Pup, Pup, and Away!

Oh, I am such a good and noble superhero! You can tell I am a good superhero because I have an authentic superhero cape! You just can’t be a superhero without an authentic superhero cape, nope, can’t do it, nuh-huh, no sir!

Now, I wonder what feats of otherworldly power I shall perform today? Stop a runaway train with my Super Head of Granite? Put out a forest fire with my Mighty Power Piddle? Or perhaps melt an iceberg with my Super Ultra-Mega Puppy Bref!

Ace photographer Jimmy Olsen played by: Artodin.
Plucky reporter-inner Lois Lane played by: Simone M.
Goofiest Superman ever played by: Si-Lay.

Comments

1. Combining dogs in costumes, superheroes and herp derps just about creates my favourite thing..

2. Ahem! Somebody needs to put some superhero underpants on that pup.

3. HE CAN FLY!

4. hahahaha xD

5. That first picture keels me!! Supper Pupster looks like he’s doing the Gene Kelly sideways click your hells dance step!

6. AWESOME! 2nd photo is seriously the Best Picture Ever.

7. Look at that puppy smile. I challenge you, all nuffers, to find fault with this moment of pup joy.

8. And once he puts his glasses on, nobody recognizes him. :mrgreen:

9. Mighty Power Piddle!!

(dissolves into fits of giggles)

Oh if only my doggies’ power piddles could be put to such good services!

10. @Theresa
    and his name is Bark Kent.

11. bwahahahah… you people ALL crack me up!

I like how the puppeh bed is right smack-dab in the middle of the floor, illustrating the rightful importance of said puppeh!

12. sah-weeet tap dance in pic 1, yo!

13. Why can’t cats ever be this happy in costume???

14. ScoutsMom, I think that would signal the apocalypse. :shock:

15. Is that somebody’s house? Somehow to me it looks more like the break room at a workplace. And if so, what a cool place to work. When I go in the back to have my lunch, there is almost never a dancing superhero doggie in there. Sigh.

16. If you can melt a glacier with doggy breath, it’s time for a milkbone. Or a shot of binaca.

Cute, cute puppy. I love his smile but I’m also impressed at the height of his jumps.

17. Those are All-Time Photos right there.

18. Mary (the first) says:

That photo made me LOL, literally. What a cutie pie and yes, the huge bed filled with toys and blankies right in the middle of the room is definitely appropriate for such a doll! I would love him that much, too.

19. @ 14 skippymom You are absolutely right, it does have that generic coffee break room look. There is no superhero doggie in my break room either; the most I get is employees with hound dog expressions.

20. Krypto? Is that YOU????

21. The dancing, the flying, the smiling. The world is safer with this superhero doggie on patrol.

22. cuteoverload just reached a new high

23. twinkelbel says:

Okay, that is the happiest dog I have ever seen in my life. I just melted from cuteness overload.

24. Serper-Derperman

25. Oh. My. God!!! *ded*

26. Peeps, I am particularly pleased to see the ‘tocks on display in the first pic. It is, after all, still Tocktober.

27. Haha, simply awesome!

28. Apparently some dogs DO like wearing clothes. This little guy is rockin’ that outfit!

@Gigi and Skippymom: No cute Frenchie in costume in our break room either. Drat! Plus I didn’t find a kitteh when I cleaned the couch yesterday, so I’m having a tough week.

29. Hahaha! Check out his shadow on the floor underneath him in the second photo!
    :D

30. fleurdamour says:

Man’s Best Super Friend.

31. Oh my god.

Oh my god.

This is one of CU’s best posts yet.

32. I just LOVE the fact that the dog seems to be dancing all by himself! He’s up on his hind legs in that first picture, not begging for treats, not climing up on anyone, just dancing alone. Just a Happy and Excited Little Super Hero!! That is one seriously happy dog! love love love

33. I rarely, if ever, use this word but it TEWTALLY applies here:
    AWESOME PUP!!!

34. Trabb's Boy says:

That is so funny — I just got back to the office after stepping out and buying my dog a, yes, Superman costume. She will look just as adorable as this little guy!

