Mr. Velvet

Try not to feel too bad about your homely self when you’re near me–not many can compete with me…

Mr. Velvet.

That’s a handful of ego, Erica P.

1. Puppy looks incredibly soft.

2. That’s one for the record books!!!! I can’t even count all The Rules of Cuteness here. I, personally, am enamored by the EYES, the moist nose, the teensy claws, the anerable up-turned gaze… Oh, Erica…THANK YOU!!!!!!!! :)

3. Erica Pitt says:

You are very welcome. They had a litter of 5 or 6 pups I believe..all as adorable as this one!

4. The Velveteen Puglet.

5. And Brinn Wins the internets!

That is exactly what I thought when i saw Him!

6. *curtsey* Thank you kindly, Miss KA. :D

7. I sent a poem to Mr Velvet he said shelve it :(

8. Reminds me of my sweet Baby Pug. I miss his velvet furriness.

9. You…

10. Oh NO WAY!!!!!!!!!! *splode*

11. dawnkeyotie says:

Oy. The puppeh cuteness is unbearable. You must stop before my cute-o-meter breaks from going off the charts!

12. Too cute.

13. Pugalicious. Pugtastic. Pugalugadingdangdong!

14. Love Pugalugadingdangdong.

15. IT is a new word for all things marvelous and Pug related.

16. With or without the oooo eeee eeee ah ah! Pug, pong, pugalugadingdangdong!

17. Is that a Chittychittybangbang reference? Cuz thats how I sang it!

18. No, bagoguts was referring to the novelty song “Witch Doctor” (Oo, ee, oo ah ah, ting, tang, walla walla bing bang!).

19. Oh and dang your hide :)

20. Cute little baby puppy, made me smile and cry at the same time because he looks like Isis did as a baby, same little smoothed in face except she was a black cat and her ears pointed up not down.

Isis has crossed the Rainbow bridge today, she was 15 years old. I will miss her.

21. Gigi, so very sorry. I’m sure you gave Isis a wonderful life and all the love she could want. Hugs to you from me and Skippy.

22. It is hard to lose a friend, but I’m sure Isis is watching you from beyond the Rainbow bridge, purring her love for you. Hugs from Suki and me. But specially from Shiraz, the elvety black kitteh who owns me…

23. I am sending beams of love to Isis. :(

24. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

Isis and Gigi: you both have shared a wonderful love.

25. Becky, Bubba's mum says:

Gigi, you have my prayers and here’s a big hug for you. (((( ))))

26. {{{Hugs}}} for you. I know what that kind of loss feels like. Sending you strength and wishes for more furry love in your life.

27. Gigi…your post brought tears to my eyes. The loss of a pet is so hard but I know you will always have wonderful memories of your Isis. (((Hugs)))from me and ankle rubbings from my 3 kitties!

28. Thank you every one.
    I know it may sound weird to some, less to the C.O. peeps but even if
    I still have 5 cats left, somehow the house seems empty tonight.

29. Bunkeh Rabbets says:

My beloved black velvety labraguts went over the bridge in 2003, and I still feel like there’s a big dog-shaped hole next to me. You’re not silly for feeling the emptiness, or grieving for your furry girl.

I’m sure the others will find ways to fill the hole in your heart, and I’m sure Isis is having a whale of a time over that Rainbow Bridge. I hear they serve the tuna in bathtubs, that the mice are *really* slow, and that there are plenty of warm snuggle spots.

Love from us, and our Bunky Rabbits.

30. muttluver says:

*sniff* Of course it seems empty. Even if there are more kitties, one of your babies is gone. Gack. I’m crying now. *holds out my Little Bit* Do you mind puppy kisses? Cuz she loves giving them.

31. Not silly in the least she was a part of your life for 15 years feeling her loss is only natural. I remember when my first dog passed I was 17 and she was 14, she was my best friend for literally as long as I could remember. it was like losing a sibling so I know how devasting it can be and don’t tell yourself or let anyone else tell you youre grief is silly or illogical it’s not and anyone who has experienced a similar situation understands.

32. Gigi,

We just had to put our cat down this week. Saddest time of my life. We still have a pup, but definitely felt the emptiness too.

33. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

RR: hopefully your cat will meet my family’s “growing-up years” dog, Skipper (brittany spaniel) of at least 15 yrs. My dad was in combat & etc for 20-30 yrs ….only time I ever saw him cry, was when we carried Skipper to the vet for the same purpose.

34. It’s nice to think of the pets all together, romping. Thanks.

35. kibblenibble says:

Oh Gigi, I’m so sorry. :-( I had to put my Isabella down last month. She had cancer. Her picture is my avatar. It is always so hard to lose a fur-baby. Hugs from me and my big boy kitty, George.

36. Oh Gigi, my heart goes out to you. Someone brilliant once said “Grief is the price we pay for love.” We are never really ready to let them go.

37. victoreia says:

38. Gigi – You will remember her for ever.
    “Love is not changed by death”

39. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

HG — that’s very impactful and yet very simple. Is that something that came to you? or if it’s an author, can you recall who it was?

40. O NO – I’ve just Googled it, as I should have, years ago,
    it’s by Edith Sitwell.

41. O NO – It is enscribed on my parent’s grave stone, my sister said she heard it on the radio and doesn’t think it was by anyone well known. But I agree it has many meanings.

42. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Thanks HG for determining its origin.

Truly a lovely and remarkable turn of phrase, while concise for moments when lengthy expressions can be tedious.

My condolences to your family on the evident love for your parents. Peace.

43. Sorry to hear that, *sending comforting vibes your way*

44. Jesus Christ, that little dude literally just made me YELP at my desk!
    Now everyone is looking at me funny.

45. skippymom says:

Mr. Velvet puts the Omigosh in Prosh.

