Surprise Attack!

Hey, quit it! I wasn’t ready!

No fair! You big cheater!

Mooooooommmmmm!

Photo credit: John Tuggle

Comments

1. How gorgeous. Sweet baby terrors!

2. knittinkitten says:

Such leetle cuties! These cubs are certainly teh most terrible and ferocious of tigers!

3. Say whut? Tiger butt.

4. Scream and leap, monkey boy.

5. He’s Pushing me… MOM!!!! Make him Quit IT!!!

They have Stubby little legs heheheh!

6. The cutest part is that the baby tigers have collars.

7. Tigers, the most gorgeous cats!

8. Resistance is futile! You will be nomed!

9. TrixandSam says:

Look at those caramel-colored stripes!!

Dulce de Leche Tigers: makes nomming taste 10 times better!

10. I WANNA PLAY TOO!

whew, okay. now that I’ve gotten that out of my system…

hey wait a minute… those tiggerkitties are WEARING COLLARS OMG.

sigh.

11. Two? How convenient, one for each pocket

12. I think the collars are a nice touch too!

13. Wow, so very beautiful!!

14. flutterbye says:

Large marmies!

15. fatgrammafinn says:

creme brulee and creme fraiche YUMMY!

16. Malinki, I found your challenge verbose. A simple squee of rage will suffice. You squee and you leap.

17. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous! And I can relate to that hovertext.

18. You has a saveur: crême fraiche et caramel.

19. harmlesslittleflea (Clare) says:

Ooooh! These are strawberry tigers!!! :D

…no, I’m serious. :) It’s a very rare colour variation, also called the golden tabby tiger, that gives the upper part that caramelly colour with melting stripes rather than the bold black stripes most tigers have; and there’s the pure white below, and the patterns between the white and the caramel on their faces. I think they’re stunning. I didn’t know the world had had any strawberry cubs recently. :D

20. Fer some reason, I have the “Time Amok” music stuck in my head (Star Trek episode where Kirk fights Spock)…

21. S.J. Hartsfield says:

All kitties are the same! They look exactly like my two little nuisances tussling with each other! … Much bigger, of course, and much better about wearing their collars, but still.

22. Love the hovertext

23. “Stop touching me”

24. gahhhhhh marmalade tiger cubs! *faint*

25. Harmlesslittleflea you forgot to mention the stubby legs LOL

A strawberry Tiger! :)

26. @ Marmar: I’m NOT touchin’ you…nyah nyah…look I’m not touchin’ YOU!!

Yummy bebehs for the afternoon treat! ***Wants in too!!!***

Meeeeell: Those twinnies would tear the pockets right out the lining, gentleh please…

27. knittinkitten says:

Harmlesslittleflea-thanks for the info! My terrible tiny tiger has the same type of coloring as theses leetle guys. Next time someone asks what his coloring is called I can say “golden tabby tiger” or “strawberry tiger”.

I think we all realize I must include the word tiger in the description or else suffer the consequences. No ire like the ire of an 11 1/2 pound kitteh.

28. thedistractor says:

They’re so… so…. ORANGE.

I know some people at my alma mater that would want to put some blue collars on them. Then they would be Auburn Tigers.*

*I’m not a football fan, and I currently attend Auburn’s arch-rival Alabama. Don’t yell at me please.

29. I will turn this car right around, kids!

ZOMG are those golden tabbies? They’re my favorite coloration (as long as it’s not achieved via bad breeding). Stho pretteh!

30. *s-s-s-sniffle!* CO, why are you moderating me? I thought we were friends… *sob*

31. My dear Yiska (the recently lost and found) also has this coloring!

32. Thank you for my new desktop wallpaper! I keep my 2 work monitors on various kitteh wallpapers, changed weekly or as cuteness demands, and certain coworkers like to see what the latest kitteh is. This one should elicit squees all around.

33. :lol: No matter the size, kittens will play like that :lol:

34. JohnnieCanuck says:

Looks like I am in the moderation lock-up, too. Tell me what I did wrong, please? I promise, really promise I won’t do it again. Really. Are we still BFFs?

35. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

where’s T.U.M.???

“tiny (?) tabbees, tiny (?) tabbees….” :)

36. Who else wants to grab that kitty drumstick and smooch those toes??!!! Just me?? Oh no it can’t be just me

37. Ohhh you said that rude word, the one mom told us never to say, I’m telling I’m telling.

38. Pixy, the Kzin do NOT go ‘squee’ :D

39. Collars…were not domesticated here we’ll show you!

They are a beauty!

