I’m going commando

NO WAY am I wearing a peenk sweateuw.

Beady eyed righteous lambkins from Handsome Brook Farm. Spotted by Andrew M.

1. They’re mine!!

2. Oh yeah, tough guy? Let’s see how anti-peenk-sweateau you are come shearing season.

3. starlinguk says:

Purls of wisdom there, my friend …

4. *snerk*

p.s. starling, whenever I see your name, I don’t automatically separate it into starling+uk, it’s more like star+linguk
    and I don’t know what a linguk is, can you help a broad out, here? is it like Aer Lingus’ dingbat cousin?

5. That guy is such a knit-picker.

6. starlinguk says:

Perhaps he’s just a knit-wit.

7. oh that’s just baaad…

8. Ewe are a riot! *groan*

9. (grins sheepishly)

10. groan, giggle, groan

11. Moo!

12. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ (grins sheepishly)

or, perhaps I should say,

13. Stop it, I say! Stop it! LOL !

14. What’s the matter, you don’t like sheep laughs?

15. It’s bad enough when the office folks catch me talking to the computer; it’s worse when they find me on the floor, giggling madly!

(What? Doesn’t everybody talk to their computers?)

16. Thank you for the lambs. Now we must have updates about the CHIEF PUPPEH OFFICER! Is she adequately performing her duties?

17. I’m sure she’s more-than-adequately performing her doodies, at least…

18. I don’t so much talk to my computer as swear at it.

19. Well, to be fair, I wouldn’t want to wear a sweater made out of my relatives either.

20. crystalrabbit7 says:

Or one with a pink Scottie on the back.

21. maybe it’s having an identity crisis!?

22. Identity Crisis?

23. But….. it’s not made out of her relatives. That would involve entrails or skin or some such, and that would be gross. It could possibly be made out of the hair of animals belonging to the same species, but she can’t know if anyone she knew contributed, and hey, it grows back. So lamby, quit’cher baaawlin’ and wear the sweater! Cuz baby, it’s cold outside….

24. Would you wear a scarf of human hair? No. Because it’s creepy.

25. hey, let’s not be so quick to judge! i bet lady gaga would!

26. Lady Gaga would probably wear a sweater made out of entrails…

27. there is at least one artist i’ve read about who makes dresses out of meat. but that’s nuff-bait if i ever saw it.

28. lizcavaliere says:

Does anyone else want to pull his lamby-ears and nuzzle his pink nose, or is it just me???

29. Just ewe.

30. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

I’m a bit more standard. I wanna BEEP his/ her nose.
    But yeah, rubbing his/ her fuzzy ears sounds enjoyable too.

31. I do that to my dogs all the time.

32. I so needed to see this lamb-commando today. Thanks!

33. BEEP!

34. I will knit him a blue sweatur. err… can you lend me some yarn???

35. What’s a Z-smap? I think the M should be an N.

36. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

oooh good I’m not the only one who wondered about that.

37. Saint Stryfe says:

Are you the real one?

38. I dunno… I see the lambkins asking “Where’s my sweater?”

And I love the little scotty design on the other sweater. I want to hug them so bad!

39. Don’t you mean “so baaaaaad”?

40. Oh Skippies Mom YOU are so baaaaaa-D!!! :)

41. No, EWE are!!! (OK, that joke isn’t getting tired or anything….)

42. You tell em Lambkins, I go commando every night, us Honourable Anstruthers can take it. What with being brought up in a freezing 17th century Manor House and surviving the Rhadamanthine regime of Miss Beryl Scrapebucket D.Lit (Oxon)
    at the St Crumworth Academy for Wayward Girls, who needs jammies. Pah.

43. Luxury! We were brought up in a petri dish, and we were glad to get it!

44. But if you tell that to the kids these days, they won’t believe you.]

46. Yes, but will the lambs believe you? (blinking innocently)

47. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

no no no you could NOT have made a kids/ lambs cross-reference. Nope. I won’t believe that. It cannot be twue.

48. Petrie dish? You were LUCKY! We just had the lid to a cup of yogurt, all licked out…

49. We used to WISH for a yogurt lid!

50. starlinguk says:

51. Um. Was I the only one who thought, “Too. much. info.”?

Just checking.

52. starlinguk says:

I didn’t think much, I just went o_O

53. I just sent my boyfriend a link to the Handsome Brook Farm website. Farm stay with lambykins for vacation next summer?? Yes please!!

54. Lambing Season is usually Spring and Fall…. just so you get your timing down :)

Wait till you see them Leapen sproinging!

55. Little lambkins says:
    First off, do we look like dogs?
    Second my pal here is a dude! Got anything other than pink?

