THIS JUST IN: Persian Proshness at 11

On the 1 to 5 Proshness Scale™, this baby Persian is an 11.

Can I get a witness:

Fave stills:

Annie M. is busy aiming for a 12 on her YouTubes. Thanks, Sender-Inner Lookforthewoman!

Comments

1. tinee tabbees
    tinee tabbees
    tinee tabbees

2. Eeeeeeeeek!

Are you sure that’s not a cat-erpillar?

3. So cute it hurts. Just pick him up already.

4. Eeeety beeety keeety!

Okay, I’ll stop now. Don’t know what came over me. Question for those of you who’ve raised abandoned or orphaned kittens before: have you found them to be, well, not terribly vocal unless they’re hungry? I noticed this about our Maggie kitten and I noticed it about Philo, whom we also hand-raised. I wonder if it’s a skill that doesn’t get developed if they’re not playing, socializing, and competing with siblings. When she’s hungry, there are meeps aplenty, but otherwise, she goes about her business in silence.

(I just submitted mega-prosh pix of Maggie and hope that they make the CO cut)

5. OMG the little baby meows! So pathetics.

6. Teeny! Tiny! Floofy! Roll-ey! Poll-ey! [ded]

What a great thing to see on a Monday! [ded. again.]

7. Amen!

8. I had heard that social meowing is more about interacting with humans than with other cats. Cats in the wild don’t, as a rule, meow amongst themselves. In my own experience adopting strays, they all started “talking” after a while of interacting with me — I’m very talky with them — and of course the reward for talking (i.e. interacting) with humans is more affection (at least at our house).

9. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

HalleLUJah and ALSO aMEN!!!

10. Dear Cute Overload,

Aren’t you worried that you’re killing off all your viewers with all this cuteness. Who will look at your pics and vids when we’re all ded from ‘splody heds?

11. My cats (litter mates, adopted as kittens) barely ever spoke until they were around 5 or 6 years old. One of them had an overnight vet stay and came back rather chatty, and the other one caught on within the week. Then they never stopped.

It was really funny because at first they were clearly experimenting with their new-found skill to see what it would accomplish. They’d try out a meow under various circumstances to see how I’d react.

After a while they developed three distinct meows: “Feed me”; “Wake up and feed me”; and, “I’m full, now make a lap and cuddle me.”

12. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Peanutcat:

…you might be a Newbie CO. We retain an entire Staff/ Emergen-C Cuteness Dept to mop up all the spilled rainbow, glitter, exploded heds, etc. QueenofDork is the Dept Head Fancy Person (but she only wirks the Night Shifts) and muttlover and I are the daytime staff :)

We generally tuck the patients into a bed, and assign something such as a hamster running on its wheel or fluffeh kittens and a lovely flower arrangement in each room until the patient has recuperated or until Nurse Steffie aka Queen has done the Brain Surgery.

13. That kitten is so cute that it doesn’t look real. How could anyone videotape that without dropping the camera and immediately snuggling that baby? What it must be like to be used to that level of cuteness!!!!

14. FancyNancy says:

WANT!!!

15. Way too cute. I want that kitty!

16. I second Peanutcat complaint: finally CO, have you no mercy?! Is it not enough that your loyal readers die a thousand deaths every day, only to be brought back the next day, to be subjected again to these tantalizing images, to ‘ded’ and ‘splod’ again? Have you no sense of mercy sir, at long last?

17. The cuteness has so mentally and emotionally overwhelmed me I am now on the floor, curled up in a fetal position, sucking my thumb.

Send help. And that kitten.

18. This pushed every maternal-instinct button that I have.
    I think my ovaries just asploded.

19. Thanks! I will start talking more to Maggie and see how it turns out.

20. FinnMacCool says:

That’s one of the Mythic Bell Persians!!! She raises some absolutely adorable kittehs. Check her out on YouTube. She has wonderful kittehs!

21. mobiustrip says:

help this dandelion has become mobile and is mewing

22. …the cute…it is burning…burning…

23. I have read that cats invented meowing to speak to humans and don’t use it amongst themselves. However, my Eddy will walk up to one of the other cats and meow at him or her. Of course, he is my mentally challenged one, and probably never got the memo about “only meow to your human”. Or if he got it he couldn’t read it.

