Limbo Night at The Birdcage

After a few rounds of Cuttlefish Daiquiris, Greta, Yelena and Blinda drag out the Harry Belafonte records, and for the rest of the evening, it’s “how low can you go?!”

Photo: Ruth Rogers

Advertisements

Comments

1. Sassy old birds!

2. Technicolor Tweeties!!!

3. let me adjust the colour to put a little more blue *tweak*

4. Aw come on now, you know somebody was bound to post it !

5. um…..o-kaaaay….. that’s weird, the link didn’t show up.
    Oh well it was just a link to Chubby Checker on you tube.

6. Mary (the first) says:

How pretty are they!?!?
    (Mary (the first) meaning, the first Mary, not the first commenter, which is NTMTOM.. Not This Mary The Other Mary. Wait.. is that name already taken? 🙂 )

7. Those three look sooooo happy that they made me laugh.

@Mudbug – the link is there. I refuse to listen to that before I go to bed. Who knows what kinds of flashbacks that would inspire, never mind the ear worm!!!!

8. It was either this or Beetlejuice…

9. We’re waiting for the birdy num nums, limbo gives us the munchies.

10. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(obligatory MP bit)

Is that Third Bird a Norwegian Blue????? 😉

Signed,
    Nudge-Nudge, Wink-Wink!!!

11. bookmonstercats says:

@corianne, ONLY the Muppets could be allowed to interrupt the divine Mr Belafonte in full throat.

12. Parrotlets!! 😀 I love them!

13. Aww! Cutie birds!

Calypso-Fest!

14. PS Harry Belafonte was the speaker at my brother’s college commencement. I said to my dad “Do these kids even know who he is?” When Mr. Belafonte arrived at the podium, he was greeted by thousands of voices singing “DAY-O!” Question answered. 😉

15. Cuttlefish Daiquiris! I love it.

16. Awwww, little dawlings! I lurves them. Like you knew I would, right peeps?

17. Oh oh oh!! Cute cute cute!!! OMG OMG OMG!! Parrotlets parrotlets parrotlets!!

They can limbo on my playgym anytime!!!

18. /say in Marnie voice/ Wheeeeeeee! They’re so cuuuuuuuuuuuute!
    I am SO fascinated by boidies. Some day I will have one! I promise myself!

19. Like how they sit close. Do they come in purple?

20. sidenote: I gave my darling little baby cousin (I say ‘baby’ – she was 6) a big floppy soft stuffed elephant for Christmas, and she named it Harry Elephante. cutest thing ever.

21. Ahhhh! a forever rainbow 🙂 🙂 🙂

22. Looks like they’ve chosen a pretty seedy bar for Ladies Night, but after a few cockatiels they all look the same.

23. Greta, Yelena and Blinda???

24. Now all you need, to complete your collection, is a red one! Then each will have a dance partner!

25. @ O No: Bet they’re not Pinin’ for the Fjords…

…say no more : )

MP and Technicolor cuties… happy happy Friday!!

26. Harry Belafonte on the Muppet Show is one of my favorite episodes!! The Muppet Show was the original Cute Overload!
    NTMTOM, I think you’ve reached the point where professional help is needed! But I love it! Rock ON with your crazy self!

27. “You do an eclectic celebration of the dance! You do Fosse, Fosse, Fosse! You do Martha Graham, Martha Graham, Martha Graham! Or Twyla, Twyla, Twyla! Or Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd, Michael Kidd! Or Madonna, Madonna, Madonna!… but you keep it all inside!”

28. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ corianne: now THAT was a terrific Muppets (old-skool Muppets) clip!!! 🙂

29. OMG! The Harry Belfonte banana boat song from the Muppet Show was HYSTERICAL!! ENCORE!!

Those birds better not do 100 bottles of beer on the wall!!!!!!

Ms. Jaye

30. Corianne, Beetlejuice was my first thought too. 😆

31. Day ! One day saaaale O !……

32. They look cute, but their nips are painful! Tiny birds with huge personalities.

33. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ (oh jeepers) almost grasshopper19 (comment # 33):

I gotta admit, that tweaks my curiosity. Lesquelles oiseux sont-ceux???

34. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ (oh jeepers) (virtual grasshopper19/ comment # 33):

Which tweaks MY curiosity.
    Lesquelles oiseux, sont-ceux???

35. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

(D”OH!!!

my computer screen di-unt show that my #34 had been posted. Sorry fer tha dup post…)

36. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

and for a Friday encore, here is what happens when a white man invites the AMAZING Mr. Belafonte onto his show:

(PS: according to my research, somewhere on the Internet, the source of the song is somebody named “Lord Melody”/ Fitzroy Alexander (given name) in the 50s)

Have Fun, Kids
    Hopefully — if Youtube allows this vid to load? !! 🙂

37. 😀

O NO, I love Danny Kaye, he was one of the funniest men who ever lived.

The Harry Belafonte Muppet’s episode was Jim Hansen’s favorite. Harry sang this song at his funeral:

38. @ OH NO – if I remember my French correctly, they are parrotlets, maybe Pacific. Mine were red-rumped parrotlets – little piranhas.

39. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

wow — I thought “parrotlets” was a CO-Cute-speak word!! It’s an actual scientific type??? coolness. Thanks for the cuteness, AND for the info! 🙂

40. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ corianne: thats very cool, thanks!

I would imagine that Mr. Belafonte receives bucketloads of invitations to many events, so it’s pretty moving, that he chose to participate and commemmorate (prob. misspelled; I don’t feel like checking for the accurate; sorry folks 🙂 )

the wonderful person that Jim Henson was ….

41. Blue + Yellow = Green! 8D

42. ANYONE happen to notice that Harry Belafonte was stinkin’ gorgeous? 😯

43. PS Re: Muppet Show Banana Boat Song: Sweetums sighting at the end!!

44. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@Theresa:
    did you open the link I posted? Methinks you weel like the dancing
    (AND the view) !! 🙂

45. @corianne

i’ve never heard this… what a great video, those mask-muppets are awesome. i’ve never seen any like them. i love knowing he sang this at the funeral.

good ear worm.

46. Those are Pacific Parrotlets and they are FIESTY! I have a green female and she is never shy about letting me know when she wants some attention. They are quite intelligent but not really capable of speech like many larger parrot breeds. But, they are a true parrot – and there is only one species tinier and that one was only discovered within the last year. They look almost the same as these but are only the size of your thumb!

47. OK, OK, OK,…I got a joke for ya!
    These three birds walk into a bar and….oh,.. they all ducked did they?
    Well nevermind then this joke isn’t going to work.

48. Here! Let me help you with the joke! 3 birds walk into a bar. Before they can be served, the bartender says, “how are you going to pay for all of your drinks?” And, one of the birds says, (drum roll please) “just put it on my bill………………………”

49. I have been playing this at work – keeps my spirits up! A co-worker just asked me to lower the volume! But SHE CAN’T LOWER MY GOOD MOOD!!!!