The Flaw in the Plan

Listen, no one has anything to worry about. I’m gonna lure him in real close and then I’m gonna hurl this stick so far that this idiot will take off running and we’ll never see him again…

What do you mean he’s a “retriever”?

I’m assuming his name ain’t MacGyver, Sarah A.

Comments

1. fatgrammafinn says:

firstie dance? want, i do, this puppeh!

2. Look at that beautiful little puppy face.

3. SQUEAL!!! I want me a little mini-MacGuyver!

–bossgripes.com

4. Big dog looks so sad..little dog is like “hmph..my stick!!”

5. Oh, STINKIN’ cute!!!!!

6. Adorable!

7. fish eye no miko says:

Trust a guy named “Prongs” to use a chapter title from a Harry Potter book as a headline… (-:

8. precious little poochie! looks just like my sadie when she was a babe!

9. fatgrammafinn says:

firstie dance hurt! can’t dance after eating Palouse Giants, i guess, no matter how fine the burrito.

i’m not normally a goggie person, my bosses allow dogs on leashes in the store where i work. one of our DME clients raises bosties and i must say, the globular eye capsules more than make up for the lack of flooflulance. she brings the runty ones in quite often, stuffed in her bra usually. great place to stay warm. i mean, for a wee tiny goggie.

10. @fish eye no miko: It’s actually a girl named “Prongs”, but good point!

That little puppy is so cute! So is the doggy in the background.

11. Retriever sad eyes get me every time.
    I would give him anything he wanted and then some!

12. No. Prongs was Harry Potters Dad……

13. Well this dog could be any where in the world

:P Heh!!!

14. fish eye no miko says:

@ belphebe: Ooops, my bad! Sorry, Prongs!

15. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

THANK YOU (among other things) to all those who identified the headline as having to do with a Harry Potter book. I wasn’t even getting HALF of the Title/ captioning, etc. NOW it helps to know the in-story.

Nope, I haven’t been a teenager in a loooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Sigh.

Oh and both dogs am kyoot 2!!!

16. Does this not break some kind of record in cuteness?

17. Heather and the Boston Terriers says:

I think somebuddy is behind me.

18. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

Also this is reminding me of scenes in the ORIGIANL SHOW “Get Smart”
    (I didn’t make it to theaters, to see whether the film remake of “Get Smart” is or was wortile or good or not…)

where some HORRIFIC FATE is about to befall Agent Smart (and usually Agent 69 as well) ….and he then says …”He’s”…
    [ either THE BAD GUY, or Agent Smart's supervisor, who he just insulted]

“right behind me, isn’t he??”

19. @ONHSID, missed it by THAT MUCH!

20. @ONHSID, Theresa:
    Do we need the cone of silence?

21. Now then little un, let me show you what you do with a stick.

22. Lol, good photo.
    Think: I’m a good with this stick.

23. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(PS: in re mine # , on the line, that word was suPPOSED to be
    “worthwhile”, NOT “wortile”)

stoopidlaptopextrakeyboardsufferinsuccotashwhyIoughta…..etc.

24. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(# 17, mine of # 17)

GAH

25. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

and “ORIGINAL”; I KNOW how to spell, peeps, altho’ today I’m not showing it that well….

Grammar Police, please exqueeze my poor showing today…

26. bookmonstercats says:

O NO, I’m having a similar day. I think I may have blocked the tax bill payment system of Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs by stupidly clicking several times on a button that is clearly labelled “Don’t click on this button more than once.”
    I may be posting next from Holloway prison.
    I know how the beautiful retriever feels, I look a bit like that now (sad, not beautiful, that is).

27. bookmonstercats – I’m sure you’re beautiful too… we’re all beautiful in someone’s eyes!

and I want to give keeses to both the puppehs!

28. Naaaaaawwwwww what a cute little doggie!

29. And when they went to serve dessert, the caterer discovered a paw in the flan.

30. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

hey !! 2600!! I think I like THAT one (yours of # 28 ), the BEST
    of any of yours!!!

and that takes some doin’, cuz you got such an awesome track record !!!!

Signed,
    “Author! Author!
    Bravo! Bravo!!”

31. Oakley, you’ve outdone even youself! (I’m so glad you’re a librarian, you give hope for our sadly underappreciated profession.)

32. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

and @ bookmonstercats:

y’know, while I would give A LOT to undo “what ha’ happ'” to YOU,

I gotta admit that your “confession” makes me feel moderately not so bad now.

Hope things am MUCH bettois for you today. All kinds of encouragement from NE Florida ….to somewhere in the British Isle??? HEY — here’s a thought!!

IT”S FRIDAY — yippee???

33. Thank you, Oakley, I now have coffee all over my keyboard! :lol:

34. marty and mitch's mom says:

OMG…the level of cuteness is just too much to cope with on a sunny Friday morning. I think I should call it a day!

A side note: I call both of my boston’s – Boston Retrievers…they would play fetch until their paws were bleeding. I have to hide the tennis ball because they are so crazed for fetching.

35. bookmonstercats says:

@ceejoe THANK you so much. *Sings* I feel pretty, oh so pretty, I’m pretty and witty and bri-i-i-ight…..”

@O NO – Derbyshire, and it’s a beautiful day with the sun (not the Florida sun, natch, much more wintry) playing on the rolling green Peak District hills surrounding the quaint market town I live in. I’ve got a lot to be thankful for, including the fact that HMRC told me just to press the “cancel” button and try again and yes, they will let me live and no, they won’t send me to Holloway Women’s Prison!!

@260O, at #28, you rock, as always, another thing to be grateful for.

36. oops — yourself, I meant

37. Awww

Retriever in back Hey you done with that?

38. LOL @ 260O #28. I doubt if even my brother-in-law, who is the King of Puns, could top that one. :mrgreen:

39. @260O: What I said yesterday. Ho, hum.
    p.s. I don’t remember knowing that you are one of the many fellow librarians here. Hooray!
    p.p.s. Hi, Judith!

40. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ marty & mitch’s son?

OMG I’m physically HURTING now for those poor guys’ frenzied fetching.

……I’m considering making a slightly *blue* phrase reference….but I”m too squeamish to go there…ennyhow

DA POOW WIDDLE GUYS
    (rushes to hug the nearest animal, which
    here in Fla is likely to be a gator…)

41. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

and Valerie: VERY nice capshon!!!

The Crowd Goes Wild (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah)

42. LaureninGeorgia says:

Darn it, Oakley – I was just getting ready to post that one! (I’m actually quite impressed with myself that I thought of the same thing you did!)

I think the retriever is thinking: “Why is my person lying on the ground like that?”

43. Hi, skippymom!

44. @260O: Good thing I don’t drink anything around my computer….you always make me me laugh with those puns.

Both doggies are soooo cute….makes me want one (Grin)

45. Hey folks, thanks for all the Friday flanfare.
    I’d like to give a (very quiet) shout-out to all the library peeps in the CO community. You’ll find them in specially MARCed packages.

46. @260Oakley, I’m touched to my Dublin Core. :P

47. I’m one of those library peeps, usually lurking but always lost in admiration of the wit and fun of this site – big fan of 260O, Prongs, NTMTOM, old Unlce Tom Cobley and all. Thanx for improving my quality of life.

48. MARCed packages — whoo hoo har har!!!

49. I’m not a librarian, but I definitely use my local library ALOT, so I appreciate you guys so much! So you get my shout out too!

50. Actually, 260O, I take that back. I don’t think even the dear Rev. Spooner could beat that one! :D

51. bookmonstercats says:

Librarians rock!

52. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

woot woot @ 2600

One a me brudders refers to my career, by saying that I’m a “librariologist” which so far, has been me favorite silly bit on the subject!!!

53. Kudos to Oakley yet again from “GlitterGram ” Arvy in Syracuse, NY. My mother was an inveterate punster and you make me happy cause you remind me of her nearly every day. My thanx to everyone who so cleverly comments here and makes me believe again in the inherent intelligence of the human animal despite the utter foolishness than is now what constitutes most of “entertainment” anymore.

54. @Arv9y

YEAH! IT’S TRUE! WE’RE NOT DUM!

so there

55. Another (whispered) shout out to librarians!!! Many of my happiest hours on the planet have been spent lost in a book

56. @Arv9y
    Thanks for sharing that memory of your mother. She sounds like a punderful woman. ;)

57. A flaw in the plan is better than a paw in the flan!

58. The Boston pup is really just trying to lure the retriever to play with him! Pups are so playful!

59. His ears are like satelite dishes he could hear a catepillar sigh! lol

Hes toying with the old fella.