Come on in, the Water’s Fine!

Here, I’ll splash you a little so you get used to it. (splash, splash)
See now nice? You’ll thank yourself later, trust me. (splash, splash)
OK, now that you’re wet already, let’s play Marco Polo! (splash, splash)

I’m not going in without my water wings, Annie M.

Comments

1. Dang! I wanna know what happens before the camera cuts!!!

2. d’oh! I mean *after*… (or as?) :P

3. Awwwwww.

4. Brandi7920 says:

I LOVE GUSSSSSS!!!! <3 /splash!!!! What a kyooootie!

5. Splashy splash!

Splashy splashy splashy splash!

6. Splish splash I love taking a bath in a big blue kiddie pool !

7. Cutie patootie, splish splash!

8. Is Gus a happy boy? Yes he is!!! And he’s willing to share the love. Splish-splash Gus is takin’ a bath…

9. I love that he soaked the cameraperson’s legs in his watery joy.

10. I think it’s so cute that other species would want to engage us in such a joyous and playful way (granted, this one had a lot of artificial selection for it, but still).

Really, I think it’s so cool that play so highly conserved among the higher orders. What an amazing connection.

11. *play is

12. Weather for today: Showers, with Gus-ts of wind

13. I’m going to get my suit and be right over.

14. Bobby Darin: Splish Splash (take 1)

I don’t know if the link is going to work but that song was playing in my head all the time I was watchin the video, you know the one:

Splish splish, I was takin’ a batj
    Long about a Saturday night
    A rub-a-dub, just relaxin’ in the tub
    Thinkin’ everything was alright
    Well, I stepped out the tub, put my feet on the floor
    I wrapped the towel around me and I
    Opened the door, and then I
    Splish, splash… I jumped back in the bath.
    Well how was I to know there was a party going on?

They was a-splishin’ and a’splashin’
    Reelin’ with the feelin’, movin’ and a’groovin’
    Rockin’ and a’rollin’, yeah

15. Oups, darn dyslexia :-(
    That was supposed to be Splish splash, I was takin’ a bath

And the link did not work, seems I can’t do them at the office :-(

16. happiest bulldog ever.

17. @260Oakley, given Gus’s breed, the wind part sounds about right. :P

Gus is a great name. I wonder if his full name is Augustus? :mrgreen:

18. Gigi – I know exactly what song you mean even without the link. :)

And yes, what a happy boy Gus is!

19. @Theresa
    It’s true, he could probably turn that pool into a jacuzzi after a good meal. Sing it with me “Tiny bubbles…”

20. Now, that’s my kind of happy! Goofy kid.

21. The little Myrmidon says:

I think the video ended when the camera was knocked out of the owner’s hands. (And maybe the owner was knocked over, too.)

22. Guha gruha great, snorffle snuffle gup, and you can drink it to. :)

23. The Little Myrmidon says:

How many pools has Gus gone through? Look at the way he’s clawing and digging at the bottom of the pool. Maybe this is his 57th pool this summer.

24. I’m being moderated for uncoventional spellinks, I don’t know you try to be a bit creative and look where it gets you. Wanders off muttering kicks furniture.

25. @260Oakley, ah, the old Cowboy Jacuzzi. :mrgreen:

26. “C’mon, Dad! Let’s play! Oh wait, I’m thirsty…”

27. There’s nothing friendlier than a wet dog.

28. …and every time the camera pans down, his pants get more and more wet. ;)

29. S.J. Hartsfield says:

I love how Gus didn’t stop to drink the water *before* he got his paws all up in it. Dogs, honestly!

30. Having been plowed into by a excited bulldog I can safely voice my amazement at the owner’s ability to remain standing. It’s like be tackled by a snorting sack of bowling balls!

31. I lurves me some happy puppy!!!! Grinning Gus! :-D

32. I concur, Gus is cute, and his joy over his pool is contagious. Thank you for sharing!

33. Aw, so happy! It warms the heart!

34. I happy
    I happy
    *splash splash splah*
    I very happy

35. muttluver says:

This looks like… nervous happy? Relieved happy? All I know is, I know that behaviour very well, because it’s how my dogs act after coming in when they’ve been waiting a while for me to open the door, when it’s cold outside, after something happened that made them nervous, etc.

Also…. guys? -is tentative- Could we… maybe… wait for our comments to be posted before complaining about moderation? Cuz I see a lot of posts, and then a second post that says “Darn! I got modded” (not just on this entry but on others) when it really just took a little extra time to get through or something. I know it’s annoying, but Sharpy’s really trying…..
    Just a suggestion.

