Rub a dub dub, Ladies

Oh and these bubbles? They’re strategically placed.

Carrie K. knows how to handle a VIP Nosicle like Hamlet.

Comments

1. This is actually cute in a fascinating sort of way. I can’t help thinking this person has really abrasive hand soap.

2. i can’t…..i can’t….
    *brain explodes*

3. Whaaaaaaaat?? I second the above comment!

4. 8D *tickles skooshy little belleh* If I were to beep his nosicle, would it make a Rubber-Duckie-esque squeaking sound?.

Also, having never owned a hedgie, do they need baths often? Because I’ve noticed several hedgehog-bath pictures on this site and others; it seems to be a common-ish theme. (Not complaining, just curious.)

5. With some cute black whiskers and a button nose, and two eyes made out of cooooooooaaaaaal…. Frosty the Hedgehog had to hurry on his way… he was bathed in soap, but the Cuteoverloaders’ know….

Fill in the blank! Go!

6. That is just too funny! Very cute.

7. He hates that!!!! But such cuteness overloads my brain’s cells!!

8. It’s like an adorable, living loofah!

9. To squee or not to squee, there is no question!
    I’d let Hamlet ‘hog my wash basin anytimet.

10. OMG she loves the bubbles LOL!

11. Needs some Lawrence Welk in the background.

12. So ridonkulously cute, I can’t stand it!

I know Don Ho would totally approve.

“Tiiiiiny Buubbbbbles
    On the Hedgie
    Make me happy
    Make me feel fine”

13. Some hedgies have a habit of wandering in their own perp, and get what are known in our house as “poopy boots”. So sometimes they need a bath to clean their toesies!

14. Cat Foundation says:

Doesn’t the hedgie look sort of relaxed?

15. LOVE his dainty paws!!! i love how all 4 are up in the air and he is all “meh” his expression is toooo cute!

16. Stephanie – If I’ve got the right song…He was bathed in soap
    But oh I hope
    He will visit me today.

17. Meg – I get the picture “Strategically placed “bubbles Tony Curtis in full boulevardier clothing under the bubbles to appear as Josephine, and countless cowboy films with Claudia Cardinale et Al in the slipper bath scene, with straegically placed bubbles on her boobee’s

18. 260Oakley says:

SpongeHog HairPants

19. 260Oakley says:

File under: hogwash

20. rorschach89 says:

“I would like to be handed my rubber duckie, please.”

21. OMG. This may actually be TOO cute.

22. Hamlet is a great name for a hedgehog.

23. Andi in NC says:

“poopy boots” – that’s perfect….

24. bookmonstercats says:

Enough, already, 260Oak! I an ded from teh Qte, I don’t need to be triply ded from your puns:)

25. Gigi (the original one) says:

O that this too too solid dirt would melt,
    Thaw, and resolve itself into BUBBLES!

26. I had a pet hedgehog (RIP Bandit)… OMG that is a BIG hedgehog… Mine was too grumbly and prickly to bathe..

She did like when her quills were down and I dug my fingernails between them and scratched her :)

27. Ms. Twiggywinkle’s bubble bath!

28. OMG, way too cute!

29. the cutest loofah evar …

30. *giggle*

31. hooray! it’s been far, far, too long between hedgie posteses!

32. A hedgie scrubbie! Just what I need to accompany some lovely-smelling bath gel.

33. and ‘wandering in their own perp’ is hilarious too!

34. I confused him with Lady Gaga for a moment!

35. Also known as “The Perp Walk.” :mrgreen:

36. Hedgie’s day at the spa!
    Love the placement of the “modesty bubbles” !!

37. While tending his pet, Harvey Brillo has an inspired idea which changes cleaning history forever.

38. OK, so everything I know about hedgehogs I learned from Cute Overload, but . . . isn’t this one HUGE? Or is that just a tiny hand (and sink)? Or am I completely wrong in how I’ve been imagining hedgehogs all this time? (I am reminded of the city girl who went to the country and was SHOCKED to find that cows are not about the size of your average dog.)

39. Bwahahaha!

40. I burst out laughing the moment the photo loaded. Good thing my coworker is not in right now. HA!!!!

41. Hello Ladies!

What a smug look. He’s got a “come and see what the fuss is about ladies” smirk.

42. Squeeeeee! Hamlet brings back warm memories of Schming floating in the bath with his Mai-Tai. http://cuteoverload.com/2008/06/19/built-in-floata/

43. Yeah, the “Rub-a-Dub-Dub, Ladies” had me cracking up. :-P

44. Sqeee! So cute. Look at that big nose XD

45. I love how his quills are slicked back on top of his head like he’s been doing the Ferris Beuler thing in the shower

Danke Schoen, darling Danke Schoen.
    Thank you for funny cards from Spain.
    I recall, Central Park in fall, how you tore your dress,
    what a mess, I confess….

46. awesome.

47. poopy boots!!

Sooooo cuuuuuute! ded.

48. skippymom says:

Zackly.

49. TrixandSam says:

I had the same thought! That come-hither look is priceless!

50. Hee hee!

51. Shming was such a good poggie!

52. skippymom says:

You are FULL of win!!!

53. *GROOOOOOAAAANNNN*

54. LUV that movie!! Oh and thanks for the earwig too… *hums while wandering away*

55. Bwahahaha! That’s brilliant!

56. He’d be fluffy right away!

57. Well shoot AnnRan ! Ya beat me to the Don Ho reference !
    I guess that makes you “King of the lab” today!
    I have to admit you got farther than I did . all I came up with was
    “Tiny bubbles , in the hand…

58. Beady eyeballs and leg splayage – a very fetching combination with ze bubbles!

59. buldging eyeballs aside, he looks quite content – bubblicious!

