Are You Thinking What I’m Thinking?

CATNIP FALLS, CT — Surgeons at Mercy Me Medical Center separated two kitties who were joined at the head.

Because the kitties shared a single brain, an agreement has been reached…

…for each kitty to use the brain on alternate days.

Kate N. says: “Here are our kittehs Max and Gracie, stuffed after Thanksgiving turkey. Max (left) was nice enough to welcome Gracie into the family after she and her sisters were born in a shed near our yard. Now they are best friends!”

Comments

1. *melts*

2. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I think they may be more than friends. :)

3. warrior rabbit says:

Better than being joined at the pussterior…

4. SO sweet! >^.^<

I hope Gracie's sisters also found someone to love!

5. 260Oakley says:

Looks like these guys have plenty of gray matter between them. I believe they are actually joined at the axis of snorgling.

6. I’m pretty sure that my cats have one brain between them but I don’t think that’s what they mean.

7. I think they were twins, seperated at birth!

260Oakley – Axis of Snorgling!!! You slay me! ;)

8. hey, my feed reader said there was a fox post… wha’happened?!

9. I’m still smiling at “Mercy Me Medical Center.” :D

That’s some sweet kitty lovin’ right there.

10. 260Oakley says:

Wish I could claim Axis of Snorgling, but it’s all Meg. Check out “snorgling” in the CO glossary!

11. Adorable photos! I love Max’s bright pink nose and the contented kitty grins in the first shot.

12. Peace on Earth and goodwill to all cats.

13. awwww… I love to see two non-related kitties giving eachother love! So sweet!

14. My brother swears that my twin and I share a brain! Annnnnnnd… We used to be cute like those sweet putty tats!

Another fine post, NTMTOM! Hovertexts are amazing, as usual.

15. warrior rabbit says:

Sigh. It caused me to have “ohhhh, mercy, mercy me” running through my head. Still there, too. But, Marvin Gaye… could have been worse.

16. OMG, all my teeth just fell out! Cuddlesnugglewuggle!

17. KITTIES! :)

18. That last picture = pure contentment.

19. Holy carp, I’m now all meltored. Such fluffy sweetness. I can hear the purrs!

20. This image would make a good Christmas card, wouldn’t it?

21. D´aawwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :D

22. Gigi (the original one) says:

He’s my brother from a another mother :D

23. ScoutsMom says:

These are such precious pictures. I have been thinking of adopting a little brother for Scout, but I am unsure how she’d handle it. She’s been an only kitty for a long time. But I worry cause she’s home alone all day. This makes me think it is definitely possible.

24. my reaction exactly!

25. I love kitty noses. I love pink ones AND black ones.

26. Gigi (the original one) says:

Older cats tend to accept young kitten more easily than older ones.
    When I brought my two female babies home at 8 and 9 weeks old, my 3 older cats (female 10 and 2 males 9 years old at the time) had no problems with them. But the two older males had a litlle who”s the boss competition with the 7th month old male that came at the same time.

27. “Look Ma, two heads are better than one.”

28. LeAnn (not LeAnna or Lee Ann) says:

Oy, the snuggliness!

29. Beth covered in cat hair says:

BAHAHAHAHA! That’s a good one!

30. bookmonstercats says:

Or Robert Palmer, @warrior….

31. Ho ho warrior You made me crack up!

32. bookmonstercats says:

Handsome Max will surely have accepted pretty Gracie because she complements his good looks so beautifully.

“And don’t call me Shirley”. RIP Leslie Neilson. Gagging away in Heaven.

33. skippymom says:

My Eddy has a brick-colored nose. I think you would like that, as well.

34. I concur with Gigi…my older cats (both age 14) had new kitten brought in when they were 3, and then 2 more just this year. There was some hissing from the chief cat, but it was benign (ears were up) and no fights both times. This most recent addition was 2 kittens…especially with an older cat, the kittens will occupy each other and not bother the older as much as a solo kitten who wants to play a lot and may pester the older cat more than if she/he had a sibling to play with. It takes a bit of time till the household calms down (:)), but it is worth it. Good luck on whatever you decide!

35. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Theresa, did you know
    that in my Day Job, I’m a Sales Rep. for Dentures R Us???

JK

36. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Indeed.

37. My kitty Lily has a pink nose with an orange spot in the middle. Best nose ever!

38. I LOVE that!

39. You mean you are in business with CO? They make the teeth fall out, you furnish the replacements?

40. warrior rabbit says:

His passing saddened me, too. Luckily AMC ran Airplane! this week.