56. Personally, I think pink on an attractive dude looks great!

57. Oh, the door is open for my pink rant! I refuse to give my adorable little niece anything pink. Little girls are inundated in too much pink these days. Too much pink!!! There are other colors.

58. As a children’s librarian, I have to wear special prescription filter glasses that protect my eyes from all the pink on the little girls.

59. I once worked at a hardware store in the paint department. People frequently asked advice on what color paint to buy. When it came to babies rooms I joked that if it was a boy they could paint the room blue, and if it was a girl… they could paint the room blue.

60. I’m a girl, and I painted my room blue! (We won’t go into how old I was at the time…..)

61. My room is bright yellow. My dad said it would keep him up. I was just all, “They painted my room while I was gone! Cool!”

62. (The Original) Mel says:

I have convinced myself over the course of the last few minutes, that the best thing for this lamb and for me is for it to come visit me at my home (in downtown Dallas) and try on my sweaters.

63. So I went and perused their website too and OMG what a great vacation idea. I love it. of course I wake up to this pretty much everyday at my house but I would still love to go there.
    Do you think they have cats that you can borrow to sleep with at night?

64. I once stayed at a B&B in which the resident cats would visit you at night. :D

65. Baby sheepieeees!!! Aka natural lawn mowers!!

66. crrrazycatlady says:

That face looks somehow wise, kind and understanding. Can I spend Thanksgiving with him instead of my family?

67. Can I come with you, please?

68. There is a reason we didn’t go up to Tennessee to join my dad’s side of the family.

69. Looks to me as if the lamb is asking “do you also have a pretty sweater for me?”

70. He is unbelievably cute – assuming he is a he. I want to cuddle up with him on my sofa this winter. I won’t make him wear pink!!

71. If he is a he, watch out when he’s tupping.

72. the pink would totally match the nose, though, and it’s still nosevember.

73. kibblenibble says:

*kisses lambie just between his beady eyes*
    *is happy*

74. “I herd you wanted to put that sweateuw on me. Get the flock outta here with that thing!”

75. Very nice!

76. He looks like he’s just about ready to sproing off the page there!! With that little smile, I think he’s up to sumfing…

77. Hovertext: “Z-smap”? I would love a Z-Smap, if only I knew what it was! *perplexed*

78. It sounds like one of those fancy-schmancy GIS programs or something.

79. Make a z in the air with your hand and snap your fingers at the bottom.
    OR smap if you type badly like me! :)

80. Ooooooooooooooooooooohhh,
    Maresy doats and dosey doats
    And liddle lambswear sweateuws,
    A kiddlewear sweatewus too
    Wudden ewe?

81. Lewis n' Clark says:

wow! that’s lambtastic!

82. Jay in Oregon says:

And here I was expecting a TSA pat-down joke…

83. oh those…soulstealing eyes…
    do they ever give wool sweaters to sheep? that’s pretty messed up :D

84. Why? They don’t kill the sheep for their wool. If you give the lamb a sweater s/he’s surrounded by the wool of an ancestor or a family member. Sounds sweet, warm, and comfy to me!

85. I agree with Fern’s logic. However, how many humans would like a garment made out of human hair?

86. Miss Malice says:

Ohhh lambs why must you be so adorable *and* so delicious?

87. No, no – I think this little lamby needs a cute little pink hat with those fuzzy balls hanging down from it, so he/she and the rest of the little lambies can soft-kronsche them when they get stressed (as anyone living in a pen would)!

88. *snerk* You said “fuzzy balls.”

89. *double snerk!!!!*

90. Only if the fuzzy balls were made of hay or somethin.

And yes, I said “fuzzy balls” too.

91. Due to my selective but consistent use of a few CuteSpeak terms, my husband has the affliction now…he can’t say the word “sweatER” anymore either.
    Asked me where his “gray sweateuw” was yesterday. Very dignified.
    Thank you, Meg!!!

92. cute but my experience of lambs – not so smart

93. Sheep don’t get killed for their wool per se…but mulesing is a pretty messed up thing to do to a lamb.

94. jmrpottery says:

I have a peenk Sweateuw too!

95. Peeenk sweateuw! Adorable lamb, but can we please have a re-run of teh original peeenk sweateuw, with a kitteh inside? It killed me dead.

96. Sweatewuh... sweatyouah... sweatoh... says:

…how do you pronounce “sweateuw”, anyway?

97. *chuckles* With a Frawnshe accent, m’dear.

(I believe it’s similar to “suetere” with a soft r. I may be mistaken. And the French accent is a must. Otherwise it won’t come out right.)

98. After a hard day there is nothing better than a cup of hot cocoa and Meg’s selections of Teh Qte….Your captions rock Meg!

And I am excited to note Holligans’ observation of the wonderful word ‘sweateuw’ entering common (non-Cuteologist) parlance :-D