Racc-a-nova

You do not know me—I am zee Spaneesh Raccoon from Costa Reeeca.

I watch you in zee night! No tango rabies!

Now I keees you weeth my schnozzle.

Sender Inner Philip C. was beguiled by this White-nosed Coati by amkhosla

Comments

1. It’s a Coatimundi! BEEP!

2. the bug man says:

Ooh! Ooh! I loves me a coatimundi!

These dudes were always wandering around the field station in Costa Rica where I did my dissertation. The adults could be pests, like raccoons– getting into trash, stealing food, etc.– but the young’uns are great. They’re raised in communal litters, so you could have a group of thirty baby coatis, and they play like kittens do.

3. My snout it is de longest snout, which is de best for snorgling you with….

4. He is all is that a nutty buddy in your hand.. I believe that belongs to ME! RAWRRR!

5. @the bug man – I so hope you are following “and they play like kittens do” with a VIDEO, my friend!!

6. Really?

Nutty Buddy?

7. Queen of Dork says:

Wow! I adore his flat snout! I’ve never heard of this animal before. Learn something new every dang day! :)

8. It takes two… to get Tango Rabies

9. Snorf… Falls on Floor laughing… no no I meant this Nutty Buddy

10. Cha cha cha! :)

11. errr…
    hovertext translasche, por favor?

12. In Meg’s grammatically-imperfect Spanish (sorry, Meg!), she wrote: “Hi, I’m Mister Law. Someone has said that you were looking for me.”

13. As in I am the LAW and the LAW won!

14. okie dokie!

15. Just delurking to say, I think she was going for “Mr. Right.” As in–“Hi–I’m ‘Mister Right’–somebody told me you were looking for me?”

16. But does he dance the bossa nova?

17. Hello! I’m Mr. Right, someone said you were looking for me.
    (BTW, the Spanish is kinda funny actually)

18. Jeez Theresa you should put a do not look at work on that link :-) :-)

19. He he, Mr. Law as THE LAW, or Mr. Right? (I don’t think we have a term for Mr. Right in Spanish… that’s sad)

20. Could she mean Mr. Right?

21. So they were everywhere? They must have gotten rather coatimundane after awhile.

22. Retired Hippie says:

And of course I look at the link FIRST, then see Gigi’s comment….oh my eyes!

23. Retired Hippie says:

Is this anything like Looking for Mr. Goodbar?

24. kibblenibble says:

That’s because he doesn’t exist. Sorry. I’m having a grumpy-bad-tummy-ache day. :-(

25. Ha! I just love the fact that after Theresa’s link, Kittya’s link is brought to us by Purity brand. :D

26. ohhh, makes more sense!

27. What, you mean that athletic support is frowned upon in your workplace?

28. BOOM!

29. Baby coati snouts in action!

30. *passes Kibblenibble bottle of Pepto*

What, doesn’t everyone keep a bottle of the pink stuff in their purse?

31. Bossa nova is too tame for him. Wild Mr. McSpanishpants dances the super nova.

32. If you can’t be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

33. Reminds me of that episode of Home Improvement where Tim is doing an questionnaire that asks him to choose which piece of hockey equipment Jill would be. He chooses jockstrap, because she’s basically supportive but gets in the way a lot.
    :mrgreen:

34. Queen of Dork says:

Oh, this is so great! I’m currently nursing a sick kitty who has to take three kinds of meds every day for awhile and he hates every single one of them and I feel totally dreadful forcing him to take them :(. So seeing and reading fun things here is so nice. :)

35. “Derecho” is an odd word in Spanish. It can mean “law,” “straight” or “right” (as in “right-handed” or “the right (as opposed to left) side”). It does not mean “right,” as in when we say in English, “Mr Right” or “correct.”

36. Queenie, we are sending loud Dante-size purrs to poor Sam. Get well soon!

37. Queen of Dork says:

Thanks, Theresa. I’ll give him your love. We have a long way to go.

