Well, There Goes My Morning…

First, the alarm doesn’t go off. Then, the toaster burns my toast. And now the snowplow’s running late. What else can go wrong today?

Lindsay B. says this is a miniature horse, so maybe the snow isn’t as deep as it looks.

1. Not to worry, little guy. I will gladly carry you the rest of the way (provided I get to take you home for some wee snuggles and boops).

2. and *ahem* if my voice sounds funny, don’t worry, I’m just a little horse.

3. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

4. 260Oakley says:

I believe the wee horsie just wants to leave a deposit in the Snow Bank.

5. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

the *”Wee”* …….(giggle)

7. Get that baby back in the barn!

8. Cambridge Rat Mom says:

With a kick-ass winter coat to keep him/her warm!

9. Aren’t his/her feet getting cold out there? Maybe he has booties on… Yea, yea, that’s it… I’ll imagine that he’s got booties on… And leg warmers… Yea, yea, leg warmers and booties… (Happy place happy place)

10. You can get sneakers for mini-horses – they are pretty much required for guide horses (little hooves are hard on floors!)

See upper right for little horse wearing sneakers.

11. OH my gosh… How cute is that?! I squeed my way through at least half of those pics!! Ok, I feel better now… So, for the record, this little snow-bound horsie has on sneaks… I’m cool with tat… Thanks BB/VA!!! :)

12. Andi in NC says:

That was awesome – thanks for link!~

13. victoreia says:

*blink* Guide horse?!? OMG!!!!!!!!! [ded]

14. But you do look dashing in the snow!

15. I don’t think s/he is dashing – s/he looks kinda stuck to me…

16. Believe me, he went out in the snow willingly! They made paths for themselves by hopping through it, kind of like dogs do.

17. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Julie:

(“and-a-one and-a-two…”) :)

Dashing through the snow
    In a one-horse open sleigh
    Through the fields we go
    Laughing all the way… (“Ha ha ha..”).

Bells on bob-tail ring
    Making spirits bright
    What fun it is to ride and sing
    A sleighing song tonight!!!

18. OHHHHHHH….Jingle Bells,
    Jingle bells,
    Jingle all the way….

19. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Nice joinin’ in, there!!! :)

20. “I will make it to the North Pole, Santa WILL take me as the newest reindeer….”

21. He’s just horsing around in the snow.

22. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

verreh nice, Ma’am!!

23. Bring him in and give him some cocoa!

24. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Don’t forget the teeny-tiny marshmallows.
    They are the whole POINT of drinking hot cocoa! :)

25. Just fixed mahself a cup…WIF marshmallows of course.

26. He IS a tiny marshmallow!

27. Marshmallows and cocoa is not practiced in the UK, well ; perhaps under licence.
    It sounds a bit sickly sweet for me.

28. victoreia says:

@Hon Glad: you poor, deprived person! Cocoa is bestest with marshmallows! (Whipped cream is optional.)

29. (Whipped cream is optional.)

that’s a lie.

30. @Hon Glad, this is the first I have heard of some Brit objection to sickly sweetness!
    @Sharpy, very true, the whipped cream is obligatory. :mrgreen:

31. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

32. Those are the cutest tiny ears I have ever seen! Perhaps our small friend would not mind if I took just a wee nibble out of one…

33. Peeps, peeps, peeps, I’m not sure about this breed of horse, but horses grow gnarly winter coats, this wee horsey is probably plenty warm enough, especially taking into account that sweet blanket/coat/snuggie!

34. He’s actually clipped, since he stays in work during the year. So he has to be bundled!

35. Monorail horsie?

36. PS: The EARS, people.

37. Poor widdle horsey too widdle for the snow…

38. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

(psst: Sharpy’s RIGHT BEHIND YOU….)

39. *cue Jaws soundtrack*

40. AHEM.

*taps kara’s shoulder.*

41. Kara – Look at that yellow mark, cute horsey has widdled, in snow :)

42. Maybe we can rig up some snow shoes for this little one.

43. I want to see this creature attached to skis. That would be absolutely hilarious. Either that, or hooked up to a mini-sled driven by a monkey. With jingle bells. Oh yes.

44. Artax! Don’t let the sadness get to you!

45. Very nice literary reference CJ.

46. He looks like my van this morning. Luckily i got out of the driveway but i probably won’t get back in. My little dogs look like this when we get snow. Sometimes i do have to go rescue them from the snowbanks. Of course not right away. It is fun to laugh at them first.

47. Corgis in snow are hilarious. Like little leaping snowplows with ears…until somebody gets out there with a shovel and makes life easy again for them!

48. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

WHY would anybody want to get out there with a shovel, then?
    Except out of guilt, ‘o course …

49. obviously, duh.

you do realize that your little dogs are on “cutehumans.com” and are snickering about the vomit piles they’ll be hiding for you now, right?

50. Mary (the first) says:

I’m also picturing some little boots with fleecy lining, to match the coat.

51. I’m knitting a nice rainbow-colored with shiny gold threads scarf for him.

52. What else can go wrong today?

You arrive at your desk, to find security waiting, with a cardboard box,they then escort you off the premises :(

53. fleurdamour says:

Sorry for you. :(

54. fleurdamour – Thank you; but this hasn’t happened to me, although I have been made redundant back in the eighties, that’s why I do my current crap job :)

55. we all must have been redundant in the ’80’s ’cause we ALL have crap jobs……

i know it’s not original, I’ve just never typed that.

57. I’ll make it even better:

“ZOMG PONIES!!!!!!1!!!!!”

58. fleurdamour says:

My Little Snowny

59. Just for some perspective, he’s 30 inches at the withers.

60. I worry about the outside animals when it snows. We have 3 pet donkeys that keep getting out of the barn and it’s snowing hard here. My heart goes out to them. I wish they would just stay in the “warm” barn.