Juvenile Owl Humor

“Wow, is this a hot day or what? It’s so hot, I’m molting! Get it? Molting! Like ‘melting,’ but with an ‘O’.”

(I can't believe I'm related to this clown.)

Great Horned Owl chicks from Green Valley, Arizona. Photo by kretyen.

Comments

1. Knock Knock

Who’s There
    Orange
    Orange who

Knock Knock!

Whos there
    Orange
    Orange
    Who

Knock Knock
    Who there
    Banana
    Bananan who
    Aren’t you glad I didn’t say Orange again

Hyuck hyuck Hyuck

2. Is that one of those punchlines only dogs would get?

3. Nature is really funny. She keeps putting sharp bitey&scratchy bits in the middle of adorable balls of fluff. Kittens, some puppies, hamsters (they hunger for human flesh I tell ya) and these guys.
    I guess it’s about the only way to keep them protected from maurading bands of children. And me because I really want to pet them.

4. The little guy on the left totally looks like he’s rolling his eyeballs at his brother’s “joke.” :roll:

5. What do you call an owl with a low voice?

a cowl

6. O RLY? YA RLY!! [owls laugh]

7. Wow, the owl on the left is a CHAMPION eye-roller. He could give Disapproving Bunny a run for his money. (Hey, that rhymed!)

8. Bird One: Did you hear I was honored by the Queen?
    Bird Two: Oh really?
    Bird One: Yeah, she made me a knight owl!

9. 1: Knock Kock
    2: Whooo’s there (y’know, cause an owl would say ‘hooo’)
    1: Interrupting Owl!
    2: Interrupting Ow-
    1: OWL!!!!
    2: ah, crap. I hate you.

10. What do you get if you put a bee in front of an Owl?

you get a “Bowl”

11. But really, his eyes are closed, right?

12. “Knock knock”

“who’s there?”

“Owls”

“Owls who?”

“That’s right! Owls hoo!”

13. What’s an owl’s favorite Lionel Richie song?

Owl Night Long!

14. Knock Knock

15. Who’s There?

16. Cows Go.

17. d’aww, I dun’t get it!

18. Cows Go Who?

19. SILLY! Cows don’t go Who, Cows go Moooo!

20. I had to look twice to realice the owl in the left has its eyes closed lol he really looks like he is rolling his eyes

21. That’s an incredible fake-out! Eye spots on his eyelids, Hahaha!

22. What type of books do owls like to read?

hoot dunnits

Hehehehehehe

23. @ Metz Bwahahahahahahah!
    too funny!

24. I’m thinking instead of “WHO” the low voice sounds more like “MOO.” Therefore, COWL.

25. The Cat Foundation says:

Ha-ha-ha… stop, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease…… can’t take this anymore… too much fun, too many jokes…..

26. :lol: I think this is my favorite so far.

27. Where is teh whoovertext? The pictures seems…naked…without it.

28. AuntieBellum – Damn you took my line. By the way do you look anything like your avatar

29. It’s Tom and Ray Mowliozzi!

30. “Don’t fly like my brother.”
    “Don’t fly like my brother.”

31. 260Oakley – Knight errant.

32. Owl be seeing you.

33. dawnkeyotie says:

What a hoot!

34. kittiwoman says:

OMG-the jokes are REALLY corny….but I wants to pet the babehs–sooooo
    cute and fluffy. If only they don’t try to rip a finger off…..::sigh::

35. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

and also “Hyuck”, as well!! :)

36. brinnann, I have hoovertext. Don’t know why you don’t. Want me to read it to you?
    By the way, have you found a home for Sheba?

37. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

*groanitty groan GGGGRRRRRRROOOOOAAAANNNNN!!!*

(closely related to *snerkity snerk snerk*)

38. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

MY fave!!!

39. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

:( Me no gots hover OR hoovertext. :(

me tried 3x. :(

sad person is sad.

40. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Honorable Menshun for Honorable Gladys.

(BTW, is Gladys still part of your physical existence?)

41. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

My own (non-responding type) comment is:

Now THAT’s a Happy Owl(ette)!!!
    Super super happyface!!!

42. Don’t be sad! It says: (I can’t believe I’m related to this clown.)

43. We’ve gotten the word out thanks to the help of a lot of wonderful peeps and bloggers,, but sadly no responses just yet. :-(

44. So true, so true.

45. hahah that’s hilarious!

46. Now I have this giggle inducing image of maurauding bands of Cuteologists running wild, naturally equipped with “grabby hands”, convenient racks* for extra storage, and of course the call of the Cuteologist on spotting their Cute Prey, “Squee-Squee-Kathud”.

Wouldn’t that make an interesting nature program on The Discovery Channel, “In Search of the Wild Cuteologist”.

