Pssssst… Who’s that weird new kid?

Holy Mismatched Slippers!

Sender-Inner Samaja says that Ethel, third bunny from left, is a rebel who wears all white, even after Labor Day.

Comments

1. ROFL!

2. Sneaky! He’s trying to slip into the crowd…..

3. And that reminds me…. aeons ago I had these racoon slippers similar to the bunny on the left (yes folks, it´s unbelievable, but that´s NOT real bunny!), but our 18 year old tomcat Kevin decided to *shag* one of them – no doubt, since at his age he probably couldn´t catch any female cats any longer – strange, but I just couldn´t get myself to wear them anymore after that….

4. The problem was when I tried to put on the brown bunny in the morning

5. BatBlaster says:

I’d not wqant to see someone try to put thier foot in the three on the right

6. earlybird1 says:

Barbarella just made me LOL!! XD

7. earlybird1 says:

Slipper bunny has a pleasantly oblivious look on his face. Ha ha!

8. Dangerous:
    Slippery when pet

9. AuntieBellum says:

@Isaac, don’t you mean he’s trying to *slipper* into the crowd?

Bwahahaha!!

Sorry…couldn’t help myself…

I could use some bunneh slippers today on my forty-*mumble*th birthday. It’s drizzly and dreary in Denver today.

10. One of these things is not like the others,
    One of these things just doesn’t belong,
    Can you tell which thing is not like the others
    By the time I finish my song?

11. Nothing cuter than banis snuggling together. Even if one of them is a slipper. X3

12. warrior rabbit says:

Bunnieeeeeees!! Aw, my Anna Bunana was an all-white, uppy-eared bun like Ethel. One of these days I’m gonna get a Dutchie (the tuxedo buns!). I think the formal wear would give my apartment some much-needed class.

13. I have those slippers! They are quite comfy. The bunnies are pretty cute too.

14. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ AuntieBellum: might one hazard a “Happy Bday” toward Denver?
    or is that agin’ tha rules of AuntieBellum Societe?

15. Queen of Dork says:

The brown bunny has such a big butt in proportion to his little ears. The whole picture is REALLY cute!

16. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Also: are the three to the right, playing Ostrich Hide ‘n Seek?

17. Clearly does not belong — look how happy and approving the slipper is.

18. Hahahaha! Love this.

Barbarella, we had a rabbit that shagged a stuffie too. He didn’t intermingle species though – it was a rabbit too. My daughter kept the toy out of view for the most part, but when Mosley looked “sad or bored” she’d casually leave the stuffie on the floor for him to hit on. And he did.

19. 260Oakley says:

Bet that slipper is the bunnies’ arch rival.

20. Last week on Lost:

Ethan, one of The Others, slips on a disguise and attempts to blend in with the Survivors in an attempt to steal Claire’s baby.

21. warrior rabbit says:

Bunny humping — it’s all about dominance, not sex. They will set upon each other (even if same gender), the cat, etc. It’s all about saying, “I’m in charge! I’m in charge! I’m in charge! And! Don’t! You! Forget! It!”

22. 260Oakley, I was sure you’d make a “shoo-in” joke, but I underestimated your power (again)…
    [searches for "upper" pun, feels like mule/heel]

Wait… warrior, rabbits have gender???

23. Buenos dias,260Oakley. Happy Birthday, AuntieBellum.

24. Gigi (#10): That was the first thing that came to my mind too!

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
    Did you guess which thing just doesn’t belong?
    If you guessed this one is not like the others,
    Then you’re absolutely…right!

25. I’ve seen Lucy, Ethel, and Bunya many times on the Daily Bunny Blog! My questions are: Is this the Bunya of Alice & Bunya that have also been featured on the internets? If so, does this mean Alice is no longer with us? If this is the case, I’m very sad for her people. :( I lost a lovely all-white bun in 2008.

26. 260Oakley says:

Patito Gigante, I’d use your idea for a pun, but that would make a rank uppertunist.

Buenas noches to you, MamaLana.

27. Teeny Gozer says:

“Oh, dear; the lack of interest in his surroundings, the fixed stare… I think Oscar’s been turned into a ZOMBIE!”

