If I Could Walk That Way, I Wouldn’t Need the Genius Grant

Can you walk on air? Someday you might, thanks to research at the Bethesda Locomotion Extended Ergonomics Network (BLEEN), where scientists have developed a unique way of walking without one’s feet touching the ground.

Comments

1. *snorf!*

2. Wheeeee!

Let’s do it again!

3. *giggles*

I love the dignified way he sits at the end after all that. As if to say “I didn´t just do that. That was just the pup in me coming out to play.”

4. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Question: If we participate in the BLEEN study, do we get to make the same shlurp snorglety bulldoggy noises??? ‘Cuz if so, SIGN ME UP!!!!

5. Sasha's Mum says:

Very efficient. Transportation + back scritching.

6. Is this a cue for another “Young Frankenstein” cascade?
    “Hearts and kidneys are tinker toys! I am talking about the central nervous system! “

7. The Bulldog Booty Ballet has really gone downhill.

8. The latest in dance crazes… The scratch and slide!

9. The BLEEN network is hilarious NTMTOM.

Is it just me or does the pup’s breathing sound like a doggie impersonation of Darth Vader?

10. Man, that is so weird. I guess he’s scratching his back, but it’s still cat-level weird. I also liked how he just sat down to enjoy his big accomplishment.

11. and here ‘s the burning (no pun intended) question–did she get that itch?

12. pretty field and happy pup. sigh

13. When a polar bear comes out of hibernation, it will often slide down a snowhill. It looks adorable and playful but I think it serves a purpose of washing and refreshing the bear. Maybe its the same with Winston Churchill Jr?

14. fleurdamour says:

Now THAT’s a blorp.

15. LOL LOL LOL ;-D ;-D ;-D

16. poor snorty-pup has a itch.

17. Nice Monty Python reference NTMTOM!

Semprini?

18. ♪I’m walking on sunshine… WHOA-OH! I’m walking on sunshine… WHOA-OH! And don’t it feel good!♪

19. I have the feeling this is about more than skritching! And she’s not on a roll but a definite slither downhill. Love how she sits and gazes off into the distance at the end, “I have conquered this hill. Now I seek a new challenge. Perhaps belleh-flops on a down hill run?”

20. fatgrammafinn says:

might i point out, this lovely young lady is a bigger, British version of “the poop machine” from yesterday. someone needs to knit her a privacy tail, being as how she’s an adolescent and all. can’t let her give away all her secrets to the boys.

21. fatgrammafinn says:

i saw a video once of a crow, dead of winter in Yellowstone, climbing to the top of a smallish slope, and slide down on his back. climb back up, slide back down. dozens of times. just for play. animals are more like peepulz than we care to admit.

22. Love the snorts and jowels noises, which I will not even attempt to spell here… What a lovely lady!!

23. Must be really bad itch!

24. Awww, my Rottie Yalo used to do this in our backyard. I do wish I’d taken a video…

25. I love the flailing legs, separated by such vast expanses of fatness. Smart, adorable dog. (-:

26. Oh, what a great pup with a fantastic sense of ungrounded fun!

27. I’m impressed that the owner didn’t giggle even once! Obviously, you get used to laughable behaviour when you own a bulldog!

28. Martha in Washington says:

Is it something genetic about smooshed-nosed dogs and sliding down things? First the boxer on the stairs and now this? *thinking seriously about acquiring a smooshed-nosed dog especially if they are all this entertaining…hmmm*

29. Considering the evil purpose that they were originally bred for (Bull baiting) they are such natural comedians.
    When I was a nipper we would play rolly poley at the local park, this consisted of complete roll overs down the hill. I don’t think kids could play it now without rolling in dog pooh left by inconsiderate owners.

30. The Ministry of Silly Walks would surely be interested in giving a grant to this fine upsidedownstanding citizen.

31. If you only watch 0:00 to 0:23 and you haven’t read title or comments, this is really freaky.

Love it!

32. bookmonstercats says:

Theresa@#6, what IS your PhD in????? Music… Youtube…quoting Mel Brooks word for word… ? *Steps back in admiration*

It’s been a long hard week. A NOMTOM Special is just what I needed. Thanks, NOMTOM

33. I’d love to live amongst those beautiful surroundings…lucky dog!

34. i love the head/ear/jowl shake… wacka-wacka-wacka….

35. Adorable! Never EVER gets old!

36. The sound FX are priceless, but the high-falootin’ one at 0:53 is the bestest!

37. As Jude says, if you watch with out reading any of the written explanation it looks weird, like the Thanks giving turkey has escaped from the carving plate and is making its getaway.

38. OMG, the sight of that tubby little body going down the hill… Priceless! :D

39. TrixandSam says:

@Hon Glad #37:

Do you know how hard it is to pluck out cottage cheese from a computer keyboard??? How dare you make me laugh my breakfast through my nose. Turkey making a getaway indeed.

40. @suzushii

>>this fine upsidedownstanding citizen.

I love eet!

yeee

41. Trix and Sam – Sorry about that, its 3:40 in the afternoon here so there’s not the same risk. :)

42. Clearly this dog has a bad case of Back Scratch Fever!
    (cue the heavy metal sound track)

43. Copperbat says:

I’ve never met that dog, but I want to thank him for being so awesome and giving me such a big happy that it lasted all day yesterday!

44. NTMTOM – best use of bleen ever!

45. This vid went from ridiculously goofy to pleasantly idyllic, with a lot of snorting and flopping in the middle.

46. I don’t know what was better, the backsliding or the snorfling and snorting. :D

Of course, if I tried this, I’d find the only rock on the slope and give myself a concussion…

47. Cues Aerosmith Song…

Walk this way…. walk this way…

48. flittertwit says:

Blorp in motion!! Luff eeet!!

49. TrixandSam says:

@ Hon Glad: apology accepted. (curtsies in your general direction)

@ AuntieBellum: BWAAHAHAHA!! I’d be hitting that one rock too….

50. HRHQueenCat says:

a fine demo of backboarding :)

51. S.J. Hartsfield says:

Oh God, the snorting… the snorting! Bulldogs are a weakness of mine, it’s true. And this one is *particularly* redonk. LOVE IT.

52. I’ve never seen a bulldog move this much! lol

53. You have to hear the music I was hearing through iTunes as I was watching these wiggling bully ‘tocks:

Makes for a hilarious mashup.

54. Ma cherie! Ma toute p’tite chien! Tu es mignione. je t’aime. J’adore toi.

(And you get more exercise than i do….)

55. They see rollin’ … They hatin’