WELCOME TO ‘TOCKTOBER

Welcome to ‘Tocktober, People. Now put on your Bonnie Raitt wig (I know you have one) and sing it with me!

Turtles are tockin’, tockin’ ’bout turtles,
This one needs Shoehab, would you believe it?

N8602147_40986097_6565

And then these bunnies, doin’ one-eighty,
Try to ignore it but they keep singin’…

Pastedgraphic

‘Tocks just a little too round,
‘Tocks just a little too close,

Picture_1

You stare just a little too long.
Maybe you’re seein’, same thin’ we do darlin’.

Frog

Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about
(Somethin’ to ‘tock about) [stoats singing backup]
Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about
(Somethin’ to ‘tock about) [hamsters singing backup]
Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about
How ’bout buttoooocks?

Picture_2

I feel so foolish, I never noticed
Your ‘tocks are bulbous, could you be posin’ for me?
It took this website to make me wonder,
Now I’m convinced that I’m goin’ under.

Picture_3

Thinkin’ ’bout ‘em every day,
Dreamin’ ’bout ‘em every night.
I’m hopin’ that they feel the same way,
But that’s impossible—’tocks can’t have feelin’s darlin!

Picture_4

Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about
(Somethin’ to ‘tock about) [frogs singing backup]
A little mystery to figure out
(Somethin’ to ‘tock about) [baby seals singing backup]
Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about
How ’bout buttoooooooocks?

Picture_5

Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about babe,
A little bee butt to figure out.
Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about,
How ’bout buttooooooocks? Ooh…

Listen to ‘em baby
(Somethin’ to ‘tock about) [frogs singing backup again]

2_tocks_up

A little tailio won’t hurt ‘em
(Somethin’ to ‘tock about) [baboons singing backup]

Let’s give ‘em somethin’ to ‘tock about
How about love, love, spots, and love

Whoowhoo mmmm hey oohh whoowhoo
About love, love, love, love

How about they ‘tock about it? uh huh
‘Tock about love……..

Apologies to Bonnie Raitt. Take a bow, ‘Tocktober! Excellent pic spotting, Chief Sister Officuh.

Turtle ‘Tocks by Kasey S., Bun’Tocks by Debra R., elephant log ‘tocks by Sheri, Frog ‘Tocks by Mary Jo E., Sprawled Bunneh ‘Tocks by Heather R., French Bulldog ‘Tocks photo by Carolyn M. sent in by Carolyn C. NBC ‘Tocks by Elena A., Bee ‘Tockage by Uncle Andrew, Alpaca Night ‘Tocks by Julie K., Duck! Duck! ‘Tocks! by Melissa S., Pan-‘Tocks by Roxanne S., Giraffe ‘Tocks by Kellene F., ‘Phant ‘Tocks Sent in by Kate E. taken by Carolyn G.

Comments

1. butt month?

2. mervtheflamingo says:

Wow, I can’t believe it is already ‘Tocktober….I guess I am a little…behind! (guffaw)

3. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

1) ….and the crowd goes W-I-L-D (noise of roaring crowd swelling in background).
    2)Speaking of background:
    a: nice backup singer bits, there, Meg!!
    b: Obligatory Ray Charles background singers/ Raylettes Joke:

….In order to become a Raylette, ya
    had to (*immature snerk*) “let Ray”????? (giggle)

(It’s in HIS OWN autobiogr. book, peeps! I di-unt make that one up myself)

4. Tocktober is the most wonderful time of the year! *twirls*

5. This is inspiring. It has inspired me to: 1. never listen to that song again. 2. Jump into the monitor and grab up various stars. 3. Enjoy the RUMPled look of some of the animals. Thank you for this extremely enjoyable post.

6. Yay! YAY! Yay! TOCKTOBER!!!

Let joy be unconfined!

7. Bunny buns. Yay!!! Iove eet!

8. My favorite -ctober!

better than Rocktober, Stocktober, and even Jacques-Chirac-tober!

9. OMG I just love the elephant pictures! :)

10. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

wow, Theresa!
    Just “wow”.