47. Same, I was laughing at that because he looks exactly like my sister does when I tell a lame joke.

48. Well, if I bobbed my hair and wore red lipstick and pink hornrims, I’d look pretty much just like that. :D

49. That’s my guess, but I’m no owlologist. For all I know, he really is walling his eyes in digust. Heh.

50. I have the hovertest but I read it as:
    I can’t believe I’m related to this DOWN.
    lol!

51. Ooops it was supposed to say Growl not cowl I messed it up some how

52. Cutie owlettes and Cah Tawk!! Head’s all ‘splody from the awesome! Great Wednesday pick me up!

53. I’m thinking he has fake eyeballs on his lids, so that other animals will always think he’s looking at them, even when his eyes are closed. Like the way some insects have false “eyes”. One of those little tricks of nature.

54. LOL! Go Metz!

55. bookmonstercats says:

@Metz, what would the Cuteologist’s dress-code be?

56. Q. What goes OOOOHW?
    A. An owl with his head turned around

57. Hmm, hadn’t thought of that. One would think they’d be naturally camoflauged in order to more efficiently sneak up on their Cute Prey, so I suppose there’d be a natural vaiance in their markings. You know, lots of t-shirts and sweat-shirts featuring cute animals and sayings, then there are the ones who have cleverly adapted by wearing the opposite colored clothing of the fur of their Cute Prey, you know, in order to attract said prey in rubbing itself and its fur all over said clothing.

58. I wouldn’t worry about it, it still works. If you think about it, cows are said to “Low” right?

59. Cowl does still work! :) Though when I re-tell to all my owl-loving friends (shhhh, don’t ask how many, I’m just making this up!), I’ll probably go with Growl.

60. “You’re not funny, Carl.”
    “What? That was HILARIOUS, Stan!”
    Too funny.

61. Coupla wise guys, eh?

62. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

“owlologist”= WIN

63. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

sssssso, yer point is???????

(giggle)
    ie– that don’t tell us much!!!

64. Boo! Just kidding, that’s cute. Maybe I’ll tell some of these owl jokes to my five-year-olds Friday morning. They should probably be able to make up some really lame ones themselves.

65. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

yay for skippymom — MY HERO

() person is no longer sad!!! :)

66. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

hopeful person is still hopeful

67. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

T’ree Stooges, eh?

68. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

heh heh @ KA

69. Fluffalicious. And the comments are just so punny!

70. I must be growing up! I’ve finally learned not to get all upset when I find myself in moderation.

71. Ay, who talkin’ to me?

72. PUNk?

73. I’m in the middle of reading the Guardians of Ga’Hoole so I am ‘specially enjoying these goofy owlets, and the terrible owl jokes : )

74. I will admit that I keep having ridiculous urges to put Maggie the new kitten into the pocket of my bathrobe. She’s so tiny. And FLUFFY! And definitely equipped with scratchy and pointy bits.

75. Makes me think of a favorite joke of my ex-husband’s (he is a good guy and we get along quite well).

Knock knock.
    Who’s there?
    Interrupting Cow.
    Interrupting Cow, w–MOO!

76. I will learn to read all of the posts before posting.
    I will learn to read all of the posts before posting.
    I will learn to read all of the posts before posting.

77. Makes me think of the Paul Simon song, “You Can Call Me Owl.”

What, that’s not what it’s called?

78. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Here, Noelegy, lemme do it for ya! :)

Signed,
    Glutton For Punishment (and kittayes)

79. Aww, one of my earliest memories is of my grandfather (who died when I was 3) taking me out to show me the owl that nested in the big tree in my grandparents’ front yard. He would shine a light up in the branches to show me how the owl turned its head around.

80. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

YA I Di-ud!!!

(punk yaself)

nannynannyboo boo!

81. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

300 % coolness!!!

82. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

*snicker*

and oblig. Airplane segue= “Just don’t call me Shirley!!”

83. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

How ’bout if I get upset, FOR ya???? :)

(Sharpy’s RIGHT BEHIND ME, isn’t she?)

84. We’re still looking for a home for Sheba. Metz has the word out on a blog or two, and some of her readers have spread it to their blogs. There have already been a couple of people mention that they’re in Texas and will ask their friends if anyone would like a kitteh. So no luck, but still hope.

85. Oops, I thought I’d read all the way to the bottom! Guess not!

86. Tankoo! I still can’t see it. :?

87. “Owlette” made me think “moist t’owlettes.” *giggle* Don’t think I wanna wipe my fingers with these guys, though…

88. Don’t worry, O NO, I got yer back. *cowers behind O NO’s back*

89. skippymom says:

I DO want to wipe my fingers with these guys!

90. skippymom says:

I’ll call you Owl if you’ll call me Beady.

