I like the new girl but she’s a little cold

Don’t get me wrong, she’s hot and all, but—

Kinda inflexible, Jamie H.

Comments

1. Oh look, the dog matches the snow-dog! :D

(Can it be? Am I the first poster?)

2. The dog that melted the ice princess.

3. lurkingsmirk says:

genius! is that a greyhound? I don’t recall them being so floofy.

4. It’s like one of those pictures of a dog with a ghost dog in it! I was trying to figure the dog , too. Looks like a big doggy!

5. Is a Borzoi?

6. Aaahahaha! There is nothing about this I don’t love.

7. Yep.

8. “ed il mio bacio sciogliera il silenzio che ti fa mia!”
    “and my kiss will dissolve the (cold) silence and make you mine!”
    all together now “Nessun dorma! Nessun dorma!”

9. Wow, just three black dots!

10. ahhh! A Barsnow!

11. Mary (the first) says:

Beee-yooo-teee-ful!

12. April's NaNa says:

So patient with her humans she is…..and beautiful, too!

13. ooo so I did indeed make the first post! And now that I’m done reeling, a semi-intelligent comment perhaps? Hon Glad, I was thinking “Che Gelida Manina” (“Your tiny hand/paw is frozen”), but that’s just me :D

14. She used to be Snow White, but then she drifted.

15. “Turandog” is my favorite opera.

16. Gigi (the original one) says:

Have mercy 260Oakley! It’s 7h30 in the morning here and I just arrived at the office. How am I going to attend my meeting with the boss in 30 minutes if I can’t stop giggling?

17. bookmonstercats says:

*Groans* (in admiration of course).

Wow, just wow is all I can say about the photo and the sweet doggie sitting so nicely beside her doppelganger (can’t do the thingywotsit – umlaut?)

18. an uncanny (un-canine-y?) likeness

19. Opera AND Mae West?!? 260Oakley, you’re on FIRE!!!

20. Mmm. Though it may have been Talulah Bankhead (sp?). Gotta google that…

21. Nope. ‘Twas Mae West alright. Tallulah’s snow quote is “I’m as pure as driven slush”.

Gotta love google!

22. Oakley, you make my day… You really do!

23. if you shave a Borzoi down, they are a greyhound underneath!

24. a Snowzoi?

25. Tallulah Snowbankhead, in this instance, really.

this is kind of the most awesome dog & snow photo ever.

26. Ha ha ha ha!
    Verrrrry funny!

27. BWAAAAAAAAAAAH!

28. GORGEOUS borzoi! Impossibly elegant dogs– whenever I see one, the person walking it looks underdressed. :D

29. PS I once knew the sweetest, most adorable borzoi whose name was Olive Oyl. I always thought that was fantastic. :D

30. TrixandSam says:

Borzoi 1: “Yez, I em ze foreigner hare, but you are ze cold as zee ice, and you are zo weelink to zacrifize our loff!”

Borzoi 2: “whatEVAR…”

31. :D

32. The snow dog kind of looks like a Peep, doesn’t it?

33. She’s as pure as the driven slush. Oakley I Mae know the source of your comment :)

34. Whops I shoulda read further on :(

35. I would like to present to the masses my believe that this is in fact an afghan hound. Never heard of a borzoi myself (I did look it up and see the similarities), but my initial reaction was definitely “ooh, a gorgeous afghan getting some attention on CO!”

…also, if it is in fact an afghan, we can start making jokes about how it can be draped over the snowdog to warm it up. :)

36. rach3 – Is that Rachmaninov’s third Joanna concerto?
    On the Puccini theme; you could also have “Donna non vidi mai”

37. This actually starts a new catagory (dogagory) as far as I am concerned: BEYOND CUTE

38. category (dogegory)

I knew something looked wrong. . .I’m at work and trying not to get caught, what can I say!

39. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

You forgot to say “bleen”!!! :)

40. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

nice, HG. Vewwy nice.

41. I thought if you shave them down, there’s nothing there! The eyes and nose just drop to the ground! 8O

42. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

It seems to me that Goose (Meg’s new owner) needs to be in this photo …

43. “VincerOOOOOOOOOO! VincerOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

Stoopid tenors. :evil: I like baritones.

44. Brilliant! An especially delightful collection of comments on this as well.

45. dawnkeyotie says:

Love! Love love love! Love the goggie and love the goggie’s people!

46. Frikkin’ frakkin’ tenors grumble grumble

47. Anyone notice both doggies’ perfectly cone-shaped snoots?

48. BORZOIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

49. that made me giggle out loud… I guess you can reduce that to GOL?

50. A Borznoi

51. I meant a Borsnowi!

52. Careful, that’ll melt the snowdog!

53. Hmmm, don’t we know it dear :)

54. Toms never been the same since you kidnapped him

55. I just suck all the life out of them and toss them back.

56. I just love this. What a gorgeous and sweet looking dog.

57. Nope. Borzoi.

58. Nice one! ;-)

59. but I wanna make afghan jokes! hmph.

60. enlightenmentgirl says:

I’ll have two Frozen White Russians, please!

61. This picture actually comes from a fantastic art blog called booooooom. That’s 7 o’s people!

62. I, for one, am terribly concerned. How dare they put that poor defenseless animal on a photocopier!

What?

