Today’s C.O. Brainteaser!

So, you think you’re an advanced Cuteologist? Test your IQte with this brain-busting challenge: Arrange these puppies from left to right, in order of cuteness. (Answer in hovertext)

˙ǝɥɔɐpɐǝɥ ɐ ǝɯ buıʌıb sı ʇxǝʇ uʍop-ǝpısdn sıɥʇ puɐ ǝʇnɔ ןןɐ ǝɹ,ʎǝɥʇ ‘ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔǝɥ ǝɥʇ ‘ɥɐ ˙˙˙dnssoʇ ɐ ɟo puıʞ ǝɹɐ ǝuo puɐ ǝuıu ‘ʎןןɐǝɹ ‘ןןǝʍ ˙˙˙ǝuo uǝɥʇ ‘ǝuıu ǝʌɐɥ ǝʍ ‘uo buıʌoɯ ‘ʞo ˙˙˙xıs puɐ ʇɥbıǝ uǝǝʍʇǝq ǝɯoɔ pןnoɥs uǝʌǝs ‘ʎןןɐnʇɔɐ ˙˙˙oʍʇ uǝɥʇ puɐ ɹnoɟ ‘ǝʌıɟ uǝɥʇ ‘xıs ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞɐɯ ‘ou ˙˙˙ǝʌıɟ ‘ʇɥbıǝ :ɹǝʍsuɐ

We’ll order one of each, Amy K.

Advertisements

Comments

1. I’ll take one of each too. SO MANY PUPPEHS!!!

and I’m first?

2. Aww, what’s cuter than puppies playing de-fence?

3. One mom or two? Thatsa lotta puppies!!

4. Trick question. They’re all equally cute.

5. All equal in my eyes, but the pup that is second from the left ….. I think I’d like to snorgle him first, please.

6. @260Oakley: Puppies running around the yard playing off-fence.

7. The more interesting question is how many hoomans are crouching behind the pups to hold them thusly? I think I spy the hair of a few crouching holders.

8. A peck of prosh puppulence? *ded*

9. Is this going to be on the final exam?

10. I can usually read all sorts of foreign characters but the text that I am guessing is supposed to look upside down displays as gibberish symbols. That is okay, though, I don’t think it would have been worth reading anyway, like much of the text on this site

11. I’ll take #5, pls.
    thanks!
    C.O.D., I promise!

12. Oh btw…NEED to see the view from the OSOTF (other side of the fence). Hasn’t been much ‘Tocks in ‘Tocktober… Justsayin… kthx : )

13. Reibear – wow, zing?

14. @ Reibear: seriously?

15. S.J. Hartsfield says:

@Robin Yeah, looks like an unnecessary zing to me.

Regarding puplets, how does one choose!?

16. FinnMacCool says:

my head just exploded. Couldn’t brain the cuteness.

17. Hey S.J., one doesn’t. Once just lays in the grass and lets the puppehs snorgle all over you.

18. LaureninGeorgia says:

@reibear – get a sense of humor, puleeezzzeeee.

19. I’ll take #7 from the left. I like the white toes, I like the squarer muzzle, I like the tightly folder ears. Others have one or two of those but #7 has the trifecta. Not that I’d turn down snorgling any of them….

Also, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, BEEEEP.

20. Apparently my IQ is to low for this kind of challenge :D!

21. Not That Mike The Other Mike says:

Don’t be hard on reibear; it’s a legitimate point of view. We write what amuses ourselves (and, we hope, others), but we always remember that Cute Overload is mostly about pictures of cute things.

22. Sure it is, NTMTOM. But life is about learning to be a grownup and expressing yourself in a mature, polite manner, like a grownup and not a petulant brat.

23. Martha in Washington says:

@NTMTOM–Yeah, we come here for the pictures but we stay for the witty repartee, namely, yours.

24. NTMTOM — there’s not much out there, anywhere, that’s better than your ‘Ballad of the Prickly Kid’.

25. I mean Legend, darn it — Legend of the Prickly Kid

26. @denise a

>>Puppies running around the yard playing off-fence.

yi yi yi yi!

27. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

1. 2. 3. 4. …

Beep.

28. @auntiebellum and MR.NTMTOM

and now i can’t delete it!

but then again, i get to use my new icon!

SHHHHHH!

29. Mary (the first) says:

I’ll take #4 first, his/her slightly worried expression has melted my heart.
    And, @Judith (23 & 24), I second that. I have the Prickly Kid printed out and up over my desk for inspiration. 😀 (LOVE to NTMTOM)

30. @Mary (the first) — it’s over my desk too!

31. Denise A. says:

Can someone please post a link to “Legend of the Prickly Kid”? It must pre-date my pursuit of Cute.

32. Denise A. says:

@AuntieBellum: Thank you. Please warn me next time to have a paper bag handy for when I hyperventilate laughing. Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!!!!!!!

33. Oh, are those Red-bone Coon Hound puppies?? They look like mini versions of my Levi who is a mix of red-bone and rhodesian….

34. ¡uoısnןןı ןɐɔıʇdnd ɐ ¡sɹoɹɹıɯ ɥʇıʍ ǝuop ןןɐ s,ʇı ˙sǝıddnd uǝʇ ʎןןɐǝɹ ʇ,uǝɹɐ ǝɹǝɥʇ ‘sdǝǝd

35. Thanks AuntieBellum, I don’t know how but I missed “Legend of the Prickly Kid”
    I must of been out of town or out of my mind LOL!

BTW I’ll tale ALL the puppies 🙂

36. While “Prickly Kid” is good enough, no post compares to “Is…That All There Is?”
    I go back to that one over and over, and it cracks me up every single time.

37. aight, we got # 4, 5, & 7 claimed

who’s gonna take the rest of these?

38. soo I have a laptop so i just flipped it over and read it lol… unfortunately Im at school so everyone was looking at me strangely lol.

39. Number four from left looks the most perky, after that it gets difficult, however look out for the Ent in the background stage left, it’s not Treebeard and I’m not sure of his intentions.

40. Windows PC trick:

To turn the screen upside down —
    Hit CTRL + ALT + the down arrow key
    (CTRL + ALT + up arrow flips the screen back to normal view)

Also, CTRL + ALT + the left and right arrows flip the screen left and right.

41. 6, 2, 10, 5, 4 – no wait – 7, 3, 5, 1, 8 – no wait – 2, 9, 6, 4 – no wait – 3, 7……
    I’ll get back to you.

42. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Myself, I’ll go for # 3.5.

43. Ten little puppies, all in a row . . . are ten times the cute!

44. “Arrange these puppies from left to right, in order of cuteness. ”

Stack them vertically. Problem solved. 😛

45. This could be like the world’s hardest “find the matching pair” game.

46. flutterby says:

Huffing all that puppy bref!!!

47. muttluver says:

FOURTH PUPPEH. I recognize that look from my Lil Bit. That… I think…. is… a contemplative look? Like she’s watching something.

My personal favorite is the Uh oh EHN! picture with the ginger kitty stretched out between sofa and coffee table. Or the vortex of cuteness post. (It was a puppy and there were smelling salts and who was playing nurse again?) I need to go find these posts again. (The search engine isn’t all that helpful… not trying to complain, just… sigh….)

48. kibblenibble says:

Thanks for the links Margot and Auntiebellum. Those are two of my favorites as well, and both are ample evidence of NOMTOM’s talent. It is why we line up on a regular basis with our marriage proposals.

As for the pups, want, want, want, want, want, want, want, want, want, want!

49. Impossible! Inpossible! *spa-lode*

50. bob drummond says:

If anyone thinks I am going to arrange these guys ,then you must be nuts.
    They’re all cute.

51. bookmonstercats says:

Like muttlover, I often wish I could find old posts more easily. Do clever peeps who can do tricks, like Pyrit and Jim, know how to create a permanent link to a post? I’ve added them to favourites, but eventualy they disappear. Like the guy who did the funny take-off of Desdemona, the biscuit-stealing bunny.

