Any New Puppy Owner’s First Day

“Don’t give me that look – you know you’re not supposed to do that…”

“Noooo….not that either…”

“Oh come on –how can I say no to this –these are verrrry expensive earphones, so NO-NO….”

“OK, I think we have a problem.”

Toothy, Kim B.

Comments

1. Am I first?

He can chew on my leg, I won’t mind, really!

2. Om nom nom!

3. You know that about babies, everything goes into the mouth.

4. That last photo made me laugh out loud… it’s hilarious

5. Dawwwwwwww!!!1111
    Hands puppy new shoes and new purse and anything else puppy wants to gnaw on!

6. Indeed that last photo cemented the “I will chew on ANYTHANG!”

love it.

7. Okay, since no one else has said it…………………………….PUPPIEEEE!!!!
    (and Kim, I am SO jealous, that sweet face, that puppy belly, those sharp teeth and puppy breath, makes me just melt!)

8. OMG! I love that last photo!

That puppy’s just adorable! The look on his face when he’s nomming away. LOL~!

9. Mary (the first) says:

That is one adorable puppeh! And he’s welcome to come over here and chew anything he wants.. anytime at all.. the sooner, the better.

10. If you’re not happy with this puppy I know where you can find a drop off box. No, really, it’s a drop off box. Not the mailslot in my front door.

11. warrior rabbit says:

Shy Ronnie… heh. This puppy is adorable… and om-nom-nivorous. Don’t let him near your leather Barkalounger!

12. TrixandSam says:

I love when a puppy’s eyes go all wonky like in picture 3.

Igor: Dr. Frankenstein…
    Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: “Fronkensteen.”
    Igor: You’re putting me on.
    Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No, it’s pronounced “Fronkensteen.”
    Igor: Do you also say “Froaderick”?
    Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: No… “Frederick.”
    Igor: Well, why isn’t it “Froaderick Fronkensteen”?
    Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: It isn’t; it’s “Frederick Fronkensteen.”
    Igor: I see.
    Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: You must be Igor.
    [He pronounces it ee-gor]
    Igor: No, it’s pronounced “eye-gor.”
    Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: But they told me it was “ee-gor.”
    Igor: Well, they were wrong then, weren’t they?

13. He can bite my hand any day if he’ll give me those puppy eyes.

14. You took the words right out of my mouf!

15. warrior rabbit says:

jeez, 20 min in moderation… I swear it wasn’t that bad… and others will beat me to the funny! let it out, let it out! (well, assuming it was funny, I might be a tad biased)

16. dawnkeyotie says:

points at Sharpy!

17. dawnkeyotie says:

I bet that little guy gets away with murder!

18. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

19. Easy solution would be rubber bone or squeaky toy

20. naw, i don’t care.

you can be first.

i’m staring at a puppy.

puppy is emitting stupons.

(it’s teho you should be scared of.)

21. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

WOT THA

no Tag “I’m going to eat you”??????? c’mon, Coach!!!!

22. it does take a few minutes to send the copy out to vegas, run it past a small, but discerning audience in the “L’il Kritters Lounge,” and then tally the results. aaaaand…. it’s up there!

23. tee hee! yes, the first three pics are cute. very cute even.
    but the last pic made me LOLZ all round. wheeee!

24. Jack.
    Russell.
    Terror.

25. Jack Brat for short?

26. Can someone please tell me how to scoop my melted self up off the floor and pretend to, er I mean work really hard for the last 20 min of my day??

Oh and yang yang yang!
    I can smell teh puppy bref from here.

27. Who cares if you’re first? Really, people.

28. nicemonkey says:

someone said buy chew toys but i’m sure he’s got lots, he looks like he’s pretty properly spoiled! anyway they like to chew on the stuff they’re not s’posed to!
    btw, this is like one of the cutest puppies i’ve ever seen! do you know what breeds he might have in him? (and he’s chewing on this stuff on purpose you know, anything that takes attenshons away from them is fair game!)

29. Really, Estlin, there’s a whole child-like excitement about being first, don’t you remember?! And C.O. is filled with youthful individuals who take pleasure in such small joys (I’m one of them)! There’s a whole world of grumpy crap out there, why add to it? C.O. is for head-tilts and baroos and muzzlepuffs and squees, not Puddleglums!! :D

*head-tilts at the pupadooldoo!*

30. cute@!!!

31. Like Jean above you said, I think he might be a Jack Russell.

32. yeah this happens

33. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

aka

“teething puppy is teething”???