41. They wuv each other.

42. Such pwetty poosies!

43. My Chloe has an apricot-colored nose.

44. My ginger boy was two when I got him a companion (a nephew of his, as it later turned out) and there was a LOT of hissing, hating, growling and incredibly evil looks I’ve never ever seen before. … On day eight, I caught the ginger one giving the kitten a bath :D They still fight sometimes, but always snuggle up for sleep (:
    So… It’s worth a try. I suggest to rub the kitten with a blanket that belongs to your cat before the first contact – in order to make it smell less alien. I didn’t do that, actually. I wish I had. I tried to spray catnip on the kitten, but I’m not sure if that helped or just confused the older cat… (:

45. Christabel says:

The pink nose shines like a lighthouse here.

46. That is exactly how our two furbabies like to snuggle!

47. I wouldn’t put it past her to be involved in such a scheme. She’s a devious one.

48. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

who, ME????????

shoot. Y’all are jist takin’ ALL the fun
    outta things today…

49. Oh, the kitty noses in my house! We have pink (Gabby) and black (Murphy). There’s velvety dark espresso brown (Niko) and coral (Oscar). Murphy’s schnozzle is a sort of brick color, and baby Maggie’s is beautiful charcoal gray.

50. GREAT name for a girlkitteh!

51. I have a photo that I will have to submit for CO approval, showing baby Maggie on her back, reaching up with a paw to boop Oscar’s nose.

52. tesstricks says:

My cats use their brains every other day, too.

53. skippymom says:

I think maybe my Eddy had a conjoined twin and when they were separated the other one got all the brains.

54. I feel all the calmer just for looking at them. What divine love!

55. victoreia says:

*snicker*

56. Last picture is like when you just met someone and you fell madly in love. Oh to be young and free again……

57. gray, with gray whiskers that look blue when backlit. to go with gray pawpads.

58. “I haven’t seen anything like it since the Anita Bryant concert.”

59. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

well, I don’t unnerstand the system for obtaining CO approvals, however *I FOR ONE* certainly approve of the photo ALREADY!!!!!

60. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(pouts in the corner, lower lip poking out fiercely)

61. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(NOT EVEN BOTHERING TO STIFLE my reaction)

BWA ha HA!!!
    “Here, Anita; have some OJ on tha house!!! ” :)

62. Of all the places they could have sat and they decide to sit smooshed together like this! So cute!!! I think these 2 will be best buddies for life :)

63. I can’t believe they’re not litermates.

64. @ONHSID, don’t forget to stamp your little feet.

65. And mine! Made my day!

66. My kittehs do this all the time. They are littermates, adopted together from a no-kill shelter. Bonded pairs that “must be adopted together” tend to sit in the shelters for a long time- but look at the post above and you will see why taking on two kitties at once is totally worth it!

67. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

GOOD POINT!!!

(little right foot STAMP)
    (little left foot STAMP)

Resumes pouting posishe.

68. My awww for the day. What a couple of cuties.
    Please forgive my being ditzy, but Catnip Falls, CT is made up eh?

69. Scarleybelle says:

Ooo, pwetty! Would love to see!

70. Oh Max, I love you for taking Gracie into your heart ( and head apparently). Sweet Gracie….sleep tight you two.

71. When our neighbor brought over Dooley when he was a six month old kitty, our older cat, Smokie (who was 13 at the time) just sniffed and accepted him while our other cat, Badger (who was 9 at the time) YOWLED and HISSED like she was being attacked at Dooley for 3 weeks before she finally realized that Dooley was staying :twisted:

72. bookmonstercats says:

Hot!!!

73. Lewis n' Clark says:

unfortunately, one of my kitty’s noses is Hitler-esque; a little black square right in the middle of the pink!

74. Sadly the Great and wonderful, one and only Hon Gladys Amelia Anstruther had a pink nose and got cancer from the sun, when I went to cat rescue, I specified black noses which my two boy ‘Tom’ brothers have.

75. Impereal Leader says:

Now that we’ve taken over their hearts next it will be the world Ahhahhaha puiny earthlings

76. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Yikes!!

77. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

RIP HGAA.

I never heard anybody mention before today,
    to look for dark noses in re. skin pigment for a pet but — especially here in semi-tropical Florida (where the intensity of the sunrise can illuminate your bedroom like a ballroom, first thing in the morning) — it’s a wonderful guideline!

Wow. Learning new facts is uber-fun!!