24. Ooooh this kitty has the most adorable case of the squirmies!!! Such a little wiggler. Cute doesn’t even begin to describe it! :)

25. What a cute little bebbeh! When she began to mew my kitteh came over to see what was going on. Too cute!

26. With those eyes, she/he looks like an Ewok!! Truly, 300% cute!! :))

27. OMG at these pics. I am slayed.

28. “Roll, roll, roll in the hay”

29. THANK YOU. My Monday has been ultra craptastic and this just makes it better. What an adorable little ball of fluff.

30. can’t handle the cute…. that’s an ewok lookin kitten, with the dark eyes, fluffy head and mini meows….stop the madness…..

31. [thud]

32. Kettah squeaks, tounge to paw axchuns, and just tongue in general. That was so cute I slapped myself! Must norble on the cricket…

33. EDIT “… tongue to paw axchuns…” sheezzzzzz… stupid brain on squeaky kettah overload…

34. Snerkity Snerk Snerk… heee heee my favorite line.

35. My favorite still is at about 0:21 when Cricket licks her own little pawsicles.

36. Hi JBC –I used to be a JBC, too, but now I’m a JBCS!

Also — Ded from the qte!!!

37. Her cats are wonderful indeed, I check her channel daily!

38. The second video, with Cricket and Chewbacca helping to clean is even better.

39. Ayah-MENNNNNN, Sister MEG!! (I don’t think that kitteh is real. Nor are those squeaks… Nor the fuzzyess-maximus. Nor those round eyeballsies… Nor them pawses… Nor… *sigh*)

40. I keep thinking Cricket is trying to tell us something very important, but I can’t tell what it is!

41. Oh nurse! Nurse! my brain seems to have fallen out of my head when it sploded from the qte. Do I have to clean the glitter off before I try to put it back?

42. “Your soul is mine.”

43. OMG soooooo sweeet – is there a dentist in the house :o)

44. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
    Splort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I die

45. OMG…tiny baby kitten…barely audible squeakings…too cute…brain melting…*thud*

46. warrior rabbit says:

Dammit, Jim, I’m a doctor, not a… I mean, dang it, I was going to say that!

47. I have never ever ever seen anything so unbelievably cute. My breathing kind of stopped and then did this weird shudder of disbelieving joy when the camera zoomed over her.

:24 is the bestest part.

48. I love the little mews. <3

49. SOO CUTE. I can’t stand it, I just want to cuddle her!!

50. Too cute, too cute! Mwah!

51. How can anything be this cute?!?!?! I’m gonna pass out now!!!!!

52. I think I shall never see a thing as lovely as a tiny squee!

53. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

(sound of head exploding)

54. Mine too. I have zero maternal instinct with human babies, but this video caused me to emit sounds that only dogs can hear.

55. Okay, CO can just shut down now, because it is never going to find anything cuter than Cricket.

Well… maybe Jamin.

56. kisekileia says:

This is from the same breeder as Sequoia last year! I don’t understand how she can listen to those pathetic little mews and not pick up and cuddle the kitten.

57. Okay, I just yelled at the screen ‘pet the kittEEE!’ at the end of it. Fortunately no one was around to hear me…:p.

I. Want. Kitten.

58. Dear GOD help me!!

59. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

ghee hee hee

60. Queen of Dork says:

Oh good grief. This is just BEYOND CUTE! *prepares the ward*

61. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

wow the House UnAmerican Activities Comm. is back in session!!
    Who knew?

(see History Materials about J. McCarthy, Congress, mid 1950s)

62. paulajeanne says:

The squeaks! the squeaks! killers!

63. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

TheRESa; You MISSED a grammar detail from Young Frahnkensteen!!

Say it’isn’t SO!!!

Di-unt’cha MEAN to pronounce that:
    “Roll, roll, roll in ZEE hay”????????

Signed,
    Devastated

64. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

YAY TUM got in the t (squared), cubed bit, AND the first comment
    (looking around for Theo)

BLEEN for TUM!!!

65. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Applies bandaid and Bactine. Hands a daisy.

66. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Hands a “white noise” set of headphones,
    a handful of marigolds and baby’s breath; and a chocolate cupcake.