11. LOL cool video!

12. No Butts about it… we are in Tocktober!

Runs from flying rotten tomatoes

13. Totally spec-TOCK-ular!!

Love the lil green tocks on the froggie! And I so want to snorgle EACH OF THE 6 BEBEH BUNNEHS. (All at once, or individually; I’m not picky!) And for the duckies:

All along the backwater,
    Through the rushes tall,
    Ducks are a-dabbling,
    Up tails all!
    Ducks’ tails, drakes’ tails,
    Yellow feet a-quiver,
    Yellow bills all out of sight
    Busy in the river!

Thank you, Kenneth Grahame (“Wind in the Willows”)!

14. No butts about it – awesome post!

15. skippymom says:

Animal buttocks make life worth living.

16. Its the fist day of October and it’s rained all day but on Sunday I’m off to sunny Crete, I shall think of you peeps in your cubicles and laugh. I shall take a mental picture of this bumper bundle of bums to sustain me.

17. Butt where’s the Corgi Tocks?!??!?

18. Finally!

19. MommaMackie says:

*Groan*

It’s gonna be a loooooonngg month…..

20. And by way of editorial reply, Joe Jones:

“You just ‘toooooooooock, you ‘tock too much.”

21. Pic 1= “Air Walk To Remember”

22. Awsome! I LOVE the annual ‘Tocktober tribute! (And Bonnie, she’s one of my favs). Nothing left to say, but “Tock ON!

23. Now THAT’S what I’m tockin’ about!

24. You tockin’ to me?!? LOVE EET! :-)

25. dawnkeyotie says:

All ya do to me is tock tock. tock tock tock tock..
    (too 80’s?)
    //heart the tocks

26. Hon Glad, bon voyage!

27. Hon Glad I hope you have an Excellent Adventure!

28. earlybird1 says:

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!! The bottoms of those baby elephant feet just KILL me!!! So tiny and pink! I never knew! *thud*

29. Adorable, magnificent, wonderful, funny. Thanks for the ‘tok.

30. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Hon Glad: beeeeeeeeeeeee safe!!!!! :)

31. Meg, you’ve totally outdone yourself this year. My sides ache from laughing so much.

32. My new favorite month!!!!!!

33. MoonCatty says:

What a fabulous collection of cute, hi-larious, and disapproving ‘tock pics!

A great way to kick off ‘Tocktoberfest!

34. flittertwit says:

BUTT -TOCKS!!! I always think of the way Forrest Gump says it…. Happy Tocktober all.

Have a wonderful time in Crete, HonGlad!!

35. My favorite time of year!

36. Martha in Washington says:

@HonGlad–I’m jealous! *pouts*

I wait all year just for this month. I wish my birthday was in Tocktober!

37. Queen of Dork says:

Martha in Washington: My birthday IS in Tocktober! I love, love, love this month and not just because it’s my birthday month either.
    HonGlad: That cracked me up! Laughing at us, eh? ‘kay. Just you wait until….crap, I don’t know. Crete sounds so cool. I’m jealous, too. :)

38. frogboots says:

excellent post.

but the froggie tocks – or maybe just the froggie himself – make me think i’m looking at a green bell pepper. that can’t be the right camouflage, can it? what natural frog habitat would suggest that looking like a green pepper is the right way to go?

39. And that means that Nose-vember is just one month away!

40. Sing it with me: You ‘taww-aww-aw-aw-awk too much, you ‘tock to much!

Excellent double duck ‘tocks.

41. Toctober always makes me happy! And with Nose-vember around the corner, well I might start barfing rainbows!!! It’s too much I tell ya, too much!!!!

42. Meg, thank you for letting us live in this world with you. Amazing. I am in awe.

43. Looooove the ‘Tocks! ‘Toctober and Halloween, great bookends for my birthday month! Oooooh, can’t believe my ‘tocks have been on the planet for 60 years. Got a lot in common with those elephants.

@frogboots, “what natural frog habitat would suggest that looking like a green pepper is the right way to go?” made me laugh so hard I fell off of my chair. (The dog is staring. I’m an awful embarrassment to her.) That would make a great tee-shirt with the photo on it!

44. warrior rabbit says:

Hmm. That frog *does* look like a bell pepper. And something about those duck tocks remind me of Sydney…

45. Martha in Washington says:

@Queen of Dork–Happy Birthmonth! I just realized that most of my best friends have a birthday in Tocktober. How remarkable! That must mean something…

46. fish eye no miko says:

The bee ‘tocks never fail to amuse me. (-:
    Long live Tocktober!

