Simon’s Cat in: “Santa Claws”

Ladies and Gentlemen, Simon, the World’s Most Curious Cat, discovers Christmas:

Just in time, Kim S.

Comments

1. I love it when the cat tries to hide in the tree like: “you can’t seeee me.” My dog does that all the time, you enter the room and she tries to hide with a : “I didn’t do anything.” look on her face. Only she’s an one-hundred pound mastiff-mutt so the looks either more or less effective, depending on how you look at mastiff-mutts XD

2. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(please forgive me for this betrayal, Skippymom ;) )

MAH HERO!!!!!!!!!!
    S’scat and Maru for the President/ Vice-President in 2012!!!!

(I do like Obama et al. MUCH better than W.)

(oops, mes politiques ‘r showin’, I theenk…)

3. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

ps: hope them war’nt **expenseeve** ornaments, on that thar tree…..

4. Wow, it’s Christmas..we’re on Cute Overload, and here is a cute holiday Simon’s Cat video..and yet you still manage to work in a political reference. Riighhht…

5. LOL Love it!

6. Encapsulates why I haven’t been able to have a Xmas tree for the last 15 years. *sigh*

7. Haha!! Too funny! Maybe Simon should get a Festivus pole!

8. LOL! Simon´s cat rules.

9. Prolly heirlooms. *sigh* What’re you gonna do…?

10. Gigi (the original one) says:

When I was a child we had dogs and cats in the house and we always had a Christmas tree. I don’t know how my parents did it.
    When I left home I tried to have a little Christmas tree the first year and my cat destroyed every single ornament on it!
    So I’ve spent the last 36 years without a Christmas tree but with lots a cats that bring me joy 365 days a year.
    I think I made the right choice, don’t you? ;-)

11. Hilarious – I was just coming here to post that the tree turned into a Festivus pole there at the end! :-b

12. Totally, Gigi!!

I have two Christmas tree tips:
    1) no ornaments for the bottom two feet or so;
    2) spray lots of pine scent on the tree (I use an artificial tree). My pets don’t like the pine scent and leave the tree alone! :-D

No broken ornaments in the past few years!

13. brokentreasures says:

absolutely you made the right choice!!! i’ve got lots of cats and no tree, and i like it fine that way. i did get a large cardboard box, stuffed it with lots of tissue paper and lots of catnip, put it down on the floor and enjoyed the frenzy.

14. I love it! That’s also the reason why we don’t have a tree (other than my hubby doesn’t like the work to put one up!)

15. Harry's Mom says:

I’ve have watched this many times. It is hilarious. I don’t have a Christmas tree for the same reason. But I think Harry(the cat) is the better choice.

16. wait wait wait, simon is the owner, not the cat…. it’s simon’s cat, not simon the cat

17. Martha in Washington says:

Love Simon and his cat!

My cat pulled some of the garland off the tree the first night but has pretty much ignored it since then. My dog used to do much more damage by trying to get to the window in which the tree always stands.

18. omg i love simon’s cat! great cartoon. i loved it when you could only see his eyeballs peering out from the tree. this artist really captures the mischief of kittehs.

19. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

SCORE!!! Wolfy :)

20. I found the posts funny because I have 4 cats and none of them bother the tree. In fact one cat loves to get up in under it every night just to sleep under the lights. The other three have barely looked at it.

Great Simon’s Cat video though:)

21. Thank goodness we have a lazy cat. He’ll lay under our fake tree, and maybe try to munch on the fake plastic for some reason, but other than that, he just sees it as a new spot to sleep under.
    I also don’t put ornaments near the bottom though so that may help. Our dogs could care less about it heh.

22. Mine chew on the lower branches. Ewww! I’m not sure what they’re lacking in their diets that is satisfied by pine tree. Other than that, the cats mostly just lurk under the tree. Apparently, it appeals to their ferocious outside selves. Who knew?

Merry Christmas (or whatever midwinter celebration you choose!) to all!

23. Brilliant!

Have we ever learned the name of Simon’s cat? I can’t recall it. Then again, maybe His (Her?) Royal Catness has not revealed it yet…

24. Cipher is quite good with the tree. She’s never tried to climb it and has never broken an ornament. But the weird thing is there is one ornament, and only one, that se tries to bat at. It’s not even the shiniest or biggest but for some reason she’s determined to get the damned thing off the tree. Every year we put it someplace where she can see it just so we can laugh at her poor attempts at bringing it down.

25. I love Simon’s cat! More videos please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

26. love the bit at the end when the cat points to its mouth and just says ‘meow’

27. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Wow, it’s Christmas, we’re on Cute Overload, and here is a cute holiday Simon’s Cat video…and yet you still manage to make a nasty comment for no constructive reason.