34. Uh-uh. And cats really will sleep in the beds that you buy them so that they’ll never sleep on your fresh laundry, your pillow, the velvet throw that collects cat hair like velcro, your face at 3 am, your brother-in-law’s suitcase who’s deathly allergic to cats…

35. *SNERK*

36. victoreia says:

*snerkity snerk*

37. It’s perfect Jack Brat, I LOVE IT.
    That’s exactly what Jack Russel Terrier are! I do love the little terrors.

38. I will hazards I guess that you have cats. ;-)

39. Well, at least snoopysnake included another comment at the same time as pointing out his (her?) firstness. It’s the clowns who have nothing useful to contribute except to trumpet that they were FRIST!!1!ZOMG! who are so extremely annoying.

40. Om-nom-nivorous! BWAH! :mrgreen:

41. flutterby says:

Puppeh TEEEEEFFF!!!!!

42. flutterby says:

Just found out my new kitten is a boy, so CATrina just became Bucky (as in Bucky Katt)….same coloration as him, but w/o pot belleh or singular giant fang!

Will promise to love and serve til death do us part anyway!

43. Well said, Auntie.

44. So, last Friday I got to pet-sit for my friend’s new puppy. For several hours he was calm and floofy and snuggly. Then, at six PM, he decided, “For fifteen minutes, I’m gonna bite everything in this house at least once!”
    After that was over, he was calm and floofy and snuggly again. Dunno what triggered it, but he was a lot like the guy in the photos. Tomorrow I get to go back and pet-sit for him again (This may become a regular Friday thing). We’ll see if six PM is ‘nom time’!

45. Oh, I just luff those NOMS!

46. *Thumbs up!*

47. Heheh

Why am I hearing Weird Al in my head?

Oh yeah, now I know why.

“Just eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
    Open up your mouth and feed it
    Have some more yogurt, have some more spam
    It doesn’t matter if it’s fresh or canned
    Just eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
    Don’t you make me repeat it
    Have a banana, have a whole bunch
    It doesn’t matter what you have for lunch
    Just eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
    Eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it”

48. What an expressive little puppy. Happily chomping away. And I am beyond impressed with its human, who, instead of worrying that the pupster is nomming the laptop, grabs the camera instead. Yep, this dog is the Biggest Boss in the Office.

49. Laptop, YUMMMMMMMM

50. Alexandria says:

Yes, YES, YES!

Jack Russell up in the hizzy! (I’ve got one on my lap!)

51. OMG I literally let out a yelp at work when I saw the third photo!!! Adraoble!!!! :-D

52. kibblenibble says:

I am lovingk thees puppeh!

53. I’d let that little guy chew up all my technology. Schweet!

54. swallowing books says:

that sounds like something terry pratchet would write. me likey!

55. chickadeedee says:

Aw cute puppy has itchy gums.

56. dawnkeyotie says:

booooo! boooo! eh, whatevs. puppeh is vewy cute.

57. ROFLMAO

58. Yay! It’s been too long since we’ve seen the Soft Cronche!

59. oh he knows he is being……bad……but so cute he is getting away with it!!!
    I want to kiss his little head and tickle his belly. I think I fell in love with
    the puppie or the nom-er. ahhh

60. victoreia says:

WANT!!!!!!

61. victoreia says:

Oh, and…BEEP!

62. naw…. he didn’t mean to nom….. he’s just posing for the camera…..

63. I’ll only mention this ’cause no one else did, but bison? Cartoon bison? Looks like a cow/steer/bull/bovine/cattle to me.

However, not to miss the main point, yes, cute puppy, teething on anything it can open wide enough to get its gums around.

64. Mel Brooks.

65. Hah! Not only puppies do that! I have a *cat* that does that. Sticks her teeth round anything she sees!

66. I agree! There is a certain amount of fun with being first…especially when you are new to the site! I remember that I was! Bleen was such a big thing and yes, it has died off. But like a good old song, enjoy the music and don’t nuff it!

67. You are dead on. I would like to add: and your white kitty just HAS to snuggle you when you are wearing black!

68. My Sidney (cat) is a chewer….wood…fake plants…t-shirts…the flat-felt seams on your jeans….uhhhhh, the list is endless. (Oh, towels…)

69. The fact he moved onto the laptop at the end is what gives me the giggles.

70. TrixandSam says:

He’s got Marty Feldman eyes!

