THIS JUST IN: Maru in a rain coat

Everyone’s favorite round-faced kitteh pal Maru just tweeted this stylish pic. Love the one-ear action.

More of Maru’s twitpics here! Arigato, Bill S.

Comments

1. Wallpaper! Arigato!

2. Awwww, Maru. We love you…

3. Konichiwa Maru-san!

4. The best cat ever

5. JohnnyJohnny says:

Look at those peeeerfect rings on Maru’s tail.

6. Fashionable Maru sports the latest coat from Purrberry.

7. How is it that even the outdoors looks pristine clean in all Maru pictures!

8. OMGOMGOMOMGGGGG! :D *dies happy once more*

9. Oh but where can I get such a lovely raincoat for my 20 pound orange floofer?

10. OMG I just *gasped* out loud at the cuteness!

11. I’m purring in the rain just purring in the rain.

12. What an adventurous kitty Maru is!
    Did you notice?
    There is a dry area behind Maru but since he is protected by his beautiful blue rain coat Maru is sitting on the wet side of the pavement!

13. I love, love, love this! I wish my cats would wear raincoats!

14. OMG I JUST DROPPED DED

15. Maru is the most awesome and beautiful cat in the history of ever.

16. Maru is beyond words.

17. One ear AND one eye action! Kawaii!!!

18. It’s his Famous Blue Raincoat.

19. Guys, wish me luck. I’m bringing my kitteh over for her first stay at my boyfriend’s house this weekend. He’s never had pets! Not even as a kid. Any advice?

20. Gracie's Mom says:

O M G! I have just died and gone to kitteh heaven! So adorable!

21. Darling Creature says:

Just got Maru 2 book in the mail yesterday! Fantabulous!

22. fatgrammafinn says:

iheartmaru. he should be a diplomat, either the Japanese representative to the Court of St. James, or a high offical at the UN.
    “I will put up,AGAIN,with this affront to my dignity, because you never make me miss a meal AND you bring me BOXES! ” on the surface, not very cat-like, but then again, VERY inscrutable, and that is Very cat-like!

23. fatgrammaafinn – I am still reding your name as Fratgramamuffin :)

24. OMG!!! I just cried a little.

25. How adorable!!! I love his little raincoat :)

26. Oh my GOODNESS! This is simply TOO MUCH!

27. Heather and the Boston Terriers says:

brinnann Don’t leave him alone with the kitten, ;)
    Seriously though, bring some toys for kitty to play with and her regular food, perhaps a soft kitty bed and a scratcher and all should be fine. Show the kitty where the clean litter box is, too. Most cats, even kittens are very low maintenance.

As for Maru — I can’t get my dogs to wear raincoats so how is it that a cat will wear one? You’re cute Maru and I love that your whole world is so CLEAN. One day I’ll find my way out of this clutter…

28. i LURVE him so much

29. Sasha's Mum says:

Skippymom, you beat me to it!

Maru + Leonard Cohen reference = Friday perfection.

30. *waving to Sasha’s Mum*

31. @Brinnann, bring he/she is familiar with, like a sweater or blanket she likes to sleep on.

32. @brinnann, I do wish you luck. When Skippy was younger, I took him for visits to other people’s houses a few times, and he did not enjoy it. I hope your cat will do better. How old is the kitty? Presumably he/she already is acquainted with the boyfriend?

33. I ♥ you Maru :D

34. Maru makes me so happy!
    I truly love heeem!

35. oh Maru you made my day!

Make sure to click on the link for twit pics, Maru in the litterbox is priceless!!!

36. Do we know if Maru’s name has a particular meaning? I just like to think that it rhymes with “Baroo.” :D

37. fatgrammafinn says:

@brinnann-all luck wished!

@Hon Glad… call me what you will, even if it’s just for tea

38. Peeps, you MUST cleeck the leenk to Maru’s other twitpics– they are breelliant! Plus the captions– e.g. “Why my nose sometimes sound like a pig?”

39. I just love love love that cat. And his twitpics and captions are the best. His mom is so unintentionally hilarious with her translations. :)

40. I love the watermark in the corner: I am Maru. Very existential. I am Maru. Indeed. We are all Maru.

41. S.J. Hartsfield says:

@Dash Okay, so I’m pretty sure there needs to be a “We Are Maru” shirt.

42. What, no matchink boots?????

43. Thanks guys. :)

Skippymom, she’s about 4 years old, and she hasn’t met him yet. That’s why I’m nervous! I’ve had to take her to other people’s houses when we evacuated for hurricanes, and she stays pissed off for a day or so. But she’s become much more attached to me since then, so I don’t know if that’ll affect her behavior.

Theresa, for some strange reason she LOVES her pet carrier. So I keep a towel in it that she sleeps on. I’ll be taking her in that and leaving it out where she can get in it, kinda like a safe place.