91. Go right ahead. I’ll be waiting with bandages when you’re done…

92. Knock knock
    Who’s there?
    Control Freak. Now you say “Control Freak who?”
    :mrgreen:

93. It’s OK Tracylee, that same joke leapt directly into my mind, too.

94. YESS! “Unencumbered by the thought process!”

95. Bandages? We don’t need no stinkin’ bandages!

96. skippymom says:

Welcome to the party, Theresa!

97. ka-nock, ka-nock.
    Who’s there?
    Moo.
    Moo who?
    Make up yer mind!

98. “Hey guys, watch this!” :mrgreen:

99. LadyGalga says:

Owl on the right: “Why does an elephant wear yellow socks?”
    “-So you can’t see him when he’s floating upside down in custard pudding!”

Owl on the left: “…..”

100. victoreia says:

And there’d be lots of pockets, to stash the smaller morsels of fluff.

101. I can’t see the “whoovertext” on that picture either.

Love the owls and all the silly jokes!

102. flutterby says:

Whole thread cracking me up!!! Owl jokes, knock-knock jokes… CO Peeps are teh tops!!!

Fuzzy logic…

103. ka-nock, ka-nock! :grin:
    Sure, get some Prairie Home Companion in along with the Car Talk.
    Not sure how we can turn Garrison’s name into an Owl Pun though. ;-)

104. kibblenibble says:

Not an owl joke, but a joke told to me by a second grader:

Why did the bee go to the doctor?

Because he had hives! :lol:

105. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Have u been watching “The Simpsons” lately????? :)

106. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ brinann: oops, I di-unt thinka that (blushingk)

107. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

WOW that one is…..cosmic. Yeah, that’s it — it’s COSMIC!!

108. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

YAY kn and YAY secondgraders having fun!!! :)

and bees & owls are both flyin’ tree critters, so I say they’re in the same
    category!!!

109. you guys are cracking me up… :)

110. I called my bf owl..cuz his grey hair. Lol they are so cute

111. Am I really the first one to note that this is definitely juven-owl humor?

112. warrior rabbit says:

It’s hard now that they’re nested instead of just in order. It requires multiple passes. It just isn’t really feasible any longer. (I used to be diligent about reading before posting.)

113. warrior rabbit says:

I didn’t have hovertext, either! I was very disappointed, so thanks for providing it, Skippymom.

114. warrior rabbit says:

snerk — yes, actually, I think you are! Surprising, after 100+ comments.

115. biscuithead says:

If you truly love owls, the World Owl Trust is gorgeous!
    A wonderful place to visit, you’ll see.
    (No, I don’t work for them!)

They do WONDERFUL work and the staff are lovely!

116. O NO – If you mean my cat The Honourable Gladys Anstruther DFC and bar no, she died about five years ago, I have only to think of her and tear up, she was so unique.

117. Noelegy – I worked with someone, who really did, think the title was You can call me Owl :)

118. Can’t see it either.

Firefox?

119. I just thought of a good name for an owl: FLAP JACK. I think I might need to add another bird to my menagerie just so I can name it Flap Jack.

120. Hee! Hubby reports that around midnight, he was lying on his side with his arm bent at the elbow and leaning against my back, palm up. Maggie was cavorting around and chewing on his fingers. He said that all of a sudden, she crawled into the palm of his hand, pushed her head through the circle of his thumb and fingers, and went to sleep in his hand! Wish I’d seen that.

121. Always! :D

122. I love misheard song lyrics! We were listening to Elton John’s “Your Song” in the car the other day, and I told my hubby that when I was little, I thought the line, “If I was a sculptor” said “If I was a skeleton,” because of the odd emphasis he puts on it.

123. Makes me think of Waffles the cat. Hope Flap Jack doesn’t get stung by a bee!

124. Awww, I remember poor Waffles.

125. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

AND it’s literachua humah!!! win-win!! :)

126. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

ooooooooooo yes that was my reference and
    I sowwy that I caused u sadness. :( me condolences.

mebbe HGADFC & me own Salinger are getting to know ea other and perhaps even frolicking???? hope so.

127. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(head swivels L to R)
    “Where’s beeeeeeeeee????”

(silly, juvenile, ear-to-ear grin)

128. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

if ennyone kin do that, it’d be 2600akley…

129. I love that sproinging lamb named Bee. One of my fav CO posts evah.

130. Owls: the ultimate embarrassing siblings.

131. Exactly what I was thinking…his eyes are rolling.

132. Hon Glads companion was Flo full name Florence Vacance…Flo Holliday
    she had the most incredibly loud purr. When she died I consoled myself that she was in cat heaven teaching all the new kittys how to purr.

133. Who’s on first?