71. Who could say no to those eyes, that said you have to treat them like toddlers and get as much out of their reach as you can.
    I was a child of the 1950’s and no child proof locks or bottle tops, no plastic bottles baby gates etc existed, we had an open fire but there was a fire guard. My poor Mom developed eyes in the back of her head for me and my brother and sister.

72. Sounds remarkably like kitteh behavior: Calm and floofy and snuggly…then…

OMG I MUST RACE THROUGH THE HOUSE AT TOP SPEED JUMPING ON EVERYTHING I CAN AND OVERTURNING THE TABLE LAMPS AND SLIP-AND-SLIDING ON THE WOOD FLOORS AND NARROWLY MISSING HITTING THE WALLS AND TRIPPING ALL WHO GET IN MY WAY!!!!!!!

73. GAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!

Oh crap, where’s the earworm repellant when I need it?!?!

74. I do believe that there is another one of them Rule thingies…

*dashes off to search*

75. *dramatic re-entrance, stage left*

Got it! http://cuteoverload.com/2007/02/04/rule_32_if_your/

76. Ummm…. Bison=Buffalo=Wild Cattle

77. The little puppeh body in the last pic… Awwn.

78. Oh, bleen, how I miss thee. *sigh*

79. If this was my puppy, he would have a pair of sunglasses in his mouf.

80. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

or was that “Bette Davis Eyes”??? ;)

81. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

100 % truthiness.

82. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

yay Jimbeaux + puppeh!

thanks for the update

melts into puddle of goo over “new puppeh” :)

83. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Nice Dramatic re-entrance, ma’am!!!

and nice CO Rules Application as well!!

84. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

used to live in the same household as a VERY VERY SPOILT CockerSpaniel puppeh named Sidney …..
    very much an Overly Dramatic Doggeh … every time his human left him (ALL ALONE ON THE LEATHER COUCH WITH A PILE OF TREATS) …..it was

“BowOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO”
    all the livelong day…. (rolling-eyes)

85. *bows*

*blows keeses to the audience*

86. Haha. The last picture is what did me in.

87. soooo adorable! i love how the last one is so “kay, can i chew on THIS then??” :D

88. TrixandSam says:

O NO: ‘xactly!

89. Jack Rascal Terror.

Brilliant little tyrants!

90. TrixandSam says:

@Sharpy: tally the results? are they using the electronic polling machines or punchcards? How sure are we the results haven’t been tampered with? (We take our voter’s rights/protections seriously here in Chicago)

91. TrixandSam says:

*Tosses giant bouquet of roses onto stage*

92. TrixandSam says:

Us children of the 1960s were just as free-wheelin’. I think Mom was so overwhelmed by tracking 5 of us that she figured losing one of us to some lurking danger in the house was a more acceptable risk than her losing her mind.

(All 5 of us made it to adulthood in case you were wondering.)

93. I love how they KNOW how to give the sweet little innocent looks that keep them from getting in trouble… LOL How adorable!!! There will be wittle teefie marks on everything they own, but the cuteness rules!

94. Ahh yes…the infamous puppy dog eyes.. sure to get one out of trouble EVERY TIME!

95. Alexandra Noelle says:

Awwwwwww he could nibble on my laptop, and i don’t have headphones, i have earbuds, and i wouldn’t want him swallowing those, so nibble on the computer until its covered in teeth marks :)

96. “You like me! You really, really like me!”

*tears of joy*
    *mascara runs*
    *audience flees in fear*

97. Just ‘cuz…

98. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

yay new kittehs!!

99. Darn it, little puppy, stop being so cute when you’re being so naughty!

100. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

here, in Fla, as well

(rolling-eyes emoticon)

101. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

nice, brief summary, theah, P!!

(related: when I recently wrote to a friend of mine who hasn’t an OUNCE of ghetto in ‘im, and referred to him, in the subject line as “P”…..his response was,
    “that’s P-DAWG to YOU” :)

102. *snerk* O NO, that should defnitely be his nickname from now on.

In high school I had a friend, very reserved, well-mannered, proper, polite, etc. whom we called CC. One day, a friend gave her a new nickname. It was the furthest thing from being a fitting nickname, but afterwards she was know as C-Money.

I guess it’s similar to how they call large guys Tiny or Junior.

103. @trixandsam well, the entire process is a little murky. something to do with tail wagging. (you should see the place after the midnight show with Chad and the Swing States.)

104. victoreia says:

Actually, it doesn’t matter what color(s) your cat is; any fur attached to black clothes automatically turns white. It’s a law of the Universe!

