Cooking for Hamsters—THE BOOK

The creator of HamsterTracker and friend of the site, Mathjis van der Paauw has some delicious news. His new book chronicling hamster-sized recipes is out! Check it out on Amazon. You”ll see delectabuhl and enticing ham-tastic treats like:

Vegetarian Pizza-tilla
Served on a warmed glass tabletop

Sweet Rice-Apple-Octagon
[Lucy giving thanks before demolition]

Caesar Salad with Optional Ham, served in Cucumber Bowl
[shown in demolished state]

and finally;
Pasta Peperone Hamdoro!

Bon Hampétit, Mathjis!

Comments

1. kibblenibble says:

Smilingk eyes in last pic! SQUEEEEE!

2. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!! says:

somehow, SOMEbody in ‘Merica oughtta be able to make a livingk outta
    fine cuisine fer rodentia…..

3. O NO He/She/It DI-unt!!!! says:

Also pleez to tell these lil’ guys/ gals….they DON”T want to investigate the room with the Birthday Partie………

4. Mmmm! Would I get a hammy paw slap if I tried to fork a bite or two?

5. The smiling hamster with the spaghetti rocks my world. Now *I* want spaghetti bolognese! I’d better get ingredients on my way home…

6. Oh my gosh! Those are the cutest things I have ever seen! I don’t even cook that well for my family!

7. I would BUY THIS BOOOOK!

8. Oh this is hamtastic! I love the creativity. Squee!! :)

9. Too qte! I love the lil’ ham with the cucumber bowl…that paw on the side, the expresh that sez…”oh… Did you want some?” ;-)

10. knittinkitten says:

It’s a hammy sammy! OMG! too cute! And the daintiest of pawses!

11. what?? no hover text?? civilization has ENDED oh noes!!! eat, hammies, eat while you still can!! ;D

12. Yep, cute overload is peer pressuring me into adopting a hamster.

13. That foods a lot fancier than I ever get, quivering bottom lip.

14. I can’t believe they made a book out of this! I’ve always wondered how they made those tiny, anerable recipes. Now I will know for SURE!!

-bossgripes.com

P.S. Yes, please bring back the hovertexts. I live for those. ;-)

15. Awwww. Congrats to Mathjis van der Paauw!

16. BTW, they have just 4 copies available on amazon.com

17. Such a happy hammie. Awwwwwwwww

18. How to cook for hamsters?

Uhhh, yeah, I’ll get right on that.

19. warrior rabbit says:

Yay for Mathjis! I’ve always loved his ‘Cookin’ for Lucy’ section. So cute!

20. I thought it was just a C.O. fiction writeup, but it’s actually for reals??? Wow. Too precious. I can’t imagine having the time or patience to make those, but hats off to those who do!

21. OMG it’s a COOKBOOK !!

22. blakesgrammadog says:

GREAT scroll-down to the pasta-muncher….lol…love his BIG smile….

23. omg. These pics are adorabuhls! Congrats to Mathjis!

24. Padfoot_Lives says:

Ok I am torn between basking in the adorable-ness, and wondering where in the world people find the time to even think of something like this much less do it….

25. The pasta pic is EPIC WIN. I swear that little guy is POSING. Cannot deal.

26. flutterbye says:

So much fun to spoil anipals, just to see their smilingks!

27. * standing ovation*
    brilliant……just brilliant!
    (And stinkin cute too)

28. those are adorable! i miss my pickle.

they devour anything you give them, stuffing as much as they can into their pouches and running back to their hideout to bury it in their poo. at least that’s what pickle did…. so cute but so stinky.

29. My daughters had rats and we always made special treats for them.. but this .. this is extroardinary… well done Mathias! I may have to get a book just for may daughter so we can laugh about it… a favorite was thier owm rat sized pancakes with jelly or peanutbutter smeared on them.

30. enlightenmentgirl says:

Okay, now I want to see fancy bento boxes for hamster lunches. The cuteness combo would make my brain explode.

31. Now that’s special!

32. They could not be much cuter!

33. Jonathan the hamster guy says:

I’m only 9 years old, but I LOVE hamsters. On a scale of 1 to 10, I rate it 10!!!

34. At least some of these are reposts, but I don’t mind! Squee!

35. RE: enlightenmentgirl – Hammies + Bento = OMG Ponies! Maybe Mathjis’ next endeavor….

36. 260Oakley says:

Bento boxes? How about rodento boxes?

37. ROFL@Optional Ham

38. Shygrrl74 says:

@: enlightenmentgirl : Yes…just…yes ***thud***

39. Haute cuisine for quality hammies with delicate palates

40. This is just too freaking cute. LOL Awwwwww. Thud.

41. That hammie inhaling his / her pasta and veggies: expression of utterly cute BLISS… :)

42. Awwwww, the last one is SO HAPPY. Lookit his smiling eyes! “I has a pasta!”

43. cute so cute!!!!!

44. I was this on hamster tracker llong ago, I frequently cook fun little dishes for my hansters when I have too much time on my hands, they love it! :)