Oh, Delectabuhl Morsel!

I have plucked the most delectabuhl of morsels!

Oh sweet tender leaf,

You shall be nommed missed.

Fabuloso Gorilla and Leaf from Marilyn T. over at National Geographic Photo of the Day. Photo by Ian Nichols.

Comments

1. Is that a GrApe leaf?

2. kibblenibble says:

I think instead of nomming it, he will tuck it gently behind his ear! :-)

3. Love the wistful smile! Truly contemplative.

4. “purdy…hehehehe….hehehe…”

5. kibblenibble says:

BTW, is he standing in a deep hole?!?

6. Yay for National Geographic Photo of the Day!

7. Queen of Dork says:

That just caused me to go “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” out loud. That’s a beautiful photograph!

8. Smart gorillas look before they leaf.

9. He is sitting in water! Ah, life in a garden.

10. Is it just me or is there a lady bug on his hand?

11. Queen of Dork says:

pixidevl: I think that IS a lady bug on his hand! Wow! Just when you think things can’t get any better…..

12. Look at his widdle ear! Its so, so, cute!

13. I believe this is a detail from Monet’s “Water Gorillies”.

14. Oh my GOSH!

15. Or Rodin’s, ‘The Sinker’

16. awww.. aint that sumtin….

17. christopher d says:

Excellent.

18. Beautiful.

19. warrior rabbit says:

He’s PONDering the meaning of life. Or the meaning of leaf. Whichever.

20. Such a wonderful Photo – I cannot describe in beautiful details what this photo represents. The hands – the face – the tenderness, the neckline, cheast and coloring of the hair. Thank you very much for sharing this event.

21. Too precious!! Leaves are indeed beautiful. Today we made a crown of them for our friend’s Boston Terrier (sweet Fiona!). She loved it and wore it proudly…for a few seconds. And yeah, I wish I had a pic!

22. @ kibblenibble — no, it looks like he’s in a pond.

23. Obviously he got that from the Tymbrimi. That ‘rilla’s gonna find himself a ZigZag and twist it.

24. “I think I’ll win Glorias heart with this, it sure is purdy”

25. Why is it that gorillas, tigers, bears, lions are all ADORABLY, HUGGABLY QTE, and yet they would sooner rip your limbs off than allow you to snorgle them!?!?

26. Having observed how consuming too much foliage adversely effected the digestive systems of gorillas, Walt Whitman was inspired to pen “Leaves of Gas”.

27. Sure, he’s adorable…but how about a monkey eating an ice cream cone?

28. @ Oakley My dear, you ARE da bomb!!! I barked out loud at all three of your comments!!!

@ Rachel I think it’s the same reason that many women want the Bad Boys… They’re handsome, sassy, and bad all at the same time… *starts humming the theme from Cops*

29. Why is it that gorillas, tigers, bears, lions are all ADORABLY, HUGGABLY QTE, and yet they would sooner rip your limbs off than allow you to snorgle them!?!?

I think gorillas would be more weirded-out display-to-make-you-back-off types of animals than the latter, but either way, yeah — all so very (and frustratingly) huggable-looking!

30. I am in awe of this glorious creature!

31. The silverback’s name is Kingo and he’s a 300-lb. lowland gorilla living in the Congo Basin of central Africa. Here’s a family album featuring Kingo and his wives and energetic children, by photographer Ian Nichols, who spent two months in the field to get these pics for National Geographic:

32. Makes you just want to plop right down there beside him!

33. ‘She loves me, she loves me not, SHE LOVES ME!!’

@260OAK…you are just too funny. Your wit is so incredible. I look forward to the posts. Have a super day everyone.

34. @260Oakley, we OWE YOU AWE!

This is just the sweetest, most serene picture. I am going to use it to calm me down when I get stressed (and I will get stressed :P ) today.

35. PS Is he/she sitting in WATER? Like in a hot tub? :shock:

36. Awwww, one of those gorilla moments where they look almost human.

37. fatgrammafinn says:

sittin’ in a nice cool pond, havin’ a little snack, AH! a primate’s life for me!

38. My first reaction was, “Wasn’t this posted just the other day?” and then I remembered that I saw it Saturday at the National Geographic headquarters in Washington DC, as part of their “Simply Beautiful Photographs” exhibit. There are lots of “Awww” moments in the exhibit and the book it’s based on.

39. fatgrammafinn – Yo ho, a primates life for me
    we extort and pilfer,we filch and sack
    that’s because were a silver back.

the way I read your name as Fratgrammamuffin :)

40. Noelle (the First) says:

I love Gorillas!

Did anyone watch The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network. They had a truck called the Nom Nom truck! I think they should pay royalties to Meg. :)

41. Waiter!!! There’s a gorilla right in the middle of the salad bar!