You Tell ‘em, Tough Guy!

“That’s right, you better run! And don’t come flinging your poo at me again!”

(“Wow, I chased those monkeys off all by myself! Wait until I tell Mom!”)

This is Ajang, newborned one-horned rhino at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo near Dunstable, Bedfordshire, England. Full story here. (Photo: Photo: Ian Nicholson/PA Wire)

Comments

1. I would win sooooo many more fights too if I had a big mama rhinoceros standing behind me… heh…

2. Look how they’re plated all over–like little knights in rhino armor!

–bossgripes.com

3. So far this one-horned rhino is just a no-horned rhino…

4. Put’em up, put’em uuuuup.
    I’ll fight you with one paw tied behind my back.
    I’ll fight you with my eyes closed….

5. EAR HAIR!

6. Awwww, what a beaut! Love the baby armor plating and dinosaur snoutlet.

7. Totally triceratops! (and tricerabottoms for that matter!)

8. AWWWW! Realy, realy cute! :)

9. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

yay Trinky Dink (tricerabottoms!!!)

also: I was — just 48 hours ago — telling a buddy that the baby rhino from a few months ago resting on his mama, was right up there in my Top Five CO’s of All Time and YAY another Rhino Baby-Mama Drama!!!

signed,
    woo-HOO for Rhino Baby (& their) Mamas!!!

10. Mary (the first) says:

I like the ruffles around their necks! Built in scarves!

11. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Ps in re hovertext: AS IF!!!
    (However, all CO’ers know that NTM
    always has the well-being of Los Critteres in mind)

when you click on the link for the zoo’s article, the article specifically quotes a rep of the zoo as saying “She is being a fantastic mum, too”.

And — at the risk of repeating myself:
    YAY baby (and mama) rhinos bein’ TOUGH guys/ galz!!!!

12. Use SHINO polish for all your leather
    for a really zingy shine
    it’s SHINO all the time

13. Rhino Shino, Hon Glad.

14. fatgrammafinn says:

very little floof to boop but i’m willing to give it a shot… BOOP!! *runs away from mamma bery bery BERY fast*

15. Did they saw off mama’s horn? I know they do that in wildlife preserves but I thought that they left them alone in zoos.

16. Aww, there go two monkehs with bruised tuchises. :mrgreen:

17. Back at the monkey compound:
    “Yeah, we were trying to sneak out but then a rhino-saw-us.”

18. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Qwershtyun:

Are the two bebeh monkehs involved in said incident, named Bobby and Carl???

19. Kar, maybe she came from a preserve or was rescued.

20. Lisa – Thanks, I hadn’t noticed the Rhino Shino rhyme, so it’s :-
    Use Shino to polish your Rhino.
    Oh the angst we tirtured geniuses go through :););)

21. or even tortured.

22. I forgot the ”don’t post too quickly after your previous post” rule.

Sharpy I think we need a users guide in how not to get discomknockerated.

23. @260Oakley, Bada-bing!

24. fatgrammafinn says:

almost looks like momma may be using the wall as a nail file for her horn?

i’m taking a chance here. has anyone else ever heard of cornu cutaneum? ( sorry don’t know how to italicize, mea culpa there i go again) just refreshed my memory. one of the more interesting afflictions people are prone to.

25. @hon glad

>>Sharpy I think we need a users guide in how not to get discomknockerated.

1. don’t use bad words
    2. don’t pretend to be a human bean
    3. don’t wander away with the thread
    4. contribute to the conversation (this is the anti-uni-“awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww” rule)
    5. don’t turn the bummer machine on maximum
    6. be on the side of truth and justice and be patient about it
    7. be kind, rewind
    8. do not frighten, confuse or taunt the moderation machine*
    9. [this is the final condition for which the algorithm may never be revealed, but a word to the wise: do not invoke the name “Mycroft Holmes,” aka “The Third Mike,” unless under extreme duress]

* Happy. Fun. Ball. Happy Fun Ball.

26. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Mischevious Girl, here.

;)

27. @O NO

>>Sharpy, is Commandment # 7, actually a transfer from the Blockbuster Video Store Rules??

yes and it also lives in a very small, dusty, dank, moldy little cigar box in a cranny next to a nook in the dark recesses of what’s left of my brain.

28. @fatgrammafinn

>>cornu cutaneum?

ooh, obscure afflictions for $50, alex!

