiiieees……

41. These are amazing! WANT.

42. apexantapex says:

I love you so hard, NTMTOM. You are a werd genius. Seriously crushing on you.

43. Individual outdoor sky tables available

44. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Here’s a large band-aid, V :)

45. They look like they’re in the secretarial pool, typing on their corntypers. Too cute for words, really.

46. Black skwerl has its feet on the table!

47. thats ridiculous chairs for their corn on the cob!

48. apex, i had to do a double take on your comment. for a split second i thought you said NOMTOM was a “weird” genius hehehe. he totally rocks.

49. Grandpa is a special guy.
    Squirrels get a bad rap and so many people treat them cruelly, when they are just trying to find food and shelter. I know of some who trap adults to relocate them miles away not thinking the Squirrel doesn’t have a nest or food cache in the new place and could be leaving a nest of babies to die when the Mom is removed and not coming back.
    You go, Grandpa. Your kindness and whimsy touch my heart!
    I hope you have a Happy New Year.

50. The construction of those chairs / tables looks like something from medieval English royalty.

51. *says hello to everyone already on the floor”
    omg I’m crying. I don’t know what’s better, the caption or the picture….

it’s the caption.

52. Wahh! I lived in Seattle for 235 years (MOL) and I never saw a black squirrel.