My Bathket

I wove my wicker. Wick, wick, wick.

Don’t get carried away, Branston!

1. hmmm, shouldn’t the hovertext be “weave me awone”? that’s the way I read it in my head.

Pretty kitty in a tiny basket, er, bathket.

2. I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking “awone”!

Adorable kitteh and nice timing on the wick.

3. I do get the puns in the text, but it is just so difficult to read that one “L” when all the other words look like you replaced the Ls with Ws.

I could look at that cute kitty all day…..

4. Or maybe that should be bath-kit?

5. “Weave me alone” = brilliant. :-)

But I want to know how the little kitty got in the really little basket.

Btw, if y’all haven’t seen the video of the cat getting a neck and back massage in one of those shiatsu massage devices, check it out here.

6. OMG !!!! Thank You “J” !
    I’ve been trying to think of what to get my “kids” for X-Mas besides a bucket of catnip or a new cat pole. The massager is puuuurfect !

7. Mary (the first) says:

Yes, my first thought exactly. Not that anyone could leave this cutie awone.

8. Lavendar tongue!

9. kitteh perfection–tiny basket for protection!

10. Is Pyrit really 260O in disguise? This post is a gem of pun-itude!

11. 260Oakley says:

Nope, this is 100% Pyrit. I’m puninvolved with this post.

12. *groan*

13. Snerk!

14. skippymom says:

Oh, dear! Now that I have been killed dead, who will feed my cats tonight?

15. skippymom says:

Crap, I guess I meant “ded”.

16. dontcha mean “cwap”?

17. Yes, I did mean “cwap”. By the way, can you feed my cats?

18. lol!

19. So you’re going to feed my cats, ceejoe?

20. oh heck, sure! what’s a couple more? let’s see… Skippy, Eddy, uhh…

21. Thanks, ceejoe! Skippy, Eddy, Francesco, and Chloe will be happy to let you take care of them until I revive. Don’t forget to give Franny the prescription food so he can pee. I owe you!

22. SheepishKitty says:

if I fweed your cat, can I keep them too?

23. Well, we definitely want Franny to be able to pee! No shortage of cat pee at my house! Would that be w/d prescription food? We’re in luck! that’s what my cats all eat!

24. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

skippymom: I have some minced spinach.
    Will that help???

25. skippymom says:

Franny eats c/d–he’ll bring a can with him.

26. Oh look- a perfect serving of cute. I am pretty sure my daily allowance of cute in all in dat basket.
    Cutie! I’m gonna get those ears…

27. I hope the wicker control board doesn’t see this. I doubt that kitten is 21.

28. wicker?! I don’t even know ‘er!

29. Gigi (the original one) says:

And the winner is…tracylee!

30. You wicker–you brought ‘er!

32. Gigi (the original one) says:

A-tisket a-tasket
    A kitty in a basket :-)

33. Whoops, sorry Gigi, missed your post and repeated you, echo-echo-echo… ;-)

34. Gigi (the original one) says:

You know what they say…great minds think alike!

35. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

36. :twisted: All the easier to carry off for cuddling, snorgling, feeding, etc. :twisted:

37. Now we know who is responsible for Wicker leaks.

38. *snerk*

39. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Hon Glad:

(golf clap)

40. victoreia says:

Shouldn’t that be “stuPUNdous”?

41. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

ooooooo MOST excellent, ma’am.

(I had my mind on other t’ings, like
    goin’ off to ck my emails…)

42. S.J. Hartsfield says:

An adorable kitty picture, wicker wickout the puns!

43. tineetabbee

44. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

and this one is a particularly tineeee tabbeeeee….

45. zomg, Pyrit! You get to post *here*? Aweomesauce! :D I haven’t noticed until now that you’ve authored posts, must have been distracted by teh cute :)

Vevvy,vevvy cute basket case there!

46. Awesomesauce — my new favorite woid! :-)

47. I thit in it and lick lick lick!!

48. bathket hohoho~ i feel quite jolly now. ^__^

49. Pyrit, FTW!

50. Moh-du-ration?? Boooo!

Dat’s me. I famous. Wickity doo da!

51. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

….”Wickety-aiiiieeeeee…my oh my what a moderate day….” ;)

52. “Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?”

53. *snicker*

54. My only complaint about this photo is that it is not in a suitable landscape format for me to use as desktop wallpaper. I *need* to look at this all day!

55. P.S. I tried. Kitty gets oddly squished.

56. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Isn’t Kitty ALREADY squished????

57. True, that. :)

58. Queen of Dork says:

I know what you mean, Noelegy. I sometimes want to put pictures on my desktop background but if they’re too long vertically, the picture comes out all distortedly squished. :)

59. A Tisket
    A Catsket
    A Grey kittyan inna Bathket!

Don’t we all become Basket Cases around the holidaze?

Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poof-on?

60. LOL

61. Hey peeps, do you have any idea how much Code Red Mt. Dew burns when you snort it out your nose? Well now I do…y’all makin’ me giggle-snort. :-D

62. Owch. I guess that is something to think of before looking at comments about cute kitties, Metz. I hope your poor nose recovers.

63. yeah you’d think I’d have learned this by now, CO pics, hovertext, captions, and commentary do not mix well with liquid refreshments. But noo, sadly I still partake of refreshements whilst viewing cute overload, and gladly I clean up my messes from giggle snorts, guffaws, spit takes, pbbbthhs, and more. Wouldn’t trade it for the world, my CO. :-)

64. Bathket? What bathket? (Ignore the wiggling under my sweatew…..)

65. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Them eyes be lookin’ jist a MITE shifty, there, ma’am.
    Please accompany me to the Police Headquarters.

(stern, disapproving facial expreshe)

66. oOOH! oooh!! I can haz the purrfect partner for you, she can dispense the stern disapproving looks like nobuddies bizness!

67. Gigi (the original one) says:

Your Autumn looks like my Penny!

68. Oooh, and your Penny looks like my Autumn! ;-)
    Well except for the loong floofy hair. I had a tortie like her once, heh, her name was Autumn too. I’m not real original.

69. nothin like torti-tude!

70. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Thank u Metz– I checked ’em out and I see you provided not only a *stern look* but also a bonus *sad, forlorn look*

Verreh verreh nice :)

71. victoreia says:

Oh, me? Shifty eyes? What do you me–look! A flying monkey! [running away]

72. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

BWA HA HA @ V!!!

73. Flying Monkey, is that like the distraction device in the demonic duck from El Goonish Shive?

74. Metz – Loved your blog, I’d like to post on it but I have a hard enough job keeping up with CO. Being a two fingered typist, who has to look at his fingers doesn’t help either :)

75. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

me no know ’bout no

” distraction device in the demonic duck from El Goonish Shive” …..but me know ’bout Flying Monkees in Wizard of Oz

(runs away, STILL skeered of ’em, 40 yrs after first viewing of film….)

76. Whenever the characters in this webcomic get into a difficult situation they go, “Hey isn’t that some sort of demonic duck over there?” and lo, there he is! Ongoing gag.

77. Hee hee, O No! I wasn’t skeered of the Flying Monkeys (though the chanting guards somewhat gave me anxieties).

No, I was scared of the Oompa Loompas in “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.” The original film with Gene Wilder. It wasn’t because they were little, it was because they were ORANGE, which just didn’t seem right.

To this day, I refuse to watch “Jersey Shore.”

78. Thanks H.G., tis ok I just do it for fun and laffs, just like to share once in a while. :-)

*giggle-snort* @ Noelogy’s Jersey Shore ref. LOL

79. BranstonAndMiyuki says:

Dat’s me!!! And my basket!! Wickity doo dah!

80. Branston, you and Miyuki are adorable!

81. bas-kit

82. Why yes I am!

83. Well you are WAY cute Branston, and I checked out your blog, your peep Miyuki is way cute too! :-)

84. Thanks Metz!!
    The blog is pretty new but growing all the time, just like me!
    Miyu is my slightly older step-sister. How I wuv pouncing her!

