To Absurdity… and Beyond!

Mission log, stardate 5295.2: Have encountered a bizarre race of creatures who all wear distinctive outer garments, despite already owning built-in fur coats.

Taken by Melissa S. at Chicago’s 2009 Spooky Pooch Parade.

1. Mary (the first) says:

Beam him up!

2. CUTE!

3. i’ve come to the conclusion that animal costumes are the best part of halloween :)

p.s. felt crappy this morning as i have to start getting up earlier and didn’t get enough sleep last night – but then i peeled away the page on my co calendar and saw that super cute nose and i realized it is now nosevember and it totally brightened my day :D

4. Sending the Rover on a mission to Sirius?

5. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice doggie subtextS, there :)

6. Andi from NC says:

The helmet totally makes it….

7. 260Oakley says:

Nope, I think this astronut is on a direct course for Uranus.
    (he is a dog, after all)

8. Oh dear! (helpless laughter)

9. 260Oakley says:

Good thing I didn’t submit the one about searching for black holes…

10. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

yeah, it IS good, that you chose not to do so, huh? ;)

11. rolling helplessly on the floor, clutching my belly, which is aching from laughing, guffawing, chuckling, and just plain snorting….

12. Hope the pup knows Klingon :D

13. Ahhh…you two are bad. Bad, bad, bad. (And, I love it!!!) :D

14. I’m from Europe and we don’t celebrate Halloween, but it seems to be a lot of fun!!!!

15. Take me to your leader of the pack Earthling!

16. Ground control to Major Dog….

doggeh is not the only alien who finds Earthlings to be …well…

17. Commander Heel Armstrong prepares for launch.

18. Check out the wheels of the stroller behind him. Someone needs to watch where they’re going!

19. YUCKY!

20. Poor benighted goggie.

21. 260Oakley says:

Ground control to Major Nom

22. bob drummond says:

first dog on the moon ,maybe?

23. I admire that dog. Not many dogs would be so cooperative in the wearing of that elaborate costume!! The dog is really cute, great costume.

24. I think they need to start enforcing poop and scoop laws **cough*STROLLER WHEELS*cough**

25. luvstehQte says:

hmmm, oakley and malinki’s comments remind me of a joke i heard many years ago (in high school):
    q: how is toilet paper like the starship enterprise?
    a: they both circle uranus looking for klingons

happy howl-o-ween! (belated!)

26. Looking at Buzz Lightpaws here, I wonder what I always wonder about astronauts: “How does he go to the bathroom?”

27. Depends :D