Fun Facts About Kittens

Fun Fact #12: When they think nobody else is looking, kittens like to amuse themselves by using their tongues to create that “wax lips” look.

Comments

1. Just me, or does kitty look a touch TERRIFIED?

Just me? Okay.

2. CatViccer says:

But, yes, kittehs DO have leeps! I’ve seen ‘em!

3. Cats’ in the Cradle with the wee Pink tongue! :-)

4. How can this one be here without a “I shall leeek you” tag?

5. 260Oakley says:

Kitteh is mortified because his lip of the tongue has been caught on tape.

6. 260Oakley says:

He’s also going to need lip-osuction to get that off his face.

7. Loth lipth think thips

8. Fun Fact #13: Kittehs are apparently huge fans of Peter Lorre.

9. Oh, and it might be just a little late to mention this, but careful opening that link to the Peter Lorre pic… it is, well, IT’S HUGE…

I don’t know why, it just is.

10. @Stephanie, kitteh is just nuts. I know that look all too well. It usually precedes zoom moves, followed by shouts of laughter (or alarm).

11. I told you he wouldn’t wear the horns of a cuckold gracefully.

12. Queen of Dork says:

Stephanie: He’s not terrified. He’s simply getting ready to launch into Kitty Freak Out Session. Whoever is messing with him and taking the picture is the one who should be terrified. :)

13. victoreia says:

[sigh] Wish mine had stayed that tiny…..

14. Mary (the first) says:

.. er .. isn’t that a photo of a psycho KITTEH? not Bunny? or are my eyes deceiving me again??

15. muttluver says:

Shelley: AAACK!!

And I don’t have cats, but I know that look. Spaz moment is coming next.

16. kibblenibble says:

Mary (the first): Maybe the kiitteh’s name is Psyco Bunny. :-)

17. MoonCatty says:

@QoD

Oh yeah… Mad Cat Mode in 3… 2… 1…

18. kibblenibble says:

Bad spelling: kitteh and psycho. Fooey. :-(

19. he just cute! or you can say wow! what big eyes you have ! he kind of looks like he just licked something.

20. muttluver: I guess the warning was too late…

21. Queen of Dork says:

MoonCatty: Zooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm!

22. Queen of Dork says:

My SamKitty is pretty old now but he still has Kitty Freak Out Session. Unfortunately (for me) he likes to have it at about 3:30 in the morning on my bed. Running back and forth across my head. *sigh*

23. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Q: our sympathies!!

and, btw, nice angst, there!!!
    I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally felt yer pain!!!

Tell SK I said, “knock it off, alreddy!!”

24. Denise A. says:

Wow!! I know kittehs have nine lives, but it never occurred to me that they could have lived one or more of them as Don Knotts.

25. Kitty practices a razzy.

26. warrior rabbit says:

Wha hump?

27. Smart :P

28. snorglepup says:

Fun Fact # 13: An extended cat tongue will trigger an overwhelming urge to touch said tongue.

29. StormCat42 says:

You never know… It could be the attack of the “Snake in a fur coat”… You know, the one that always follows our Kitties around? I had a Kitty who had a lifelong obsession with trying to catch her “Snake”… Oh she would catch it, bite it, lick it after she realized it hurt, then release it and it would start all over again… She did that for years! (Must have been a blonde Kitty in a former life…)

Oakley – you slay me!!!

30. I’ve just noticed the high nylon content of the carpet, perhaps it’s static causing the
    skeert expression.

31. We certainly could use a tongue-hance.

32. Wackadoodle eyes!

33. O NO He/ She/ It DI-unt!!! says:

@ warrior rabbit: ” Young Frahnkensteeeeeeeen” reference, FTW!!!

34. Damn your eyes! Too late!

35. My new kitty babeh gets “the look” just before an attack of the heebee jeebees to which I react with fits of laughter, which makes her even crazier!

36. Fact #13.. Crazy eyes on a kitten are adorable… On a human ..not so much!

37. :lol: That kitty looks like he/she is about to go on a tear about the house :lol:

38. mejezabel says:

Did anyone else notice that kitteh’s nose is a perfect arrow -pointing directly to the lick tool?

39. Stormlight says:

Looks to me like he’s trying to see himself touch his nose with his tongue, thus the slightly cross-eyed look. Kinda like a little kid. lol

40. “And stop staring at me, you’ve got them bug-eyes!”

41. @Queen of Dork – photographer is brave photographer. And probably scratched/bitten with razor-sharp-love-filled bites.

@debg – you have a LAUGHING cat? OMG, you can make millions!!! ;-)

42. feathersfluff says:

“Give me your toes or fingers to bite right now!”, and as foolish as I was, I indulged her. My life will never be the same. Ever.

43. geez love you babe..what you are looking for again?

44. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

45. Think thats his “Im about to freak out on ya” face.

46. In one of the “Catfantastic” sci-fi/fantasy compilation books that I own, there is a story set on a spaceship and a character makes an observation that when kittens are of a certain age, there are only two neurons firing in the brains inside their cute, fuzzy heads: one which will transport them at lightning speed from one place to the other; and the other which will guarantee that they find the place where they can work the most mischief. Don’t know why I thought of that when I looked at this photo. Really, no clue.

47. I know it’s been done here before, but…

Psycho Kitty
    Qu’est-ce que c’est
    Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa better
    Run run run run run run run away

48. @O NO

>>um editorz…i could be wrong (and oft am wrong) but might item # 42 be an item from Spamalot?????

deep breaths, o no, it’s going to be okay.