85. Our Philo has discovered the joy, at last, of having someone to play with. Before, he would pester the older cats (he’s 3 1/2, they are 9 and older). When we brought Maggie into the house, he loathed her on sight (he’d been the baby before she came along). He wouldn’t even be in the same room with her. Then he’d be in the same room, but he’d growl at her whenever he saw her. Then he took to following her from room to room. Then came the day when I caught them playing: Philo was on the seat of a chair, making swipes at Maggie beneath.

Now they cannot get enough of each other! I worry that Philo may play too rough because she’s only two months and change, and he’s 3-4 times her size, but she keeps coming back for more and holds her own. He’s never experienced before someone willing to play with him with equal enthusiasm, and they bound all over the place. He’s not a very vocal cat, but he trills at her constantly, which I find adorable.

86. Ahhhn… That sounds so sweet, especially the trilling. I wish my kitties could get along. :( I can’t even keep them in the same house anymore. :cry:

87. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Sound effects for the above scene:

This is Philo:

88. Ooh, I’d forgotten all about Branston Pickle! Now I need to get some!

89. Good gravy! I didn’t know you got Branston Pickle over that side of the pond, Actually there are a lot better manufactured ones and of course my green tomato chutney.
    Now, if I can just poke it down the intertubes, Slop pludle, oh crap!

90. My immediate thought, when I saw this picture, was of a somewhat saccharine song
    from my childhood.

If there’s someone in the city
    doesn’t want a little kitty
    will they leave the little kitty in a basket
    leave the basket outside my door
    and I’ll love that little kitty for ever more
    ……………forgotten this bit………………….
    I’ll hug her and I’ll squeeze her
    never never tease her
    want a little kitty in a basket.

Erm, the Blech part is mine, the song doesn’t end with Blech cos that would………..

91. I have in my possession a ceramic drinking mug which belonged to my older brother when he was a very small child, in the early 1960s. The outside of it says “Ding Dong Bell” (as in the old nursery rhyme) and inside the mug, revealed when the child drinks all of his or her milk, there is the saddest looking little ceramic kitten sitting on the bottom of the mug!!

92. Ah jeez. Your cup is better than mine. I have a white ceramic milk cup with a kitten climbing the side. No hidden kitteh at the bottom, though. :(

93. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(delighted giggle)

94. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(that was supposed to land, as a response to HG’s of 11:46….)

95. Hon Glad, I’m not sure that we do get it on the US side of the pond (outside of specialty stores), but I read a lot. :) I can’t remember where I first heard of Branston Pickle, but that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the name.

96. Oh, we get it over here alright! And this house eats a ton of it. Nom nom nom.

97. What a beautiful coat! Is that gray with brown stripes or does the lighting just make it look that way? I’ve never seen that combination before.

98. No stripes. solid lilac aka pinky tan.

99. Inquiring minds want to know…does Maru like baskets, too?

100. Is Maru also a British shorthair? He’s got the same “cobby” look as Branston and Miyuki, and the same owlish round eyes. Cuuuuuute!

101. I remember reading that Maru is a Scottish Fold – the kind without the floppy ears, apparently.

102. earlybird1 says:

Hee hee! Did anyone else think of Baba Wawa from the old SNL shows? XD

103. YES! OMG I din’t even realize it, but you are so right! :-D

104. “oh, hewwo. I’m just a widdo bit sweepy. But fiwst, wet me weach awound heaw and wick this scwatchy pwace… ahhh, much betteuw.”

105. Queen of Dork says:

Well. My heart stopped for a moment when I looked at this picture. My brain overheated and then rainbow glitter shot out of my left ear. (my right eye is still twitching a little bit) What a BEAUTY!

106. LOL, Queen! That makes me think of an old “Outland” comic strip in which Opus’s eyes bulge out with a “WHAOING!” sound effect, which concludes with something like, “The next time you think YOU’VE got it rough, think about us!”