Shiny Hippo ‘Tocks

I like to get them waxed once every ‘Tocktober…

Photo by Chelsea Oakes

1. haha!

2. I can see myself!

3. Peg, sweetheart, if you see yourself in those baby hippo ‘tocks, I think it’s time to make an appointment at the beauty salon. :shock:

4. @brinnan: would you suggest a shot of bo-tocks?

5. And maybe a little hipposuction.

6. HAW!

7. Look at those cute hippo Toesies!

8. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

“Hippo supposes his Toes-es are Roses…” :)

9. i get it. haha

10. I [heart] beeg heepo toes! :)

11. now those are some serious toe beans.

12. That is one tiny tail for such serious ‘tocks!

13. Shinny heinie!

14. Denise A. says:

Scientists have just discovered an entirely new breed among even-toed ungulates, long hidden in the lakes and rivers of deep sub-Saharan Africa: the Hippobottomus.

15. *snorfs water out her nose with laughter*

16. Martha in Washington says:

Are there odd-toed ungulates too? Inquiring minds want to know.

“Hippobottomus” makes me laugh!

17. I think the odd-toed variety are classified as

18. bob drummond says:

Actually, the odd toed ungulates are rhinos,
    tapirs,and horses,zebras and jackasses.

19. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

:) @ Brinnann!!!

20. Look at the seriously bleeny toes!!!

21. So, zoos hire hippo shiners? I’d like to fill out an application.

22. @lanie …. Me too! I guess the idea works like shining up propane tanks—it reflects the heat! Whatever the reason, I wouldn’t mind hanging w/ baby hippos! :-)

23. zekenzoey says:

did you use armourall on those ‘tocks or are they your disco pleather pants!

24. O NO He/She/it DI-unt!!! says:

I hazard the guess, that these fellows & gals go for THA REAL HARDCORE stuff; TURTLE WAX. The can/ paste kind (`1970s era, folks); not no Wimpy pour-on stuff from a bottle ….

Dad LUUUUUUVED his 1971 240 Z (red brick color)

25. 260Oakley says:

Rear-view mirror

26. kibblenibble says:

27. @260Oak I think Denise has it this time.

28. @Denise A.: Ha! “Hippobottomus”–wonderful! :-)

29. 260Oakley says:

Shine on, Harvest Moon

30. It’s a two-fer from 260!

31. @Denise A. – BWahahaha. Thanks for that. Awesomeness.

32. Denise A. says:

Arigato, everyone. But your most generous and flattering accolades are in fact compliments for Oakley-Sensei. I am merely an acolyte….a ponderer of all puns Oakley….a grasshopper.

O pun of Oakley:
    spark; guide; inspiration for

33. 260Oakley says:

Many thanks for the haikute, but you are no mere punderstudy! You shine in your own light (just like those hippopotomette ‘tocks).

34. Denise A. says:

Now, see, if I were really ready for the big time, I’d have thought of “punderstudy.” {{awe}}

35. We are all bathed in the glow of this shiny heiney. :mrgreen:

36. “I can see myself!”

37. Denise A. says:

By the way, won’t all of you still here after the Great Kitteh Brouhaha of 2010 join me in a round of Qte adulation and devotion? One, two three….

We love you, Ceeee-eeee—-Ooooohhhhhhh
    Oh yes we dooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We love you Ceee-eeee—Oooooohhhhhhh
    Our hearts are truuuuuuuuuue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. @denise a: when you’re not with us, we’re blue! oh commenters we love a-yoo!!

39. It was like it never even happened… Snicker!

40. awwww shiny
    the cutest tocks have to be the hipo tocks

41. I think elephant tocks give hippo tocks a run for their money. But it’s close.

42. muttluver says:

I DON’T SEE THE APPEAL OF TOCKS. (Maybe I’m just weird.) But this post made me giggle.

43. Don’t ‘tock it ’til you try it.

44. muttluver says:

When my siter and I were kids, “Cutest little bottom I ever did see!” was heard frequently in our house. But I dunno, I just prefer to look at my babies’ faces. More snorgle-able.

45. Hippopota-tocks!

46. shiny

(browncoats agree)

47. *snorfs water out of nose again*

Can this hippobottomus kill you with his brain, or with his tocks? WHAT IF IT’S BOTH!?

48. Denise A. says:

No, only politicians can do that. Oh, wait! In their case, it’s not “both,” it’s “one in the same.”

49. Denise A. says:

Oops! “One -and- the same.”

50. You were right the first time about politicians when you wrote “it’s ‘one in the same'”. IMHO, their brains are usually found up their ‘tocks. But that’s just my opinion.

51. Next time any of you think of wearing leather trousers remember this picture :)

52. 8: Eep.

