The Downside to Dieting

Proof that every silver lining has a dark cloud: You count your calories, work out religiously, drop that weight and feel great — and your skin doesn’t fit anymore.

Betty is chub-tastic, Natasha H.

Comments

1. accordion-itis!!

2. Betty?! that squeeshy lump o’ luv is named Betty!?!

ohemgee, y’all, I just croaked right here in my office.

chub, indeed.

3. Obviously not a military dog, never get past inspections like that.

4. Betty?!? What a hilarious name for such a wrinkly little lady.

5. Obviously she is a Betty BOOP!!

6. Betty!! *melt*

7. Mom, that sweater Granny knitted is way too big.

Betty droop.

8. Betty says:
    I had to get a coat made of natural fibers. Boy, I’m shar pei’ing for it now. Next time I’ll go with permanent press.

9. Totally know the feeling. Sigh. :-(

10. Wrinklular!

@Oakley HEhehehe!

11. Been there. Lost 189 lbs about 7 years ago (and kept it off!!!). Alls I can say is I wasn’t nearly as cute as Betty! (TG for plastics! lol) :)

12. I want to stick my face between the wrinkles and SNORGLE!

13. ahahaha… I’m reminded of the “pencil test”, which (last I checked) circulates among 12-year-old girls as a way to determine boobular ripeness. Of course, as with many things I learned at that age, it’s full of horse poopies. I’m 26 and I still don’t pass the pencil test. :D

…guess I need to hire a shar-pei!! *squishes*

ps. once I saw a 3 m.o. sharpei/black lab mix, and she had tiny little butt wrinkles, aaaiiieeee <3 <3 <3

14. Just make sure nothing starts growing in them there crevices. 8O

15. Ooh, I want to stuff my face in all those wrinkles.

16. fatgrammafinn says:

i hope Betty never gets muddy and then decides to roll around amongst the grass seed… she would be her own Chia Pet.

17. what kind of dog is that? (it’s soooooo cute)

18. *slips on leather jacket, black sunglasses*
    WHETHER AN OLDSMOBILE,
    OR A POUND CAKE MOLD
    HE WAS A GGOOOOOD DOGGEH,
    YEAH HE WAS A-
    * Gets smacked*

19. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Those aren’t WRINKLES, folks!!!

Betty is sportin’ a sweateauw with furry ruffles on it!!!!

20. kibblenibble says:

Look at Betty’s curled-up tail and happy expression. She doesn’t know she looks…urm…unusual. :-)

21. @Beans: Wow.

22. As in “yeah she’s hot. She’s a real Betty!”

Oh and go Brandi!

23. He’s like a living version of that slinky dog in Toy Story. :D

24. I love sharpei dog they are so cute

25. Wow that looks really uncomfortable.

26. Martha in Washington says:

That’s it…I’m putting all that weight back on right now! Cookies, here I come!

27. bookmonstercats says:

1 I’m fair-skinned and my skin doesn’t fit all over,
    2 “Betty” is a diminutive of “Elizabeth”.
    Ergo, am I cute?
    *Looks in the mirror*.
    Nope!
    Shar-pei Betty is though.

@260O, snorts coffee out of nose.

Beans – awsome.

28. Plenty of love handles there!

29. Warm wrinkular wuzzle, wiggles winningly!

While I’m here: missed a spate, a bit ago, of proposals of marriage and/or Torrid affairs being bandied about. Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring for 260Oakley, anyone who can make me laugh that hard… whadda ya say? : )

30. @Brandi, yeah, me too. Had bariatric surgery several years ago, lost around 100 pounds (after having lost 50 pounds on my own), have also kept it off and I am in the same situation as you. I’m thinking the shar pei ought to be the official mascot for Big Losers (in the good sense of the term). Meanwhile, Betty is a real cutie.

31. @Shygrrl74
    I’m flattered, but in my private life I’ve vowed to remain punwed.
    But here on CO, hey I’m anybody’s.

32. caitlin, I think the meaning of the pencil test changes as we age.

33. That’s awesome Marsheee! :) I worked 2 jobs for a couple of years to save for plastics. It was totally worth it. lol I love sharpeis, but didn’t want to look like one. haha

34. @Oakley: Thank you. You’d have a riot on your hands if you restricted access. You belong to the entire CO audience.

35. Nuff note. I’ve heard Sharpeis can get sores between wrinkles. :(

36. Darn, I knew if I used nuff I’d get moderated by the moidering moderating Mac Hinery.

37. See two moderations in a row, as they say in parts of the north “Well I’ll go to the foot of our stairs”

38. @260: ***dramatic sigh*** Cain’t blame a gal for tryin’. Nevah been turned down so gentleh either, class act! : ) Your brilliance is, bien sur, for all of CO. Keep on keepin’ on!

39. Thank you fatgrammafinn and 260: I needed those laughs on a cold wet day! :-)

40. Poor dog. That is one sick breed.

41. @Hon Glad– Eeh bah goom!

42. Lovin’ the nose. It almost matches her fur.

43. What a cutie! A person could lose things in that thar skin. Give her a bath and you’ll find some things you lost last week.

@ 260…you make my day. I truly look forward to your puns. I regularly pun with a former workmate…but, none so as funny as yours. I would never tell him that however.

Incidentally, the picture reminded me of a bulldog we rescued when I was little.
    She had had a batch of puppies and let’s just say she could have used several good bras. Well anyway, my auntie named her one hung low. Just had to share that.

44. Shar-pei, the dog that can turn around in its own skin (should something grab it from behind!) I’ll confess, much as I love all dogs, this one takes a bit of effort to see the Qte. Love the nose, though. BOOP!

@Hon Glad, “Well, I’ll go to the foot of our stairs?” Just how far North are you? What means this? What happens at the foot of the stairs?

45. bookmonstercats says:

@Fern and @Hon Glad – is it Yorkshire? I keep hearing it said in a Dame Thora Hird voice.

@Fern – *whispers* nobody knows (cues weird music)

46. Theresa – Ows thy sen, gradely I ope.

Fern & Bookmonstercats – I live in the suburbs of London my accent is home counties which slips into sarf Lunon. I only know “I’ll go to the foot of our stairs” from a TV soap Coronation Street which celebrates 50 years this year, its set in Manchester.The expression means I’m very surprised who would have thought it.

47. DreamspinnerCheryl says:

Am I the only one who sees a row of cinnamon donuts here? This is only day two of Weight Watchers…what food hallucinations will I be having a week from now??

48. >_<
    Ohh she is sooo cute. What a perfect little blush pink nose!! Nobody would ever doubt she is a princess. I love the little t-shaped hip wrinkle- like she has pockets!!

49. BatBlaster says:

I saw a pic of a shar pei in a cute book and instantly thjought of this