Practice, practice, practice!

Now, Pennsylvania Polka, once more, from the top!

Of all the piano studios in all the world, we had to walk into Kashyyyk’s. Thanks, Amanda.

Comments

1. !! Fat rat! Do want!! I want to feel that pudge in my hands!!

2. Rats Domino

3. Is it me or is that one furry rat?

4. I think that’s “one more time, from the HOP.”

5. Some rats have slightly woolier fur than others. I had some rats that were the offspring of a normal father and a hairless mother, and their hair was kind of wiry, not sleek and smooth like most rats. It looks like the rat in this pic has fur of the same texture.

6. The “Mr. Burns” rubbing hands! Deliciously ebil.

7. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

IMHO, c’est un(e) gross souris, la-bas!!

Cute pic, though!!!
    Also: lovely Alliteration, Pyrit :) — I count five “P’s”, including
    the nom de “P”lume (wait, that would make SIX!!!)

8. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(PS: In French, the “G” word has a different meaning than en Anglais :) )

9. XXLOL : ) vraiment!

10. That is a beautiful photograph. I love how the sun is shining through his peenk ears.

11. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Vivent les langues divers!!! :)

12. Patient portly piano player
    proudly plays Prokofiev piece

All about Porkofiev

13. Thank you. Thank you very much.

And now, for my next number, I’d like to do that old ragtime standard ‘Rat on the Keys’.

14. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

wow. Sum total is now: 15 or so.
    Phenomenal.

oops, now it’s 16!! :)

15. Don’t think he’s ready for a duet with Nora, though.

16. I think that’s a pretty overweight rat, even accounting for the furriness. Fewer treats and more time outside the cage!

17. Isn’t Kashyyyk the wookie homeworld?

18. Space Cowgirl says:

Precious squishy baby!

19. Chubby Cheekers

20. LOL

21. He’s not fat, he is just compressed (ratties are like concertinas, they can stretch themselves out to be all sleek, or sort compress themselves so they go all round and floofy). And he is lovely and fuzzy. This ratty is just beautiful! I love his leetle peenk ears!

22. The notorious Pennsylvania Poker, the terror of pianos from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh.

23. It started in Scranton! It’s now Number One!

24. BWAHAAAAAA!

25. “You didn’t practice this week did you Smithers, hmmm.”

26. And for an encore, Ratsody in Blue.

27. Varmint! :mrgreen:

28. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

excellence, Mme. True excellence.

29. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(Not certain whether to add add’l tallies for duplicated terms. ….
    Subtotal now either 19 or 21)

30. Bettymouse says:

What a be-yootiful fuzzball!

31. I wish my brother George was here !

32. OMG!!! Looks so much like my Pinky and Bluebell. (RIP) The fur texture/color, the ears….

I wanna pick this rat up and rub my face in their fur.

33. Gigi (the original one) says:

You forgot the “silent” e at the end of grosse, The pronunciation is the same (gross), but you have to put an e at the end because souris is a feminine noun.
    C’est une grosse souris (I’s a big mouse)

Don’t ask me why it’s a feminine word, it just is and that’s the joy and frustration of French.

34. Gigi (the original one) says:

For the last encore he will play Micheal Jackson’s Ben! ;-)

35. Agreed. Repeat after me, pet owners: Love =/= food.

36. Ratsody! ROTFLMAO

37. Mary (the first) says:

heh heh Your comment about compression reminded me of that old joke, “I’m not overweight, I’m just too short!” If I could stretch out to about 7’2″ I’d be just right!

38. Mary (the first) says:

I also love the little ruffly earsies!

39. Whatsername says:

Any rat named after the Wookiee home planet must be busy watching the Star Wars Holiday Special just about now . . .

40. Gigi (the original one) says:

or I’m not fat I’m vertically challenged.

41. Is that Settlers of Catan in the background?

42. Non, non, il n’est pas une grosse souris, c’est un rat de taille moyenne.

43. No, no, no, he’s not overly plump. It’s just the way he is sitting. His back end is all scrunched up.

44. Garfield always said, ”i’m not overweight, I’m just undertall!” :-)

45. Yes. Wonder what the rest of the family looks like….

46. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

ca va; je m’excuse :)

47. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“PC” en francais, non???

48. This is the most precious rat! I had one the same color, and another with the “dumbo” ears… no one believes me what good pets they are, and how SMART!

49. It’s a so called rex rat – heterozygotes between a “normal” and a “naked” rat, they get wonderful, curly hair. Homozygotes become hairless :)

50. Love to the ratties <3

51. Or Norm, on Cheers, when asked what he was up to, replied “my ideal weight, if I was 11 feet tall.” :mrgreen:

52. Nucleus – There’s a Cornish Rex cat that has textured/curly hair.

53. Ratmaninov.

54. Ohhhhh a raaaaaat! I love you rat!

I bought my son 2 rats for Christmas. They are the BEST!

55. No, “PB”! (“Princess Bride”)

56. Gigi (the original one) says:

No need, French is one of the most complicated and f*** up language on the planet.
    You’re good for a non native.

57. Colonel Jenna says:

My past two ratties, their idea of how to spend time outside the cage was to nestle in my bed pillows and pester me to pet pet pet them. Not much exercise there, except for my fingers.

58. what a handsome rattie!!

59. Ah! Hi Kash!! You were such a good little rattie, I’m glad everyone in the comments loves you too!

60. This is Amanda, Kashyyyk’s mommy!
    Yes, Kash was a pudgy boy. And yes he also had rex fur. He was quite the little maestro ^_^

Unfortunately, Kash is no longer with us, but I still have his sister, and she appreciates everyone giving him so much love! Thank you so much everyone, this entry really brightened my day.

61. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

now that’s pretty clever. I didn’t think of that one :)

62. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

63. *falls off chair laughing* :lol:

64. OK Peeps! Who will win our coveted prize?!

Which popular movie, played the Pennsylvania Polka, over & over & over?

65. Lewis n' Clark says:

something with Bing Crosby? Fred Astaire?

66. Ground Hog Day…. BEST movie Ever!

67. Nope! :-)
    I think it’s played about 40 times in the movie.

68. DIng! Ding! Ding! Ding!
    We have a wiiiiiiiiiiiiner!

69. The province I live in does NOT allow rats as pets, but when I move into another, I am definitely getting a rattie!! NO if, ands, buts, or maybes about it. Period.

70. NORM!!!

71. darkshines says:

Ah, I want to squish him! SQUEEEEESH HEEEM WIV LUFF! <3

72. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

What does ka win, pyrit?

Signed,
    Troublemaker

73. A free Pennsylvania Polka ringtone!

74. I was thinking Ratmaninoff. You may be right….(snerk, snicker, walking off snerking and snickering….)

75. Well, have you been sitting on piano keyboards lately someone could have taken your picture? I don’t know what you look like, but I suspect your nose isn’t quite that pointy or whiskery…but, hey, you be the judge. Merry Christmas to all Peeps and the anipals who love them!

76. Just what I need LOL!

IT is so funny you asked this question because every time I read the line up ther I thought about that movie… which I totally love and if you have not seen it before get you to Netflixs ASAP!
    and wqatch it Again and again and again! Bwahahahahahaha!

77. Oooh! Another rat post! YEAH! Ratties rule. Period.

78. I thought it was a chinchilla

79. Yes! Of course I love this! One of my boys looks like him(RIP Kashyyyk), even with the cool fold in the dumbo ears!!