38. the bug man says:

Cheers to you, QoD. We’ve got an 18-year-old cat who’s taking an arsenal of medicine and has to get subcutaneous fluids every couple of days, poor thing. She’s a trooper. We’re just lucky she hasn’t killed us in our sleep.

Yet.

(Anyway, hang in there. I would say “he’ll thank you later”, but it would be more honest to say “he won’t thank you later, but his quality of life will be a whole lot better even if he doesn’t understand why”.

39. Queen of Dork says:

The Bug Man: Thanks so much for that encouragement! I was feeling so badly for taking him in for his procedures and everything. He seemed worse off than he was in the first place and I feel like a horrible sort of a torture-causing person. So thanks. I know (I think) I did the right thing I guess. I tuck him into bed with me each night with his own wee, little teddy bear. :)

40. Oh, that size nose deserves a BIG BEEP! Mr. Right! Bwahahahaha.

41. The Cute Avenger says:

Perfect pick for Nosevember!! But those claws… eesh. I wouldn’t want to get on his bad side.

42. Aw, snuggles to the sweet little patient. Hang in there Queenie!

43. So sorry to read that QoD… beaming wellgetting thoughts, healing rainbows, and healthy glitter showers your way.

44. This is tricky actually. Law in Spanish is DERECHO, right (as in right hand, right side) would be LA DERECHA. I’m trying to find what would be the direct equivalent for Mr. Right in Spanish. (Could be as long as “Soy el hombre mas mejor por ti.”)

45. Queen of Dork says:

Thanks you guys! I sit with him and pet him and sing this to him, (softly) ahem…
    You are the champion,
    YOU ARE THE CHAMPION,
    No time for kooties,
    ’cause you are the chammmmpion…
    Of The World!! :)

46. @Queen of D, your song to the kitty is the just the sweetest thing.

47. Tango rabies!!!!

Seriously, I’m on the floor. Laughing. My buttocks. Off.

48. annoyinglittletwerp says:

There’s a page in the book in the book ‘FU, Penguin’ on Coatis. Included are such writing gems as ‘I would do anything for Coatis(including that).’

49. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Here ya go 260. Please to click.

(and I canna’ take credit …somebody breelliant like Theresa provided it to moi, some other day here on CO)

50. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

YIKES nsfLeslie’s sensibilities

(hides under the bed)

51. Was it “tango” on purpose (instead of “tengo” which I’d assume is at least the underlying meaning), or was that just a serendipitous typo? Either way, it’s cute.

But I’d like to see someone try to tango rabies. Somehow I’m getting images of dancers at a party, frothing at the mouth (and shying away from water glasses and the pool).

52. These critters are so cute! I got to see coatis in Monteverde (though they were so bold, I worried that the tourists probably fed them…)

53. the bug man says:

I think the “rabies tango” is where you dance elegantly and smoothly across the floor, and then lunge drooling at your partner’s neck.

54. YeP….only mine works like that pink stuff in The Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy . At least I think it does. ;-)
    I hope you feel better, kibblenibble!

55. Thanks for that. It pretty much cymbalizes all that I stand for.

56. *heart melts*

QoD, even though it sounds a little silly, I think that’s the most touching thing I’ve ever heard of someone doing for a sick furbaby.

57. Are you sure that’s not the closing scene for a Stephanie Meyer book?

(Twi-hards, please don’t nuff me. I really did enjoy the series. Even read it twice.)

58. How about “Senor Perfecto”?

59. that doesnt look like a racoon or a cus of the racoon its so cute though

60. emmberrann says:

Coati’d you say?

61. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

ooooooooooooooooooooooo

62. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ the bug man

wow!!
    quite The Visual, there!

63. TrixAndSam says:

@ bug man: don’t you mean “you lunge at your partner’s coati’d”?

64. CrrrlyGirl says:

Coati indeed! Not a raccoon, but a close cousin (along with other critters like the Kinkajou).

65. amandaaaaaaa says:

i think the grammatically imperfect part is the redundancy of “buscando” and “para”. buscando means looking for. so there is no need for para (which means for). it would have to be “buscandome”. but i liked the hovertext anyway :D