The Guru Speaks

There are no shortcuts to Enlightenment, young student. In my quest for answers, long have I sat upon this rock…

This is a Vizcacha, says Susan H., who found more pics and a video The Featured Creature.

Comments

1. Thems some longish whiskerinos.

2. South American Idle presents its newest rock star.

3. Nnnnnooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmm.

4. OMG!!!!1!! I think the capybara now has some competition in the ‘Most Hilarious Rodent’ category! He seems to be taking disapproval to a whole new level!

5. Gah! I want to squoooosh heem!

6. Is it a bunny or chinchilla? <3 either way

7. Is that a belly or a mutant, extra-large third pair of paws?

8. sitting on this rock
    contemplating some haiku
    itch in third whisker….

9. Buddha Bunny?

10. This is my new favorite ani-pal!

11. My goodness, that is one round little fella! The paws are almost lost in all of the blorpitude.

12. LBCSquirrel says:

This is my favorite photo on the site from years back! was my desktop wallpaper for months after the original sighting. Still want to hug. :(

13. That’s not a capybara. Not sure what it is, but it’s not a capy.

14. Oh, duh, it says in the caption. *smacks self*

15. LBCSquirrel says:

Yes, Neil Diamond…..
    Then I saw the Vizcacha face / now I’m a believer!
    Not a trace of doubt in my mind. I’m in love / I’m a believer!

16. Thanks squirrel. I was certain we saw this guru before. Guess it shows how long we’ve all been reading this.

17. HE is part bunny part marmot! HEhehehe.

18. Nancy Hard says:

It’s a real-live Totoro!

19. “Now for your first task student. Pop down the drug store and get me some haemerrhoid cream, it’s this sitting on a rock all day that does it”

20. Come closer, and I will reveal the secret to hoppiness….

21. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!! says:

@ HonGlad: :) :)

22. AIEEEEE it IS Totoro! Or some kind of adorable long-whiskered bunnychilla. :D

23. @Hon Glad
    Rock piles are the worst.

24. Squashy, dignified, and very plump and furry!
    love him

25. I officially declare this war over! Thank you. *hops away*

26. Would it offend the Mighty Mountain Guru if I were to snorgle his belly and tell him what cute widdle whiskerses he has? Cuz I might have to do that anyway…

27. So this is what the Easter Bunny does on his summer vacation:
    Contemplative sun-bathing on a quiet, distant rock…..! :wink:

28. entropy's bitch says:

I see bewbies. *giggles*

29. I remember this peektur! So fluffy!

30. i think it might be masked disapproval.

in any event, absofablutely adorabuhls.

and its fun to say “vizcacha”

31. This post has renewed my faith in the universe.

32. Give the Governor a “HARUMMPH!”

33. Grand Master V is hip to the hop. Yo.

34. Whoa. It’s just a big blob with ears and paws.

35. @260Oakley, eeeeeeeeek!

36. “I haz now prooved eet, in my wizz-dôme and expeeree- ence, lend me your ear now: I haz zits here long eenuff to know eet. – Eef you zits there and contemplate and not moove, zou shall be beeg.

37. PS AWESOME whiskers.

38. AuntieMame says:

Rock piles…BWAHAHAHA!

*ahem*

Vizcacha does NOT approve…

39. Thanks, LBCSquirrel — I thought I was imagining things, but I see I’m not the only old-timer here!! :D

40. What a wise looking fluff-guru.

41. “I have a big head and little arms. I’m just not sure how well this plan was thought through. “

42. 42.

43. Isn’t this the picachu animal?

44. Don Vizcacha is going to make you an offer you can’t refuse.

45. Winner of long whiskers contest.

46. That. IS. Totoro!!!!

47. As soon as I saw him the Beatles song poped into my mind.

He’s a real no where man
    Living in his no where land
    Making all his no where plans
    For nobody.

48. Longest Whiskers EVERRRRR! He looks like he might have plastic pellets in his bottom to keep him upright. WANT.

49. Queen Zola says:

That’s a whole new level of disapproving.

50. Malle Babbe says:

“The Qte which can be named is not the True Qte…”

51. fatgrammafinn says:

*eveil tenting of fingers* The ultimate in disapprovals!

52. knittinkitten says:

That is one very wise vizcacha. Love the pawses and the contemplative look on his face!

53. Maybe its the somber grey sky in the background but for some reason I immediately thought of the killer bunny from The Holy Grail.

54. This is so one of my favourite animals. unfortunately this part of the bbc doc doesn’t show them jump – but shows more of the sitting around in the sun ;-)

55. @ mar: I like it how the pcunia (?) falls at the end!

56. Love this guy…Oh wise Bunneh.

57. *itches to cuddle* What a completely ridiculous-looking creature! I want one!

58. Oh how cute and fuzzy was he! I loves him!

59. This is why we keep the hamsters and the kangaroos in separate enclosures, people.

60. Mar – They look very contemplative in that extract very Ommmm.

61. I am the walrus. Coo coo ka-choo

62. EEK. I love them. The bigger flufflier cousin of thechinchilla! Why can’t we domesticate these too. I’ll take one! Yes they’re related to chins!

63. Oh the hand muffs and round belly! *dead*

64. To-to-ro Totoro, To-to-ro Totoro!

65. ♪ Mukashi kara sunderuuu ♪

66. Vizcachas are also known because they love to “steal” stuff they like and store it on their underground home, specially when they’re near human settlements.
    There is a well-known “epic” poem in my country (Argentina) called “Martín Fierro”, about the life of gauchos, where there is a character called “Viejo Vizcacha” (Old Men Vizcacha) that was called like that because he was a thief and not very friend of hard work. But he was very wise on his own way, and he was a counsellor, even when not altruistic at all, for the main character.

67. Awwww!!!!! That is so cute I can’t bear it….
    p.s. Wicked Whiskers!

68. Um, I can’t see my feets.

69. … leaves her old life behind, climbs every mountain in the Andes until she finds wise ‘cacha.

70. I guess his name is Frankie, and he sez relax

71. Guy Incognito says:

Is this The Guru’s theme music? This immediately popped into my head when I saw that picture. Can’t really say why.

Final Fantasy VI Music – Cyan’s Theme