47. Felicityanne says:

@HonGlad: Give my love; no, adoration; to Western Crete and Chania if that’s the bit you’re going to, and tell it May next year in the wildflowers…

48. Felicityanne says:

…and tell all the kitties they can have sheep’s milk yogurt cartons to lick…

49. Sydney Ann says:

They r so cute…..and adorable!!!

50. Felicityanne – Yes it’s near Chania, Almyrida which sounds more Spanish to me. I have only ever gone to Greece when it is scorched and have often promosed myself to go in spring for the spring flowers. So envy of you next May.

51. Felicityanne says:

@HonGlad: don’t miss the ruins at Aptera, and the taverna Aptera in that village (formerly Megala Chorafia). And Kyani Akti beach near Kalyves where the river meets the sea on the beach! and the fish taverna there at weekends off-season. And try the Theriso Gorge and Taverna O Antartes there!
    Threadjack over, I guess…regrettably…

52. I love october! And not just because of my birthday, the colors of nature are incredible during this month. I plan to escape at the mountain and at beautiful parks as much as I can and take billions of photos of trees and multicolored leaves and… Oh look, animals showing their bums!

Looks like my hamster Neu is following the trend: http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkyfactory/5043963346/

53. Ahhh, Tocktober…it never gets old! From bumble bee ‘tocks to elephant ‘tocks – thanks Meg!

54. KittyMarthaPoo says:

My favorites:

–the white French Bulldog – he looks so SMOOTH!!!
    –the alpaca. He’s so FLOOOFY!!!!

55. OK- think of the musical “South Pacific”- now, there is a song,Bloody Mary sings it: “Tock, tock tock tock tock tock happy tock, tock about what you like to do…..just perfect for us all!

Hon Glad- In now wish to go to Crete. Mind you, I have never before wanted to go to Crete. Congratulations, I am not usually so suggestible. You might want to speak with them about a publicity job!

56. This is my first Tocktober and I looovvv it. i just burned 1000 calories laughing.

57. Someone please do a Youtube video singing these actual lyrics to the song with the pictures too….it would be awesome!!!

58. Queen of Dork says:

Holly: Happy to oblige! Here is Bonnie herself. (I hope this will work).

59. warrior rabbit says:

@QoD — Mmm, I think she was asking for someone to post the song with Meg’s lyrics, but… it’s always good to revisit a classic.

60. Great ‘tocks, Great song— and Bonnie does a rockin’ job with it, but it was written by Shirley Eckhard. One of Bonnie’s great talents is picking the best songs to ‘make her own’. Happy ‘Tocktober, everyone!!

61. Queen of Dork says:

warrior rabbit: I know. I kind of figured that out my own stupid self after I already posted the song. Oops! Sometimes I am kind of late. :) Oh well.

62. LeAnn Not At Work says:

Yeah, NOW it’s ‘Tocktober! Woo-hoo!

63. Viola de Lesseps says:

The bee-tocks are *adorabuhls!!*

64. i believe the answer is:

bonnie was as high as an elephant’s…eye

65. Yahoo!! ‘Toctober!!! @Hon Glad… enjoy Crete. I am so jealous, I rival the pepper-y frog for green-ness. And love the turtle-tocks…. though with so many great pics, there’s no way I can pick a fav.

66. Well done! I’ve been looking forward to this month since about, oh, May or so.

67. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

me own cherce is the Alpaca.
    closely followed by the whole froggie and green bell pepper quandary.
    and thirded, by the behind of a peacock.

68. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

and I have *NO IDEA* what about that set of favorite items *FROM THIS POST*
    could possibly have warranted the Big Green Moderashun Machine. From what I can tell, I see not an iota of controversy nor commentroversy, nor vulgar words,

nor shopping nor teenager-y nor spammy content.

(sigh.)

69. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

both of my comments? moderashun? Really?

70. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

ps QoD: You only good things, not bad things! :)

71. Meg you rock, love the hover texts too :D

72. Love the ‘Tocktober theme!
    Elephant ‘tocks (even little calfs) always make me think of elderly people’s ‘tocks–(kinda wrinkly and saggy).

73. Theresa… was “let joy be unconfined” a possible Lorne Elliot reference?