Kronche Squared

Longtime Cuteologists are familiar with Rule of Cuteness #35: If you try to eat your own appendage, it’s cute.

Less well-known is its corollary: If someone else is eating a different appendage at the same time, it’s ultra-cute.

No need to buy them chew toys, Cindilla T.

1. See, this is why I love this site. It’s not just good for overloading on teh cute, it’s also an endless source of instruction. Now I know what a weimaraner is.

Oh, and I want one. Or four.

2. Now that’s just silly.

3. Silly? SILLY? It’s classic!!!

4. Silly can be classic. Or vice versa. The two are not mutually exclusive. Examples: Voltaire, Swift, and monster-trucking Billy Shakespeare, y’all.

5. …and don’t y’all forget the great Monty Python, either. Because it IS the rabbit.

6. (that last comment will make more sense once the comment PRECEDING it emerges from the Tank of Moderation, pfah)

7. Yes, ’tis true… I now know what a weimaraner is. The only question I have left is this: exactly how do you pronounce weimaraner?

8. WHY-mer-ronner. :)

9. A weimaraner owner told me it’s Vy-mer-ronner cos it’s Cherman zats vy:)

10. Why-NOT?-maraner. :mrgreen:

11. I’ve always pronounced it um….. y-mur-i-nur. (I’m trying to go by sounds, and I’m not sure I got it right.)

And yes, it is German, but I don’t have a German accent, so it’s weimeraner.

12. Gladys Kravitz says:

By strange coincidence William Wegman was on Stephen Colbert’s show last week! He pronounced it “Wye-muhrahners,” is the best approximation I can transcribe.

(The interview starts at 1:58, he says “Weimaraners” at 2:05, and there’s a 1/2 minute commercial before the actual skit begins)—william-wegman

But the best part is some footage of Wegman doing a photo session with his 3 beeeyoooteeful dogs.

13. I took a trip from TX to NM with my dad and brother in 1991 with our two Weimaraners, Annie and Chance. Everywhere we went, people asked us what kind of dogs they were. William Wegman wasn’t as widely known back then, so the Weimaraner was a less popular breed.

Then we came to an RV park in West Texas where we met a retired couple with a male and female pair of Weimies. They immediately started playing with ours like they were littermates. Ahhhhn!

14. mrsgilmore says:

i just exploded from the coxcu. game over, indeed.

15. Meu Deus! Que lindos! Eu quero! Eu quero muito! Cachorro é vida,é muito amor. Imagem do dia.

16. google says, “My God! How beautiful! I want! I really want! Dog’s life is so much love. Picture of the Day.”

i think the important part we should all remember is, “Eu quero muito.”

p.s. does anyone know if this is spanish or portuguese? google says the latter.

17. It’s not Spanish. I belive “Dios” is the Spanish word for God, isn’t it?

18. Portuguese.

19. thank you!

20. Sharpy, I always thought that your picture was a piercing red eyeball with a dark eyebrow. It used to scare me.

21. yuck! i’m sorry! (i’m ready for a change, anyway.)

yoo hoo

22. Oh, it’s a bicycle! (I guess…) I always thought it was a silly cartoon dog with a big, red nose and a little tongue sticking out the side. :P

23. Mary (the first) says:

I agree and I don’t even know what it says without the translation! But the exuberance is clearly pro-CO.

24. My college roommate used to say to our kitten, “Ai, que tu eras tan linda!” She grew up speaking Spanish and also studied Portuguese, and now I don’t remember which that was. Spanish, I think.

25. Your roommate was speaking Spanish — Basically saying “Oh, you’re so beautiful!!”

26. Portuguese.

27. man, that puppeh must be delicious! Not only is he chompin on himself, his brother/sister wants a nibble too.

*squishes into pile* lemme hava bite! just a little one?

