“I Kissed a Cat and I Liked It”

Except for the milk mustache, that part was gross.

You have excellent taste, Alexander G.

1. cyberpunkrocker says:

I kissed a chipmunk and I liked it, too

2. Oh pleeeaaaaase tell me this pic has a happy ending!

*Picturing kitty cat and chipmunk becoming the best of friends and playing in the grass together*

3. My goodness, that is one bold chipmunk!

4. Threshique says:
  5. this is very charming! i think the voiceover is what we sound like to our pets.

6. bookmonstercats says:

Goodnesses me *faintly* what a bold – and fortunate – chipmunk.

Glad for the happy ending.

7. I don’t mean to sound like a pedantic jerk, but that’s a baby European squirrel, not a baby chipmunk. Chipmunks always have stripes on their backs, whereas squirrels don’t.

As a person that took in a baby squirrel, it got along just fine with my cat. So long as the squirrel stayed away from the cat’s food dish, there were no arguments between them. They pretty much went about their business as usual, and on the rare occasion you’d see them snuggling.

It’s not that the cat wasn’t a hunter – it caught a couple of mice – but because it “knew” it was an (injured) baby squirrel it left it alone. The squirrel ended up dying of what I presume to be epilepsy (or some other nerve disorder with similar symptoms), which we didn’t even know about until a week or so before its death.

[When I found it on a late October rainy day, I thought that it had fallen out of its nest. I tried to put it back the next day, however it followed me back home. I assumed its mom had kicked it out of its nest, and planned on releasing it back into the wild the following spring; it died in January, so I guess its mom knew it all along :( ]

8. Where does it say “baby” chipmunk. It sure looks like a chipmunk to me. Where was this photo taken – in Europe? Where is this information located?

9. We have this same animal in our yard and we call them Chipmunks here in PA.

10. Kermit: Cute (and sad) story.

margimarz & violet: I think kermit’s talking the one in the video. That looks like a European sqwerl (red!), and maybe a baby one (such a beeg head! It has its own moons). The lil’ guy in the picture has stripes, just like kermit describes, so I’m sure s/he’d agree its a chippymunk.

11. Margimarz –

Cath is right; I was referring to the baby European red squirrel in the video, not the picture of the chipmunk in the blog entry. Sorry, I thought it was obvious since I wrote my comment as a reply to the video, not a new comment.

12. Baby sqwerl: “Are you my momma?”

13. ees that the Looney Tunes ducklet talking ?

14. This story cannot have a happy ending. Either a) And then the cat ate the chipmunk. Or b) And then the chipmunk bit the cat on the nose.

15. Threshique says:

The voiceover explains that the sender-inner of the video is also the owner of the cat, a cat that is a experienced hunter. He claims that everything ended happily, and that the squirrel-mother was probably close by during the whole time, wich could explain the boldness of the youngster. In Swedish of course.

16. Is the couple in the video the same as the one in the pic? In video, the cat looks more splotchy, and the squirrel-munk doesn’t seem to be striped.

17. I believe it’s two different videos. The first one is a chipmunk (stripes on its back,) the second is a baby squirrel with an entirely different cat.

18. Threshique says:

sorry, I guess I should have been more clear, i just posted the video since it reminded me so much of the pic… so awesomely cute.

19. spank you!

20. “….the taste of her catnip chapstick….”

21. (The Original) Mel says:

Oh, you made my day.

22. I love cats says:

23. Kathleen in Canada says:

24. Andi from NC says:

In my best “Bill Murray in Ghostbusters voice” : Cats and chipmunks living together!!!!!

25. “Mass hysteria!”

26. Hello, My name is Indigo Munktoya.
    You killed my father.
    Prepare to die.

27. Stop saying that!

28. Hello, My name is Indigo Munktoya.
    You killed my father.
    Prepare to die.

29. It’s “Montoya.”

30. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(I think Gigi might have been trying to do the whole -chip-“munk”/ puns bit …)

31. If we’re being pedantic, I should probably point out that it’s “Inigo.” >_>;

32. “Give us the gate key.”

33. Sweet gentle kitty! Yay! Cat’s rule!

34. This has made me inexplicably happy. :D

35. “I hope my sqwerl boyfriend dont mind it”

36. I love cats says:

Oh boy! If ever her sqwerl BF finds out…………….I’ve seen sqwerl’s throw some mean punches…

37. warrior rabbit says:

Sniffingks! Yay for non-noms and happy endingks!

38. “Your breath does smell like cat food.”

39. FTWLOL!

40. I love this picture. Inter species mingling always fascinates me. My cat and dog always sleep together.

41. “Listen Darlin’, I know you really want to meet my parents, and I really want them to meet you too…it’s just…well, I’ve never brought anyone to the nest before…”

42. I have entire families of chipmunks that have condos in my stone walls around my house, and they love to scamper around, yukking away, and occasionally driving my dog nuts. I love to watch them perch on the boulders and do the staring content – they usually win. Those chipmunks have been around for generations – guess they have found the right property to live.

44. Calm down now… the chipmunk is in the original photo posting. The squirrel is in the video posted up there at 5:05 am.

45. Fleurdamour says:

46. @cyberpunkrocker: The taste of his (her?) acorn chapstick?

47. I kissed quite a few cats and I liked it too! No chipmunks though. :/

48. Hmmm, embed code not working. Anyways, you guys got the link – enjoy! ;)

49. Trying again to embed video…

50. My boys like to play with little fury critters and sometimes bring them to visit.
    However the little visitors are either dead or dead with most of their body missing,or dead with only the green bit left that my boys don’t eat.

Nature red in tooth and claw.

51. “Chipmunks always have stripes on their backs, whereas squirrels don’t. ”

Kermit, in the posted picture, I see stripes on its back…ergo, chipmunk!

52. Sharpy – OK, come clean, you’ve turned the modder back on, haven’t you, and turned it up a notch. What did the Doctor say you must never do? don’t you remember, surely you do! *

* Major piss take alert :)

53. That squirrel is lucky :D Our cat, Dooley, would of been pounding the stuffings out of it.