Her eyes are bigger than her pouches!

Oh, let me just go in here for a quick bite…

This doorway shrinks by the day!

SPLORF! [cheek pouches push out] OOF!

Sender-Inner Jessica says Coco needs a belly band.

Comments

1. The cheeks kinda remind me of Quagmire from Family Guy!

2. She needs a double-wide!

3. We’re gonna need a bigger home.

4. Poor thing, those edges look a little rough.. can’t he get a bigger house? Shoebox? Anything?

5. :(

6. [Jerry Seinfeld voice] Didja ever notice that the home we grew up in seems so small when we go back to visit years later?

7. It’s not bigger on the inside darn it!

8. I think it’s the hammie’s fault the edges are rough. They look chewed on to me.

9. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!! says:

1) WOOT MEG is in “Da House” WOOT
    2) “Cute or Sad” Tag?????

however, I’ma go fer Cute.
    (With the Clause, which assumes, that the human associated with this’here Critter did a ResQte, soon after these photos were took……)

10. Cheek embiggenation, `a la Geoffrey Palmer.

11. Gigi (the original one) says:

Looks like my uncle Yvon after Thanksgiving LOL!

12. In serious Chief Brody voice: “We’re gonna’ need a bigger boat…”

13. Disapproving hamster disapproves of too-small house.

14. Giggity!

15. That is the best disapproving ham I have ever seen! The ending pig leeps are the best!

16. Queen of Dork says:

Heiney! Heiney! Ham Butt Alert!

17. Brittany F says:

“DON’T JUDGE ME” Hovertext made me fall out of my chair laughing, no joke.
    Also, this ham needs a not-plastic house, STAT. Chewing plastic is harmful for hammies.

18. GingerBean says:

It’s the Catch 22 of owning a hamster. Get a too-big “house” and they won’t use it. Get a too-small “house”, or at least one with a too-small entrance and they’ll use it all the time but you’ll wonder each time if they’re gonna make it or if you’re going to have to rescue them.
    I have a giant Syrian hamster that it is impossible to find stuff for in pet stores. They all cater to the dwarf hamsters. So I see him squeeze through tubes like this all the time.
    I agree that plastic ham houses=not good. They chew and ingest that. :(

19. bookmonstercats says:

@dub1, I was racking my brains trying to think who ham looked like in pic #3. Exactly right.

20. Once A Fish says:

I think the hammie wants to be just like the Embiggernated kitty from the previous post.

21. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

….er….she IS a double-wide :) !!!!

22. Looking at that last picture, I hear Marlon Brando…”Eh, make him an offer he can’t refuse.”

23. It’s Winnie The Pooh at Rabbit’s house!!

24. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

HA HA, to the 18th degree. Quite a nice assessment, there!
    I was just thinking “Grumpeh Guinea” as I opened the list of comments.

25. But she looks so sad in last pictures :(

26. my cat and your cat are the same person!

27. i love, love this website :) keep it up guys!

28. Ehn!

29. Hey guys,

sorry but this post isnt cute at all!!
    the poor hammi has a far too small house – with his big cheeks he will hurt himself by getting in or out his house.. please, can anybody send a message to the hammis’ owner and recommend them to buy a big and species-appropriate home? he even hasnt got enough bedding in his cage.. its really sad!! :(

(if you dont know, how wonderful those small pets can live, please take a look at this blog: http://hamstergehege.blogspot.com/ )

30. even though there is a strong whiff of nuff, the link is to a nice german site about making your own hamster houses.

31. Hi Julia,

as Coco’s owner, I appreciate your comments! You can rest assured that Coco was very well cared for in her life and recieved lots of love. There is no bedding in her house because she had just had a cage clean-out and preferred to make her own bed! So I just put her lovely fluffy bedding in the cage and she chose where to sleep. She always had a bigger tissue box to sleep in but always chose her house. In the UK this size house is common issue for syrian hamsters, but I agree that once fully grown, they are too small when the hamster has full pouches, so I have got a bigger one for my current hamster.

I am an experienced hamster owner and as all you hamster owners know hamsters gnaw everything!!! I personally think plastic houses are better than wooden alternatives because they are easier to clean. But there you go!!! my hamsters always have plenty of gnawing toys and bars to gnaw too.

Have a nice day!!