28. I’ll take the other ear, if you don’t mind!

29. Captain Kronsche and Foot Loops: the breakfast of champions

30. Actually, those might be Sugar Pawps.

31. just to bring it home:
    Breakfast of Chompions?

32. Is the ear-nibbler Cap’n Kronsche?

33. Yeah, and you better watch out… he’s a cereal killer!

34. *groan*

35. I’ll second tracylee’s groan and raise you one groan of my own. Awfully wonderful.

36. Breakfoot of Chompions

37. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

ooooooh verreh verreh nice contender, there :)

38. *groan* Oakley, you truly do think outside the box!! LOL

39. outside the box of cereal, as it were.

40. Captain Kronsche and the Cutey Nom from Mars?

41. Gracie's Mom says:

Oooo! A Bon Jovi reference! I love it!

42. those pups look like they are made from delicious milky hot chocolate. who wouldn’t nom them?

43. nom nom nom nom nom nom nom

44. eeeeeeeeee!
    I think my heart just popped. Anyone got a mop?

45. ……I think this calls for some sort of wet-vac…….. *goes in search of sufficient cleaning/retrieval supplies for Metz’s heart*

46. LOL!

47. I don’t think the foot chewing Weimaraneraner, has got his teefs yet, give the poor doggie a bone.
    I always thought that the Weimeraner, was the name given by historians to the parliamenary republic established in 1919 in Germany to replace the imperial form of government. Well the more you know :)

48. I think it was called the Weimar Republic?

Apologies if you knew this and were being sarcastic!

49. I expect Hon Glad got his facts from some dog-eared old history book.

50. *headkeyboard* rpiouflskdfhknxvbgshuitgoweeeeeeeefhks

51. I just exploded trying to read that conglomeration, and it was fun! Give me another?

52. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ 2600: GAH

(but in a GOOD way :) )

53. Yers I woz joshing. :)

54. I was starting to think you were hitting the sauce a bit hard, if you know what i mean…

55. Not only that, his dog pee’d on his homework.

56. Good thing it was a report on yellow journalism.

57. Weimar Republic —

58. bork!bork!bork!

59. bark bark bark!

60. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

oooooo tracylee & Theresa:

EXCELLENT volleying!!!
    Blue Ribbon for Sillehness and Wordplay!

61. I am in serious pain from laughing so hard. And my makeup is ruined.

62. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Here’s a QTip and a handkerchief :)

63. I totally didn’t know this was here when I posted it on the dogs with hands vid.

64. Someone is teeeee–thing……. :)

65. ouroboweimeranoubaroo?

66. Perfect!

68. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

69. MamaDawn in Tulsa says:

I loves me some weimie! Only problem is they stay in the “must chew everything” stage for about 18 months. My Gracie ate a stroller, 2 garage doors and about a half dozen bicycle seats before she grew out of it (and she got lots and lots of love, exercise and chewie toys). They are GREAT furkids, though, if you have a little time to spend.

70. MamaDawn in Tulsa – I hope you don’t mean the whole of the objects mentioned.

71. MamaDawn in Tulsa says:

She really just chewed them to pieces but didn’t gulp any of it down (that I know…)

72. 8-O

73. My Lady ate a couch, and a door frame. I loved that dog, she was my best childhood friend. And I love these puppehs! I want to nom on them sooo much!

74. II’ve heard tell of labs/goldens that chewed through drywall. And it didn’t stop til they got to be old dogs. Consider yourself fortunate. :P

75. I had a girlfriend whose Great Dane puppy chewed the leg off one of her grandmother’s antique dining room chairs ,and her mother’s real-for-truly-solid wood cupboard doors .

76. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Was there any dog food in the house, at the time????
    (sorry, couldn’t resist…)

77. Gigi (the original one) says:

Love those angel eyes on those little devils :D

78. C’mon folks, how could he resist eating his own foot when he’s made entirely out of blueberries and chocolate mousse??!?