53. Take two: 8-: Eeep.

54. Haha, I defenitely keep that in mind!

55. Same goes for spandex.

56. muttluver says:

Speedo: not ok
    Manscaping can do wonders
    I still want a s’more

Not mine. Was on in the comments of a blog on how certain people should not wear speedos. Ever.

57. muttluver says:

I’m sorry. I had to. I apologize in advance. You will hate me if you click on this link. Or laugh your tocks off. Or just sit there in embarassed/horrified amazement. Or think it’s hilarious. I just thought it kind of fit.

58. muttluver says:

……..I thought it was a link. I’m sorry.

59. I opted for horrified amazement with intermittent giggling.

60. Um. What the heck did I just watch?!? I don’t know if I should laugh or be horrified. Maybe both. Music is catchy tho.

61. “Spandex is a privilege, not a right.”

62. Spandex is a scourge and an abomination. :mrgreen:

63. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ AuntieBellum
    (in re 1:53 pm comment)

got they-uh, is certainly a clearly stated policy!!!”

64. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(oops I meant to cite the time of 1:42!!!)

65. skippymom says:

A dire offense against all that is good and true.

66. How shine!!! I can almost see myself :D

67. CH, do you have the CO Page-a-Day calendar? That’s today’s pic! (Or one very similar to it.)

68. I need whatevah he/she’s using to moisturize with. I’ve got a groom shop (and get the joy of playing with puppies, kitties, bunnehs, and guinea pigs all day, lawl) and mah hands get like a mummy’s in the winter.

69. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ mamabear:

(me, in a whiny 4-yr old kid voice) ” i wantcher jooooooobbbbb!!!”
    (at least the part about playing w/ critters. mummy hands? not so much…)

70. skippymom says:

They call him the Crisco Kid.

71. Denise A. says:

Bwah-hah-hah-hah! Two snaps up, in a circle!

72. OK, I’m going to admit it: I am not familiar with this phrase, although I take it as an indication of approval. I just Googled it, but all the results looked like things I probably didn’t want to open….

73. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Skippymom: reference the tv program “In Living Color” and a recurring skit/ series “Men on Film”.
    Subtopic: ….shall I say, “being fabulous”????

Almost every sketch had a sassy variation of finger-snapping when they approved of a particular item or topic: from
    ..”two snaps up, in a circle….”
    to and / including “the yet unheard of Zorro snap,
    in Z formation!”

In one episode, one of the “hosts” / “hostesses”???
    review, of one particular film consisted of the following:

“Three words: ‘fa – bu – lous’!”

(part of my notes here
    cut/ pasted from article in Wikipedia)

74. skippymom says:

Thanks for the explanations, ladies!

75. Denise A. says:

It’s from the early-Nineties comedy show, “In Living Color.” In one recurring sketch, Damon Wayans and David Allen Grier are film reviewers, and snaps are their substitute for “thumbs up.” Two snaps up in a circle was good; I have since learned that there were better reviews, such as “three snaps in a Z–the Zorro snap!” I confess that I don’t remember much of the real content except this famous quote (although Jim Carrey as Fire Marshal Bill was funny), but you are probably wise not to go to any site that prominently features it, except maybe an “In Living Color” fan page or something.
    Just meant “Crisco Kid” was really funny!

76. skippymom says:

Has anyone mentioned buttered buns?

77. You just did LOL!

78. skippymom says:

Wait…I did?

79. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

80. Hippotockamus? Has no one really already said that?

81. Perfect END to ‘tocktober : )

82. victoreia says:

Does this mean we’ll be seeing this pic again on Sunday? 8-O

83. Shiny happeeeee tockies… having fun!

84. flutterby says:

Beautifully buffed butt!

85. MoonCatty says:

Who put the Turtle Wax on the hippo ‘tocks?!

Oh well… works great!

86. I have got to close my curtains!

87. Urge to do wax on, wax off on the ‘tocks!

88. I think my friend R. Kelly said it best

89. I’m trying to remember all the words from “Glorious Mud” by Flanders and Swann. “A bold hippopotamus was standing one day, on the banks of the cool Shalimar…..”

or am I just showing my age?

90. Alyx – Maybe you are showing your age but who cares. I was singing their version of a Mozart horn concerto earlier today. “I miss it’s music more and more and more, without my horn I am feeling sad and so for-lor -orn…..”

91. Shine On Harvest Moon!!!

92. luvstehQte says:

oh muttluver–that VIDEO!! *shivers* and yet, why can’t guys here dance like that? (minus the terrifying outfit, of course!) (not that i mean “au naturel” that would be the only thing to make this MORE terrifying–i meant wearing normal clothes instead!)