Are You Sane? Take This Quiz

This is a picture of: (A) a bumblebee; (B) a court jester at Mardi Gras; (C) the newest Pokemon thingy that your kids will wail like banshees over until you buy it for them; (D) Drew Carey! (answer in hovertext)

Answer: (E) The War of 1812 (we would also have accepted The Hula-Hoop or Steve Buscemi). If you chose A-D, or indeed took this quiz at all, you should seek counseling immediately.

Unless you’re Jeff M. and you know it’s a Bee Orchid. Then you’re cool.

Comments

1. darn. i failed.

‘i’m going to hug you’ tag?

2. So Happy! :D

3. Retired Hippie says:

*singing* Someone’s looking FABULOUS!

4. TrixandSam says:

“I gotta beeee meeee!!!

5. gloom raider says:

That’s one happy flower!

6. I actually DID know what it is!! I studied it in architecture grad school for an “organic structures” project. Yes, I am a huge nerd.

7. Wow!

8. bob drummond says:

It’s the inside of a very weird looking orchid. Though it does remind me of a
    Disney character named Donald Duck. N o,I am not going quackers and
    anyone who did not recognize a flower when they see it must be a
    blooming idiot. yuk,yuk,yuk !

9. martha in mobile says:

I have been to a lot of Mardi Gras parades, and it’s uncanny how many float riders resemble this orchid (in proportions, not dimensions).

10. The arms in the air! Like you just don’t care!

11. I must be cool then. There’s a first.

It is rather Drew Carey-esque, though…

12. If there isn’t a Pokemon that looks like this, Nintendo are missing a trick.

13. It looks like a bee so other bees will try and mate with it and pollinate the flower… tricksy flower :D

14. Nomtom et al – You blithering idiots, anyone can see its Queen Juliana of the Netherlands and her pet ferret Archbishop Makarios.

Actually I did know what it was , see Rev William Keble Martins ‘Complete British Flora’ pub. 1965

15. For those who don’t know, this is an orchid that is pretending to be a certain species of bee. Male bees try to mate with it and, in so doing, accidentally pick up its pollen – which they then carry to the next orchid they try to mate with.

Many orchids rely on deception in order to cross-pollinate rather than luring insects in with a meal of nectar.

16. Does anyone else hear Nathan Lane singing just now? Just me?

17. I am not Jeff M, but I also knew it was a bee orchid :) Orchids are tricksy flowerses!

18. Well I had no idea what it was and I failed the test .
    ««grin»» and starts singing:
    “There coming to take me away ha! ha!
    There coming to take me away ha! ha!
    To the funny farm
    Where everything is beautiful….”

19. Catsquatch says:

Awesome.
    Im cool ;)

20. It is King DeDe from Kirby.

21. Oh, so it’s a Bee Orchid Pokemon?
    Really quite cool!

22. All I know is, I NOMTOM. :)

23. lol, that was supposed to say I heart NOMTOM…

24. I’m seriously hoping that this is in the new generation of Pokemon (Black/White version).

Seriously, it could be a Grass/Bug type, & a worthy successor to Beedrill, Combee, & Vespiquen. Combee is silly-looking, Beedrill didn’t have enough legs, & Vespiquen was okay, but THIS…..this could be everyone’s new favorite bug-type.

25. And it goes on and on and on.

26. bookmonstercats says:

I guessed, but I read the hovertext anyway.

Also, it’s wearing a very pretty hat.

Also aso, I’m going to google Hon Glad’s reference book. It will sit proudly along-side my Fowlers Modern English Usage (2nd Edn) also of 1965.

27. When in doubt, pick Steve Buscemi – that’s what I always say for multiple choice.

I like imagining how embarrassed these bees must feel when they realize their mistake. “Oh man, a plant again?! I hope no one saw..”

28. heh. his frat brothers will never let him live that one down…

29. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

My own thoughts per-zactly!! :)

30. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Sneaky blokes, them orchids!!

31. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Definitely works for ME!!!

Signed,
    Another Leslie
    (no kiddingk!!)

32. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

Just make that shelf your “Books c. 1965″ shelf!!!

At the local public library, after the customers leave, we always enjoyed reviewing the customers’ requests for “that tall red book you gave me 2 months ago” ….

33. Oh, I thought you meant that you wanted to eat him.

34. (gasp!) It *IS* Drew Carey! I totally thought so too! That is so freaky! Wow man.
    But *I* would never say that on the internet. I am going to write to Drew Carey and tell him that NOMTOM said he looks like a Bee Orchid!
    NOMTOM, you will have some explaining to do.

35. Don’t worry,
    bee happy!

36. Retired Hippie says:

Yes Lesley, but what? Springtime for…oh wait, can’t say that name here…it gets the living daylights moderated out of it.

37. That flower is all “Good mornin’ sunshine!” and “Hello big boy…”

38. Ah, the unique and fascinating Bee Orchid.

Otherwise known in the bee community as, “The Big Tease” or “Hey, wait a sec… what?”

39. A what?!? No way?! Googles it. Yep, it’s true.

The things you learn on C.O.!!

40. I totally thought “that looks like a pokemon” immediately when I saw this.

41. I need counseling because I actually took the quiz.

-le sigh-

42. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

*giggle*

surely a better version, than that Frank guy

(ducks from the puddingk & rotten tomAHtoes)

43. Whoa. It’s that knowledge of the European Upper Clahsses that makes all the difference.

44. Just don’t let Eddie Murphy get near one of them, you know how he gets. :twisted:

45. Wait, that didn’t get moderated? :lol:

46. Mmmmm, 3.14159 . . . .

47. bees don’t mate that way

48. I kinda thought it was Mrs. Slocombe’s hair-do. And I am unanimous in that! ;-)

But if it is Nathan Lane, I hear “I Could Have Danced All Night”

49. I know, I was totally expecting moderation for that one! In fact, I was begging for it. Go figure.

50. you and me both!!!! he he! ha, ha!!

51. he, he…. what,you don’t remember whcih book you recommended to every single client for the last 20 years?! I am sadly disappointed ;)

52. Wait… you studied a flower for architecture grad school? Call me ignoriant, but why, might I ask? Perhaps a building shaped like an orchid? A daisy I could see, but an orchid? (Although, that tongue thingy would make a great balcony.)

53. But they do like to spread the wealth, so to speak. ;)

54. hee! That orchid seems to be saying, “Welcome Bees!!”

55. Well it obviously isn’t very effective. But they are deceived all the same

56. Bees freak me out but if I saw this little guy in a field somewhere I wouldn’t run away from it :)

57. Kitler?

58. Funny, I thought this thing was a whacked out Donald Duck thing-a-ma-jig.

59. Felicityanne says:

I’m saving this pic to use on my Easter cards! It’s a chicky hatching, and pleased to meet you!

60. this just shows: counselling doesn’t help me ;-)

61. bob drummond says:

It’s really so delightfully refreshing to see all the different responses there were
    to this enigmatic picture.At least one responder agreed with me- it does
    resemble Donald Duck. Thank you Chanpon!

62. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

You, and 90 % of the other library customers
    (rolling-eyes)

63. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

veruh nice :)

64. uh thank ya, thank ya very much… i’m here all week. try the veal.

65. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

66. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Hon Glad will take your payment for the office visit. :)

67. What kind of animal is this? Or is CO now a plant site? When will we see a cactus stuck between some t*ts?

68. The Larch.

69. Whatever it is, I think it’s here to dance.

70. Oh. Sorry….

71. nom sequiters rule

72. Definitely looks like a very happy rubber ducky.

73. Yay, I’m not the only one who immediately saw the duck. :)

74. Does anyone know the species of this flower? I shared this picture with my mom and now she wants a pet ducky/pokemon/slipperthing flower too. Any hints? Thanks! :)