The Beagles. Available at Last.

Their yapping shaped a generation and changed the world forever. Now, Cute Overload is pleased to bring you for the very first time the lovable antics of those Fab Flopears: The Beagles.

There’s Dave, the cheeky funster;

Bruce, the dreamy-eyed romantic;

Reg, the quiet, aloof mystic;

And Zeppo, known to millions the world over as “Which one was he, again?”

Credits, from top: Bukowsky18, Faith Goble, Trent Roche, Naughty Architect

Comments

1. All you need is woof.

2. S.J. Hartsfield says:

Zeppo’s totally my favourite anyway. So there.

3. It’s been a hard day’s night, and I been workin’ like a dog…

4. Sgt. Pupper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.

5. Fab! Gear!

6. I saw the cute today, oh boy
    Four thousand pups in Blackburn, Lancashire
    And though the pups were rather small
    We had to snorgle them all
    Now we know how many pups it takes to fill the Albert Hall

7. Now there’s an earworm!

8. NTMTOM,
    I renew my application for your crazy-a$$ hand in marriage! I was at the second puppy and I was laughing too hard to continue! “When I’m 9.14!” You really do slay me!! You are humorously twisted and I LOVE it!! *Platonic Smooches* xoxo

9. Oh my this is too much for a Beatlefreak like me. I always wanted to get a Beagle and call him Dr. Winston O’Beagle.
    Hardcore fanfreaks will get that one. ;)

10. Man, I wish I’d thought of that! Lol!

11. well he had a cute toe bean!
    you know what I mean!
    and the way he woofed
    was way beyond compare-air!
    Now I’ll never snorgle with another!
    since I saw him pouting there!

er, or something like that.

12. and in the end Zeppo stole all our hearts!

13. Let it Beagle
    Happiness is a Warm Pup

14. or Blacknose Whiskershire ?

15. I wanna bite your hand…..

16. A CUTE TOE BEAN! Sorry to yell, that’s just the greatest thing ever.

17. I am in love. What human being could possibly resist?

18. Fabulous & funny! Just the way I like it!

19. Reg is my favorite. I adore his later solo masterpiece, “All Treats Cause Gas”.

20. As usual, NTMTOM, an awesome scrolldown! :mrgreen:

21. All these Beatle fans — and no “Hey Bulldog” reference yet?

22. You people are turning over my giggle box this afternoon!

23. (whispering) is it just me, or does that sound a wee bit, well, dirty? Ha ha.

24. More proof that beagles are the cutest dog in existence; that photo of Reg is particularly potent. I’ll take them all, please!

25. Another one for NOMTOM’s coffee table book. We’re waaaaaitiiiiiing…. (toes tapping impatiently)

26. Alice Shortcake says:

And he also enjoyed well-deserved success with the Travelling Wilpuppies.

27. When I hear Zeppo, I automatically think Buffy and Xander. Yes, I’m a child of the 90’s.

28. The Cute Avenger says:

Beagles, the originators of the sad puppy dog eyes. Ah, my heart be still!

I wish I fluent enough in Beatles to play along but I think all higher brain function went out the door at the glimpse of those adorable, brown eyes.

29. Yes! I do try to remember to use the term “Gear” every so often to express approbation, just so it isn’t forgotten.
    Well, actually, I only use it when talking to myself, but still.

30. Retired Hippie says:

BRAVO!

31. Retired Hippie says:

This totally made my day. The awesome NTMTOM back story, the hover texts, the comments….I am in bliss!

But I have to ask…please tell me a siamese cat named Mao-no Oh-No doesn’t break up the band!

32. oops, didn’t notice NTMTOM had already use that one….

33. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

But skippy — WE hear you saying it!!!! :)

34. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Lilith & tracylee FTW!!!!!!

35. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

’tain’t jist yew, skippy…..

36. Hippie Beatlefan mom, what can I say?

37. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

I referenced that one, long, long ago on anodder post many moons ago.

But not yet on THIS one. Poisanally, I’m waitin’ fer Tha “Piggies” post …

Signed,
    I’m WAITing (singsong, impatient voice)

(drumming fingers on the computer desk, to no avail, thus far)….

38. LOL Well you know if she does we can expect a nice interview in the happy couples bed. complete with squeeky toys.

39. AW! Reg is totally my fav. Look at that look he’s giving! *heart melting*.

40. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

JINX

who owes WHOM a soda or an alkyholic beverage? Prob I owe you, since I’ve been away on busses “on the road again” all day until just now & your commment preceded/ preceeded? (huh?) mine.

What’s yer cherce (aka “choice”)
    from the Snickering (?) Lounge?

41. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

How many of us Offishe Old Codgers think Marxist Bros for “Zeppo”???

(raising hand)

42. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Retired Hippie :

or at least — that if she does — she’ll be WEARING clothes, upper and lower!!!!

43. Lewis n' Clark says:

..”they’d like to tuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrn yoooooouuuuuu onnnnnnn..”