35. Pup pup and away!

36. That. Is. Absolutely. Frickin. Hilarious. ;)

37. Love the goggie’s goofy expreshe. But he really needs a privacy tail.

38. Total and complete awesomeness! One of the best!

39. Hilarious!! Best Superman EVER!! SuperFrenchy FTW!

40. This is officially my favorite thing all week. :D

41. Queen of Dork says:

Wow! He looks totally full of joy and he seems like he’s showing off his awesome cape. Coming home to see this and the adorable couch kitty from the other post made my birthday that much betterer!! :)

42. @Queenie, it’s your birthday??? I have to find you something special!!! BRB!

43. OK, here we go! First thing, here is your HAPPY BIRTHDAY EARWORM!

44. kibblenibble says:

Happy Birthday Queen!

45. kibblenibble says:

Skippymom, as for the need for super hero underwear, I’ll bet he could fit into some underoos. Do they still make those? That’d be cute. This guy is so happy, I loff heem. ♥

46. Queen of Dork says:

Theresa: Hahahahahaha! And of course, I’m singing along!

47. Happy birthday Queenie!

48. Queen of Dork says:

Theresa: Okay. I can do those dance moves just fine but where, DANGIT ALL TO HECK, MAN, oh WHERE can I buy a dress like that? 8O

49. He’s skippy happy in the first one!!!!! Love this little gug (pug-guy)!!!!

50. Best wishes on your day, QoD!!!

51. Darn! Just how does one embed a video here?

52. Another role model for us, Queenie! :D

53. @ALL BIRTHDAY PEEPS!

best. cover. ever.

54. Super Pup!!! LOL

55. You don’t tug on Superman’s cape
    You don’t spit into the wind
    You don’t pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger
    and you don’t mess around with Jim….*ahem* puppers here.

This little guy can’t wear pants. Would Donald Duck wear pants? Would Bugs Bunny walk on all 4 legs? Would Mickey Mouse wear a top? Would Goofy identify his species? No I say, No!

56. BatBlaster says:

Its a super boston terrier…
    what was i gonna say. witty comment idea lost.

57. His arch enemy must be Lex Mew-thor.

58. The videos that people are posting are funnier than the original post.

59. I wonder if my dog could do that..

60. @skippymom15 and everything else who thought this looked like a workplace break room – you could be right. The package on the table on the left sure looks like a birthday cake (white icing, pastel flowers). Obviously Li’l Pup is doing the pre-party entertainment, all in honor of (who else?) Queenie!

61. warrior rabbit says:

But on his flickr stream, the one where he’s facing us is titled, ‘Hi, Daddy! Welcome Home!’ So…

62. Queen of Dork says:

Wow! This has GOT to be the coolest, online community of people who love animals that I’ve ever seen.

63. Happy dog!!! That is possibly the best set of photos ever. :) I thought the first one was awesome, and then the second, goofy happy dog!!! And yes, what a nice community.

64. @Ffleur, word. :mrgreen:
    @QoD: And you help make it that way, cookie!

65. 260Oakley says:

OMG, I missed the BD of the QOD. SOM! (shame on me)
    Hope your kitty showed you the proper amount of celebratory disdain.

66. Queen of Dork says:

I feel like singing and dancing! :)

67. How cute is the flying dog, very cute I think. A pet can sure bring happiness into your life for the day that you may be feeling down. The dog looks as if he is even smiling, those dogs always look like their smiling whenever they are really active. I am saying those dogs because I forget the breed name. I have a friend who has that same dog. There not the most attractive dog, but do the most cute things and so make them so adorable.

68. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

–joining in the QoD B’day celebrashons (and the Super Dawg Celebrashons…btw, parTICUlarly nice one, today, 260!! “Bark Kent”, indeed :)

Q, fer yer birthday, our staff of personal shoppers, have, located the following.
    Wear it in good health!!