67. Lewis n' Clark says:

at the beginning, I honestly think Cricket was trying to reach her butt to lick it, but was stymied by extreme floofiness

68. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Hands a bowl of ripe strawberries, another bowl of powdered sugar and
    a teddy bear in a tuxedo.

69. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Assigns Candy Striper (gender not specified) to Mouth to Mouth Resucitation. Supplies with a hamster in a rolling wheel in a cage,
    and six orange mums with Queen Anne’s Lace in a vase.

70. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Calls the Emergency Cute Rescue Dept and dispatches.

With banky. Fluffy banky. Polka dots.

71. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

For Maeby: prescribes hormones.

Applies cold compress to forehead and warm compress to tum-tum.
    Hands porcelain Merry Go Round musicbox.

72. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Retrieves from “Slayed” Department and applies Defibrillator.

Hands a beagle puppy. With a western-style kerchief around its neck.

73. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

OMG now even my attempts at RESCUE are being impaled
    by the Big Green Moderashun Machine.

Signed,
    GAH

74. Uh oh, Rhea…. Are YOU ready for a throwdown???!?!!

75. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Tucks into a [ded] bed. Places bebeh goat w/ goofy teef in the room.
    Places bouquet of lilies of the valley on the bedside table, with a
    pitcher of orange juice.

(sorry ’bout the OJ; Nurse Steffie said it was Medically Necessary) :)

76. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Oh No, no dearie; we’ll take care of that.
    You just lie back and relax, Sweetie-Pie Honeybunch!!

(We here in the South believe
    rather strongly, in that “emotional attachment” stuff….)

Hands RC Cola & a Moonpie. Places a Large Red Stuffed-Toy Heart in Gigi’s arms. Inflates several cheerful balloons.

Strides brisky out of room in Standard Issue Squeaky Nurse Shoes, with brain to clean it with Lysol before Nurse Steffie arrives for the Brain Surgery.

77. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Gigi– the Nurse is in your room but the B.G.ModerashunM. is attacking my rescue attempts. Please lie back for now until my rescue activities have been previewed. Thankyew. Thankyeverrmuch.

78. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(sigh)

Applies Defibrillator.
    Hands a Strawberry Shortcake Doll and a Simonscat book.

79. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Uses turkey baster to collect spilt brain matter.

Hands an (ARTIFICIAL) furry Koala Bear, like the one my Da’ brought me from Australia in the 1970s and a Twinkie.

Tucks patient into bed. Brings an arrangement of
    Daffodils in a vase and places them onto bedside table.

Tucks lock of hair behind ear, under Standard Issue Nurse’s Cap.
    Strides efficiently down the Hall.

80. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(sigh)

Could you wait on passing out, until the Next Shift arrives? No?

(tucks into next Available Bed).
    Places baby rhino in room.
    Places small pottery vase, overflowing with violets, on bedside table.

81. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

I”M GONNA ‘xpress my opeenion on this one. Kitten = MUCHO cuter than Jamin. I KNOW I KNOW I’m in the minority on that one, but b’lieve me I’ve stifled this on about the first three rounds of Jamin; then Jamin the Sequel, etc.

Sure, he’s fine but sheesh. KITTENS ARE IN CHARGE, peeps.
    Or maybe Meg. or maybe Simonscat or Maru.

No, wait, it’s Skippymom. SHE’s in charge.
    Yeah, that’s it!!!

82. Oh Theresa, that is one deadly video! How anything gets done in that house beyond snuggling these sweetpeas is beyond me!

83. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Gets broom, mop, dustpan and bucket outta broom closet.
    Fills bucket with soapy water.

Assigns Candy Striper (gender not specified) to tend to patient.
    Sets up triangular yellow “Wet/ Danger” sign.

Calls Dispatch to see whether they’ve successfully picked up tenkits yet.

84. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

OH GOOD THE CAVALRY are here now. WHEW!!!

85. That is the most darling little baby I have seen in a long time and the baby crys you can’t get any cuter

86. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ marthava re. Rhea:

“been there, done that.”

No harm intended, Rhea :)

87. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

applies Bactine and bandage.

Hands three servings of Cotton Candy and oversize, striped Lollipop.