44. Lewis n' Clark says:

Halp! I need a beagle! Halp! Not just any beagle! Halp! I need ALL the beagles…HALLLP!

45. Awwwww. I want a beagle. (I am also unoriginal enough that I’d name him Porthos. :-D )

46. Eleanor Rottie
    picks up her bone from the yard and wonders where it has been
    Lives in a dream.
    Waits at the window, wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door
    who is it for?

All the lonely puppies
    Were do they all come from
    All the lonly puppies
    Where do they all belong.

47. Picture yourself in a doghouse on a river
    With tangerine bones and marmalade skies
    Somebody barks to you, you answer quite slowly
    A dog with kaleidoscope eyes

Cellophane chew toys of yellow and green
    Towering over your head
    Look for the dog with the sun in her eyes
    And she’s gone

Puppy in the sky with diamonds
    Puppy in the sky with diamonds
    Puppy in the sky with diamonds
    Ah

48. So good to see these guys, after all I’ve had a hard days night. I’ve been working like a dog.

49. Me too! LOL! Beep Beep!

50. Hand raised here to!

51. And to think Bruce didn’t want it on “The Spotty Album.”

52. This is one of my imponderables: obviously dogs can be as deadly cute as cats, and they exist in far greater varieties, so how come cats rule the interwebs? Is it because cats are just inherently funnier (or easier for us to attribute funny back stories/captions)?

53. Hey Beagles look out the Blue Meanies are coming.
    Come and hide in my Yellow Submarine.

54. Rock out! Queen of Dork, where are you?

55. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Pardon mon question:

Est-on amoureuse avec NTMTOM,
    amoureuse avec Les Beatles, ou amoureuse avec Les Beagles????

56. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Wasn’t there a Beagles FILM called “Help”???

(ok, so it wasn’t called “HAlp,” but…)

57. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

verr’ nice, indeedy, memsahib!!! :)

Signed,
    Opinionated.

58. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Nice visuals as usual, T– Her Majesty does not emerge
    from CubicleLand into a Land of Freedom of Computer Fun
    until a bit later tonight. I actually just had an email xchange with her.

“She’s on her way to Freedom Land”.

59. Alice Shortcake says:

Have you seen the little puppies
    Playing in the park
    And for all the little puppies
    Now it’s getting dark
    Time to go back home for noms and cuddles…

60. Arguably the most vital crewmember on _Enterprise_!

61. Yes.

62. Lewis n' Clark says:

whoaaaa, kiiittttttty duuude, that’s heavy

63. Across the Cuteiverse
    Baby’s In Bark
    Howl-o Goodbye (okay, that one’s stretching it a little)

Also, yay beagles! I showed mine this page in excitement, but I don’t think she cared much. :)

64. Every meal, my beagle makes exactly the same face as the one in the second picture, except she accompanies it with a pathetic whimper; when my family adopted her, she gained quite a bit of weight before we hardened our hearts and put her on a diet. I swear, beagle eyes just sear into your soul and make you forget that their owner was found raiding the pantry just two hours ago.

65. These would be so much cuter if I was not deathly afraid of beagles.

66. Seriously groovy.

67. I love Zeppo and his floppy paw action. He’s the best!

68. Yes, yes.

69. (The Original) Mel says:

I’ve officially caught Beaglemania.

When I find myself without a chew toy
    I make sad eyes for all to see
    Barooing doggie protests
    Give me treats

70. My guess would be… “Yes, yes, & yes.”

71. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

TRUE STOREH

(altho’ I might not have the precise spelling the way it happened)

When La Famille Thomas resided at Yokosuka Japan in approx 1966-1969, ALL products mfrd in Japan and China (with the exception of wonderful traditional craftwork, such as silks, batiks and woodworking and foods) ….were generally considered by ‘Mericuns to be pretty inferior shabby products (this was before things such as transistor radios and the further electronics industry really got bubbling) …

Among other items we purchased there, then, was a BOOTLEG copy of what purported to be Sgt P’s L HCB album. very very thin paper jacket, junky pressing of the vinyl, etc etc.

I wish that I still had that disc now though just fer giggles. Ever after mes hermanos have referred to that album as (drumroll please)

Sergaent Peppeb’s Loney Hearps Club Band

(fairly precise memory of the spellling there on the cover of the disc)

72. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

peeps due to more than a few lines of storeh, I’m in moderashun agin.

Please come back later; hopefully the Big Green Mod Machine will decide that most of my text is not controversial; I can see one part they might edit slightly?

anyhoo

Peace out.

73. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Well, that seems raisonable :)

74. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

I think this might be one of those questions that we used to ask our parents, and they would just look at us, roll THEIR eyes, and say “Just beCAUSE”.

or “Because I said so”.

Or maybe it’s just because I grew up in a military family with stacks of brudders around who aren’t particularly cuddly or emotionally indulgent????

75. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

wow

now THAT’s a tough gig.