105. victoreia says:

Even us children of the 1970s learned to deal with common household hazards. My folks even let my sister and I ride our bicycles around the block by ourselves. Without helmets. At dusk.

106. How bizarre, the Bison looking at the animated one on the wall, its probably the poor sods Mother, that was killed by the good old boy.

107. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

perhaps a corollary law, associated with Murphy’s Law ??? ;)

108. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

G*A*S*P!!!

how soon was the Dept/ Ch. /Families notified?????

109. Toothy puppeh triggers a fond memory of my dearly departed Maggie. When she first moved in and took over the place, she would unhinge her little kitten jaw and bite my answering machine, usually while someone was leaving a message. After many missing messages, I discovered what she was doing and secured the machine. Little did I know that this would be one of her less dramatic attempts to take over my life! Oh, how I miss that little brat!

110. muttluver says:

111. muttluver says:

BLEEEEEEENNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being first makes me feel special, cuz it rarely happens.

112. muttluver says:

With a spoon. Preferably a large one. Here, I’ll help.

113. muttluver says:

*hands you a can*

114. muttluver says:

Wow. That is one well behaved bison.

115. elizabeth talbot says:

hi

116. The Cute Avenger says:

With a teething human baby in the house, I think I may have pinpointed the sound effect to be something more like, “Angyangyangyangyang…” I could be wrong, though. It’s funny how many new onomatopoeia one creates with a new experience (like having a bebeh).

117. Mrs. Kravitz says:

LOLOL! He should keep that last pic to show all puppeh’s friends when he becomes a teenager. Embarrassing baby pictures = great ammo for the ‘rents.

118. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

so helpful!!! :)

119. Well, the puppy-sitting, which I thought would be around 5-6 hours, turned out to be 12 hours, and wore me out pretty badly. This being said? Yes, 6 PM is officially ‘I must bite everything in the house once!’ time.

120. O NO He/She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

– at least (perhaps) you had been
    well & fully briefed on possible such events, after seeing this post/ puppeh on CO,( before you took on the gig)?

121. So cute! Tasting the world.

122. ola soy peruano y te cuento que esta bacanes estas fotitos hehheeee jejjejejejejjejejje

123. Sshhhhhhhhh! They still don’t know!

124. “… even if I can barely get my jaws around it.”

125. ONLE FEMALE NO ANADER SIX MAIL

126. k dindo perro una cosita rica me lo como todo jejejejeje ternurita pekña

127. ese parritO es una cOsita rica una telnura y cOn esa mirada me derritO pz perO aleves tiene cara de rata y perrO asustadO y tiene lOs OjOs muy grandes perO lO k aria yO es k me bese la cOncha y me meta la lengua aii k ricO cOmO si un pene me introusiera y gritari aaaaiii aiii mas mas dame dame durO durO k ricO mejor k mi enamOradO k em lO ase tOdOs lOs dias en la nOche y su pinga me la meteria x el las tetasas k tengO y x me lO meta x el culO k rico y el OsicO muchO mejOr el k lea estO le doy una buena chupada de pene en mi casa es gratis solo agregame a tu msn y te dare mi direcciOn copialO es la_tormenta_de28@hotmail.com te espero

128. parrita is a little thing that a rich and stare telnura melts me but treacherous pz has the face of rat and frightened dog and has great legs

thank you spanish speaker and google fun machine.

129. omg masiv why? r u crazy *-*

130. defen crazy

131. hi puppy

132. He is the cutest little puppers ever in everness! lol

133. Those headphones aren’t expensive…

But regardless, WANT MOAR!!!

134. Is it terrible that I can identify a Lenovo at 100 paces?

135. sveettiieeeeewovs says:

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH mwiiiis two i jus wovves te pupstii soo cot …
    (jeeeeeaaaaaalous, dat sweeeeeee faf, that pupstii beeeeeewii, dose sarf teef an… annn… puppy beaf! makins mwe jus mwelt!)

136. sveettiieeeeewovs says:

OSSS YAH DAT DE PUPPEH TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

yah u could sa i OBSESSED!!11!!!!!!@@1!!@!!@@!!@@!@##!!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

137. OK, Kim B, submitter of this photo, my dog Mason looks JUST LIKE an adult version of your dog!!! If you want a photo of what he looks like, definitely comment back! I would love more of the baby. Mason is a Jack Russell – Chihuahua mix and he’s five and a half years old.