Heather, I’ve already brought just about everything over there that she’ll need. New litterbox, same kind of litter she has at home, a bag of her dry food, cans of her wet food. I bought her a carpet-covered hidey-hole so she can have something to scratch as well as something to get in. I’ve left it out at my house for a couple of weeks so she’d get used to it, and she seems to like it, so it’ll already smell like her when she gets there.
    It’s funny that the first thing you said is don’t leave him alone with the kitteh. :lol: Saturday I have a hair appointment, so unless he leaves the house he’ll be there alone with her for a couple of hours. I just hope she doesn’t talk his ear off! She’s a very needy cat, and she likes to talk to me A LOT. He’s not accustomed to having pets at all, so I’m wondering how he’s gonna take it when she jumps on the couch with us to lay all over me.

44. @Dash: Not quite. We might all wish we were Maru.

45. I love my two funny felines, but Maru may be da funniest, cutest kitteh evah.

And yes, @Dash and @S.J. Hartsfield, we are all Maru now.

46. fatgrammafinn says:

@noelegy… i did a translation of “Maru” a while back. it can mean zero, circle, completeness, purity. not an expert but was interested.

happy weekend all *mwah*

47. @brinnann, there is a great spray called ‘Feliway,’ which is used to help kitties relax in an unfamiliar environment. If it doesn’t work on kitty, perhaps it will work on boyfriend! LOL Good luck.

Maru Maru Maru. Love you!

48. I just looked at Maru’s pictures and captions. My new catchphrase is going to be “Toothbrush was end.” I will see how many times a day I can work that into conversations.

49. MamaLana, I’m sorry to say that Feliway did not work on Sheba. She and my other cat have, after three years, decided that they hate each other. So I bought Feliway to see if it would calm them down. No such luck. :(

Boyfriend, however, I have not tried. Hmmm…. ;)

50. Awwwww, I finally checked out the rest of Maru’s TwitPics!!! My favorite is Maru’s blue tub. :lol: Well, maybe the one where he’s hiding from the toothbrush. Or is it the one… Oh heck, they’re all so friggin’ cute!

51. fatgrammafin – Can we have grammamuffins with the tea, Assam of course.

52. Maru gives me a happy.

I love rain. I love Maru. I love Maru’s lil blue slicker.

53. Once we get this photo shoot down for my adoring fans I hope there will be Shashimi and warm milk waiting for me inside.

54. That is SO stinkin’ cute!!

55. Bugmom and KittyAdventures suggested catnip. Lots of it. :twisted:

56. fatgrammafinn says:

@brinnan and all. if feliway doesn’t work, i recommend bach’s rescue remedy. great all purpose homeopathic remedy for EVERYTHING! i give it to kitty before her semi annual shave. before dentist appointments, colicky bebes of all species, if you have to get up in front of a group to speak, just 1-4 drops under your tongue, rinse your mouth out first with warm water, if you use the drops too soon after toothpaste or coffee it won’t work. kitties don’t usually drink coffee or use minty toothpaste *snerk*. if you can’t use alcohol, put the drops in about an ounce of hot water, it burns the alcohol off. you can use the drops to minimize bruising (strange but true) after you fall or have any other type of accident, and they also make a rescue remedy cream useful for scrapes and owies and strains and sprains, works better than arnica.

57. Yes, catnip is good!

58. :lol: What makes it even better is that boyfriend hasn’t really been around cats much. So I can imagine how crazy it’s gonna seem to him when she starts going nuts over the nip!

59. fatgrammafinn says:

twitpix… “i am relaxed” i didn’t think maru had any other state of being- even hiding from the toothbrush he’s relaxed. “taking a break” and licking his nether regions. but as a very private Japanese cat he does his licking with his back to the camera.

60. @dash

>>I love the watermark in the corner: I am Maru. Very existential. I am Maru. Indeed. We are all Maru.

and of course the ur-lolcatspeak phrase, “maru is maru.”

61. I second the recommendation of Rescue Remedy. I keep it with me at all times.

62. I’ve never heard of this Rescue Remedy. I’m off to Google!

63. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ brinann:
    with ONE slight adjustment….

["I'm off to see, the Google...."]

(cue the orchestra, please Maestro!!)

“…the WONderful Google of Oz….We hear he is a wonderful Google;
    if ever a Google there was….”

Signed,
    etc.

64. Mind you if you really have the screaming ab dabs, Bach rescue remedy doesn’t work, I’ve tried. May be J.S.Bach would work.

65. fatgrammafinn says:

@ Hon Glad… i prefer lapsang souchon with soy sauce… just a dab’ll do. i’ve had situations where the rescue remedy didn’t work. i just went with the screamin’ mimi’s. made me feel better right away.

66. I want to be Maru when I grow up. Never has a cat been so doted upon.

67. @Julia…truer words were never spoken. The entire universe seems to dote on this cat! Unidotal.

