Keep That Showroom Shine!

Attention beetles! Don’t let harsh winter conditions ruin your ‘tocks! Maintain that new-shell luster all year long with water-resistant BeetleWax™!

Shine on, Bri.

Comments

1. Looks like someone forgot to shave their legs. Clearly this beetle does not have a date tonight.

2. beetlemania!

3. i used to drive a 1974 VW superbeetle that exact same green color…
    coincidence? i think not!

4. ah hahaha!!! That was great! Beetlewax!

5. (The Original) Mel says:

Wallermelon!!! OM NOMNOMNOM.

6. Love the iridescent green! That’s stylish.

7. jewel tones are soooo in this season. chic little buggy

8. This one deserves a matchingks tag, as the long dark strips make his shell resemble the exterior of watermelon rind.

9. NOMTOM, you are the king of the web. Srsly.

10. She-lac sh-boom Ya-da-da Da-da-da Da-da-da-Da
    She-lac sh-boom Ya-da-da Da-da-da Da-da-da-Da
    A do-wop song from the 50/60s
    Shellac a resin secreted by the female lac bug mixed with denatured alcohol dries to a high-gloss sheen.

11. Lisa Shalet says:

I’m happy to see some attention being paid to our insect friends.

12. eeks!

13. eCurmudgeon says:

“Beetlewax, Beetlewax, Beetlewax.”

14. Aw, so pretty! Aren’t they called June Bugs? I never was sure.

15. What is he/she sitting on? Looks kind of eewwy to me. :oops:

16. Maybe he’s just not razor-worthy.

17. kibblenibble says:

Theresa, I think it’s a watermelon rind. I know what you mean, though… :mrgreen:

18. ooooooo nooooooooooo. June bugs even worse. They flew in my hair one time a while ago, I don’t think I ever recovered from the trauma.

going to run and hide now til the picture changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Maybe Ms. Beetle likes being Au Naturale. ;)

20. The definition of “cute” has gotten pretty loose around here!
    *pets the beetle anyway*

21. Oh, I see it now! The green layer on the very bottom. Thanks, KN!

22. Yesh! I thought it was a hand at first, with a blob of Vaseline that the beetle was sitting on. For the life of me I couldn’t figure out WHY the beetle would be sitting on a blob of Vaseline. :-)

23. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

24. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*gives leslie k a B’ankie and a stuffed-toy Unicorn*

25. Shiny hiney!

26. Yeah. That’s why I don’t wear skirts during Texas summers. *pleh*

27. Martha in Washington says:

If I buy a bottle, do I get the bug too? Beautiful!

28. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

very nice! Also inventive!

29. OMG Noelegy. No skirts during Junebug season…..{{{{{{{{{{{{{shudder}}}}}}}}}}}}}}, I’d be a goner fersure.

30. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Meg could revisit this lil’ guy/gal/ transvestite (?) a re-run, during “Tocktober!!!!

31. I wondered too, at first…. so disgustingly…. familiar, it looked…. then when it dawned on me, I had to laugh at myself.

32. Hands Joboo a “Good Sport” award. Soon, you’ll be smiling back at snakes, (my personal, NO,-not-cute-critter) smiling at you. :o

33. The Little Myrmidon says:

I don’t think this is a June Bug. They’re usually black. This looks more like a Japanese beetle. Ugh. Not cute.

34. The Little Myrmidon says:

OK, maybe it is a June bug. Googled them and some are green (although not in the northeast.)

35. mintyheart says:

eew it has roach legs >_<

36. Not me!

37. And good for her, I say.

38. It’s a Japanese beetle, and they decimate my garden and fruit trees every year by the thousands. Nuff!

39. To beetle… “No, it’s yours. I insist.”

40. Is that what they’re calling un-shaved legs, these days?

41. That’s not a Japanese beetle. Japanese beetles are more brown and they have black and white “trim” under the wings.

It’s a green June Bug for sure! Very cute.

Shiny green bug ‘tocks – :-P

42. Mebe it’s a June bug with a coat on :)

43. LOL!

44. You beat me to it!

45. Don’t say that 3 times, or be prepared for the consequences!!

46. One Skunk Todd says:

Shine on, you crazy emerald. :)

47. CariceLaur says:

Definitely a member of the Scarab Subfamily Meolonthinae, or May and June Beetles! Though they can be a pain at dusk, bonking me on the head, they can be very lovely creatures. May baby birds, baby skunks and baby crows get these as their first full meal!

These are not destructive and invasive Japanese Beetles, though they are related. Some of these Scarab family members have some of the most fantastic iridescence in the world.