I didn’t know Simon’s Cat spoke Hedgehog

Sender-Inner Nancy R., I”d like to thank you in Hedgehog terms you can understand: [multiple SNORF sounds]

Comments

1. We nicknamed our daughter “Snorfs” b/c when she was an infant, her nose would get plugged up and her breathing sounded all “snorfy”.

This little cartoon is way cute as well!

2. this wasn’t his greatest work, to be honest

3. “The fox knows many things but the hedgehog knows one big thing.” – Archilochus

4. Snorfssnorfsnorf?

I assume he was complaining about how noone takes him seriously

5. Hahahaha, it was a nice conversation! XD

6. warrior rabbit says:

ICHC has been scooping CO a lot lately (Maru and Simon’s Cat). I agree with Winston that this one, while extremely cute, pales compared to the original and, well, most of the others. But I like the idea that Simon’s cat has a friend, even if the relationship leaves the friend feeling unfulfilled. Poor hedgie. Come over here — I’ll listen to ya, bud.

7. 260Oakley says:

I hear that hedgehog is quite the rake.

8. the leaves! i love it. I think I would want to do that, impale the leaves!

9. Arnold Ziffel meets the Tazmanian Devil

10. I think this cartoon illustrates why I should never have a pet hedgehog, I’d also randomly stick things like leaves to their quills…

I love the rolling ball of leaf-flinging furry!

11. kibblenibble says:

Since becoming exposed to hedgehogs on cute overload, I have found them fascinating. Do they vocalize in any way? What kinds of sounds do they make? These snorfley sounds are adorable, but I imagine they aren’t realistic. More’s the pity.

12. Was that a Spin Dash Attack at the end?

13. SO cute! =)

14. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

wow

maru AND a new Simonscat film, in ONE weekend?
    What’s next? Winston attacks that lady on Glee in this week’s episode????
    Such a smorgasbord of wunnerful winsome animaux this weekend.

Also, howdy-ho @ 2600!!! I was verklempt earlier this weekend. One of the posts was allowed to languish W/O a 2600 pun & it felt reaaaaaaaaally weird, man.
    (Note; I never did no Mary Juana nor LSD so I can’t actually claim it was a Bad Trip, but that seems to be the appropriate description, for some inexplicable reason?)

15. That could be a film of the conversation I had with my better half today while doing yard work. I must have zoned out during a key point in the conversation. Next thing I knew an arm full of leaves and garden gloves were thrown at me. The kids thought it was real funny, well….. so did I. Even after all these years she is still as adorable as Maru.

16. Jennietals says:

LOVE it! made me appreciate my hedgie even more! thank goodness she’s not chatty!

@kibblenibble Penelope (my hedgehog) makes huffing noises when shes angry. kinda sounds like if you were to breathe into a paper bag really fast (= I much prefer her huffing and puffing than the snorty noise

17. I love how the fly has an English accent! And Simon is just like my cat.

18. Having a cat who watches the hedgehog with intensity…. I now know her secret plan!

19. i don’t know hedgehog, but i’m pretty good in squirrel

“squeak, squeaker, squeaken, squeaketh”

20. Not one of his best – if the hedgehog is meant to be a new buddy for Simon’s cat, this was a pretty abrupt introduction. Not to mention what I like about his animations is that the cat is just doing things that most cats do that happen to be entertaining – I don’t think a cat would/could really do this. Still cute, though!

21. DewiCasGwent says:

This may not be up to Simon’s Cat usual but this is an ad for the New Book where the Cat goes over the fence to explore

22. Felicityanne says:

I still don’t like it much though! Lacks the subtlety we’ve come to expect…

23. BatBlaster says:

@kevin I was thinking the same thing. wouldn’t the hedgehog want to eat that bee too, i mean they do eat bugs right? And whats with the leaves, did Simon’s cat want him to look like the pokémon Shaymin?

24. Never thought I’d be like this but, “Meh, not real impressed”. Sorry ’bout that. Hedgehogs are cute. Simon’s cat is cute. Together? Not so much. There. I’m done being, *sigh*, like that.

25. BatBlaster says:

Speaking of hedgehogs and video games, guess whats coming out on wiiware today.

26. It’s not as good as the other ones, but I still love it!

27. The hedgie had it coming.

28. Desdemona says:

@Teahound: You were saying: “what I like about his animations is that the cat is just doing things that most cats do that happen to be entertaining – I don’t think a cat would/could really do this.”

So, your cat regularly smacks you with a baseball bat to get you out of bed? That was Simon’s first one. And his best. I will agree on that.

29. 260Oakely says:

@O NO
    Sorry you were pundernurished this weekend, but I’m back at “work” now.

30. hey guys – yeah I agree with you – not one of his best – cute though – thought it was just me who wasnt over gigglefied over it. Happy Gobble Gobble to those of you in Canada like me :o)

31. BatBlaster says:

Aren’t they called hedgehogs because they sorta sounded like pigs when looking for insects and lived near hedgerows.

32. Wonderful. Some of you guys are so jaded. This was full of his usual whimsy. Thank you Cute Overload!

33. it’s like your favorite authors – the new one isn’t always your favorite.

simon’s cat still rules!!!

34. Loved it.

35. schmoopiepoopie says:

It’s nice to know that Simon’s cat has the ADHD like my little one.. :-)

36. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ 2600: :)

@ J (# 27 )???? WOW.
    You live in a TOUGH neighborhood!!!

37. Methinks the shorts that Tofield’s created to raise awareness for his books have been lacking in general. “Snow Business” and “Cat Chat” anthropomorphize the cat too much (throwing leaves, heaving snowballs, etc.), and that’s what makes them so different from the other shorts. The same could also be said of “Hot Spot.” But again, they are ads, essentially, so don’t expect the moon and stars! ;)

38. warrior rabbit says:

@BatBlaster #31 Well, that makes sense. I never thought about it before. Or heard their noises. (Although I’m assuming that was exaggerated.) I didn’t even really think they made noises.