*snicker*

63. Feel free to make the jokes! We’re all broad-minded people here. :D

64. SheepishKitty says:

that nose can be in Read-D 3D…it will poke out of the screen. O.o

65. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

66. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Theresa:

did you also mean to include “Razzmdazzmfrazzm”???

67. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

–indeed very enjoyable–

68. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Cashew is *almost* as mature as am I !!! :)

Signed,
    Pouting Is Fun !!!

69. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Won’t somebody please think of the children and the puppehs????

(Where’s Sharpy?) ;)

70. Don’t forget to stomp your little feet.

71. Mary (the first) says:

um, I think you took a wrong turn Cath. The photocopied kitteh is on another street.

72. Princess of Insolence says:

Pupsicles.

73. Clever as hell! Hahahaha!

74. (sorry! i was off thinking of puppehs.)

(oh, alright, the children, too.)

75. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

*left foot stomp*
    *right foot stomp*

HOWZAT?? :)

76. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Theresa:
    that borzoi vid/ Tetris has GOTTA be the most UBER-boopable nose and the happiest doggeh of ALL TIME.

77. It’s a Borzoi. Another sighthound relative of the Greyhound.

78. Lewis n' Clark says:

ooooooohhhhhh – SNAP!

79. Yes, but in today’s economy, we’ve all had to hock our pearls and diamonds ;)

80. That’s OK. Call it her doppelgoggie instead.

81. HAW!

82. “You do the hokey pokey . . .”

83. OH GOD IT’S A TUUNBAQ! RUN!

84. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

WHAT pearls? WHAT diamonds? :(

85. Julie – I was thinking it looked oh so familiar, but couldn’t put my finger on it – you are SO correct. Peep borzois – what will they think of next?

86. LOVE Borzois, haven’t seen one for real in 40 years – used to live next door to a breeder when I was but a child,,,the dogs were taller than I was!

87. I’m builing my lifesize borzoi out of the hair from the vacuum cleaner.

88. Did any of you have an Afghann coat in the 70′s

89. Down Under we say Goanna! :)

90. How can a dog so, big, elegant and beautiful be so full of win? This one is!

91. like the pic of your dog!

92. Lol, that’s brilliant, just posted it to my facebook page. I’m gonna be going right outside to make one to match my dog! :)

93. bookmonstercats says:

Loves me a good baritone too. It reminds me of when I was stewarding at a local music and drama festival and the adjudicator went all wibbly over the second basses when she was adjudicating the male voice choirs.

94. There has got to be a knock-knock joke with “Goanna!” “Goanna who?”

95. Very well played!

96. There really are fiber mills who will spin that for you…we have Corgi tweed on the bottom half of every piece of clothing and every lower part of the rooms in which we live. It is inevitable, so we made peace with it, Phhuuptu phuuttp! I love my Corgula!

97. I agree. 260…curious…what do you? Are you a writer?
    Your wit is so quick & wonderful. You must be a gas at a party.

98. That is one georgeous dog.

99. I love it. It should be a Christmas card.

100. OK! which one is the real dog?

101. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

–the one that eats the kibble~!~ :)

102. :roll: :P

103. Made.
    Of.
    Win.

I’m obsessed with sighthounds…sigh. It’s a sickness, really. My pointer Emma is pretty close……just not floofy.

104. Hi everyone. Someone told me my boy was here! :) The dog IS a BORZOI! His name is Mychtar. (or with all his titles: American Canadian Champion Abidjan’s Mychtar of Ferlinka CD NA NAJ CGC TDIA DSR) – Breeder: Cathy Nasierowski, Abidjan Borzoi. This was our Christmas card in 2004. Mychtar loved doing things like this – such a fun dog and a real ham. He was a dear, sweet and silly boy and is missed very much. SO glad everyone likes him. :)

105. How adorable! I’m another that is obsessed with sighthounds. :-D

106. How adorable! I’m obsessed with sighthounds too!

107. please spell out the reference for the less cultured — whaa?

108. for those above who are obsessed with sighthounds, you’re not alone!

Consider adopting a retired racer greyhound? Without a doubt, the best dog I’ve ever had is my grey. Can’t talk them up enough. They’re a few years old once they’ve retired, already crate-trained, housebroken, and past the chewing stage. Sweet, mild, even tempered, and clever.

just a thought ;)

109. This is a beautiful Borzoi girl. Borzoi is the Russian word for swift. At one time they were known as Russian Wolfhounds. They are large. Mine are 31 inches at the shoulder. They used to be kept in kennels on large estates in Russia. A famous estate was 10,000 acres. The great wolf hunts started with the guests coming via train. On the day of the hunt, each pair of dogs had a handler and a man on horseback. The foxhounds usually started first, beating the bush. When a wolf was found the borzoi pair was released. Although the wolf could be killed, it most often was captured and released again [much wiser] as wolves had large territories and were precious.
    During the Russian Revolution, according to my reading, owners had their dogs killed as they watched so that they would not fall into revolutionary hands. The Borzoi had been given as gifts to people like Queen Victoria. The dogs survived because an English woman returned to England with several dogs. The breed was brought back by English and American breeders.