PS: I also came across something else ridiculously fun that I’ll send you in a direct email, ‘cuz that one has no relevance to Super Puppeh….and will take awhile to adequately enjoy.

“Hippo Birdie, Two Ewes!!”

(or, alternatively, “Two Yutes”!!! :) ):

69. Queen of Dork says:

O No: I must have that dress. I must. 8O

70. Queen of Dork says:

Peeps: Do you realize how old I have just turned? I’m so thrilled! I’m 46 now! I’m so happy about that! I can’t believe I made it this long! Oh, and also, I just tied a piece of stray fabric around my neck, hung my tongue out like the dog in the above picture and LEPT FOR JOY across my kitchen. It turns out that I am, at my age, pretty agile after all! :) I soared over the linoleum. (but then I bashed my head into my cabinets) *sigh* (Now I have to replace my cabinets and get stitches in my head).

71. zuzulina7 says:

i like it, i want to ;))

72. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Q: I sowwy you huwt. Here, have some cabbage.
    That’ll make the owwie better.

(it’s her favorite dessert, peeps. Ask her :)
    Fer REAL!!! She just wrote that TO ME, yesterday!!!)

Of course, alternatively, you could consider removing the kitchen
    cabinets. They’re obvy in the way of your creative expression!!!

And (the Royal) We are only pleased that the merchandise meets with yer
    satisfaction :)

73. @QoD:

74. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

– oh, and I only JUST noticed, but the dress is ALREADY a
    red dress, to go w/ the Super Steffie Cape of Awesomeness!!!!

75. Queen of Dork says:

(yum) (gobbles big gobs of salty cabbage) mmmmmmm. (yum)

76. Queen of Dork says:

Theresa: Me and my sister Lulu used to change the words to that a bit. We filled in with a line we heard someone say to a character on a popular (at the time) sitcom, so the song went like this:

If growing up was meant to be,
    Totally replete with stinkiosity…..
    I won’t grow up, never grow UP!
    Never grow Up! Not me.

77. The best CO entries are the ones I wasn’t expecting at all. Kittens, puppies, duckies and so on? Sure, I come here to see them, but THIS. THIS is something different. I laughed out loud at this one. Thanks for the chuckle. :)

78. That bull dog just kills me. If that were a black/tan wire haired Dachshund…that would be my Ricky! That is how he looks when he comes flying off the two stairs leading down to the livingroom. Do all male dog behave like little boys?
    That is too funny. He is so flipping happy! I love it!

79. Andi from NC says:

I’ve clicked in to look at this pic a half-dozen times today – he’s just so happy! I love it – it makes me smile everytime….

80. The sign of a true Super Hero is tucking his vest in his pants but as goggie is sans pants, how do we know.

Queenie – Congratumalations you don’t look a day over 30.

81. I’ve always said, I don’t like dogs in general — but there are specific dogs I like very much.

I think this must be one of those specific dogs. :)

82. this is one of the best posts ever.

83. This dog definitely needs an agent! He’s the ultimate downer defeater!

84. That super-pup made my day!

85. I love his super happy face as he’s flying through the air! :)

86. OMG he is most cutetest EVAH!!!!!

87. YAY! lol

88. muttluver says:

AAAHHHHHHHH I LOVE THIS. For realz. It’s… it’s… JUST SUPER!!!!!! XD (I had to.)

Also, I know I’m late now, but QoD:

This is my favorite version.

I love the peeps here too…. where did Resriechan go? I haven’t seen her in a while…. *sniff* andand (Denita?) Twodragons…… I remember liking her… but I don’t remember seeing her around recently.

89. OMG

A WHOLE SET OF Si-Lay’s Pictures of EXTREME CUTENESS!!!

love it. it’s like a canine version of MARU!!! :)

90. That is so stinkin CUTE!

91. not all frenchies like their superman costumes..

92. These are great pictures! What a sweetie!

93. Nanette Hayakawa says:

If this doggie were at my house I’d never want to leave!