46. What a cutie :) Just like those in here

47. @cuteheaven: you like us, we like you, we get it.

48. Sharpy! Is that a Prisoner avatar I spy?!

49. be seeing you!

50. Sharpy – Your avatar keeps morphing I can’t keep up.

51. i’m sneaky that way.

52. Is.. is this cute spam? Seriously? Are we gonna have notices from places selling us NI KE as well soon and cougar meeting sites?

53. HAW!

54. tesstricks says:

Are his leetle teeny claws velvet-y, too??

55. You too can look this good with:
    Velvet Puppy’s Perfect Coat Puppy Shampoo

56. Such a solemn look on such a young puglet.
    He’s thinking some deep velvety thoughts.

57. This is how I looked last time I tried to change the office printer toner cartridge.
    Maybe not as cute.

58. Pyrit – LOL

59. the EYES O_O!

60. Did we mention his PROSH PAWS YET1!!!!1111

61. Actually the more I look at this picture, the more I start imagining him saying, “Look at your hand, now look at me, now look at your hand, now back to me…don’t you wish I were in your hand right now?

62. muttluver says:

Is… is this from that youtube spoof? The one with that bad superhero or what/whoever it was? (I think he was called Deadpool or something…. I don’t keep track of that particular fandom, but a friend showed it to me.

Also, look at the beginning of my first sentence. It only took reading Mel’s comment twice for some of her style to rub off on me. :P

63. kibblenibble says:

I love that, Metz! Those Old Spice ads are fabulous! :lol:

64. God, I’m homely. Thanks for reminding me, Mr Velvet Coat Big Soulful Eyes Nommable Ears Dainty Paws.

*Puts bag on head and locks herself in darkened room*

65. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

ooooooooooooh Alice!!

You’ve been elected Homecoming Queen! Come back outta there!

66. Awww, shucks….

Well, if you say so. But handfuls of proshness like Mr Velvet really make you want to give up!

67. muttluver says:

Oh, Alice. *shakes head* Humans and puppies are different species, you can’t compare them silly! Puppies have a level of proshness few humans ever acheive, and, well…. it’s like looking at airbrushed pictures of models. You are bee-yoo-tee-ful no matter what people tell you. Now give us a speech!

68. Thanks to CO, I’ve fallen in love with pugs, French Bulldogs, and Boston Terriers. Who knew they could all be so cute and funny? I’d already decided that I’d get a black pug. They don’t usually photograph well, but I love them.

69. muttluver says:

I LOVE BLACK DOGS. They’re underappreciated, but they’re SOO beautiful. And yes, they’re hard to photograph (I know, I have a black boy) but it’s totally worth it.

70. Happy nosevember!

71. skippymom says:

Heh heh, in a story time for 4-year-olds this morning we read Chicken Soup With Rice and I explored the concept of months with them. (For instance, Snow is not a month, nor is Christmas. Complicated stuff.) Anyway, when we got to which month just started today, I told them it’s called Nosevember.
    Yes, I will fry in Heck.

72. :lol: That just totally made my day. Didja tell them ’bout Tocktober, too? :twisted:

73. gleefully imagining little Tommy coming home today to ‘splain to his Mom and Dad :twisted:

74. We were just talking the other day about how much fun a Cute Overload Scrabble Tournament would be. When playing with my husband the other night it was SO hard to not make the word Tocktober when I had the chance.

75. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Your restraint is admirable!!!

76. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

To Skippymom:

Re: Snow is not a month, nor is Christmas. Complicated stuff.
    I LIKE yer perspecive, ma’am!!!

77. In Nosevember’s dusty gale, I will flop my flippy tail, and spout hot soup, I’ll be a whale!

78. Hah! I love it. We should spend more time messing up our youth… ;-)

79. hmmm, this didn’t post in the right spot – should be under skippymom’s post.

80. JustanotherHeather says:

Isn’t he missing something, like a powder blue tuxedo? Or an embroidered 18th century coat? With lace dripping from the sleeves, of course.

81. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

makes ultimate wardrobe sense, to me!!!

82. luvstehQte says:

ooooh, i LOVE chicken soup with rice! (it’s by maurice sendak, same author as ‘where the wild things are’ for those of you not familiar). so many catchy rhymes and great illustrations! sadly, i work with mid-elementary aged kids who don’t know that christmas isn’t a month, so yours are ahead of mine (and don’t get me started on the inequities of public education funding in urban school districts–a definitely unQte topic!)

on a MUCH Qter note, i once saw a picture in a magazine of a darling black pug like this one wearing a gargoyle howl-o-ween costume and it was absolutely spot-on! i’m getting all gushy just remembering it!

83. muttluver says:

The red makes the picture. The pug (I wrote bug XD) is cute by himself, but the red just adds something. I like it.

84. BTW, please tell me his name is really Mr. Velvet.

85. kibblenibble says:

I want to kees the top of hees round leetle haid. *mwah*

86. my heart just exploded into a million trillion velvet tear drops of love

87. A little pug nose is the perfect way to welcome in NOSEVEMBER!!!!! Happy Nosevember everyone!

88. Fleurdamour says:

He looks like a baby seal.

89. Alexandra Noelle says:

fuzzzzzzzzzzyness :)

90. Sooooo cute, such nice fur

91. emmberrann says:

Major eearrznomming going on! Nomnomnommmmmm…

92. Oooh..I just want to cuddle him and kiss him to pieces! Precious!

93. I’m totally hearing Barry White in my head as I gaze upon this little piece o’gorgeousness.

94. cassandra says:

*squee* I are ded at the thought of this little puglet. too cute!

95. You know what it is that gets me? It’s the thousand-yard stare. It’s like he’s running for office.

96. Do I spy a waiterrant reference?