79. A new rule: if your fur looks like the softest velvet possible, you’re cute!!!!
    What precious babies!!!!

80. Seconded! They look so clean and shiny and soft and WANT

81. I never knew their eyes were so blue! Do they stay that way? What beautiful pups!!! OH and since no one else has said it yet, Boop!!!

82. The first Weimaraner I ever saw was a pewter color all over with green eyes. Gorgeous!!

83. Weimaraners that color will grow up to have gorgeous amber eyes. They don’t stay blue, but they are beautiful.

84. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Personally, I’m goin’ with the opinion
    that they were playing a game of Twister, and got all tangled up :)

85. I’m a kitty person more than a puppy person but those puppies are very cute. And just what I needed – a dose of daily cute to help with the day…

86. They are so colour-coordinated. The leeps and the nosicles compliment the pale fur. The silvery coat offsets the ice-blue eyes. Even the toe nails – not black but instead nose-coloured. LUB!

87. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee x infinity

Ahmigawd Weim puppiiiiies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh how I wish I’d gotten my sweet Hazel as a blue-eyed puppy….she woulda been cute like this, I just know it.

This post is like an early Christmas present! ^___^

88. Doot doot doot, breaking news– did you know today is NATIONAL MONKEY DAY?

89. Blast! I’ve missed National Minkey Day.

90. :D

(Where was that bit from again? It’s struggling to resurface from the back of my mind.)

((What I mean is, I’m sure it was a comedy bit in at least one movie or something.))

91. MamaDawn in Tulsa says:

Peter Sellers in the Pink Panther movies, I think.

92. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Le Voila:

93. Mary (the first) says:

I would love to stick my face into the AOS and take a big huff! I’m sure they smell delicious! And did no one else notice the eye-color-matched collar? I have a feeling these two will be spoiled and pampered completely! (AOS = Axis of Snorgling, for anyone who doesn’t know.)

94. Yes! I love that the collar matches those gorgeous baby blues!

95. I love the look of disbelief in the bitee’s eyes. “Not only do I have these weird sensation in my foot, but I think someone’s biting my ear!”

96. Shouldn’t we get a bonus pic of Jamin if it’s national monkey day. Just sayin’ any excuse to see Jamin.

97. Lewis n' Clark says:

I would LOVE to jump into that dogpile of silkiness and puppeh bref! Although, as always, when jumping into a puppeh pile, remember to wear your puppeh teef protector (PTP). Their nomming can be alomming!

98. Becky, Bubba's mum says:

Fabulous eyes. What gorgeous looking little creatures!

99. Well, there ya’ go. That’s my Christmas present, right there.

100. Nom nom nom.

101. emmberrann says:

I wonder what those toe-beans taste like, hmmm?????

102. SocratesX53 says:

Only the most yummy of all delicacies! Puppeh got 1 pawful, I’ll fight ya for the other 3!! ;-)

103. Emmberrann says:

Plenty of toe-beans for all, I only want a nibble-nom anyways.

104. SocratesX53 says:

Sorry, got greedy there for a sec. Must remind myself to share.

***hangs her head in shame****

105. Caramel-latte flavored, perhaps?

106. A benzene ring made out of weimaraners is MUCH cuter than one out of a coupla snakes.

107. I just hafta say

that is all.

108. I believe I will kronche the ear of the top puppy, since they are clearly going to waste!

109. Proposed Rule 35(a): If you try to eat your friend’s appendage, it’s cute.

Floor open for comments…

110. You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can’t eat your friend’s appendage?

111. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

One necessary clause, though. Both FRIENDS must be cute, first …..

y’know….GW Bush chewing on Rumsfeld’s ear? Not so much ….

112. Queen of Dork says:

Well, when furry friends do that FOR SURE it’s cute. But when humans eat the appendages of other humans that could call for prison time. 8O

113. SheepishKitty says:

I keep hearing about foot-in-mouth-disease, is that what it is?

114. *snrk*