28. [palms face @260Oakley]

29. Hi. I love the comments and wanted to answer a couple of the questions therein.
    This is Bunya, Lucy & Ethel. Alice is gone but not forgotten. She had a life-threatening illness and has recovered. Unfortunately, during her stay at the vet’s ICU, she unbonded from Bunya. We have no idea why. He had been moping around, missing her. We expected a cute reunion and Alice turned into the Tasmanian Devil. She jumped in the air, rotating 360 degrees … Bunya’s fur was flying and we rushed him back to the vet with a bloody nose. We tried for weeks to rebond them and finally took them to the local bunny-whisperer at the House Rabbit Society rescue home (from where we adopted Alice). It was pretty much a lost cause. Alice always had big rabbitude.
    So, we adopted Lucy & Ethel in Alice’s place; they bonded in a day. Alice is at the HRS facility, recovered and happily bossing around the other bunnies; we keep tabs on her. We suggested she might be a single adoption … or they might try bonding her with a Rottweiler, something that stands a chance of protecting itself. She was small but fierce.
    How they got into this pose: One bunny comes over for a head skritch. Well, then another one sees this and hops over for some similar loving. And, of course the third follows. So they are all getting their heads rubbed, snuggled next to each other, eyes closed, heads smashed flat to the floor. I added the slipper, pulled away petting hand and shot the picture.
    Bunya: Does this slipper make my butt look big?
    Alice was “aggressive” and Bunya became a fast eater in self-defense. Also, Lucy & Ethel are on higher calorie “baby” food. The combination has let Bunya pack on a few extra “o-z”s. He’s all of about 4 pounds but we are feeding them separately for a little bit and he hopes to return to his former svelte self. And he is a very fluffy bunny.
    Thanks for your comments and letting us share.
    Sam
    >:)

30. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

YAY SAM

(vewwy vewwy sad about the whole Alice/ Bunya debacle. funny bit about bonding her w/ a Rottweiller ….who stands a chance of self-defense. Story reminded me of the — shiver– scene from Exorcist; spinning heads, etc.)

Signed,
    Sam I am NOT

31. I’m very pleased that Alice is alive and well! It’s funny, my little white guy was fierce as well. When I asked a fellow HRS volunteer if she remebered him, she said, “Oh, yes! He bit me. Look, I still have the scar.” (This is several years later.) My friend was bonding Speedy with his girlfriend (now widow) Lily, and he bit her (my friend) as well as some other HRS folks. I think the reformed biters (he very seldom bit me) have the most personality!
    Bunya, Lucy, and Ethel are a lovely trio, and I’m sure they enliven your home quite a bit! (It’s too bad Lucy is not a ginger rabbit. Hee hee.)

32. warrior rabbit says:

My Anna Bunana, white uppy-eared CA dwarf mix, was fierce as well — but only to other bunnies. She loved people and was a snugglebun (a licker, actually), but with other bunnies, she turned into the Monty Python Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog. By her own decree, she remained an only bun.

33. @Marie, LOL! And I thought Kevin (R.I.P. quite a while ago now) was the only confused animal out there, hehe. ;)

34. @Sam, thanks soooo much for sharing that story. It´s so funny, sad and cute at the same time. The vision of Alice bossing around a Rottweiler made me LOL. ;)

35. I thought maybe the brown bun was the oddball at first. Then came the double take.

Did it REALLY take a double take for me to realize one of the buns was actually footwear? Yes. Yes, it did.

36. zhimbo, Don’t feel bad about that. It is amazing to me how many people that I show that picture to say: “Oh, you have 4 bunnies.”

37. don’t slip your foot into the wrong rabbit.

38. Hilarious picture. I like how all of the “real” bunnies are huddled up with their heads all-together, as if they’re whispering to each other “I don’t trust that new guy — something about him just gives me the creeps, but don’t let him know we had this conversation.”

warrior rabbit 10.10.10 at 4:50 pm
    Bunny humping — it’s all about dominance, not sex.

I dunno. Even without feeling any need for dominance, I imagine that if I didn’t have such wonderfully dexterous primate hands, I might be inclined to…

Whoops. I think that might have been a little to creepy for CO (which does not, after all, stand for Creepy Overload).

39. I was thinking to myself, nice bunnies and nice pair of bunny slippers… wait a minute…

40. SHANNAMAE says:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

41. They are adorable! I am usually partital to black and white animals. Thought if you pull them back they scoot across the floor. =D

42. andddd….it looks like brownie never misses a meal…no offense. :)