A Correction

Due to an editing error, Cute Overload announced that the Annual Unlimited Ear Skritches and All-You-Can-Eat Hamburger Festival would be held October 21. The correct date should have read October 12. Cute Overload regrets the error.

That sad look just breaks our hearts, Stephen A.

Comments

1. I’m having a pretty great day…miners getting out in Chile…just got a phone interview for a job after months of trying…this is just the cute cherry on the top! Thanks CO. And no worries pupperson – come to my place and it’ll be filet mignon and long fingernail scritches for DAYS…

2. His name must be Oliver he’s got that look of “Pardon me sir, may I have some more?”

3. “Cute or Sad?” tag, plzkthx.

Puppeh make me wanna :cry:

4. (The Original) Mel says:

I need to kiss the muzzlepouch and smell the puppy bref.

5. Congrats on the interview, Alice. Good luck!

6. *digs around for car keys*

Hey Alice, what was your address again?

*drools at the thought of filet mignon*

7. And the dog’s name? Woe B. Gone

8. A day late and a burger short. :-(

C’mon over to our house puppeh, we’ve got leftover homemade burgers from our dinner last night, and lots of other doggehs and kittehs to play with.
    Not to mention kids who will probably love you to deth.

Is it bad that I want to flap that muzzlepowche?

9. Andi in NC says:

Not to worry, puppeh – The Southeasteran-All-Day-Scritch-and-BBQ Festival is this weekend in lovely NC! I’ll come get you… *scurries off to make fake promotional posters*

Best of luck, Alice ~~~ employment vibes headed your way!

10. That look would make me give this puppeh anything she/he asked for.

And I too freely offer our house for beef products and noggin rubs. Stay as long as you like, pupster extraordinaire!

11. 260OAKLEY: LOVE WOE B GONE!

He is great! what an actor has the “pitiful warm eyed do what I need now look down” perfect!

12. Oh sniff, such cuteness!

13. He looks like he needs a kiss right on the top of the head.

And while I’m down there I’ll nom his ears a little. :)

14. I bet he pulls *a lot* of treats with that expression.

15. Diabolical!! NTMTOM, you are truly DIABOLICAL! Misleading the poor puppy populace like that! I think you owe SOME-body a hot dog, at least!! Big meanie! >:(

16. Double Checks COmments

HEheheheh

Emo dog is EMO!

also Beep and Boop

17. Oh my GOSH! *spa-lode*

18. KA: Go cry, emo pup. ;)

I wish I could imbed the emo kitty here.

19. scritch, scritch, sritch ** sneaks puppeh some burger **

20. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

:) 2600

Also:

“BOW-ow-ow-ow-oooooooooooooooooooh!!” aka “Baroooo!”

21. @260Oakley: Whoa.

22. annoyinglittletwerp says:

My birthday’s October 21 and I was so looking forward to skritching some ears on it.
    *whine. pout.*

23. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

PS: Meg, will any of the CO editors be sacked??

Sgined, MP/ Holy Grail References R Us.

24. warrior rabbit says:

ONO — I think they might be offered the alternative, being bitten by a møøse.

Also, I’d like to lightly poke the little pink spot on his schnozzle, and followed that with some mild ear nommage.

25. warrior rabbit says:

oops follow not followed, darn it

26. flutterby says:

Puppeh just a little down in the mouth?

27. flutterby says:

Ha ha O NO, I’m sure teh typo was intentional, no?

28. PS: WANT. Seriously.

29. “That sad look just breaks our hearts.” Also, I think if our faces looked even remotely like a sirloin steak, he’d rip ‘em right off.

30. maybe when we get home we can play a game of Fetch the Bacon, for funsies.

31. BatBlaster says:

Please stop the puppy dog eyes…

32. re: 260Oakley’s Woe B. Gone
    Growing up I had a springer spaniel that was badly bred. She had papers but she also had a skin condition and a badly docked tail with 3 inches of fur just begging to be combed over the bald spot at the tip. I always wanted to submit her pedigree name as “Cassie’s Tail of Woe”

33. Tail of Woe! Ha ha ha!! Good one!

34. Martha in Washington says:

There was an ad in the paper today for a “free to good home” boxer and now this…I think SOMEBODY is trying to tell me SOMETHING!! Do boxers and kitties get along well together?

35. But, but I’ve missed it, oh but.

Alice – I hope your successfull

36. Puppeh dog eyes, definish of.

That look on his poor widdle punim! “But but but… but MooooooooOOOOooom!”

37. @ Martha in Washington–Boxers and kitties can get along great! It depends on their personalities of course, but I have a cat and one of my old roommates had a boxer and they just loved each other, they’d hang out for hours.

38. Mary (the first) says:

That pupper doesn’t look any sadder than I am to know I missed the ear skritch festival! ** sob **

39. Aww, someone needs a hug and a squeaky toy <3

40. Those ears aren’t going to nom themselves, people!

41. THANKS everyone … will consider this puppy while in the interview to put a smile on my face (and in my voice) xo

42. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ flutterbye:

(sigh)

I appreciate your confidence in me, but …no…ackshually, my mind wanted me to type the word “signed” not “sgined”

gah.

43. Holy shamoly! Can we get this cutie pie in extreme high res for a puppy-licious desktop background? Pwetty please!??

44. d’awwwww…. what a cutie!
    lol @ Metz, flapping the muzzlepouch
    and as warrior rabbit pointed out, I love the little pink spot on his nose, I would like to smooch eet!

45. GingerBean says:

I’m not usually into the jowly pups (slobber, yuck!) but this little guy with his big soulful eyes has stolen my heart!

46. Well, I think the hovertext says it all….. not going to say who ..just look in the direction and whistle……(whistling) NTMTOM. :>)

47. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

oh my

subtle mplsdeb is subtle!!! :)

48. Cheeboiga cheeboiga cheeboiga
    There ya go little pup

49. subtle as a Mack Truck right :)

50. ADORABLE!!! The caption is bittersweet perfection. Alice – congratulations and good luck! Don’t forget to wear some lucky pet hair on your outfit. :)

51. Oh no puppy, don’t have a sad. I’ll play fetch with you!

52. Bron, I love the idea of “lucky pet hair.” :lol: I’ll hafta remember that one, and lend some to those who need it. Goodness knows I have a proliferation.

53. ok who took his bone away?

54. @dyuane he does look like someone took his bone? Ok, fess up…who did that?

55. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!