Y’all Ain’t From ‘Round Heyah, Are Yuh?

Now, ah don’t know how you boys do things in the city, but ’round these parts, we got this thing called a speed limit, and you was over it by a whole mile. Seeing as you ain’t got the $637 fine, you just have to share a cell with Buford tonight.

Julie H. testifies: “Mr. Brimley was a rescued cat from Perth, Ontario, he’s quite a gentleman and he has a fantastic mustache. He’s actually only a year and a half old, although he looks much wiser.”

Comments

1. Oh, I just LOVE Mr. Brimley! What a fantastic looking kitty! He can arrest me anytime.

2. And may I say, what spectacular whiskers!!

3. perfect name for this cat… and loove the hat.

4. Hey, Stan, you’re in Ala-f****n’-bama. You come from New York. You killed a good ol’ boy. There is no way this is not going to trial…

5. Wow! those whiskers are EPIC!

6. A year and a half??

Looks like he could hang out with Roscoe P. Coltrane!

7. @Julie H. So, Mr. Brimley is a rescued cat from Perth, Ontario, Canada :D You are one lucky kitty, Mr. Brimley :D That is a cute hat you are wearing :D

8. Amazing moustachios, and I thought of Wilford Brimley as soon as I saw him. It’s funny that he’s such an old looking young guy. I’d love to give him smooches on top of his head sometime when he’s not wearing that great hat!

9. Surely he is one of the cutest ever.

10. That name…that hat…and then, those whiskers! What a terrific kitty!

11. love him!!

12. classic URL title as well…

13. “What we have here is a failure to communicate.”

14. paulajeanne says:

I giggle every time I see a Brimley cat and what a perfect name for this one!. To think that a quite reputable actor of tv and screen fame is probably better known now for the many cats who look like him on those diabetic commercials! I would love to know what he thinks of his current fame. I adore that mustache!

15. (The Original) Mel says:

We don’t have time for any hush puppies.

16. Mary (the first) says:

I think this guy can go into the “Maru and similar cats to love forever” folder.

17. warrior rabbit says:

He looks the the murderous owlcat from the other day (if you saw the picture of her dry).

18. Mr. Brimley. Really, what else could you call him? That’s one sweet ‘tache!

19. I think a dog should be sheriff.

20. He does look like Wilford Brimley :-)

But when I saw the picture my mind went directly to Smokey and the Bandit, it’s the hat I think :-)

21. <3 @ Theresa..you beat me to it! :D

22. Soooo fabulous…! :D

23. Eeeh! Persians <3
    I just whant to pick him up and hug him!

24. warrior rabbit says:

Mr. Brimley, meet Kismet the owlcat:
    howsaboutnow?

25. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

….also: Nice enunciation of the suuuthahn drawwwwwwwwl, theah!!!

26. “looks much WISER” — is that what you call that look? Looks “much GRUMPIER” to me.

27. Yep, Wilfred Brimley is who I thought of. I expected him to start talking about Liberty Medical.
    NTMTOM…I love your narratives.

28. Denise A. says:

@ Nikki

The Michelin X-J Foahteen…..same sahz <> and model tahr…….

29. This kitty would have won theWorld Beard Contest they recently had… he would have won it Wiskers down.

30. Denise A. says:

Oops! HTML deleted my -smack!- noise from inside the brackets.

31. eeep! I love that this cat’s name is Mr. Brimley–so perfect!

The mustache, the whiskers, the eyes and of course the hat–too perfect. I never thought I’d love a long-haired cat as much as I love this guy…

32. kibblenibble says:

I love Mr. Brimley, but I have to be selfish for just a moment:

My Isabella (also a Persian, like Mr. B) passed away yesterday. She had cancer. I came here because CO is so comforting at times like these, and NOMTOM’s prose and the picture made me laugh out loud. Thanks.

33. Sympathies, kibblenibble. :(

34. Aww, kibblenibble, so sorry for your loss. It is nice to know there’s a place that is always full of happy like CO. <<>>

35. That was supposed to say *hugs*.

36. @Kibblenibs, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you are feeling and Pallina, Pixie and I are sending you hugs.

37. @Denise A. “What’s a yute?”

38. Denise A. says:

@Nikki “Sorry…the two ‘yuuuu-thes’ ….I’m finished wit’ DIS guy!”

39. Awesome ‘stache. (Prison rape humor = bleh, though) This cat somehow looks like he’s in a gravitational field much stronger than Earth’s — like he’s on the surface of Jupiter and all the extra gravity is just making him sag all around.