Riiighhhhtt……

Lovely. Enjoy your day.

I’ll enjoy mine, you can rest assured.

28. Yeah, I was thinking Simon’s Cat is like Frankenstein’s Monster….You’d think Simon would learn not to leave the room. Most of the cat-mischief seems to happen then.

29. Philo never bothered the tree before we got Maggie the kitten. Now he’s discovered his inner kitten. I got a great shot of him in the tree the other night, peering out like a jungle cat.

30. That is one very very funny video, my mom and I laughed so hard we had tears in our eyes especially @ the end!! We have had cats and Christmas trees without too much destruction, but I do remember one year my dad tied the tree to the banister just in case since the tree was near our Grandfathers clock which our cat liked to sit on. Lightweight unbreakable ornaments on the lower branches help too.

Cats do rule!!!

31. brokentreasures says:

simon’s cat is named hugh.

32. I love Simon’s cat. One year I had a cat and a real Christmas tree, and almost all the needles at the bottom of the tree were gone by the end of Xmas. We think the cat had a pine fetish.

33. Yup, that’s the reason in my house, too.

34. TrixandSam says:

I’d pay good money to watch that show! Brilliant idea to entertain all.

35. astrogrrrl says:

yep, this is the exact reason I don’t have a tree…

36. Moderation! Please.

37. *snerk*

38. My cat is ridiculously determined. I can’t have anything he deems ‘chewable’ at home. Christmas trees are chewable. I can spray it with whatever I like, it’s still chewable, and what’s more, if he bumps it really hard – it falls over.

I can’t have Easter decorations the way we have where I live – with branches that have feathers on them, oh no. In fact, the horror has spread. My parents, in their own house, can’t have Christmas decorations, Easter decorations, or anything CHEWABLE, or else!

Or else, my boy with his stubborn, lovely heart, does nothing with his time but try to GET TO THESE THINGS. He will follow them around if we try to hide them. He will howl at them until we set them down, and if they’re set down in a spot he can’t immediately reach – he will climb. Even if climbing means tearing everything in the room over to get to the chewable thing. It can be a plant he likes. A sock. A flower. A BOOK. Anything. I don’t know what gives them the Chewable™ stamp but it’s something, all right.

Still – I have chosen to live a life without decorations, and whenever I visit someone with my cat in tow, they ask me to call beforehand so that they can stow all the chewable things into a bathroom and lock the door.

I love my little boy. Oh, and I LOVE Simon’s Cat. That totally made my day.

39. I have tried having a tree this year, it’s the real McCoy, but only a table top tree about two feet high. So far (crosses fingers) its survived.

40. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

YAY for kittens helping everyone else feel like kittens!!!

41. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

You have delightful storytelling skills.
    The phrase “with his stubborn, lovely heart” particularly made me grin — like this :)

42. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Progress, HG — just consider it PROGRESS!!

43. I spotted that too. Simon’s cat is a hodgepodge of all of Simon Tofield’s cat. I saw him in an interview and he said they just kept calling the character “Simon’s Cat” so he stuck with it.

Simon is the human. LOVE these animations!!!!

44. ***err, all of Simon Tofield’s CATS (plural). My bad.

45. This brings back memories of my cat, Rutherford, when he was a few months old and encountering his first Christmas tree. He sniffed it, walked around the outside of it, batted at the ornaments near the bottom. I turned my back to get the tinsel, turned around, and found him climbing straight up the tree-trunk, with the tree tipping over. Extricating him from the center of that tree was interesting: after a while you couldn’t even tell what was his sharp claws hanging on for dear life and what was the prickly fur needles. Ah, good times, good times. :)

46. Weird. My cats loved to EAT the real pine trees we had.

47. Here’s a live action Christmas kitteh:

48. There have been cats and trees since I was a kid with (usually) no problems. We did have one cat that climbed the tree when I was a kid. But last year and this year, no tree. Spider, the newest kitty of the family, will climb the tree – I am certain of that! My Spider sounds a lot like Linda’s cat – she may be small but she is determined! I can’t imagine heading to work and leaving her home alone with a tree and ornaments – some that date back over 60 years! Several weeks after I brought her home she destroyed a potted plant that had to be 5 times her weight!

49. Haha, aw :D well, that, in turn, made me grin, thank you.

50. My cat took a headlong dive into our tree and brought the whole thing down. Broke some very nice family heirloom ornaments in the process…

Now we have a fake one in a reinforced base. Muuuuuch better.