He Does this Every Winter

(Heh, heh, heh) I’ll hide some snow in the refrigerator…

… and paste someone with a snowball next June!

They never learn, Emma H.

Comments

1. I refuse to believe that these monkeys don’t throw snowballs at each other.

2. Oh. My. God. Sweet, sneaky monkey….

3. Hey, Meg and NTMTOM, I bought a C.O. calendar yesterday — does that push us up to no. 1 yet?

4. Deanna in Biloxi says:

Let Monkey throw the snowball…the poo alternative is not so cute!!

5. MONKEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE worthy.

6. My brother once pelted my sister’s car in August with snowballs made from the defrosting freezer. My mom was on the phone with my aunt and said “I have to get off the phone; they’re having a snowball fight in the driveway!” tee hee hee!

7. He’s going to make a deposit in the snow bank. If you catch my drift…

8. Mischievous mini-monkey reminds me of Calvin…

Heavens, even after all these years I still miss that strip!

9. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

THAT’s optimism :)

10. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!”

11. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Don’t we need a “Naughtiness” or “Impending Doom” Tag ????

12. And “Primates” rather than “Pocket Pets”? Although… *checks* no, there is no monkeh in my pocket.

13. Yes! You are absolutely right; A “Naughty” or “Impending Doom” tag is sorely needed!

14. Wait till his Mom finds this in the freezer and screams “Gedditout, Gedditoutofear”

15. Snow monkeys do throw snowballs at each other, if I can trust what I saw at the Central Park zoo.

16. Oh come on, it’s not yellow snow.

17. Cheeky Monkey!

18. JustanotherHeather says:

Is the little guy/girl a Japanese Macaque? They are my favorite primates. If I get reincarnated as an animal, I want to be one of them. Sitting in hot springs all day. However, I never knew they had tiny tails, as shown in the second pic. So cute!

19. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Tags fixed. Thanks!

20. Looks like an itty bitty yeti.

21. Gigi (the original one) says:

Forget it little minky, mom ALWAYS trows the snow balls out! I know I’ve tried it sooo many times as a kid. LOL!

22. A guy I used to work with; came back from a Christmas lunch, some what over refreshed. His eyes were the embodiment of ‘ Piss holes in the snow ‘ :)

23. Chantal Lyons says:

They do :)
    They’re Macaque monkeys.

24. Me, too! The winter snowman-building was the best. What an imagination.

25. I’m with J.A. Heather look at that cute little stub of a tailio people !
    WOW ! I never thought I’d see REAL monkey butt powder.
    (ducking now)

26. Do not mess with Susie! It never works!

27. LeAnn (not LeAnna or Lee Ann) says:

Anyone remember the snowball story from Bill Cosby? ” Junior Baaaaaarnes…you gunky!!”

28. “So I went outside and I spit on him.”
    One of my favorites.

29. Emmberrann says:

Da stowing of da snowballs (stowballs?) d’un’t work at our house f’r an hour, Mom trew dem out bcuz of room issues–food in, stowballs out!

30. Oh, yes!!! I used to howl for days after each new one!

31. Oh man, Bill Cosby is so awesome. One of my brothers had those albums, I remember listening to them…

and much more recently, my mom was in the hospital for a couple of days, and I sat with her, watching The Cosby Show re-runs. Twenty/thirty (?) years later, they’re still funny!

32. I’m old enough to remember when the freezer made snow all by itself!

33. A slushball!!

34. Monkeh!
    Monkeh-eeeeeeee!
    Monkeh!

35. Yeah, defrosting it was always such an enjoyable task, wasn’t it?

36. That second picture is priceless, very Eddie Izzard:

Some guy with a big cigar: “Hey! A creeping kid! For my film, ‘The Creeping Kid!’ You, you’re in!”

37. LOVE those little knuckleheads. Here’s a live webcam to Nagano JP where they live- but it looks to be down now.

38. Can’t stand his tv show but I loved his comedy records. The Chicken Heart, the Water Bottle, the dangers of Junglegyms, the go-cart race and of course, the immortal story of Noah and the Lord.

“What?!?”

39. There was an article in National Geographic years ago that swore that they would play with the balls that were almost the size of themselves but never throw them.

I wonder though, if they learned the throwing behavior by watching us. Monkey see, monkey…

40. but how does this monkey compare to Jamin’s monkey, I wonder………

41. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Thanks to you, sir!! :)

42. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

I think: yes.