52. Ok, I had not yet declared my luff to NTMTOM, but today’s post was too moyshe:

Sir NTMTOM, you’re too adorable and brilliant and funny for a girl to resist! (and I bet a few boys too)

53. bookmonstercats – Normally, I don’t talk to spiders. 🙂
    I don’t know how to make a permanent link. My experience with all things internet is greatly in lack of, hmmm, shall I say, logic? Jim?

54. bookmonstercats says:

pyrit, it is a smiling spider, so it’s ok to talk – trust me (heh heh). I thought it was very clever of you to put you comment in upside down, though 😉

55. Ok…I want #5 from the left!
    As for Legend of the Prickly kid…I must’ve not been around for that….can we have a repeat???? If NTMTOM was responsible, it has to hilarious.
    Want Want Want!! Pretty please!?

56. Finally found it! Phew. That took a LOOOOONG time.

mplsdeb, the link’s in the comments above.

57. Oh muttlover, thank you. Wow. Good times. Good peeps.

58. lol at #4 he looks alert to me. Thought of the 10 little indians song…convert to puppehs.

1 little, 2 little, 3 little puppehhs…:)

59. Thanks muttluver, did you see the Theo comments, sob sniffle blub sigh.

60. 8 has the best “baby face” Nooone called him…mine mine all mine.

61. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Valerie: 🙂

62. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ pyrit:

“DAMMIT JIM!!!
    I’m a DOCTOR not a ……[insert other occupational field of choice]”

(heh) (heh)

I know, it’s a BIT twisted from its original delivery, but it were JIST TOO temptin’!!
    🙂

63. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Also @ bookmonstercats:

1– at the left margin of your CO page, below the headline which sez “Tawk Amongst yourselves”, there is a tab which says “Archives” and that has a monthly dropdown button; it’s structured by date of the post.

2– I don’t know if this would pertain as computer clevairness, but at a certain point, I started noting the date from a pic/ post and one or two words about the pic, in some written notebook you have (or on yer hard drive, saved in a separate “notepad document); that way you have something to which you can add new items as needed, yet it’s limited to only the items which you specifically want). That way when I was on my way during a busy day and couldn’t do something with the item right then, it was / is both quick and easy to relocate that particular column/ post.

hope this is relevant and not already obvy? anyway best of karma to ya

64. O NO – You got it exactly!

65. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ pyrit: for ONCE!!!
    (victorious snerk)

HIGH FIVE!!!
    (However, unfortunately, I *don’t* have a whale, nearby….)

66. bookmonstercats says:

@O NO. Thanks for the advice. The simplest things are often the best (or so I tell everybody when talking about myself). I was hoping for somebody to tell me how to embed a link (I think it is) but, actually, you’ve set me thinking that I could copy the link at the top of the page, paste it into the notepad and it’ll either take me straight to the post or I can paste it back into the address box.

Sendin’ karma right back to ya.

67. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

🙂

and also 🙂 !!

68. awww super cute 🙂

69. muttluver says:

No prob. Now, can someone find the yawning vortex of cute puppeh? I’ll prolly do it eventually anyway, but…… I just really don’t feel like it right now. 😛 Haha, when I realized I’d been following this site since (at least) 06, I went, Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, maaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn………………..
    Last time I checked, there were 174 pages chock full of kittehs. (Puppehs only have 154 pages, in case you want to know. 😉 )

70. muttluver says:

Yes I did. He is much missed. I was browsing commentaries on old photos the other day, and I was like THEO’S BACK!!!! Oh wait…. this was a long time ago. Darn.

71. muttluver says:

I did not know that, and I got lost.

…………..Save certain posts to my computer, is that what you’re saying? But…. I never think of it until I want the post back and it’s far gone… and I don’t remember dates well. 😛 Thank you though, I didn’t notice.

72. muttluver says:

Oh……….. You did NOT just use that quote.