29. Don’t forget to close cover before striking

30. @Sharpy

31. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(wow, specifically a MOLDY cigar box????
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh…….
    the mind boggles….)

32. @sharpy… you are one heck of a Sharpy!!!!

HEheheheh Signed
    Annie and the Kitties.

33. baby rhino: and furthermore……phfttttttt!

34. LOLazo, loved the caption
    cute

35. I think it is SO COOL how Rhinos look all prehistoric and ancient. And then they have those redonkulous wiggly little ears. Hee!

36. Oh, and did I mention Sharpy’s hilariousness? WAHAHA!! For the above commandments of awesomeness, I doff my hat to you. *doff*

37. I can just see him/her sticking his/her little thumbs in his/her ears, wiggling his/her little fingers and giving the wee minkeys a big raspberry as the scurry away.
    And then I realize that mini-rhino-ette has neither thumbs nor fingers . . . sigh.

38. I love that the baby is a reddish color, just like new leaves! And it’s good Mom was close enough to give us an idea how small (!) Ajang really is.

39. Sharpy – Is there a rule Do not post while stark bollock naked. I sometimes do on the way to bed.
    (Time difference)

40. @hon glad

Remember to turn off your webby cam, so we don’t see you on cuteoverload!!! haha!

41. Ah sooo pleased for Mummy and Daddy! I visited them earlier this year, gonna have to go again now to see the baby! Btw, I painted a picture of Daddy Rhino :)

42. ratchick – Luckily I don’t have a web cam. I would not like to inflict that view on the web world. Think of those innocent young minds.

43. Sharpy! yay for No. 9’s Harsh Mistress reference!

44. @Sharpy: Every time I see your posts I think Heinlein’s The Number of the Beast. Am I right?

45. I can’t put my finger on it, but something about the picture makes me wanna give both baby and momma a big hug.

46. Sharpy: regardiing #4, does that mean we have to say more than “awww that’s cute” or something? What if you are frequently ded from the qte, as I often am? (but not too ded to post that I am ded…..)

Regarding baby rhinos, I would like some edumication on the skin – is it soft when it comes out? If so when does it harden up? I know I could look it up but I’m contributing to the conversation ; )

47. @decca

>>Don’t forget to close cover before striking

lives have been saved. thank you.

48. @260Oakley

>>What happened to the 10th Cutemandment? Though shalt not covet thy neighbor’s comment/avatar/screenname.

uh oh. that’s a crime i haven’t seen yet. how will i know when it’s happening? and best of all, how to punish?!

49. @earlybird1

>>Oh, and did I mention Sharpy’s hilariousness? WAHAHA!! For the above commandments of awesomeness, I doff my hat to you. *doff*

thanks, mom.

50. Is one permitted to ask why no references to him who shall not be named are allowed? she said, going somewhat astray but they started it…I am ever so curious.

51. @EZReader – me too. It makes me want to try it and see what happens.

How about Adam Selene?

52. @260oakley….shazaam…rhino saw us…love it!!!

53. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ EZ Reader: like how you snuck that [coverin’ my heind end] bit in there:
    ….”but they started it….”

Were you, by any chance, surrounded avec siblings during yer yout’??

54. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ Hon Glad:
    (wide-eyed emoticon that I cannot manage to memorize)

(I tried once, but I got the sunglasses “cool guy” emoticon, instead)

55. Why do I feel like my mom is always hovering over me?

56. @hon glad

>>Sharpy – Is there a rule Do not post while stark bollock naked. I sometimes do on the way to bed.

i’m afraid that would conflict with one of my upcoming list of requirements.

57. Sharpy – My upcoming list of requirements. I see, so all post must be made in a state of deshabille, well if you say so, but it could be a bit awkward at work. :)

58. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!! says:

…hmmmm…..in re. Sharpy/ HG’s announced policy statements
    of Pending Action

methinks that I’m about to squeee in a manner mos’ differunt
    (mischevious intentional misspelling there)…..from the standard CO squeeing…..

59. @hon glad

>>I see, so all post must be made in a state of deshabille, well if you say so, but it could be a bit awkward at work.

that’s okay. just keep your eyes covered.

60. Sharpy – I gen- u-inely hur hured :) :)

61. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!! says:

I WANNA BABEH RHINO, mommeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Signed,