39. He should have stopped after the first one.

40. BatBlaster says:

As I said before, a ceratin video game was just released…

41. I loved it – i LOL’ed ! And remember – the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.
    (Wonder if this will get moderated ;-) )

42. LOVE IT.

I wonder if he drew from real life for this one. All I can do is imagine my Elmo facing off with a hedgehog and loosing handily.

43. Simon must know my mother. How else could he capture so perfectly how I am when she’s droning on and on and on and on and….

44. Title is misleading: this video shows no evidence that Simon’s Cat can even comprehend, let alone speak, hedgehog. (Incidentally, I wonder if animals can distinguish between human languages, or they think all humans just speak “human” — like, if a dog could tell Spanish from Chinese irrespective of specific commands like “sit,” since Spanish and Chinese sound very different to human ears even if you don’t understand either.)

Love the hedgehog ball of fury. Sort of reminds me of Katamari Damacy.

45. BatBlaster says:

@JME: Oh, i had another game in mibnd when the hedgehog did that

46. Simons cat is hedging his bets starting a hedge fund and creating a hedgemony.

In England Hedgehogs are also known as hedge pigs so perhaps they do grunt,

47. @felicityanne

>>I still don’t like it much though! Lacks the subtlety we’ve come to expect…

are you saying you detect a note of garfield?

48. @mj

>>I loved it – i LOL’ed ! And remember – the hedgehog can never be buggered at all.

no way, we’re totally hip to the lingo.

49. BatBlaster says:

@Hon Glad
    And he’s gonna HOG all the profits right?

50. I loved it! (One of my pet peeves is Garfield, who is so obviously not based on a ‘real’ cat. Simon’s Cat is real!)

51. I think it’s cute…poor little hedgie, trying to talk to someone and the cat won’t listen. I love his little snorfing sounds.

52. Queen of Dork says:

I really like it. I thought it was really funny. :)

53. Ugh, cats and their short attention spans. I always find that when I hold my cats……….oh, a shiney-thing!

54. BatBlaster says:

I didn’t think hedgehogs actually rolled around…
    except in video games.

55. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ chanpon: :) :) :) :) (& etc.)

56. Felicityanne says:

@HonGlad: ‘Thrice and once the hedge-pig whined’…you’re back! How was Almyrida? (and Aptera, and Kyani Akti…

57. Felicityanne – Almyrida was good but just a holiday resort not a working village, development is rife in the area. Being a bit of a pleb I only visited Chania where I bought a rather expensive icon of St Nicholas, when I got home I did a conversion from Euros to pounds and got a bit of a shock £145, I had previously only spent £10 to £20 on them but that was back in the 70’s. I also walked to Kalives a rather dismal seaside village.

58. Personally I love this.. I love that Simons cat is plotting the whole time the hedgie is talkking and OMG the leaves…. I just loved that…. and let me say that cats are weird when they interact with other species… like they hang there for a minute or so and then run off…or Lilac who loves to stalk thehickens and runs after them but when they stop and turn around she stops on a dime and runs away.

The sheep are especially facinating and frightening in turns. And sniffing noses through the fence is done on a regualr basis.. of course never when a camera is about. :D

59. Felicityanne says:

@HonGlad…you left CO for your hols before you read my recommendations, then! Almyrida and Kalyves, I totally agree! Aptera ruins on the hilltop (and its eponymous village taverna), Kyani Akti (Blue Beach where the river meets the sea on the beach), Stylos ( a real village), Gavalochori folk museum…all within 5 miles of Almyrida! Next time!
    Threadjack over and out…

60. Brittany F says:

@JME I believe animals can distinguish between languages. Have you ever met a German Shepard that only speaks (aka responds) to German? You can say ‘SIT’ in the same tone and sharpness and everything as the German command, but the dog will not obey until they hear the German word. I also taught my mother’s dog both Spanish and English commands…even if I say the words in identical OR different tones, she understands that ‘Lavante Te’ and ‘Up!’ are the same, but not ‘Up!’ and ‘Siente Te!’ (which is sit), etc.

61. NOTHING makes my day like a new Simon’s Cat.

And.

Hedgehog!!!!

62. For those of you who don’t like it, go animate your own cartoon.. see if you do any better.

Simon rocks.

63. Awesome Stuff!…

Hopefully going to see the makers on Saturday in Birmingham…

:]

64. kittiwoman says:

Gosh everyone!!! What the heck?!? I totally loved this! We all know someone like the hedgehog–and the snort each time he hit the ground when he was chasing the cat is hilarious! Definately LOL!!!

65. Juniperjinn says:

Hedgehogs have it coming though – selfish wee beasties. Why can’t they SHARE the hedges?

66. BatBlaster says:

Because, Juniperjinn, they have big egos. And they like shiny gems and stuff.

67. :lol: Simon’s Cat was a very naughty kitty putting leaves on that hedgehog :lol:

68. BatBlaster says:

Well it could have been worse Teresa, they could have been captured by a mad scientist and stuffed into robots.

69. that was dumb.

70. Initially I didn’t think it was that good, but I keep watching it, so I was obviously wrong ;) I love Simon’s cat, and I really like Hedgie :)

71. BatBlaster says:

Anyway whats next, them playing wii?

72. BatBlaster says:

Okay, time to abandon all subtlety now. Sonic 4 was released for wiiware on monday. Say, doesn’t the hedgehog look like a cuter version of sonic when he rolls after the kitty.