88. What Cricket ? …… Timmy’s stuck in the well again?
    ( what a SQUIRMY WORMY!!!!)

89. Oh no, you mean I was deficient in my rendering of fake-vaguely-Mitteleuropean -comic- movie-accent-speak? :oops:

90. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Hands a Thesaurus.

91. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

and they SQUEAL, to help the dustpan work bettuw!! :)

92. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

and when it DOES (?) get released, the adverb in the 7th Line of Text, was supposed to read “brisKly”, NOT “brisly”.

gah.

93. The pink mouf!

The paw wavinkgs!

The prosh face!

It’s nearly impossible to comprehend that something is that adorable in the real world.

94. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

IMHO, another good capshon opshon fur tha widdwe kitteh
    (at least for the segment up to 45 seconds) …. woulda coulda been:

“Weebles wobble, but they don’t fall down!” :)

95. !!!

I was fine until that bitty ‘mew!’ Gah!! I need a kitten, STAT!

96. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

well, y’know, we all gotta have our crosses to bear :)

You sure ain’t got menny deficiencies in re. dialogue/punchline deliveries and you’re the Queen of Video Retrieval THAT’s fer shur yahyewbetcha! :)

(just in case ennyone’s a-wond’rin': my own use of “ain’t” and other grammar/ misspellings in MY bits, is being deployed as an Early Warning System, in case me Mudder ever begins reading the Comments on CO.
    I’ll need a head start, to get outta town FAST….
    She’s RUTHLESS.

and nope, there were no daughters named Ruth chez les Tomas’ in the Den with the Orange Swingy-backed chair of Fame.)

97. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Which design/ color scheme kitten will you need?
    We have a Wide Range of Choices here at the CO Hospital.

98. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Uses same medical procedures.

Hands a huge armful of wildflowers, with all buggies except Ladybugs removed. Also hands pastel-striped hammock and acorns to plant an Oak Tree in the Spring, and a pitcher of ice-cold Lemonade.

99. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

note:
    intended to clearly indicate “same medical procedures” as for Maeby. Thank you.

100. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Pages the Dental Cute Department; and
    the Diabetes Department, just to be on the safe side.

101. OH. MY. GOD.

My head just exploded!!

102. I would help out in that house by snuggling those little kitties while everyone is sweeping up the place :D Of course, getting me to stop is another thing :twisted:

103. *notes all the exploded brain glitter all over the CO Dream Office floor*

*watches kitteh video again*

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! *splode*

…dammit…

Also, ONH/S/ID: too funny

104. ^^ this ^^

105. ….I feel like I just cheated on my pomeranian…

106. I think my heart just broke because I don’t have one of these kittehs. I hope the CO resqte dept. can fix thiis. I used to have kittehs, but they are gone now and I have a Morkie puppeh, but she isn’t THIS cute, tho she is a very funny little clown of a puppeh. How is the dept. record on fixin broke hearts?

107. Molly (Mythicbells aka Cat Lady holding the camera) is the bestest kittayn owner ever :) I have her subbed and squeal almost daily.

108. You just triggered a ferocious flashback. My uncle was in the Merchant Marine and when I was about five years old, he brought me a koala bear from Australia. Being five and not very creative, I named it, “Koala,” or sometimes, “Korwalla.” Thanks for the memories!

109. The Proshness Scale just got broken. This is cute on a nuclear scale! I think I need to watch that a few more times……

110. Rhea, I agree, on both counts!

111. Andi from NC says:

The ginormous forehead with eyes starting halfway down!!! The “10 and 2″ perfectly symmetrical ears!! Love it when momma says “now don’t wear yourself out” as precious Cricket tries to right herself from the “turtle on its back” posishe!! Then finally – THE BEBEH SQWEEKS!!! PEOPLE, DID YOU HEAR THOSE BEBEH SQWEEKS!!! *head spins then collapse*

112. Andi from NC says:

by the way, I dare the Japanese to outdo this level of cute…..

113. Andi from NC says:

hysterical!

114. Lucy's Mommeh says:

Miss Lucy seems to be a very quiet little girl. I snagged her from outdoors when she was about 5 weeks old. She knew what cat food was & what to do wit it. To this day, she’s a very quiet cat, meeping only when REALLY needed. Totally different from our other previous outdoor cat, whose mouth goes when you talk to her. I don’t know if it’s because she (Tabitha) is 1/2 siamese-her mom was a tortie siamese.

115. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!
    RC and a Moonpie? You channeling Dave Gardner (Brother Dave)

116. Oh gawddang that’s QTE! Just what I needed.

117. shmoopie poopie says:

Oh no… my little one (Well.. she’s 2 now) was orphaned when she was about 6 weeks and she is terribly vocal. She wasn’t very “Meow-y” when she was a kitteh, but now that she’s older she talks to me quite a bit. Usually, she’s telling my husband off because he’s kicked her out from under the covers on the bed. ;-)

118. Oh, but that’s easy! Cricket is telling her human to put down the stinkin’ videocamera and PET HER DARN IT!

How the heck this human resisted that I don’t know.

119. i can’t handle this ginormous dose of the qte.

120. :lol:

121. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!! says:

122. Awwwwwwwww! I can witness!

123. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!! says:

:) :)

124. It burns!

125. Gobsmacked, I
    Testify:
    Oh, my gosh,
    Too too prosh!

126. snorglepup says:

Dear CO,
    Each time I visit this Happy Place of the Mind, I am never disappointed.
    Not only are my endorphen levels charged to deal with the rest of the world,
    I also learn something useful (or not) from the wealth of knowledge shared by
    this community of kindred spirits.
    Today I am impressed by the personal responsibility you take in your viewers.
    When cute levels are dangerously or lethal, you always have a well trained staff
    on call. I’m not sure how O No and Q of D know the perfect medication and dosage each patient requires, but I for one am grateful for all their hard work and expertise in their chosen field. I feel very safe here.Thank you.
    * leaves a large tray of warm cookies to be enjoyed by all.

127. I’ve read that the meow sound cats make with people is actually a combination of two sounds they use with each other. The “m” sound is was said to be a friendly greeting and the “eow” is aggresive. Generally, it’s only when interacting with humans that cats put both sounds together. I’ve also read that cats who make little sound are very content and happy.

128. OMG I AM GOING TO DIE RIGHT NOW.

129. OMG… my ovaries just exploded.

130. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen, and I have grandchildren.

131. Squidsticks says:

Oh god. When I started watching this, all I could do was make incoherent noises. Boyfriend got suspicious and asked what the heck was wrong with me, and when I tried to explain, more gibberish came out. I ended up playing the video to him, and watched his face twitch as he tried to resist the cuteness.

It devoured him after about a minute of the clip though.

132. Shameless bragging –

I have one of these – she’s older (8 months) – but still cute as can be.

Best decision I’ve made in a very long time!

133. I.AM.SOOO.DED.OF.CUTE. *thud*

134. Why? WHY are you not snuggling it?!?!?!?!!?

135. Check out Squirmy McSquirmersons.

136. Not. Fair.
    I squee’d a lil’ too hardcore for even my own tastes at this. What with the squeeks and early meows sounding like a mix between a squeek toy for dogs and those plastic whistles w/ the whirling parts inside I got as a kid at the fair. Simply… heartmelting.

137. Ouch. That one hurt.

138. *waaannnt*

139. It’s like on one of them fancy cooking shows, where they got all the ingredients already measured out into tiny little bowls.

140. I will!!! Wannnnttt!!

141. Peanut's mama says:

Lady sounds ALOT like Sequoia’s mommy. ONE IN THE SAME?!?!?

If so, she needs to be arrested for breeding lethal cuteness!!!!!!

142. Peanut's mama says:

LOL ME TOO! Human babies are overrated. GIMME KITTEH!!!!!!

143. Peanut's mama says:

Is this Sequoia’s mom?!?!? Voice sounds very familiar. LOVE HER BABIES!

144. Yes

145. I don’t even LIKE persians, but I’m overloaded on this one! Want, want, want!!!

146. Quick blow on it to disperse its power wait all you did was spread the seeds around WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE

147. Gail White says:

THUD!
    (Another death attriibutable to heart-stopping proshness).

148. I can’t get over how cute Cricket is!!! I just love the little squeaky meows :D

149. Sigh. Much better. Thanks, ONSHID!

150. I almost died. This video gave me chest pains because it is that adorable.

151. OMG!!! Cute overload for sure!