40. Sending hugs to kibblenibble. :(

41. kibblenibble says:

Thank you, CO friends! I love you all. ♥

42. darkshines says:

I absolutely thought this was a guinea pig at first glance *shame*

43. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ kibblenibble:

absolutely wheelbarrow-loads of sympathies, condolences, rainbows, sparkly glitter & ennythin’ else that might help.

YEW don’t know HOW to be selfish, kn!!!!

44. @JME

>>(Prison rape humor = bleh, though)

ergh… i didn’t see it that way, but i guess you’re right.

on a more chipper note, wilford brimley–though not yet declared legally dead–was known to keep his hat pretty far down low, if you know what i mean. and if you do, let me know.

45. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Here in the Down Low/ USA (by which I mean N. Fla), there was an Oprah episode yesterday about…(ahem)….the Down Low ….only it wasn’t specific to Prison Residents or specific to rape.

46. @ Kibblenibble Hugs from me and the kitties.. We know how hard this all is.

47. What great mushtashe you got there mister! It reminds me of someone…

48. @O NO

the one with terry macmillan?

i heart oprah.

49. @kibblenibble :( I am so sorry to hear about you losing your dear sweet kitty, Isabella :( (She is in a better place) Sadly, we had to put to sleep our dear sweet kitty, Smokie, on August 31, 2010 due to kidney failure :(

50. kibblenibble says:

I’m sorry, Teresa. They are so special, aren’t they? I really miss her. :-(

51. Queen of Dork says:

Oh Teresa, I’m so sorry to hear about Smokie. I hope it helps you to know Smokie is on the Rainbow Bridge. I hope you and your family will feel better soon. I’m sending to you sooooo many hugs and much love.

52. Queen of Dork says:

Hugs to kibblenibble. Gosh. It’s so hard when our friends pass away. I’m wrapping you in hugs right this minute and hope you’ll be okay.

53. Queen of Dork says:

Denise: Here’s the “Two yutes” thing.

54. I attended a concert of the Armed Forces band several years ago at my college, just after 9/11, and Wilford Brimley was the MC. The evening concluded with Mr. Brimley singing “Danny Boy” quite nicely. I like to think of him in that context rather than the “diabeetus” commercials. :)

Kibblenibble, I’m sorry for your loss.

55. Teresa, I missed your post about Smokie until I scrolled back up. I’m so sorry. This is the one place that you know you will never be told “It’s just a cat.”

56. Oh, and condolences for kibblenibble.

57. @kibblenibble, Queen of Dork and Noelegy Thank you for your kind words and cyber hugs. This website is where we can all remember them. Those kitties who go before us are missed and were very much loved. I know that Smokie has gone over the Rainbow Bridge and is now with Spot and Tygger.

58. @JME Aww, I actually liked the Bubba reference! I figure if you’re incarcerated, you musta done somethin’ bad, so…

to Teresa and Kibblenibble: My heartfelt condolences to you both. Why can’t cats and dogs live as long as parrots?! Just really stinks IMHO :(

59. Deep sympathy for kibblenibble and Teresa. Isabella and Smokie are both still watching over their mommies, free from pain and full of love. *hugs*

60. Hugs and sincerest condolences to both Theresa and Kibblenibble :-(

61. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Sharpy: I’m not certain. Evidently Oprah has had at least two episodes on the “down low” (intimacy) phenomenon….& I believe that BOTH times, I came across the episode, w/o knowing ahead (browsing/ remote). Moral of the story: I haven’t seen EITHER entire episode.

On this episode, broadcast here in N Fla, last week, the fellow who, on the earlier episode…(in which he had only been shown in profile and with no name identified).

now did another interview, face fully visible this time, full name identified, etc.

62. To Teresa and Kibblenibble: a good friend of mine just lost his “feline son,” as he described him in his Facebook post. I found a nice “loss of pet” sympathy card and sent it to him, writing inside, “They live so briefly because they love us so brightly.”

63. Mr. Brimley is a cute name, but I totally would have named him Wilfred.

64. @Noelegy :cry: AWW :cry: Please give your friend my sympathy at losing his feline son :cry: That sympathy card you gave him spoke very true words “They live so briefly because they love us so brightly.” :cry:

65. His moustache reminds me of Jerry Mouse’s Uncle Pecos! “Froggie went a courtin and he did ride, c-cc-cc-c-ccrambone!”

66. @Pinchy as Brimley’s owner, I can assure that his actual name is Wilford Brimley, everyone just calls him Mr. Brimley!

67. Better late than never, but that caption was a perfect fit for the photo! I only wish some of these posts had accompanying voice-overs. :)

68. It should be illegal for him to take that hat off. Ever.