Banana Split Kitteh Eats Banana Split

HALP!

I’m DEE-LEE-SHOUS!

Halloween hijinx via Balloon Juice, sent in by Jeremy F.

Comments

1. This would only get more awesome if it was winston!

2. My very first thought!

3. MoonCatty says:

Nom… nom… nom… mmmmm…

The Banana. Probably the only fruit I’ve seen kittehs like to munch!

4. Rule 34.

5. Needs more Winston fangs.

6. Argh, now I cannot get THIS song out of my head…

7. Love how the Banana Splits sampled Bob Marley… or is it the other way around? http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7571952.stm

8. Cat in a banana split costume = awesome!! Bonus: Hello Kitty purse!!

9. When you gotta nom you gotta nom.
    I’m coming to the conclusion that cats like sweet things, my Sid licked most of the chocolate off a cocoa dusted chocolate nut.

10. This is the juuuuuiciest thing I have ever seen. I love it! cute cat in a WEIRD costume eating food that ties in with costume. WOW.

11. Seems to be that flat faced cats likes fruits :D

12. happy halloween…

this is a cute kitty video

13. i_wuvs_puttins says:

Things my cat likes (not bananas): butter, Parmesan cheese, those crunchy noodles you get from Chinese restaurants. Not in quantity of course, just a tiny taste to keep her from tapping my shin while I’m eating.

My friend’s cat loves refried beans and pork ‘n beans.

14. lep lep lep lep

15. My cat, Echo, loved tomatoes. When I came home from the store, I had to remove all the tomatoes immediately from the shopping bag, or she would puncture each one with her teeth.

16. i_wuvs_puttins says:

Evidently, big cats luv punkins!

17. nom nom nom mmmmmm
    Tastes just like CHIPMUNK….nom nom nom……

18. Love the happy little licking noises.

A banana split eating a banana split. That is just sooo meta.

19. flutterby says:

Shmooshy face eating smooshy fruit – cute!!!

20. revolution724 says:

The innuendo is strong with this one.

21. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Hi MoonCatty :)

if I were finding this at the more-energetic part of my day, I would do some rummaging in CO archives. You wouldn’t BELIEVE the hullaballoo that have developed over cats & cantalopes (and I believe also watermelon although I don’t clearly recall wh. that was about cats or a different animal). THAT produced quite a vast tome of responses. I don’t recall whether we ever resolved any particular logical reason causing the kitty and cantaloupe thing. But LOTSA good stories were unfolded …..:)

22. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

same here!!

23. It is the other way around.The Banana Splits theme predated the song Buffalo Soldier by many years. Maybe Marley was a fan?

24. Erm, I had to turn that of at 23 seconds. Too much leeeking.
    Anyhooo, my cat likes small, delicate pieces of buttered toast. No, I don’t dress him (or I) in a Jeeves costume.

25. bob drummond says:

I just love eating bananas myself but this kitty eating one is the cat’s meow.
    Also those music videos really brought back magic memories of what was
    labeled Bubblegum Rock. Really!

26. My cat Diego *loves* to eat lettuce. And anything else with leaves really, including silk plants.

27. kibblenibble says:

After seeing Winston eating bananas, I offered one to George. He was afraid of it. He is afraid of a lot of things. :-( He DOES like brie, though. And yogurt.

28. Poor George! I’ll bet he’s just a very sensitive guy. Was he a rescue?

29. @ fern – I found your thoughts about kibblenibble’s George very interesting, I would guess he is maybe not necessarily a rescue – but certainly sensitive, and do you note the things like cheese and yogurt – are milk preparations – may be he misses his Mama and the other little guys. I feel anyway that probably Kibblenibble is just the best of Human Mamas for him. Funny how these critters develop – all of them – their special tastes – My Mickey-Boy – aww way back when – was a mouser – and the best,
    he was well fed – but I think his Mama was a feral cat – and Mick was not the “Cuddlesome -bunny” type – he showed his love by fetching you a mouse.
    “Aww thanks Mick – I’ll eat it later” then I’d get a cushion thrown at my head by my Pop for being silly – oh dear – I’ve written a long one – love to all !!

30. And I’m sure they like the other type of fruit.

31. What is it with Persians and Exotics and bananas? I have never met any other breed of cat that likes bananas. I must try and see if Janelle (my Persian, now living with a friend) likes bananas! :)

32. I find it hard to believe no one said, “You are what you eat!” That was my first thought!

I adore the dainty nibbling. My corgie is anything but dainty when it comes to food.

33. A friend described this to me last week and I thought for sure that it was Winston. Nice to see other cats liking bananas as much as Winston does :-)

34. This is SO adorable….and funny!!!

35. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

WOW.
    (boggle-eyed emoticon).

now THAT’s (?) a bit outta the ordinary ?

36. Queen of Dork says:

I like brie and yogurt too! (although not together) I think I’ll throw a party. A Halloween Party and serve brie on crackers and some other stuff. And drinks that you ladle out of a huge kettle smoking with dried ice. *runs away cackling and shrieking to closet to dress in witch costume*

37. He’d better watch his sugar intake, or he’ll get DIABEETUS!

38. snorglepup says:

Who knew pumpkins were such fun for big kitties!

39. All right! Now there is proof of the Persian banana-scarfing gene, it’s similar to the Oriential yowling gene. :)

40. Winston also eats bananas. Based on this sample size of two, I hypothesize that smooshed -face kittehs like to eat bananas.

41. kibblenibble says:

Fern,
    He WAS a rescue, found wandering the streets at four months old, and nearly euthanized. He shows his immense gratitude to have a home each and every day. I think he must have had some scary times as a baby. I don’t think they involved killer bananas, though. It’s the smell that puts him off, I think.

42. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(*snerk*)

My brain went TOtally all MPython at
    the phrase “killer bananas”!!! Don’t give George any thoughts that the snerk could have been at his expense, though. He’s a dear love and I’m sure that he knows how wunnerful, the kibblenibble household is.

43. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

HEY LADY keep down that cackling, will ya?? ;)

44. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

I concur with your assessment, tblue. Might I add to the study’s conclusions, however, that :

“they are also cute.” [the kittehs, that is] ??????

45. kibblenibble says:

Leslie, if you want to learn how to make all the little faces, go to:

codex.wordpress.org/Using_Smilies

46. My cats love watermelon and Stevie, my Orange Terror (orange kitteh), loves Brach’s mellowcreme pumpkins, as I found out the other day. He had eaten half of one by the time I could get it away from him.

47. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Thank you kn!!!

48. Gatita Bonita says:

“It’s so tasty, too” Mmmm, Potassium!!!

49. I always thought banana was an odd flavoring choice for kitty amoxicillin, but apparently some cats must like it. Now bubblegum on the other hand…any bubblegum-loving cats out there?

50. :lol: That kitty sure enjoys eating that banana :lol:

51. My evil old cat Claire (bit people as they slept) was part squishyface, with round eyes and very soft but short fur and a stocky body. She loved, loved, loved steamed broccoli. And canteloupe. Never tried her on bananas, though.