Aaanyway. Yes. Excited puppy is adorabuhls, tho I don’t prefer bulldogs. That energy makes me grin.

36. Denise A. says:

I don’t know, folks–Gus clearly loves the pool, but I think what he’s really doing is threatening that alien-looking boxy thing with the big eye that keeps being stuck in his face (the camera).

37. Bulldog or bullfrog? Discuss among yourselves…

38. @muttluver

>>I know it’s annoying, but Sharpy’s really trying…..

YEAH!

and my wings is ti-yood!

39. @nissa

>>tackled by a snorting sack of bowling balls!

i want that.

40. I love my pool. Thankyouthankyouthankyou. I love it. It’s so much fun. But you can’t have it. Go away. It’s mine. You gave it to me, now it’s mine.

41. Such a happy fella!

I think Tackled by a Snorting Sack of Bowling Balls was the straight to DVD sequel to 8 Heads in a Duffle Bag. They had to replace Joe Pesci with Gus.

42. “A POOOOL! Oh, waterwaterwater! *digdigdig* TANK YOOOOUUU, DAAAAAD! I LOVE IT! Ooo, waterwaterwater! *digdigdig* I LOVE YOU, DAAAAD! TANK YOUUUU! CANNONBAAALLLL! Oh, I toisty…I LOOOVE YOU, DAAAAD! Waterwaterwater!”

43. lol at Karate Mom’s translation

44. Ditto for Ceejoe!

45. i love how gus tries to *chew* the water, he’s so dern exciteds.

46. The horror that followed was unspeakable.

47. I think this is an encore performance and I love it :D

48. (in the voice of beggin strips) “Thankyou thankyou thankyou, come on in, come on in…here, here,here.. the waters just fine, see see see, come on in, come on in”..very contagious.
    @260oakley @Theresa…you crack me up. I now have tiny bubbles playing in my head…along with splish splash..thank you Gigi.
    Doesn’t he look like a Gus though? He reminds of that cartoon…the bulldog (who is really tough) has a cigar (I think) and is followed by a yappy doggy who calls him Ralphie boy??? Sound familiar to anyone?

49. O NO He/She/ It Di-unt!!! says:

From Wikipedi:

Inspired by the Friz Freleng cartoon The Sheepish Wolf of a decade earlier
    (October 1942), Chuck Jones created Ralph and Sam for a series of shorts.
    The first of these was Don’t Give Up the Sheep, released in 1953.

The [success of "Don't Give Up the Sheep"] prompted five [other titles/ cartoons] between 1953 and 1962. In 1963 …another cartoon Woolen Under Where was released.

The series is built around the idea that both Ralph and Sam are just doing their jobs. Most of the cartoons begin at the beginning of the workday … they both arrive at a sheep-grazing meadow, exchange pleasant chitchat, and punch into the same time clock. Work having officially begun, Ralph repeatedly tries to abduct the helpless sheep and invariably fails, either through his own ineptitude or the minimal efforts of Sam, who always brutally punishes Ralph for the attempt. Ironically, Ralph works very hard at his job to catch a sheep and always fails while Sam works very little at his job (he is frequently seen sleeping) to protect the sheep and always succeeds.

At the end-of-the-day whistle, Ralph and Sam punch out their time cards, again chat amiably, and leave, presumably only to come back the next day and do it all again. Both Ralph and Sam are performed by voice actor Mel Blanc. In at least one instance, the workday is interrupted by a lunch break, which they also conduct amiably.

Ralph and Sam… may also run into their nighttime replacements, Fred and George, respectively ..
    (see Wikipedia segment — Sheep Ahoy: Inconsistency in naming).

In some of their earlier appearances Ralph and Sam are named inconsistently: in particular the Sheepdog’s shift replacement sometimes addresses him as “Ralph”.

@ Editors: sorry for the length– I did edit some parts — but I’m anticipating people asking about the other names …

50. O NO He/She/ It Di-unt!!! says:

(WikipediA, not Wikipedi) (blush)

51. @O NO

I can’t figure out what this refers to!

52. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_the_Bulldog_and_Chester_the_Terrier

I got the names mixed up. Chester the terrier & Spike the Bulldog.
    You know, cartoons were a lot better when we were young. I’ll be 50 on the 31st, and I have been thinking a lot about how cartoon have changed. We had it a lot better in so many ways than the kiddos today. Sorry, not sure why I am rambling so.

53. @mplsdeb – Your birthday is Halloween!!! How cool is that!?!?!? I just turned 60 on the 8th, but for years I’ve celebrated all month with Halloween being my last big blast. Hippo birdie to ewe!

54. warrior rabbit says:

O No… perhaps just a link would suffice?

55. FABOOSH!!