That’s what I thought when I saw it.

43. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(“do you have a leeesance for your minkey?”)

[See: "The Pink Panther", starring Peter Sellers ca. 1963]

44. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Oh yes I recomember OLD skool B. Cosby.
    — pulls out spinning wheel and lil’ ol’ lady spectacles and the Famous
    Scandinavian (Persimmon colored) swingey-back chair —

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, in the Pleistocene Era
    (approx 1971, onbase, in Yokosuka Japan)

me da’ purchased a fancy-schmancy [at the time] reel-to-reel tapedeck
    (the kind where the reels are about 4 inches across). He then recorded about
    3 or 4 entire Bill Cosby record albums (y’know, those ancient VINYL discs??) back-to-back onto one tape. I sat & listened to that for at least a couple of hours of “Noah [PING!!!] and the Ark”, Junior Barnes, etc.

45. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

gah.

46. good times!

47. Mary (the first) says:

Yes, me too, my second favorite (after Pogo) comics of all time.

48. She has better aim.

49. ilikechocolatemilk says:

Gotta admit, from the first picture I thought it was Jamin’s little buddy. And that he was going to attack the boogyman from his camp ghost stories with a snowball.

50. I love the way the little dude is creeping away, all shifty eyed and full of mischief in the second photo!

51. What about the Giant Chicken Heart?

52. Peter Gabriel Time!

Little monkehs in the snow
    Arming for a snowball fight,
    Eyes and noses all aglow,
    Simians full of delight.
    They were something to observe,
    Just a pair of jolly mutts,
    You must admit they have some nerve,
    Stumpy tails on tiny butts. :mrgreen:

53. Yess! Glad I wasn’t the only one who thought of this. Like when he totally missed Susie Derkins, was cursing his bad luck as she reached for the snow, reassembled the snowball and…

Gawd, I loved that comic.

54. Gigi (the original one) says:

Zhat is not my dog!
    The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976)

55. OMG!!! I heard his voice saying “And my mother had thrown the snowball away.”

56. “Am I on Candid Camera?”

…or…

“What’s a cubit?”

57. Apparently, one of the most exciting discoveries in psychology of 2010 was that they make snow monkies. Model monkey toys that little monkies interact with. It has yet to be confirmed as more than speculative interpretation of observed behaviour, but I vote: too awesome not to be true. Needs more science! (Especially if science = wild monkies + snow x monkey hijinks.)

58. WendyPinNJ says:

OK, let’s try this again. Apparently comments don’t automatically wrap text!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

59. It always seemed to be a good time to make onself scarce! ;)

60. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

61. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

cha CHING to them all, and most espesh:

“what’s a cubit?”!!!
    THAT one made me actually snort, just now.

I found it hilarious (if scandalous and sacrilegious)
    how sarcastic and skeptical Noah’s tone of voice was, toward God.

“RIGHT!!!!!”

62. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

wow!!!

such literary description, rhythm and rhyming, only to conclude with ….
    “Stumpy tails on tiny butts” :)

63. biscuithead says:

“You gunky!”

64. Hahaha! What’s a cubit?! Classic. We used to listen to those records back in the 70s.

His bit about the dentist was exceptionally hilarious too.

65. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(what, exactly, IS a “gunky”???)

signed,

Rhetorical Qwershtyuns ‘R Us.

66. One of my all-time favorites: Right. What’s an ark? :)

67. And the snakes. He was smearin’ that Jello…. Wonder if that’s why he did Jello commercials??

68. oh yeah, good times!!

69. Same here! I actually thought this was what NTMTOM was referencing. Calvin and Hobbes are the best ever–this totally makes me want to go dig up my collections so I can reread “Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons” in preparation for the holidays. :)

70. The Creeping Kid! I love it!

71. April's NaNa says:

@260Oakley – I am rendered speachless so I’ll simply doff my hat and observe a moment of silence …:-)

72. What’s a cubit?

73. LeAnn (not LeAnna or Lee Ann) says:

Taking the lid off the back of the toilet and pretending it was a submarine. “We’re all out of water, Sir.” “Very well, then. Let it rise, let it rise.”

74. MUNKY BUM! MUNKY BUM!

Sorry. I had to. I’m okay now.

75. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

ahhhhhh.

Holiday Traditions.

76. I still haven’t forgiven Bill Waterson for retiring. Gary Larson, either.