68. Even Maru’s deck is superbly clean. Not a hair out of place.

69. Sharpy,
    True . . . and we is Maru.

70. @julia

unidotal? how about polydotal? or omnidotal? sounds obscure, made-up and very, very silly. i love it!

71. slappy squirrel says:

Gotta love that little Maru!

72. Maru-chan, ame ga furu….

73. Wah!!!!! ADORABLE!

74. Queen of Dork says:

(sigh) Good grief. (sigh) Maru in a blue raincoat. With green grass. And rained-on patio. And a blue raincoat. And one eye, one ear and beauty mark on nose. The expression on his face. Please excuse me. *skips off with happiness and joy to clean up the glitter and rainbow confetti which just gushed from my ears*

75. This cat just could not be any cuter. Maru is the epitome of cute.

@Hon Glad, I am so glad to not be the only one who reads fatgrammafinn as fatgrammamuffin. Would fatgrammamuffins be tasty?

76. I just looked at the Twitpics. OMG, “I am earnest” is just killing me! I will never love another, my heart belongs to Maru.

Also, I must now run out and say to the next person I meet “I have the harness of such a type”.

77. (happy sigh)

Maru. Is. Teh. Awesome.

78. @fuzzy

>>I am so glad to not be the only one who reads fatgrammafinn as fatgrammamuffin. Would fatgrammamuffins be tasty?

i too suffer from eyejinx with “fatgrammuffin.”

and would fatgrammamuffins be tasty?

yeah, sure.

ewww, no!

awww, sure, why not. yes!

no. definitely no.

79. If you get the book I Am Maru volume 2 there’s a chapter called “Maru on a rainy day” that features more pictures of Maru in his blue rain coat. Funny stuff.

80. I think we need to launch a Cute overload Japanese course so we can hoover up every tidbit.
    I only know Yokoso, and that’s probably wrong.

81. are you serious?? That’s the most ridiculous thing ever.

haha

82. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ HG:

I”m certain that there are menny CO’ers who know LOTS more japonais than meself, but I’ll provide these teensy-tiny tidbits:

Gomen-a-sai = excuse me/ pardon me
    (possibly also to use for “I’m sorry/ I apologize”)

(If I had a telephone, I’d call me mudder to ask about “Doh-itashimashte”….cuz it’s another wonderful useful polite phrase, but ….no gots….mebbe another CO’er will know that one, off the top/ head?)

First 5 numerals
    (This is what remains, in the deep recesses of my
    alleged grey matter, back from 1970)

1=ichi (pronounced “eechi”, not “itchy”:) )
    2= ni (pronounced as in Monty Python’s “Knights who say Nee”)
    3=san (pronounced as the English word “on”, but add an “s”)
    4=shi (shee)
    5=go

Hope that’s of some tiny bit of use to somebody.
    Signed,
    Sayonara!!!

83. What a great face!

84. An update for all my helpful peeps: I’m at the salon, and boyfriend just called to tell me that kitteh crawled into his lap the second he sat down on the couch. :mrgreen: They’re taking to each other very well!

85. O NO: Thanks for the earworm. :P

86. So Maru means round, or circle! Sooooo cuuuuuuute.

87. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!! says:

@ brinnann:

1) YAY for boyfriend’s lap!
    2) YAY for kitteh! and

3) ;) Ye’re surely welcome, mum!!!!

88. O NO- Thanks for the short Japonaise course, I’ve just remembered iroshi but not what it means :(

89. fatgrammafinn says:

i am sorta grammamuffin… more like gramma addicted to safeway bakery’s mini chocolate chip muffins. and i truly do answer to almost everything, except “yo, adrian”

happy weekend!

90. I’m sure you have seen this, but if not, you need to. Maru gets a mention.

91. @Noelegy, thanks for sharing. That rocked!

92. I gotta say, I’ve never really seen the big deal about Maru, but THIS IS CUTE!

93. @noelegy

i hadn’t seen that and i loved it. thanks!

94. Noelegy – its all true.

I’ll have to go through and re-read everyones name, I thought yours was Noel gay,
    now is it no leggy or knowledgy.

95. EEEEEEEEEEP I <3 Maru!!! :)

96. Aborable…but MY kitty is the best kitty ever. Looks alot like Maru. Rag doll kitty. He is funny, handsome, and a great mouser. Sorry Im partial. :)

97. :D All ready for the rain, Maru? Yes, you are :D

98. Ok hes cute. Waiting for the school bus?

99. I’m thinking April for next year’s calendar? Maru is such a cutie. :)

100. Say, does this post need a Maru tag? I couldn’t find it when I looked under Maru.

101. please add “maru” tag. I had to search separately for this post.

102. Shouldn’t this be tagged as ”Maru”?