60. I was waiting for that!

61. BRILLIANT!

62. He’s getting ready to perform “Poke ‘er Hand”….

63. “I am wet and bubbly, and I am SO okay with that. You may wash my spiky wittle self now.”

64. I imagine he would provide thorough exfoliation, but perhaps a little TOO thorough. Plus the disapproval would make shower time awkward.

65. He needs a weeeee little rubber ducky. …Or to be painted yellow so that he may be the ducky, himself.

Rubber Hedgie, you’re the one
    You make bath-time pointy fun
    Rubber Hedige I’m awfully fond of you!

66. Look up “adorabuhls” in the dictionary, and you will see thees hedgie’s photo. Awwww. *nose beep*

67. Can curl, but can’t swim
    Stickly-Prickly, that’s him.
    Can’t curl, but can swim
    Slow-and-Solid, that’s him.

From one of my FAVORITES! The Beginning of the Armadillos wherein (for those of you who have not read it) a tortoise and hedgehog team up to defeat a young jaguar, and end up sharing physical characteristics – so they make Armadillos!

ps The expression on his face is priceless.

68. *snerk*

69. That is just the best thing ever. I want to nibble on those feet!!!!!

70. Busby Berkley ain’t got nuthin’ on this fella! :-)

71. To me, all hedgehogs look like Bobby Bittman.

72. fleurdamour says:

Mr. Hedge has gotten all lathered up.

73. Where can I get a hedgie scrub sponge?

74. Privacy bubbles.

75. Oops!
    I meant “Mr. Pricklepin’s Bubble Bath”– the Beatrix Potter book never published because it was considered too risque in time.

76. Besides the perp walk (especially when they “run and go” on a wheel all night), hedgies also “anoint.” If they find something they like the smell of, they will lick it or chew it up, foam at the mouth and then lick the foam all over their quills (well, as far as they can reach). I’ve seen mine fall over doing this!

They do this as a form of camouflage (“move along, nothing hedgie to smell here”). Sometimes what they decide is interesting necessitates a bath. Like when my hedgie was running up and down in a narrow strip of my mother’s flower garden (fully supervised), and found an earthworm. Chew, chew, chew, foam, foam, foam. He got a ride back to the sink in a bucket!

77. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

hmmmm…..one is moved to wonder what The Bard would thinka
    a hogge du Hedge as one of his Tragic Figures….

78. The little hedgehog looks pretty mortified to me. Like he can’t believe his parents are taking a naked-in-the-tub picture that they’re going to show to all their friends and embarrass him with when he’s a teenager.

79. He’s waiting patiently for someone to scrub his belly, cause his pawses are too short to reach.

80. Awwww. <3

BEF! And inherent cuteness! And he's clean! :)

81. Poopy boots? Dirty toesies? OMG, I need to wash a hedgehog STAT!!

82. BWAAAAAAAA!

83. I think the Bard had sufficient sense of humor that he would find it amusing.

84. I’m assuming it crapped when it got in the water and you’re just not showing that in the pic. Mine always did.

85. He’s cute, but im sure he makes a rather abrasive sponge.

86. You know, you can leave him in the rack to dry, but the hard water spots aren’t too attractive.

87. I’ll bet he would rather be a loofah than a croquet ball! After all, he’s already wet and soapy, and he doesn’t look too cross about that!

88. (sways) tiny bubbles……

89. LMAO!

90. Alas, poor Yorick – he died from my overwhelming cute!

91. :-D

92. darkshines says:

To wash, or not to wash: that is the question:
    Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The soap and scrubbing of outrageously overpriced bath salts,
    Or to take arms against a sea of bubbles,
    And by opposing end them? To wash: to clense;
    No more; and by a clense to say we wash!
    The poopy boots and the thousand natural shocks
    That encrust on my pawsies, ’tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be wish’d! To wash, to scrub;
    To relax: perchance to dream: ay, there’s the rub…..ooh, a little lower….yeeeeah thats it…….

93. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

“Bravo!!!” (and/ or) “Brava”!!!! :)

94. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(Related)

95. The hedgehog you see is an African Pygmy hedgehog, much smaller than the hedgehogs found in the UK, etc..

96. That is the most beautiful thing I’ve seen all week!

97. *Hands an armful of roses*

98. Lewis n' Clark says:

*continues cheering darksines, throws more flowers on stage*

99. bookmonstercats says:

Standing ovation.

100. Lisa Shalet says:

No point in studying Shakespeare when we have this kind of brilliance.

101. Lisa Shalet says:

I’d like to see a video of the other side when each bubble “pops” on a quill.

102. darkshines says:

*bows deeply*

103. Who sang that “Tiny Bubbles”…was it Don Ho?

104. Oh, well, there you are.

105. Mrs Psmith says:

you aren’t by any chance related to him, are you? ;-)

106. Hahaha diddo!!!

107. Hehe, my hedgie’s name is Croquet ^^

108. I like the way @Hon Glad and @Maribeth think!!
    ;-)

109. Somerleigh says:

“Cancey-wancey, you got cancey diddlies have you Mr. Burmey? you’re going to be put to deathies are you? is your little heart going to be made of stuffy-wub-wub? are they going to go killey-chum-chums? are they going to put your coldy woldy body wod into the groundy wound are they?”

Also omg Hugh Laurie used to be such a fox.

110. i’ve never seen that before. super funny!

111. HE IS TOO ADORABLE. *squishes*