The Firefox Stream

Today, Mozilla announced a live “firefox” stream–24-hours of two red panda cubs at The Knoxville Zoo. You can submit a panda name and help them earn treats. [head tilt]

Sender-Inner Shannon says you can learn more here!

Comments

1. Oh my GOSH! Happy panda!

2. I just submitted two names: Puddin’ Pie and Sweet SugarLump.

3. PS: What does a red panda voice sound like? Is it like a high little helium chipmunk voice?

4. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! (splode !)

5. Cutie.

6. Chattphotos says:

My submissions are Keiko and Sora :)

She knows she is cute, hard… to… escape… such levels of cuteness!

7. Submitted: “Monium” and “Nehru”

It was sleepytime down south when I checked the cam.

8. LunaGirl11 says:

Firefox rules, how friggin cute!

9. kibblenibble says:

She is smilingk! :-)

10. yay! “Like squeezing my computer to bits” is leading!

11. 10:26 PM Nashville time. Time to wake up and nibble the bamboo, while Mommy runs off to pee and whatever else she does in the middle of the night.

10:28: Annnnd…. “I’m outta here.”

12. Catsquatch says:

My submissions:

Sidhe and Sahia

They are just too cute :)

13. I WANT TO NOM THOSE EARSES!!!!

ooops sorry, excess enthusiasm here

(and *beep* that nose!)

14. happypiano says:

double rainbow guy =D

15. My submissions: Sachiyuki and Kashiyuka.

Red Panda voice hahaha! Oh yes….I can hear it already.

16. This is totally unfair marketing. I really want them to have a jungle gym but Chrome is just so much faster…

17. Stressfactor says:

First thought: Awwww happy panda!

Second thought: Why is the happy panda standing on one of those fuzzy toilet seat covers?

18. Anna/minigoth says:

OK, so now I know what I’ll be doing for the rest of the day—

…..SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!

19. Omg omg omg I LOVE red pandas!!!! This is heaven calling to me! Through a computer screen! *dies*

20. Anna/minigoth says:

I really want them to have a jungle gym too, but I’ve already downloaded Firefox ages ago :-(

21. They’re up and about! Cuteing all over the place! :D

22. *Update*!

RED PANDA LYING ON LOG
    NOW SEEMINGLY FALLING OFF LOG
    NOW STRUGGLING BACK UP
    NOW LYING ON LOG AGAIN

It’s 1:20am in Sydney and I am not getting sleep tonight

23. Bumble!!!!!

24. skippymom says:

This panda has exactly the same smile as my favorite library school professor, who is no longer with us. Seeing his smile on a cute animal makes me very happy.

25. Best marketing stunt EVER. Clever peeps over at Firefox.

26. Wrestling with each other this morning! So adorable!!!!!!

27. skippymom says:

I think it sounds just like your voice, Theresa!

28. That nose is so BEEPABLE.

29. Hey what happened to Digit?

30. skippymom says:

Yeah, what the heck?

31. skippymom says:

Maybe Theo kidnapped him.

32. I was wondering that myself!

33. I rather think it has a Broderick Crawford growl — from too much bourbon and too many cigars.

34. victoreia says:

Glad I’m not the only one with that dilemma! [sigh]

35. Uhhhhhh…you both realize that this is the new edition of Firefox 4? You probably have Firefox 3 point something-or-other. It’s not like you just download a browser and never update it again…

You can also uninstall your previous version and download the new one. Not so difficult. :)

36. Given that they are both girls, I suggested Augusta and Kit, in honor of Canada’s Greatest Superhero!

37. He must have been an extremely popular man ;-))

38. I’m so close to them! I may have to drive over to Knoxville…

39. I looooove Red Pandas!!! So going to name them now!

40. I chose Butter & Scotch!

41. S.J. Hartsfield says:

Submitted “Cosmo” and “Nation.” Come on, any other Shock Treatment fans out there?

42. Billie!

43. Oh my goodness, they’ve just gotten their new jungle gym. They look like they’re having loads of fun. Of course they would be having MORE fun if I was in there hugging on them, but they’re managing.