I LOVE YOU!!@!! That was/is my favorite favorite movie. I literally watched it every single day for over a week when we first got it. (This was only broken by my mom, who grounded me for some unremembered reason.) My day was not complete without my Treasure Planet fix. I could literally quote the entire movie.

73. muttluver says:

Nevermind on the link: http://cuteoverload.com/2009/11/14/nice-tongue-to-ear-ratio/

Search worked well for me this time.

Also, the comments on puppeh yawn thread are HILARIOUS!!! And yes, I WAS making those sounds at the time. 😀 SKA-WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

74. muttluver says:

P.S. (No, I don’t have anything better to do) Where did Resriechan gooooo?????? *sob* I don’t think I’ve even QoD on here lately…. I miss everbody.

75. What kind of adorable dogs are those? My parents have a puppy (if anything that weighs 90 pounds can still be called a puppy) of mysterious origins that looked just like that when he was smaller…

76. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

HI ML

not quite. In case it’s still possibly useful, I’ll clarify and hope that I’m not causing any crises of boredom.

Y’know how when you start up your ‘puter, there’s kinda a little emblem (prob at one of the bottom 2 corners) of your screen; and how if you click on that item, a menu of “inside my computer” selections presents itself? In that, under a heading like “My computer” will be an item probably termed “Accessories” or “Accessibility”. I think I’m safe in saying that just about any computer’s menu there will likely have something there called either “Notepad” or “workpad” which is kind of a very very minimalist place to type out or cut & paste text/ notes; and it will allow for saving that notepad item under a title you make up, in your hard drive.

So you could make up one (or multiple) Notepad thinggies, where you could have a list of a CO item (or multiple items) to which you intend to return later ‘cuz either the pic/ post or the commenters under it are on such a good roll. I would let the title be continuous so you don’t have to keep researching among various “documents”. Just put like “Pug-o-lanterns, Oct xx, 2010 in the paragraph/ text section; and to make it laser efficient, sometimes I might type in the last time I checked that item.

Believe it or not, two days later, I’ll still want to see it something further happened — like, when family visit from out of state, I don’t even go near a computer for 3 days or so.

hope this is relevant and not hopelessly boring. 🙂

77. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

🙂

“did SO!!!” 🙂

78. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(peeking out, from behind a tree)

HI Muttlover!!!
    No need to continue sobbing–cuz’,
    to (lopsidedly) quote Le Roi Soleil: “Resriechan, c’est MOI”!!!

(for awhile on CO, there was a diff. Leslie with whose stated opinions I di-unt wanna be connected ….and then somebody else began a name which ended in “-chan”, blahblahblah)

Am glad to hear that there is somebody for whom me opinions/ chatter no esta horrible!!! luuuv yew too!

And btw, QoD has had a semi-tangled week or two btw CubicleLand and her Parental Duties. PrincessoD injured an ankle, playing vigorously on the VB team….thus Q’s relatively light presence on CO the past week or two.
    Wee luv QOD!!!

Here’s a pic of kids playing hide & seek, WITH a bonus feature, of beeeautimous fall leaves (unfort., it has other text & images surrounding the pic I want to share, but oh well…

79. @O NO

sounds like a job for bookmarks. you can arrange bookmarks to appear on your menubar and you can update them very easily. that way you can bookmark a comment like “http://cuteoverload.com/2010/10/26/todays-c-o-brainteaser/#comment-480076” and go back to it and see the updated responses at the bottom.

a really fast shortcut is to right-click on the dateline of the comment and choose “bookmark this link.” that way you are tagging the spot you last read and can zip right back there.

this is for firefox on a mac, but there are similar commands for every system.

unless you want to keep on using napkins and a burnt stick. 😉

80. muttluver says:

Ooooohhhhh!!!!!!!!!! XD I think I actually remember you saying that, I just didn’t make the connection. 😛 Yay!!

81. muttluver says:

Thanks guys. My head’s still swirling a bit but think I have it now.

82. O No He/She/ It DI-unt!!!! says:

napkins/ burnt stick = bwa ha and HA!!!