My sincere sympathies. Never even thought that was POSSIBLE.

Afraid of Rottweilers? Clowns? THOSE I can more easily grasp.

wow.

76. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

I THINK TheOriginalMel

WINS this post.

“BEAGLEMANIA” FTW!!!!!

77. An evil, possessed beagle bit me when I was little. I have hated the little brats ever since.

78. Aww, I’m sorry you went through that :( I think that beagle was an exception, though; every other one I’ve ever known (including mine) is very sweet and not bratty at all, except occasionally when begging.

79. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

wow. Truly a drag, in the ORIGINAL meaning of the word.
    You have my actual sincere wish that I could make that go away from your experience. Meantime I send you kind thoughts.

80. Reg is still the cutest thing in the history of the universe though. It almost makes me want one to cuddle with.

81. That’s just brilliant :D

82. that blows! they’re so popular right now, too. was a mean beagle mean to you?

83. I wanna hold your paw, paw, paw, paw, …i wanna hold your paw

84. oops for the beginning…

Oh yeah, i’ll bark you sumthin….
    i think you’ll understand……….
    when i howl that sumthin…
    i wanna hold your paw
    i wanna hold your paw
    i wanna hold your paw

and when i chew your shoes..i feel happy inside..
    i’m in sooo much trouble…
    i can’t hide..
    i can’t hide..
    i can’t hide

85. Retired Hippie says:

And here!

86. Retired Hippie says:

Would that be a “Squeak In” for walkies?

87. Retired Hippie says:

I’m trying to think of an appropriate “No. 9″ reference here but the leetle grey cells, they fail me this morning.

88. Skippymom, thanks for my first out loud laugh of the day. SOOOOO funny.

89. Aww…it’s really not dirty… when I was little and I couldn’t stop laughing at something, my mom would always say “looks like someone turned over your giggle box!” :)

90. take the colorings of #1 with the face of #2 and it would totally look like my miss puddy. my second baby, sookie, looks like #2 with #3’s color, add a little bit of jack russell for the old man face, and that’s her!

91. We all live in a Beagle SUbmarine
    A Beagle Submarine
    a Beagle Submarine

Well yes it did have to be said at some point .

92. I’ll take Reg for $2000, Alex!

93. Retired Hippie says:

:D

94. My thoughts exactly!

95. LeAnn (not LeAnna or Lee Ann) says:

Well, now I really need a copy of “Yellow Submarine”.
    And I wuvs beagles, too. We had Fred, Beagle of Valor for 9 years. He was the best.

96. warrior rabbit says:

I think dogs are so pliable, cooperative, so what-can-I-do-for-you that it makes it more difficult to do more than “isn’t he cute!” Cats, with that insouciance, that aloofness… it makes it easier to ascribe nefarious purposes, etc.

So… yes.

97. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

eez okeydokey, mon. we jist playful types, we iz, we iz. :)

98. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Perhaps Yoko was Number Nine Beatle?

(the earlier original Beatles member was the Fifth Beatle or Brian Epstein or somebody …then a few other people and then Yoko Ono).

All I got. Hope it makes a :)

99. And from 1963 “All Things Must Paws…ahem.. Pass”
    Harrison wrote/lead vocal.

100. Lewis n' Clark says:

I think it was the hearps

101. Lewis n' Clark says:

Bravo!

102. Hmmm, the 3rd puppy looks more like a basset puppy. Big paws, legs have a heavier bone structure.

103. owlwatcher says:

I just let out a squeal in class, and you should have seen the strange looks I got as I tried to explain why I was looking at cute puppies instead of paying attention to the database lecture.

104. bookmonstercats says:

I have similar problems loading CDs onto i-Tunes, O NO. I buy what I believe to be perfectly legit music from shops and I can’t believe the spelling on the tracks and downright misinformation on them when I go into track information. I buy a lot of music and books from charity (thrift) shops rather than HMV, but even so……..

Never had one as good as yours, though :-)

105. bookmonstercats says:

Groovy!

106. bookmonstercats says:

My “Groovy” post (above or below as the case may be) was a tribute to your lyric-writing, @Lillith.

107. bookmonstercats says:

I can’t possibly go down all the comments, congratulating all the clevairness individually, it would take me all night, so bouquets to everybody (but especially NOMTOM)

108. bookmonstercats says:

No official fifth Beatle; a lot of contenders, among whom Stuart Sutcliffe (bassist) dropped out and went to art skool in Hamburg and Pete Best (drummer) was sacked in favour of Ringo.

109. Haha, I actually had a beagle named Ringo once :)

110. owlcatcher… if the lecture was on databases… I think I can see a reason… :)

111. Three cheers for beagles!
    Aroooo! Aroooo! Arooo!

and Shayla, I have a beagle named Ringo too :)

112. BatBlaster says:

Sorry, I am out of bad puns. Ask my brother. Anyway, which one is the walrus? goo goo ga joob!
    Dave may not have blisters on his fingers, but i think i know who may. The human