40. @hon glad

>>Ohhh you said that rude word, the one mom told us never to say, I’m telling I’m telling.

if you are referring to the baby-talk… gggggrrrrrrr… do not rile the moderator. she’s hungry and not partial to shenanigans right now.

41. Oh! Such cute and just barely stripey terrors! They weeshus, weeshus chitties!

42. What a sweet white belly!

43. How can it be that such ferocity is contained is such a snorgleable package?? Cats, one of nature’s finest ironies… oh look it’s so soft and cute… pulls back a bloody stump.

44. Mary (the first) says:

@Clare, thanks for the strawberry info! I didn’t consciously notice the different color but somehow they looked “special”. But maybe that was also the color. What I noticed is that they do appear to be well-fed! :D (And quite gorgeous, but I hardly need to mention that. Y’all have eyes.)

45. Mary (the first) says:

dang, what I meant was, “maybe that was also the collar” not “color” again. dangitall.

46. Not only are they remarkably ORANGE, they look really soft and fuzzy! I want to pet them.

47. Oh sweet lord! I had to know where these gorgeous beauts were so I went to the flickr link and it said Gulf Shores Zoo. Went to their website and the zoo lets you hold and snorgle tiger cubs!!! Are you frickin’ kidding me? I NEED to go there now! Why does it have to be in Alabama? *pouts* Go here to see it with your own eyes: http://www.alabamagulfcoastzoo.org/slideshow_tiger_encounters/tiger_encounters.html

48. Caruso Kittehs! ;-)

49. Tony the Tiger falls on hard times.

50. A perfect pair of little warrior cubs if ever there were some – they just need the Kzinti batwing ears and naked tails!

How much intelligence does it take to stalk a leaf? Seeing as one of my fuzzy little mini-Kzin is doing that right now….

51. Beautiful cats, I so want to pet a tiger!

52. Wow, and I thought my cats were fat. :)

53. Oh my stinkin’ gosh!!!! *splode*

Continually grows.

Tigers are perfect
    The e-pit-o-me
    Of good looks and grace
    And quiet dignity!

Tigers are great
    They’re the toast of town
    Life’s always better
    When a tiger’s around!

55. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

…and let’s not forget the ever-popular
    “Mo-om, she’s breathing MY air!!!!”

56. MythrilDragon says:

AAAAHHHHH! SNEAK ATTACK!!!!

57. GINGERS !!!!!
    (said the red head)

58. my persian calvin has the same golden orangy colour and the tabby marks… i should start calling him a strawberry tiger :D

@ theresa – love the calvin and hobbes poem.

59. OMG BABEH TIGARS1!!

Look at their cute little pink noses and their blue, blue eyes!

SQUEE

60. Sharpy – I am not understanding what your saying.

61. omg they’re so gorgeous ;o;

62. @ Strixus You know never… That leaf may be dangerous!! It could leap up and bite you! Your babeh is protecting you! Just think about what would happen if that leaf were to branch out into something…bigger!!! ARGH!!!

My trip to the Tiger preserve in Mrytle Beach is in 22 days… I will be able to personally hug, snorgle, nom, cuddle, kiss, play, ruffle, and whatever else I think I can get away with, babeh Teegers!!!! I can’t wait!! And there will be pictures!!! *anxious sigh*

63. I say, they’re imitating my kittens! I caught the exact expression on one of my small ones: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs220.snc4/39344_419105270867_718365867_5237463_7401193_n.jpg

64. “You’re a cheetah!”
    “You’re lion!”

65. Wait, I’m getting taken down by a girl?
    Yep, bwahahaha

66. Oh baby tiggers. sigh

From Winnie the Pooh

The Tigger Song (with slight variation on the ending)

A wonderful thing is a Tigger;
    A Tigger’s a wonderful thing.
    Their tops are made out of rubber,
    their bottoms are made out of spring
    They’re bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy,
    fun, fun, fun, fun, fun,
    The most wonderful thing about Tiggers is:
    “we’re” the only ones!

67. “Go ahead calllll for Mom, she wooonnnt hearrrr you.” chomp chomp

68. ack! forgot the U in beautiful! *sigh*

69. the one on top has quite a tummy.

70. Gotta love the hover text…

71. I want to put some of those ridiculously long clown shoes on those flailing feet!

72. @Petri…love it!! Throw in a red nose too!

73. it never fails. baby tigers are the one thing in the world that can make me go “wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!” every time

74. Be still, sweet moderator – I think Hon Glad’s comment was merely referring to an imagined dialogue between these two orangeey beauties, rather than calling Moderator Mom on anyone. :)

75. @polly

okay! what are we talking about?

76. I’m reminded by the old “You make kitty scared!” internet meme pic. ^_^

77. so cute!!! <3 tiger cubs playing!