A Polite Request from Monstro

Yeah, we’ve all seen the movie. Jiminy Cricket, Blue Fairy, “I got no strings,” the whole schmear. Hey, even my grandkids like it — until they get to that scene.

Look, I’m a big animal, and sometimes I swallow things. You try watching where you’re going with a head the size of a submarine. So if you happen to find yourself in my belly, do me a favor: Don’t start a fire; just knock. I’ll let you out, promise.

Posted to our Twitter feed by sfxmaven, who found it in this slideshow.

Comments

1. BLOORP!

That is the happiest of cetaceans

2. I love his blue eyes.

3. Mr. Whale, does it really work if I tickle your uvula? *giggle*

4. fatgrammafinn says:

wow. rendered speechless, and that doesn’t happen often

5. Is that REAL?? S/he is gorgeous! The blue eyes are amazing, and the smile too! How did the photographer snag that photo, WOW!

6. Oh noes Fatgrammafinn! Are you not feeling whale?

7. Question. What kind of whale is best?

WRONG!

PILOT WHALE!
    :P

8. fish eye no miko says:

In case anyone’s interested, that’s a pilot whale. Pilot whales, like killer whales, are actually large dolphins.

9. knittinkitten says:

I just want to beep him on his nose and give him a treat, he’s so cute! Beeeeeep! Love teh smily face!

10. Willie the Whale who wanted to sing at the Met!!

11. Venerable Bead says:

It’s a “Mouse that Built Orlando” themed day! YEAH! Requesting a Winnie The Pooh post please!

12. Creideiki? Oh, wait… Pilot would make it Keepiru?

13. Lovely.

What, no “blorp” tag?

14. “Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Pilot squeaking. That turbulence you felt was just a fluke.”

15. IT’s a whale of a tale
    and it’s all true
    I swear by my tatoo!

16. By the way, I just want to let you CO peeps know that after 3 long weeks, I found my cat, Yiska!! He’s very thin, but otherwise OK.

17. YAY for Rooanne! That’s great news!!!!

18. 260Oakley – Agh! I was gonna say that! LOL!

19. Very happy for you and Yiska :-) But in keeping with the post I can’t help asking:

Was he swallowed by a whale? ;-)

20. @rooanne!

oh yayayay! i was really hoping you’d show up with good news!

21. Awwwww…! Looks like Luuvely Whale-io is smylingks;
    However, because she is so endangered, I have such concern for her;
    (Wish I could just reach out and pet her, and tell her everything is gonna be OK….!)
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

22. @260oakley

[insert sound Lurch makes]

23. fatgrammafinn says:

So happy for you and Yiska, Rooanne, you two rest easy and enjoy your weekend!

24. I don’t know what it is, but that picture really creeped me out. That usually doesn’t happen, but damn.

25. Whale meat again, don’t know where don’t know when.

Rooanne – I am doing a happy dance for you, do you know what happened to Yiska?

26. AuntieMame says:

Y is for Yay, and Yay is for Yiska!

And someone pass Grandpa a whale-sized napkin. He’s got krill on his chin.

27. @ Roanne What great news.. I am sooo glad you found your kitty!

Kitty will definitely stay much closer to home after this.

28. And if the whale is a Kipling aficionado as I am, after you have politely knocked to be let out, he will rush halfway up the beach and open his mouth wide and wide and wide and say, “Change here for Winchester, Ashuelot, Nashua, Keene, and stations on the Fitchburg Road,” and out you will walk.

This little quote is from the How the Whale Got His Throat, O my best beloved.

29. Yesss. I love whales. This whale is amazing. All of you are amazing.

30. It’s smilinks at us! Awww. Someone please ploof a plankton cloud over to its!

31. I think Monstro’s daddy was an eggplant. And hey, that’s OK!

32. I’m sure he’s smilingk because Yiska is back home with his mommy. Yay!!!

33. Thanks for using my tip! In case anyone was interested, there are a bunch more whale pictures here posted by Treehugger.com:

34. Doh, I just saw that you posted the slideshow too. My oversight!

35. I always felt so bad for Monstro in Pinnochio. He just wanted noms!

36. Did anyone open the slide show and read about the right whale? He’s got “callosities!”

It’s my new favorite word, right after “Jocularity!”

37. @Brinann, that’s a dyslexia fail waiting to happen. :shock:

38. Brittany F says:

!!!
    I thought I was the only kid who was scared during that part of Pinocchio!
    The first time we watched it, my brother cried when the bad little boys turned into donkeys. :(

39. Felicityanne says:

@kathyp: oh, the duplicity of the small ‘stute fish!

40. Very cool dude. I could tell he was a really a dolpin because of the smile! Capt. Ahab beware!

41. just look this url: http://cnx.org/content/m14776/latest/graphics1.jpg

isn’t he a beut.?

42. Thar she blows!

(sorry)

43. Ah, i saw this pic last week on the Nat Geo website and was wondering when it would turn up here! Love eet!

44. I don’t know, he looks as if he is about to burp.

45. Eggplant indeed!